Dayzo

v175 beta: meat issues [solved] [old]

Just asking but could you, would you be able to give blood from a bloodbag that was just lying on the floor? Would the blood be any good, possibly even harmful?

I wouldn't think so,if it was in a box in a hospital.

"If you cut me, do I not bleed?" Someone famous said that.

Blitz also had a good song called 'Bleed'.

We used to say "bleedin' hell" quite a lot in London when I was a nipper.

Blud is used a lot now by the yout

Hope I'm keeping relevant to the 'discussion'.

Just asking but could you, would you be able to give blood from a bloodbag that was just lying on the floor? Would the blood be any good, possibly even harmful?

would you could you fight 100 zombies ? it is a game it is fiction. it isnt ray mears survival school.

these tweaks are giving the advantage to groups and taking away from singl players.

would you be able to give yourself blood = yes and i cant remember what i seen it on i actually seen it on a program not long ago the guy got a coat hanger put te blood on it and gave himself a transfusion :D

i think the main reason people havent made single player being able to do blood transfusion on themselves is the actual animation not any other decision. it means someone has got to redue this or make totally new so not a simple tweak. this game isnt ever going to be friendly it will get more savage longer its played and hoping people will give you a blood bag as asingle player is bad enough now after this just might aswell die and forge about it.

would really consider this hard as it will piss alot off. not ranting just saying. somethings work and dont need tweaking . the way the food is and so on is fine.

Player 1: Gets wounded, heads to any hospital, gets blood bag... I mean 5-10 blood bags.

Player 2: Ok lets give you a health pack... Ding, done. Good thing we have unlimited health packs, now we can heal instantly another "X" number of times with bag space being the limiting factor.

Player 3: Gets wounded, finds an animal, has to shoot animal(Loud) has to build a fire(really loud) cooks steak, then attempts to heal. Matches go bad, has to look for more matches, then start another fire...... exc

Guys im sorry, but this is bullshit, and yes it pisses in the winds of equality and balance.

^^ This is eloquently put.

Whilst i think some of the food values are a little ill thought out, you cannot nerf the food without nerfing blood at the same time..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobby Darin

And you call yourselves survivors? "Oh no, how are solo player going to survive?!"

For starters if you lost a lot of blood irl, no amount of stuffing food in your gob is gonna change that any time soon. The harsh reality is that a zombie chewing on your arm would likely result in severe blood loss which would take days to regenerate. If you don't die from some awful infection before then of course.

Limiting how often you can eat and how much blood regenerates is a great idea.

I think people should stop whining about how hard the game is and get with apocalypse man! The whole point is to find a way to survive!

Yeah, and in real life you sure as hell wouldn't be picking up and using unrefrigerated blood bags to bring your blood back up. So your point is moot. This is not real life. Maybe you should stop whining about others legitimate posts concerning the imbalance the proposed patch would create.

I'm a lone player and I agree OP, beans for you. They need to support solo players too.

Honestly, it is unrealistic to eat eight pounds of cow in three seconds and be back at full health. I think this will encourage more cooperation and conservative play. The further this game gets from CoD the better it will be for grown up gamers. I understand the concern but I want to give it a try first.

I think there should be changes to communication abilities as well. Imagine finding a two way radio and only being able to communicate with the person you give the second unit to. Or finding hand scanners to listen in on conversations.

Honestly, it is unrealistic to eat eight pounds of cow in three seconds and be back at full health.

Yes; naturally it's unrealistic. But so is a companion applying a blood bag to you, bringing your heath back up to full in that same 3 seconds. The point of the thread wasn't about the aspect of realism. It was about the unbalance of the proposed nerf to meat vs. none to blood bag.

Imagine a lonewolf player encountering a group and a fire fight ensues. If the lone players hits one of the group, that person hit could have a companion "bag" him and he'd be back to full health in seconds... all while in battle.

Now what option does the lone player have if he's hit? He can't restore to full health while in battle. For him to restore his health it's now a drawn-out process.

My suggestion; if food can only be eaten every 3 minutes then make the blood bag restore health in 3 minute increments.

If cans only give 200 and meat gives 800 (max), then average out the blood bag to restore health at 500, every 3 minutes until fully healed. That would seem completely fair.

Blood Bag

advantage: only one slot and can fully restore health

disadvantage: has to be administered by another person

Meat

advantage: can be used by lone players

disadvantage: takes up many slots

But both use the same time increments to keep balance.

Edited by OFC_Bill

No, you don´t fucking get it. So it has Rocket´s approval means it is ok to fuck with the game to such an extent that it takes all the fun out of it? Really? Another ass kisser....sigh

Haha I was waiting for this. Wa wa wa...(temper tantrum), Your epic conlusion to the rant: NO YOU! (Beans for you, I laughed pretty hard and the best things in life are free)

Lets address what you said and why you still don't get it.

Rocket´s nod of approval - Rocket paraphrase, "The game was never intended to be fun". The mission statement, "fun was not a factor in the development of dayz. Fun is not dayz. Survival isn't fun. The random breaking might not be the best way to implement deeper survival mechanics but its a start! I will relish the challenge despite its slightly arbitrary nature.

It is a fantasy game - You have the wrong genre buddy.

No reason on earth to remove L85aws - I partially agree with this. They need to add it with battries that run out so its a little balanced. I used an L85...it wasn't that great for a solo player. It just pushes sniping teams, which i am also fine with. edit- considering your name is "sniperteam" i can see why you might be a little raw about this

No reason on earth to remove debug window (am I not entitled to know how much blood I have and zombies killed without having to hit i?) No you are not "entiltled" to know how much blood you have. Ohh dear me thats a fun statement, once again, You aren't entilted to anything. Look at a wall, then look to the top right corner of the room. Is there a monitor displaying your vital stats? I didn't think so. Taking away health menus and stats lends itself to the DayZ experience. You use memerory of prior battles or use visual clues to dermine your health. When in doubt over-eat or transfuse so you don't get knocked out when you dip bellow 9000. As for the zombie kill count Pree I for all of the 1 second it takes (I would support a player journal that notes down zombie kills, something that can be looted perhaps)

at least ONE superweapon Wow...does not even need addressing if you cannot comprehend how a SUPERWEAPON does not fit the ethos of a surival game grounded in reality

You'll hit china soon if you keep this up...OHhh shizam!

Edited by Trizzo

Haha I was waiting for this. Wa wa wa...(temper tantrum), Your epic conlusion to the rant: NO YOU! (Beans for you, I laughed pretty hard and the best things in life are free)

Lets address what you said and why you still don't get it.

Rocket´s nod of approval - Rocket paraphrase, "The game was never intended to be fun". The mission statement, "fun was not a factor in the development of dayz. Fun is not dayz. Survival isn't fun. The random breaking might not be the best way to implement deeper survival mechanics but its a start! I will relish the challenge despite its slightly arbitrary nature.

It is a fantasy game - You have the wrong genre buddy.

No reason on earth to remove L85aws - I partially agree with this. They need to add it with battries that run out so its a little balanced. I used an L85...it wasn't that great for a solo player. It just pushes sniping teams, which i am also fine with. edit- considering your name is "sniperteam" i can see why you might be a little raw about this

No reason on earth to remove debug window (am I not entitled to know how much blood I have and zombies killed without having to hit i?) No you are not "entiltled" to know how much blood you have. Ohh dear me thats a fun statement, once again, You aren't entilted to anything. Look at a wall, then look to the top right corner of the room. Is there a monitor displaying your vital stats? I didn't think so. Taking away health menus and stats lends itself to the DayZ experience. You use memerory of prior battles or use visual clues to dermine your health. When in doubt over-eat or transfuse so you don't get knocked out when you dip bellow 9000. As for the zombie kill count Pree I for all of the 1 second it takes (I would support a player journal that notes down zombie kills, something that can be looted perhaps)

at least ONE superweapon Wow...does not even need addressing if you cannot comprehend how a SUPERWEAPON does not fit the ethos of a surival game grounded in reality

You'll hit china soon if you keep this up...OHhh shizam!

There such a thing as a simulator, and then there is too much realism. Too much realism does not make a game fun, as several folks will find out. Sure, this is supposed to be realistic, but this is a zombie game. There is no realism in zombies. Having that feeling that you're just playing a game is what makes DayZ fun.

• Like 1

Too much realism does not make a game fun,

... for some people.

Unfortunately, there has never been one single game which has, or ever will, please 100% of it's players.

TBH I would like the "Instantly healing" removed from both food, and blood... Instead:

Blood regeneration-

Hungry = 0 regen

Normal = 50 regen per/min

Well Fed = 100 regen per/min

Blood bag = 3000 Blood, given over 1min

Maybe blood bags could be given to yourself, but It would take more then 1 bag, to fully heal.

Personal I prefer if blood bags cannot be given to yourself, Because it makes food useless.

• Like 2

i agree that the single players are rather as u say "fucked" with the new updates

but i dont see it useful to go to the point of calling devs idiots and so on

adapt, find people

other argument is that this will hopefully prevent people from KOSing as much

I have another solution - I kill more players, because I get their beanZ, their matches and so on.

If that is what intended to be - I am ok with it. If the devs like the KoS mentality, they support it with this kind of changing the game.

I think they did not thought about these changes. If I am not able to heal myself up or to get enough to eat, I will take what I need. And a fresh spawn without weapons has mostly some beanz with him. Why the heck should I talk to him? I need healing and the easymode way is to put a bullet in his head, take the food, heal up. If it is not enough, I get another player......and it goes on and on....

• Like 3

If what people are claiming about you introducing these new features to detur KoS, then i say who the hell are you to dictate to use how we should play the game? Sand box games allow for us the players to decide on how we play the game. Trying to force us in your direction is not the direction most want..

Looks to me that someone has Been on the receiving End of a rifle to many times, or someone spends to much time on the reddit carebear dayz forums.

Games are meant to be fun. People don't want to spend hours (over time) hiding in a forest shooting cattle, cooking it, eating one piece of meat,gaining 300 blood (yay) then waiting another 5 minutes just for a chance of 1-800 blood.

I have another solution - I kill more players, because I get their beanZ, their matches and so on.

If that is what intended to be - I am ok with it. If the devs like the KoS mentality, they support it with this kind of changing the game.

I think they did not thought about these changes. If I am not able to heal myself up or to get enough to eat, I will take what I need. And a fresh spawn without weapons has mostly some beanz with him. Why the heck should I talk to him? I need healing and the easymode way is to put a bullet in his head, take the food, heal up. If it is not enough, I get another player......and it goes on and on....

And then get shot in the head for hunting some poor soul that has nothing but an Enfield and a can of beans. By me. With an M24 900 meters out.

And then get shot in the head for hunting some poor soul that has nothing but an Enfield and a can of beans. By me. With an M24 900 meters out.

Looks like you've failed to comprehend the point Draxx was trying to make.

• Like 2

Looks like you've failed to comprehend the point Draxx was trying to make.

I understood it completely. I just disagree with the method.

So, what's the best version to download for solo, offline play, to date? And where can I grab it?

The online mode has become crap, so if you tell me there's no more offline mode I can just find it someplace else. And that's fine. We both know it exists, and I have no interest in feeding into a mod that I never enjoyed online anyways. The continuing changes just push me further away, so I'm only interested in offline mode.

So, what's the best version to download for solo, offline play, to date? And where can I grab it?

The online mode has become crap, so if you tell me there's no more offline mode I can just find it someplace else. And that's fine. We both know it exists, and I have no interest in feeding into a mod that I never enjoyed online anyways. The continuing changes just push me further away, so I'm only interested in offline mode.

The devs frown on the offline mode, so I won't post any links. For help, send a p.m. to Stapo.

To be honest I do not like these changes under the guise of making the game "Harder"

It really sounds like for many players it won't be worth it to do much after a certain amount of damage.

If you have basically forced players with healing items to prefer to restart that is frankly not helpful. The idea should be that there is a point to exploring and finding stuff.

Not that it will really matter after Standalone anyway.

• Like 1