rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

nope this is 100% true' date=' this game was fun, only reason i bought 2 copys (one for me other for little brother) was because my friends from college were playing it plus my little bro had friends, there was 10 of us in total playing this game, now we stopped because of this patch. [/quote']

Well, you voiced your concerns. Either it gets adjusted to your wants, or it doesn't.

you don't get around much, because when you spawn and instantly get shot by people running the shore line. it gets old quick.

I never had this happen. And I rotate servers a lot. I think beach camping is a myth.

and searching towns and finding no weapons. and get 20+ zombies after you with no way to defend but run. gets old.

Crouchrun works like before now, according to the patch notes. So crouchrun, crouchwalk, pronerun, pronewalk, pick the appropriate movement variant to get to the loot.

so like i said this guy has our money and releases this patch because its the way he ment it to be played. well you dont make games or a product for you, you make it for the consumer.

It's a mod he made in his free time. It's a free mod. You buying ArmA 2 for it might be your way of getting to it, but he doesn't get money for that. He doesn't get a cut of the sales or anything. He's an employee with a salary at Bohemia. And the mod is not Bohemia's product. You need to differentiate there.

Plus, you had fun so far, right? Like, hours upon hours of fun? With your buddies and shit? So I don't see why you're freaking out about it.

so im gonna check in this week and come friday if its not reasonable again. then im deleting the game. i dont expect any of you to care. but this is my reasoning

That sounds like a good way of going about it. Wait it out, if you hate it still, then it's probably not going in a direction you would enjoy. It's like with AMC shows or whatever, you know. You get the subscription and then Walking Dead gets worse and worse, but you still have that subscription. Along those lines, like you could watch Mad Men instead on AMC, you could play another mod, or even the normal game, of ArmA. Because it's a terrific milsim. It really is!

Im going to have to uninstal this because its become more of a frustration then actually having fun which is what games are meant for.

Either backpatch to 1.7.0 or don't play anymore. Myself and a ton of friends are staying at 1.7.0' date=' some are currently going back to 1.7.0, and a growing number are quitting unless the next patch reverts that stupid respawn gear bullshit that was in this patch...or melee is added.

Lol @ taking away startup guns to add to "realism" when we can't even throw punches to defend ourselves from ZOMBIES that hit harder than a train even though their bodies should be in the late stages of decomposition which is not the same as being on PCP. What an awful decision for a game developer to make.

[/quote']

It's in Alpha, now STFU you dumb fuck.

Yeah, I'm finding like NO loot now

Even at the NW Airfield.

I spawned in Vybor, and checked all the houses/school/store, and no loot. After which, I started heading up to the NW Airfield. Stopped off at 2 barns along the way, both of which had zombies, but only found some firewood and a crossbow.

Reached the NW Airfield and all the hangars were empty, barracks had a couple of chemlights and tin cans, firehouse was empty, control tower was empty... and that's as far as I got before giving up.

I just wanted to say this, I dont mind not spawning with a gun. Sure its makes the game more fun and challenging. The reason for the no gun was to add in a more dynamic sense of realism to the game? Then why not add features such as punch and kick and pick up rocks and piece of wood n axes n knives n use them as weapons....just sayin.

the hotfix almost killed me....

earlier today when I logged off, I was in some trees, my health was at 11k. I got back on the PC, see that another update has been released, so I get it & log on just to make sure all is installed correctly but not to play as I'm about to go to bed.

The server I got on was running the latest patch, it's dark & raining, the moment I spawn in my character falls prone, I have a broken bone & I'm bleeding out so fast that before I can apply the bandage my blood goes all the way down to 3k, my heart beat is so strong that it's shaking the screen & I logged off after taking a morphine for the broken bone...

I never moved, there was no one or Z's around.... what the heck is going on!

Having played for awhile I've made these observations

Flashlights are bugged, after awhile they stop responding to toggling. I tried switching bindings and dropping and requiping but no help. Also food and drink seem to be pretty scarce now, or I'm just having bad luck finding any.

Also the zombies that spawn inside spawn in big packs from 2-8, and are stuck in the floor. Making it easy to get around them but obviously a bug.

One thing I would like to thank though is finally no one just shoots eachother when they start, ran into three different people and every one of them were friendly, though obviously asking for weapons. I'm keeping this grenade I found nice and tight to me....

I know this isn't an issue that really needs to be focused on, but I don't have a chance to select the gender before my character is actually loaded. I get the option to select the gender while at the point where I'm already in the game.

I've selected female many times, I've selected female and disconnected and reconnected thinking it might change. I've also tried several servers yet by the time I get a chance to select it my character has already spawned. Anyone else having this trouble?

I haven't noticed any change with the hotfix. If there wasn't such a big fuss about the hotfix I wouldn't have even noticed. A few examples:

1) Skirting around town, I accidentally step between grass in a narrow patch of gravel while crouch-walking. LOL 4 VISIBILITY I TROLL U. 3 zeds that were 90-120 yards out all lock onto me instantly and take my weaponless ass to the curb (the only place to break LOS was further in town, with 5 visibility while sprinting, you can guess how that would go).

2) With to the air control tower in the Southern airstrip. Only more random mags and non-necessary supplies scattered around. It's been 9 hours since I've fired a weapon while playing this game and I'm getting fed up. Some random survivor comes sprinting to the top from the stairs and hides in the corner without saying a word. I figure anything chasing him would stop due to line of sight, if he's hiding up here how would the zeds know to navigate 2 flights of stairs to check up here?

Cue conga line of zeds into top of the tower. That idiot gets me killed after I had to crawl my ass over to the tower in prone for nearly 15 minutes to avoid random aggro from town (best visibility I could get was 3 while crouch walking, way too risky with foliage covering possible zeds all around me, I had died earlier with 3 bars when a Zed hidden a bush nearly 40 yards away popped out with aggro on me).

3) Spawn, take 5 steps, Zed sees me, ADIOS

4) Spawn on Elektro docks, my browser map says a nearby shed has possible loot in it. I look over and only see 1 prone Zed crawling down the docks. I get closer, behind the shed and I go from prone to crouch. I see a Zed come running OUT of the shed and make a b-line for me. I slide down the cliff to break LOS. By the time I climb back up I see my previous Zed and THREE MORE pouring out of the previously empty shed. I take forever to slowly slide around prone until I get past them all and into the side, but there's a lip on the door so I have to crouch-walk to get in. As soon as I raise myself up and step in a FIFTH zed is standing right in middle of the room, dead silent, that was until he turned around and started mauling my face.

5) See another survivor. He helps me out, notice that he is pretty well armed and NEVER stops sprinting. I ask how he got such nice weapons when he seems to aggro everything on our screen, he says he has a huge stash of weapons hidden away and that he or his friends can get hooked up if they ever die. He proceeds to sprint through a field and blow away anything that sees him, he makes more progress just by sprinting through the map and shooting anything that's on him while he loots than I do by "following the rules" and laying low. He kills more zeds by playing COWWADOOTY RUN N SHOOT in 30 seconds than I have by trying to play stealthily for the past 9 hours.

TL;DR I hate the patch and can't tell if the hotfix actually FIXED anything. Still haven't seen a damn Makarov or found my own weapon yet.

Hotfix has returned the game to a manageable state-- evading zombies is much more predictable.

Been able to loot and survive... barely... but at least I can resume hunting zombies (which is actually a good source for food and water now, provided you have the ammo for it.)

I feel like I can once again settle into the game and pay attention for bugs/issues.

I know this isn't an issue that really needs to be focused on' date=' but I don't have a chance to select the gender before my character is actually loaded. I get the option to select the gender while at the point where I'm already in the game.

I've selected female many times, I've selected female and disconnected and reconnected thinking it might change. I've also tried several servers yet by the time I get a chance to select it my character has already spawned. Anyone else having this trouble?

[/quote']

I always select male. So I haven't tried what your describing, but I do get the selection option after spawn:

cpfmhjx

Why is everyone discussing such trivial bugs? I see dozens and dozens of people spawning in the middle of nowhere, miles from the actual playable area. Every server i've logged into has spawned me in a forest and when I make my way to any city, theres arent any zeds and theres no loot. This mod worked perfectly last night, I bought arma simply for this and it was well worth every penny, and now my second day of playing the game is fucked.

Seems you left on markers for players and Zeds. Every zed ( white ) and player ( green ) are now wall hack-enabled.

Why is everyone discussing such trivial bugs? I see dozens and dozens of people spawning in the middle of nowhere' date=' miles from the actual playable area. Every server i've logged into has spawned me in a forest and when I make my way to any city, theres arent any zeds and theres no loot. This mod worked perfectly last night, I bought arma simply for this and it was well worth every penny, and now my second day of playing the game is fucked.

[/quote']

Just downgrade back to 1.7.1

That's what I did, and everything is back to normal loot wise

Im going to have to uninstal this because its become more of a frustration then actually having fun which is what games are meant for.

Either backpatch to 1.7.0 or don't play anymore. Myself and a ton of friends are staying at 1.7.0' date=' some are currently going back to 1.7.0, and a growing number are quitting unless the next patch reverts that stupid respawn gear bullshit that was in this patch...or melee is added.

Lol @ taking away startup guns to add to "realism" when we can't even throw punches to defend ourselves from ZOMBIES that hit harder than a train even though their bodies should be in the late stages of decomposition which is not the same as being on PCP. What an awful decision for a game developer to make.

[/quote']

It's in Alpha, now STFU you dumb fuck.

Ah, there it is. The typical butthurt and nerdrage from a rocket-leg-humper. You're also new around the forum from the looks of it, poor lil fella.

I know this isn't an issue that really needs to be focused on' date=' but I don't have a chance to select the gender before my character is actually loaded. I get the option to select the gender while at the point where I'm already in the game.

[/quote']

I always select male. So I haven't tried what your describing, but I do get the selection option after spawn:

Everything I attempt I end up stuck with a male character. I've tried clicking the button and navigating with the arrows keys, hoping it'd work but it doesn't.

I still don't understand how you draw so much aggro. :) I have been spending the night in Zele and Cherno without being spotted by ONE zombie. Except one I shot to see the new animations. How hard can it be? :P

As far as I'm concerned it's great how it is right now. Played with my brother and he said spawning defenseless was awesome, because it gave you early goals to find medical supplies and ways to defend yourself. Deal with it. :)

so far we spent 25m trying to find food and no luck. dunno if we unlucky or the food rate is nerf

This mod worked perfectly last night' date=' I bought arma simply for this and it was well worth every penny, and now my second day of playing the game is fucked.

[/quote']

Isn't it obvious they don't care about your experience? It's called customer service, or rather a lack thereof. If they cared much, they would have tested the patch before ruining the game and many thousands of people's game on Sunday. Remember since they call it 'alpha' that means they have zero responsibility and can remove the game completely from existence and their enraged customers don't matter at all. You are all carebears for wanting to play a working game. Note how I'm talking like a sadist here. Yes, you are being sadistically abused, as customers. Get used to it.

The customer is immediately wrong as soon as we use the word 'alpha'. As soon as we use that word, it invalidates any disagreement you have. Someone might respond to this post in disagreement. To you I say ALPHA! ALPHA! That immediately makes you wrong and me right. Alpha!

This mod worked perfectly last night' date=' I bought arma simply for this and it was well worth every penny, and now my second day of playing the game is fucked.

[/quote']

Isn't it obvious they don't care about your experience? It's called customer service, or rather a lack thereof. If they cared much, they would have tested the patch before ruining the game and many thousands of people's game on Sunday. Remember since they call it 'alpha' that means they have zero responsibility and can remove the game completely from existence and their enraged customers don't matter at all. You are all carebears for wanting to play a working game. Note how I'm talking like a sadist here. Yes, you are being sadistically abused, as customers. Get used to it.

The customer is immediately wrong as soon as we use the word 'alpha'. As soon as we use that word, it invalidates any disagreement you have. Someone might respond to this post in disagreement. To you I say ALPHA! ALPHA! That immediately makes you wrong and me right. Alpha!

Explain to me how the hell we are "customers"?

1. Searched the whole of Vybor twice and didn't find any food or water (did get water from well), but did find a huge amount of maps (3 in one building), wood piles (5 in office building) and empty cans.

2. There are even less zombies than 1.7.0

3. Groups of zombies spawn in the bigger houses and barns all inside each other and are spawning on the ground/earth not the floor of the building.

4. Not sure if its been reverted back to 1.7.0 but I seem to be quieter and harder to see now than in 1.7.0, cant be sure though.

5. Heart beat thing still in 1.7.1? couldn't test without possibly being shot, if so its a unrealistic and gameplay wise its heavily unbalanced.... should be pretty obvious to a game developer

[/quote']

You must be one of the most dense people in the forum. You are NOT the customer you are a TESTER, pull your head out of your ass!

You must be one of the most dense people in the forum. You are NOT the customer you are a TESTER' date=' pull your head out of your ass!

[/quote']

ALPHA!! I'm right because I invoke the holy word! Alpha!

You must be one of the most dense people in the forum. You are NOT the customer you are a TESTER' date=' pull your head out of your ass!

[/quote']

ALPHA!! I'm right because I invoke the holy word! Alpha!

Please leave so the rest of us can make it easier for Rocket to develop this game