Dayzo

v175 beta: meat issues [solved] [old]

there should be no instant blood fixes. there should be a constant slow blood gain, blood bags should double or triple it. being fed maybe 1.5. being sick should stop it.

I quite like that idea, the constant blood regeneration would have to be really slow though otherwise people wouldn't really bother, they would just sit under a tree for 10 mins.

• Like 1

I think people need to drop the whole "unrealistic" idea. How realistic is it that you get shot in the head by a .50 cal and run back to your group a few minutes later?

To the devs, push the lone wolves away from the mod and I feel there will be a lot of empty servers out there.

• Like 1

I quite like that idea, the constant blood regeneration would have to be really slow though otherwise people wouldn't really bother, they would just sit under a tree for 10 mins.

i was thinking something like 1 per minute as a base.

So I find it hard to believe the patch notes will go into effect as it is now. But if they do, it'll change the feel of DayZ completely for me. So instead of ranting, threatening, or bashing R4ZOR49, I've tried to come up with a solution by thinking of ways to modify my play style. See when I first started to play DayZ I decided I'd be a "good guy" for once. I wanted to buck the trend and try to have positive player interactions. DayZ has been a blast for me. Have I found the KoS mentality fusterating? Yes. Did I have unrealistic ideas of what DayZ would be like? No. I've played in FFA (free for all) in the past, I understand the way of life in these type games. For the most part I've gotten exactly what I was expecting / looking for! A harsh world, where no one cares about anything but their own well being. Which only made my positive interactions with people more enjoyable. A place where if some shmuck is a douche, I have the same chances of shutting him up as he has for adding a notch on his stock. DayZ has it's flaws but honestly what game doesn't, and aren't those flaws part of what made DayZ such an experience?

So Pen WTH is your point? Honestly I don't know. I guess I won't judge these changes completely until I get some time to get a grip on them. I think personally R4ZOR49 is way off base here, and these chages will do nothing but harm the overall feel of the mod. He wants to discourage KoS, but no changes can be made thru code short of making it impoosible to harm eachother will accoplish this. The only thing that can fix KoS is the community, but we refuse to believe that. Most people feel it is fair play since it happens to them, even though this isn't how they want to play. We instead blame the COD kids, the e-thugs, and the mentally defunct, so we must KoS to protect ourselves. I can honestly say I've only ever KoS's people who were bandit skinned or I witnessed KoS'ing. I've been shot in the back more times then i can remember, and have avenged myself rarely. But I still chug on trying to be positive towards my fellow survivors.

So if regaining health is going to become a chore, hassle, dependent on others, I fear DayZ the mod will be ruined. (for me personally) I hate games that waste my time, or limit my ability to create adventures for myself. This has been why I've been thru more MMO's then the average bear. (Damn you UO! Ruined me for the grind) But this isn't even about that. How do I, if these changes happen keep DayZ interesting for me? I've thought about just roleplaying and forgetting about gear all together. I am a self admitted gear whore though. I can accept losing it, but i always like having a nice shiney gun to keep me warm and cozy at night. But really is it worth roaming around and risking having to crawling my way somewhere safe to log off until I can secure a rescue? I kind of roleplay now, just nothing hardcore. I could switch it up completely and spit in R4ZOR49's eye and become a douche in game. This would be easy for me, I've been a douche in many of games... I am told I do it well. I could just wait for my squad-mates to be on and play alot less.

So I realize this is a bit of a rambling post, i apologize for that. I also realize that Carl has other things in the works that may very well make my concerns moot. So I guess my question to all of you is... What if this goes live? How will you deal with it?

TL:DR Words and stuff!

Thank you

Pendragon.

• Like 6

Right back to the original point of the post.

I understand your frustration but can you self administer a blood bag in real life? can you honestly tell me you can find a suitable vein on yourself? then put a line in successfully?

In real life: Does getting a 1 liter blood transfusion instantly restore you to complete health? How long do blood components remain viable without refrigeration?

I don't think realism is the most important issue here. A bigger issue seems to be that "Community" development seems to be a bit of a clusterfuck at the moment, with little or no public communication going on.

So the current change notes for the Daily Release yes Daily Release. These changes are from the 10th/12 so M1D12 they would be released under ie today's build

• [NEW] - Axes now have a small chance to fail due to them getting blunt 9% Chance. ** Can still be used as weapon **
  • [NEW] - Matches can now run out 9% Chance. (at this time this is a random chance)
  • [NEW] - Knife will now have a chance to go blunt causing it to give less food from gutting animals 9% chance(Blunt), 50% less food(Gutting)
  • [NEW] - Toolbox is now needed to build Wire,beartrap,tanktrap.
  • [NEW] - Etool is now needed to build Sandbags.
  • [NEW] - 4 New types of food models ("FoodmuttonCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodBaconCooked","HIDDEN") Blood given ranges from 200-600.
  • [NEW] - 3 New Raw food models. ("FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodmuttonRaw")
  • [NEW] - Bloodbags now have a random infection chance. (Chance will be based on locations)
  • [NEW] - You can no longer give a bloodbag to the same person in under 10 mins.
  • [NEW] - 6 New items added to loot tables.
  • [REMOVED] - You can no longer regain blood from cooked food for 1 hour after eating. (ie spamming cooked meat to regain hp)
  • [uPDATED] - You can no longer consume food while your not hungry (within 3 mins of eating)
  • [uPDATED] - You can no longer drink while your not thirsty (within 3 mins of drinking)
  • [uPDATED] - Animal Meat reset. 2(Default),4(sheep),4(goat),4(boar),8(cow)
  • [uPDATED] - Much slower spawn rate for zeds compared to previous builds.
  • [FIXED] - Epeen monitor animation should now work correct without the fps drop.
  • [FIXED] - DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch backpack class config. (Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch'.)

The main reason i added this here most of the changes you guys seem to be still bringing up where removed on the 9/10th build.

Pendragon nice post.

• Like 11

Hello there

Thanks for the info. It's always nice to be updated "in forum"

I've skimmed through the preceeding posts and hope that no playstyle is hampered by any changes albeit bandit/survivor/solo/team etc etc.

Although, I am damn sure any change which "breaks" the game for some folk will no doubt generate a fork where the "offending" changes are reversed or indeed would be removed.

I'm not being a fanboi, but I have faith in those pushing the mod forward. If the mod gets to a point I dont enjoy it, I'll simply find a fork or a server that has the requisite changes or runs an older version.

There are no problems, only opportunities.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Thankyou Razor49 for listening to the feedback and not going overboard with the meat nerf and the changes on the whole are perfectly acceptable and my preferred playstyle won't be affected to much!

Just add fishing please!

/cheers :D

And you call yourselves survivors? "Oh no, how are solo player going to survive?!"

For starters if you lost a lot of blood irl, no amount of stuffing food in your gob is gonna change that any time soon. The harsh reality is that a zombie chewing on your arm would likely result in severe blood loss which would take days to regenerate. If you don't die from some awful infection before then of course.

Limiting how often you can eat and how much blood regenerates is a great idea.

I think people should stop whining about how hard the game is and get with apocalypse man! The whole point is to find a way to survive!

• Like 1

And you call yourselves survivors? "Oh no, how are solo player going to survive?!"

For starters if you lost a lot of blood irl, no amount of stuffing food in your gob is gonna change that any time soon. The harsh reality is that a zombie chewing on your arm would likely result in severe blood loss which would take days to regenerate. If you don't die from some awful infection before then of course.

Limiting how often you can eat and how much blood regenerates is a great idea.

I think people should stop whining about how hard the game is and get with apocalypse man! The whole point is to find a way to survive!

Did you post in the wrong thread? There are no posts here complaining that it will be to hard to survive, the posts this thread are complaints regarding the upcoming patch about it being too unblanaced inregards to food vs bloodbags. Which the DEV clearly agreed with and adjusted.

I think that blood bags are quite overpowered, especially if food is getting nerfed.

On the side though, I wouldn't insult people for doing something for free with their own time.

• Like 2

Did you post in the wrong thread? There are no posts here complaining that it will be to hard to survive, the posts this thread are complaints regarding the upcoming patch about it being too unblanaced inregards to food vs bloodbags. Which the DEV clearly agreed with and adjusted.

You're always gonna get people who are so pro and think it's too easy and go on about "harsh reality" and "irl" but funnily enough this is a game and needs some balance and not be too frustrating because funnily enough in the real world I've never broken a leg walking up a stair or going through a doorway but I have in this game and then needed to spend an hour+ looking for meat to regain health again so I can see! the changes are fair and not too severe, again good job Razor49 for listening and look forward to trying the new update soon, wish we had dogs implemented though, this lone wolf wouldn't mine a canine companion, at least you can trust them unlike humans!

Edited by Bandito

One hour is far too long. Preventing meat spam is one thing, but making it all but impossible for single players to heal themselves is another. Just think about this: If you are down to 4000 blood, which is still a third of your overall health, it would take you 10 freakin' hours or 40! cans of food (if they even are excepted from this rule) to heal up again compared to one bloodbag. You might as well just get yourself killed at a secluded place and run up with a new character and that shouldn't be the case. You need to be able to heal yourself, even if you're on your own or no one should be able to heal himself i.e. bloodbags should be removed completely or nerfed to like 2000 health every 10 hours or so.

Edited by Gerudon

One hour is far too long. Preventing meat spam is one thing, but making it all but impossible for single players to heal themselves is another. Just think about this: If you are down to 4000 blood, which is still a third of your overall health, it would take you 10 freakin' hours or 40! cans of food (if they even are excepted from this rule) to heal up again compared to one bloodbag. You might as well just get yourself killed at a secluded place and run up with a new character and that shouldn't be the case. You need to be able to heal yourself, even if you're on your own or no one should be able to heal himself i.e. bloodbags should be removed completely or nerfed to like 2000 health every 10 hours or so.

It's not one hour, the dev listened and it's you can only eat or drink when full every 3 minutes if I read right!

Right back to the original point of the post.

I understand your frustration but can you self administer a blood bag in real life? can you honestly tell me you can find a suitable vein on yourself? then put a line in successfully?

As for failure rates again, I was not aware of this change till now but I assume this is a method of having things breaking and poor skills.

Now as above I get why you may be slightly peeved but then going and attacking R4Z0R's servers running the test build and then coming onto the forum calling him arrogant and f'ing this and f'ing that, do you honestly think that is a constructive method of getting your view across and conducive for change?

Now a better way would have been to be less abusive in the github to voice your opinions then raise it on the forums without personally attacking him, pointing out the pros and cons of such ideas they have put forward and a reasoned argument drawing to a conclusion that these changes are not beneficial for single players and why you think that.

You can give yer self IV's, we used to do it(same army as rocket, a few years earlier) in east timor, be doing patrols in 45+ C with 60+ kilo's on yer back( worst than patrols, would be clearing a village or such in body armor), Its a lot easier to bag yerself before yah unconscious, than have to bag yah mate when hes fitting on the ground... not blood o course(you would die within minutes id imagine, it being in that heat for any time) But saline bags. junkies IV themselves all the time. The trick with trauma kits, is the needles have a catheter, so once yah find the vein, yah push the catheter up it, so even moving around it wont pop through the side and collapse the vein.

Edited by KingOchaos
  • Like 2

It's not one hour, the dev listened and it's you can only eat or drink when full every 3 minutes if I read right!

How I didn't read the [REMOVED] because it is almost the same length as [uPDATED], now that is embarrassing...never mind... :D

Somewhat of a nooby question but can i join a sever for this patch testing? Or it it closed? It seems like a lot of fun and a good challenge!

No, but maybe a little off topic. My own view is that food shouldn't regenerate blood. Improve the blood bag system would be good.

Anybody knows when 1.7.5 is coming out?

Please don't tell me when it's ready.