SmashT

Ivan & Martin Free on bail

Congratulations, i hope they can see there family, great progress!

• Like 1

Wow! This is awesome. I hope they can enjoy as much time with their families as they can before they have to go back for their trial.

• Like 1

Quality news, finally.

Im expecting to see the average life expectancy to drop on the home page now their characters must be on some long dayz, but may their names forever remain at the top of the survival list, eye of the tiger fella's

Well, don't want to jinx this, let's just say that as soon as they're back to CZ they are as good as free (espionage=political crime, no extradition...)

The BBC article said they would have to face trial sometime this year, after the judges come back from being on strike.

They live in the EU unfortunately. As we have learned with Julian Assange with Britain and Sweden, the individual has few protections when it comes to defending themselves from bizarre politics of backwards countries like Greece or Sweden.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I welled up a bit (with very manly tears of joy) at this news. That's great! :)

its about fucking time, i hope BIS is kind enough to grant them a LOA to spend time with their families.

• Like 1

A good step towards getting this sorted out. Shame that it hasn't been thrown out completely, but I'm pleased for Ivan, Martin, and their families / friends / colleagues.

I still think it's silly that the charges aren't dropped completely, but at this point I'll take what good news I can get!

So happy for them and their families, this is amazing news! :)

Thank God. Hope this disgrace is over now. They should sue the Greek government in front of the Brussels court of humanitatian rights, the least they should get is financial compensation for their suffering.

great news, safe trip home!!! and now vacation with family !!!!

Edited by ShaneGT

You gave away my secret plan. This was stage one, they are actually in a secure container on the back of an octopus heading home secured by my underwater space unicorn ninjas

This is some great news, it really is. I am glad things turned out okay in the end. They can finnaly get back to their families.

Really good news.

good for them. without nowing anything about it hopefully they wont worry about a trial and just forget about it.

Yes, our Czechs are free!

Now we can continue the espion- I mean... developing the latest installment of the Arma series.

Seriously, it is good to see these 2 guys are finally free after 4 months of imprisonment.

• Like 1