Dayzo

v175 beta: meat issues [solved] [old]

This system only got added yesterday to the dev builds busy dealing with comments/ideas and stuff like this not to mention the new issue we have been faced with doing models, textures, rvmats just for the new food :-) Thats just in the past 2 dayz so yea add work family :-) and you get more time needed :-)

Sorry the question was, When you guys do get more time do you plan on changing blood bags in a similar way.

And thanks for taking time to feed us back.

I'd like to see a failure rate for blood bags, with a cool down attached regardless, say 1 hour before another can be used and they should never be able to totally refill blood, ever, make them more rare (I'm repeating myself, I know). I like the changes so far, but the playing field needs an even spread, I agree, surviving alone should be difficult and challenging, but so should being grouped with others.

Sorry the question was, When you guys do get more time do you plan on changing blood bags in a similar way.

And thanks for taking time to feed us back.

Yes we do

I'd like to see a failure rate for blood bags, with a cool down attached regardless, say 1 hour before another can be used and they should never be able to totally refill blood, ever, make them more rare (I'm repeating myself, I know). I like the changes so far, but the playing field needs an even spread, I agree, surviving alone should be difficult and challenging, but so should being grouped with others.

Nice idea Thanks

• Like 2

Changes sound good to me, the whole blood/food game is way too easy currently. Not to mention unrealistic and silly. Being shot, losing half your blood and then being back to 100% in a matter of minutes(with no preparation) was always a really disappointing part of DayZ to me. You really only need a hunting knife(one of the most common items in the game) if you know where fire barrels are located.

I'm not saying groups should have it easy, and individuals have it impossible. But, groups should have some benefits to encourage people to approach others and group up. Lone wolfing should be doable, but extremely difficult and annoying, like it would be in a real apocalypse.(Especially when dealing with medical problems)

I always found the option to chow down 8 steaks in a row to get blood back quite silly. having a full meter sounds like an idea in the right direction.

Sure it makes it harder for us lone wolves but hey....that's the apocalypse.

Standalone is coming soon, don't fret. As for the changes, I agree completely but don't act rude, this makes your opinion look invalid and others will be ignorant to your points. Be nice and you will be heard.

• Like 2

Its clear, and most have agreed, the rudeness is a little excessive. So unless people are finding the need to insert their noses into the ass locker, then its been said.... in quantity. I have enjoyed so many of the comments in regards to the latest adaptations of the Mod, but some of you seem to have backed off the cause, or reasoning behind the frustrations. My stand on this has not changed, I do not appreciate nerfing the Lone Wolf play style with out some kind of balance toward the group play. How long will it be, before a patch comes out, that balances this issue? As much as I understand, and appreciate the teams volunteering their time, this should not have been implemented with out the counter balance. Ben has stated his opinion, that this will in no way circumvent of reverse the KoS mentality. If anything, it will make that pause one might have, to be overlooked due to the chance of being wounded in a quick battle. One of the most critical mistakes, that game developers do, is to frustrate a player. Immersion/Difficulty is not the same as "Wow, this is bullshit".

Player 1: Gets wounded, heads to any hospital, gets blood bag... I mean 5-10 blood bags.

Player 2: Ok lets give you a health pack... Ding, done. Good thing we have unlimited health packs, now we can heal instantly another "X" number of times with bag space being the limiting factor.

Player 3: Gets wounded, finds an animal, has to shoot animal(Loud) has to build a fire(really loud) cooks steak, then attempts to heal. Matches go bad, has to look for more matches, then start another fire...... exc

Guys im sorry, but this is bullshit, and yes it pisses in the winds of equality and balance. To all the guys that are lucky enough to have a friend medic, or even good people to play with, I envy you now.

• Like 2

I think making it so you can't instant blood bag would be a good idea, maybe making someone have to wait 5 to 10 minutes, that way they can't just do it in the middle of a fight, they either need to retreat or find a safe location and get someone to try and cover them. Something as simple as that, would change the mechanics of it pretty heavily in the PVP aspect.

• Like 1

Hour delay per blood bag, increase time to transfuse. Balance achieved.

Not to mention the players will now camp hospitals more to not only meet other players to get blood, but also because more people will flock to them for bloodbags. So the 'walk in and fill up on blood bags with ease' might not be the case after this is implemented.

Now for the guys asking why we haven't fixed this yet its pretty easy.

These changes started on the 10th of this month with build M1D10.

We took all feedback given from the 10th and edited the system for build M1D11 (Yesterday).

brings us to today M1D12 My time 6:20 AM :-).

Patience.

• Like 2

Right back to the original point of the post.

I understand your frustration but can you self administer a blood bag in real life? can you honestly tell me you can find a suitable vein on yourself? then put a line in successfully?

As for failure rates again, I was not aware of this change till now but I assume this is a method of having things breaking and poor skills.

Now as above I get why you may be slightly peeved but then going and attacking R4Z0R's servers running the test build and then coming onto the forum calling him arrogant and f'ing this and f'ing that, do you honestly think that is a constructive method of getting your view across and conducive for change?

Now a better way would have been to be less abusive in the github to voice your opinions then raise it on the forums without personally attacking him, pointing out the pros and cons of such ideas they have put forward and a reasoned argument drawing to a conclusion that these changes are not beneficial for single players and why you think that.

• Like 7

Just make blood transfusion to actually transfer some amount of blood from one player to another with 1:1 ratio.

Introducing high failure rate will just make teams bring more blood packs with them, nothing will change really. Cooldown is a nice idea, but it seems quite far-fetched. It's not an MMORPG anyway.

Edited by KizUrazgubi
  • Like 1

The fuck? Random chance to go "blunt"? Fuck realism, or what?

The 99.9% of the players would highly appreciate some important bug fixes instead of these questionable modifications.

While I'm thankful for their efforts I'm astonished to see how the dev team isn't aware of the negative consequences on the gameplay that food delay time will have. I don't really see the purpose of that, as it doesn't hit a abused glitch in the game and adds only frustration.

ps: I registered just for this post. I hope that you devs know how only a very small portion of gamers, unrepresentative by definition, follow and comment on this forum. I really hope you'll take some time to test it out before introducing these changes.

• Like 1

To answer the posts about why I was angry and rude, it's because on Github, Carl (R4Z0R49) totally dismissed the issue, not even recognising the unfairness of it, or the fact that the latest beta basically breaks the game for single players when competing against pairs/teams.

I had played this particular beta for several hours and was giving my feedback on it, and basically R4Z0R49 was saying 'f**k you, I don't want your opinion'. In fact, his attitude on Github was that blood bags are harder to use than meat, which is an incredible statement from someone who is deciding the direction and fate of this game. He said nothing about the intention to change the way blood bags worked either, except maybe to prevent them being used when your combat icon is flashing.

I've been testing these betas everyday for many weeks through some really shitty, buggy, broken builds, which has sacrificed my own enjoyment of the game because I could have been playing on the stable v1744 or some other DayZ mod. In fact, in one recent thread I was actually defending the devs with regard to the issue of displaying crash-sites on the map, suggesting that people should test it first before coming to a judgement, rather than simply relying on on the description in the changelog. So I can understand how the devs can't fully predict how the changes are going to affect gameplay, but to totally dismiss feedback and not even recognise an issue that should be right in front of your face is inexplicable.

Of course, I've cooled down today and apologise for the expletives and personal attack. But I stand by my feedback from yesterday - I am not going to test builds where I have to spend an hour trying to get my health back every time I get injured, when other players can just blood bag each other in seconds and get on with whatever 'mission' they're on. That is a broken game.

• Like 2

R4ZOR49, have you ever thought about including a real blood transfusion (e.g. you lose as much blood as you give to someone else) that is always available, and decrease the amount of blood bags give to something realistic like 2400? With a 5-Minute timer as well? This would introduce some more fairness, as well as being able to give yourself a bloodbag (which is possible in real life).

About the knife / hatchet / matches thing, I have to say I don't really like the change, as its unrealistic. We would at least need to be able to see immediately after picking up if the item is bad. In reality you can pick up a knife or a hatchet and see yes, its not sharp before trying it on some animal.

The same goes for the matches. You pick up wet matches and they are still wet after 2 days of walking around with them? There should be some 5-hour timer or so in which the matches will become normal again.

Currently, you are nerfing single players a lot, so I'd try to introduce some hit to the blood bags at least at the same time you release the new patch.

• Like 2

Well if you really want the realism, there are different blood types, and you can't really fix your buddy's gunshot wound with just a blood transfusion in a field, and, and, and...

Stop talking the realism crap, it's endless, you have to stop at some point. And also pointless, unless you want to make a ER sim instead of hardcore survival game.

But making the blood transfer 1:1 does seem like the possible solution, yes. I don't see anything wrong with that, at least.

Edited by KizUrazgubi
  • Like 1

Right back to the original point of the post.

I understand your frustration but can you self administer a blood bag in real life? can you honestly tell me you can find a suitable vein on yourself? then put a line in successfully?

As for failure rates again, I was not aware of this change till now but I assume this is a method of having things breaking and poor skills.

I'm sure I could more easily figure it out over flying a UH-1H. Self administering a blood bag via an IV drip, specific location or taking a player out of the game to self administer (whilst not in combat) for a short period of time would be fair. Other idle thoughts include making blood bags rarer and increasing the humanity for transfusions.

As for the random breaking I support the notion of breakage and failure. If randomness is the precursor to more coherent and realisitic system (based on degradation over time/usage) I support it to the fullness.

Even as it stands this randomness will give a solo player something more to do. Never being safe, taking spare knives/matches in bags/antibiotics fore increased infection via zombie hits...it's a good start despite the naysayers.

Edited by Trizzo

There doing this for the pure good and they can do what they want you dont like it start a private server up and play alone

There doing this for the pure good and they can do what they want

You're absolutely right - they are doing whatever they want (and they seem to have a very strange set of priorities sometimes). But on Github, they ask for feedback and bug reporting, and I guess I got angry yesterday when it transpired that this request appears to be not very sincere. Why don't you spend dozens of hours of your time testing the bug-ridden builds for them and then come back to tell us that you feel fine about it when your feedback is dismissed and obvious issues aren't even acknowledged?

I'm not going to apologise for being angry, although I did already apologise for the wording of my post.

Oh, thats cool, moderator deleted my post. I still do not apologize. R4Z0R49 F''ked up the whole singleplaying. And partly also co-op playing. This change gets us no-where and it just fks up the singleplaying. Go ahead moderator, silence me again, wont you?! Like you did last time?!?!?!?

Moderator Notice: Your post was removed because it was abusive. If you can't get your point across without resorting to name calling, you probably shouldn't take part in the conversation. -SmashT
Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

If it's unrealistic to chug down 8 steaks in a row, then yeah put a timer of 3-5 minutes in between each steak. I'm sure if you were starving and running all day you could eat 3 steaks easily.

As for the matches, randomly getting wet sounds kinda lame. Much better to have 10 or 20 strikes and then the matchbox is empty.

If the game is currently too easy to survive, the solution is not to suddenly make it stupidly hard to survive. Change should come in steps IMO

• Like 3

There doing this for the pure good and they can do what they want you dont like it start a private server up and play alone

Leaving a game to create your own hive and not giving your feedback and opinions about the development of a game when the devs are asking for it is probably the worst thing you could do for the devs, the game and for yourself.

• Like 2

Just as much chance as doing it to someone else... probably more.

Also blunt axes should do just as much damage as sharp ones when used on people/zombies. I can see not being able to chop wood.

there should be no instant blood fixes. there should be a constant slow blood gain, blood bags should double or triple it. being fed maybe 1.5. being sick should stop it.

Edited by orphanstephen
  • Like 2