rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Does this fix ... being invisible in 3DP?

3DP is being removed anyway' date=' so this bug will resolve itself.

[/quote']

There's a reason why 1st person only servers are not full all the time: preference. People like 3rd person view and so they try to join (even veteran) servers with this feature enabled. If people like it, there is no reason to remove it.

inb4 thees is a harcore gamez not for CoD noobz, etc, etc, bullshit.

People play 3DP because its safer and theyre far too attached to their items. No one has ever given any other reason why they play in 3DP other than "I can see around corners and over walls"

Remove 3DP.

Ive seen plenty of reasons beyong looking over walls etc. For instance even with head bob slider all the way down it is still disorienting for people with visual acuity issues.

If we didnt have iron sights at the touch of a button, or 3rd to 1st person view at the touch of a button I might see it as an issue but for now having a choice means more people playing the game.

Thanks for the update.. few things with loot though. Might just be me.

- I've found literally 0 food or water in my last 20 mins scouting the entire city of Chen

- Found 5-6 watches

- One pair of camo clothes and a makarov.

- Fire station completely empty (not sure if this is how it is after a server restart)

I can confirm this, been to three 1.7.1.1 servers and very little loot spawning. Same, mostly watches, one makarov and cans.

Torch is as good as useless indoors for searching - possibly due to the arma2 beta patch?

There is no reflected light so all you get is a small polo sized circle of light that often disappears when you shine toward the floor the closer to your feet.

Unsure if this can be fixed unless somehow the chemlight "shine" can be blended.

On the plus you can dodge zeds at night even to the point of (almost) being safe in the same room and why not, if you can't see them they bleeping well shouldn't be able to zone in on you (which i found was possible in 1.7.1.

Conclusion - almost there :P

*update*

...but the fekkers are still master locksmiths - opening doors surely is a higher brain function?

little reminder to zeds - you're a fricken zombie! act like 1! :)

I don't know if it's me or the 1.7.1.1 update, but I'm getting random artifacts in the screen. Kinda like these 3D artifacts that comes from an object and they have "planes" extending everywhere on the screen.

It's the first time I get this tho, since 1.7.1.1.

- I've found literally 0 food or water in my last 20 mins scouting the entire city of Chen

- Found 5-6 watches

- Fire station completely empty (not sure if this is how it is after a server restart)

I also could not find water or food in 3 villages on 2 different servers!

Does this fix ... being invisible in 3DP?

[/quote']

There's a reason why 1st person only servers are not full all the time: preference. People like 3rd person view and so they try to join (even veteran) servers with this feature enabled. If people like it, there is no reason to remove it.

People play 3DP because its safer and theyre far too attached to their items. No one has ever given any other reason why they play in 3DP other than "I can see around corners and over walls"

Remove 3DP.

Ive seen plenty of reasons beyong looking over walls etc. For instance even with head bob slider all the way down it is still disorienting for people with visual acuity issues.

If we didnt have iron sights at the touch of a button, or 3rd to 1st person view at the touch of a button I might see it as an issue but for now having a choice means more people playing the game.

Even so the majority of servers should have third person turned off. Some people having some rare issues is not argument enough to keep it on every server. My opinion only though, since it's borderline cheating for me to use third person. :)

- Found 5-6 watches

I can confirm this' date=' been to three 1.7.1.1 servers and very little loot spawning. Same, mostly watches, one makarov and cans.

[/quote']

I can confirm this as well. Did a complete scour of Berenzino, same story; just some watches some cans, and some makarovs.

[/quote']

Remove 3DP.

I play In 3rd person View because The Frikkin First person Head Bob Makes me Sea sick, Its one thing when your RUN RL and your head moves, its another when its a screen shaking for 1hrs of travel time with your eyes fixated on a screen...

As long theres crazy head bobing, i wont force myself to Run in First person

You can turn off headbob, it's in the options. When I first loaded Arma 2/Day Z I ran for literally 1 second before stopping to turn it off.

Still bobing a little when you run, which I can't really handle.

Killed a bandit with a M240... Put the M240 in my backpack, and took his night vision goggles/GPS/Range Finder in my bag to give to a team mate... Server suddenly restarted meaning which means that Instead of a M240 I get a DMR? (Which was already equipped), and the NVG's... This is unusual as other items I looted saved? Is this perhaps a new problem with the database?

Furthermore, there seems to be a strange glitch where you go prone and Run and then prone? I managed to do the superman off a roof which resulted in imminent death and the loss of previously procured items.

You've done well Rocket, but with the new increase of difficulty, the loss of weaponry from Bag glitches and the 'Accidental' Deaths which seem to get me killed a lot of the times have had me fuming a few times... =3

I don't know if it's me or the 1.7.1.1 update' date=' but I'm getting random artifacts in the screen. Kinda like these 3D artifacts that comes from an object and they have "planes" extending everywhere on the screen.

[/quote']

That sounds awfully like graphic card malfunction. :(

Very fast rollout of hotfix, kudos.

If you had a wife I dare say it won't be for much longer thanks to your affair with DayZ.

That was fast. Great fixes and thanks for the gender thing.

I don't know if it's me or the 1.7.1.1 update' date=' but I'm getting random artifacts in the screen. Kinda like these 3D artifacts that comes from an object and they have "planes" extending everywhere on the screen.

[/quote']

That sounds awfully like graphic card malfunction. :(

yep, i had the same artefacts on my screen mostly in cherno. now my graphic card is dead and i am stuck with an old gf7300gt @ 11fps with the lowest settings...

Quick fix as usual, good job.

Beginning a new character is def something else now. Love watching two people without weapons meet and act like each other are threat. Kind of funny.

nothing works, i hope someone said this. 3 friends from different regions all trying to join different server and keep getting the Battleye kick for 16 message, if its not that its the black Loading screen for 10+ mins (we only wait 10 mins max, so if we have to wait longer than idk)

We were able to get into one and our friend was invisible and unable to make sounds. shot his gun in the air right next to zombies and they never moved. Others in the server were saying the same thing and a group of 3 were running around in Cherno killing people that couldn't see them. They also didn't register to the area. When we left he stayed to check a building and all the zombies and loot despawned.

Not sure if this one got through:

Putting on suits can despawn nearby zombies.

So I put this ghillie suit on, a zombie in a building next to me vanished. That was in 1.7.1 though.

Are we seriously trying to get rid of 3DP now? That seems a bit ridiculous and uncalled for and pointless. I'd really prefer we didn't.

It seems like the arguments for 3DP removal are that it would make the game more realistic, which seems given; you see in front of you in real life, you should see in front of you in the game.

However, first person is only sight and hearing. In real life, we see out our eyes but we also can feel all of our body, know where our feet/hands/limbs are, and have a sense of balance; much more than seeing with eyes. Moviebob has a good argument for this on some video of his I saw a while ago. That's why jumping puzzles never feel right in FPSs and such.

Being in first person removes all of that, and being in 3DP, in my opinion, allows you to have some semblance of those sense, a better connection to your character, and more realism.

On top of that, I fucking prefer 3DP. I always use 1DP for shooting and stuff, but it's just so much nicer to see your entire character's body while running through the woods and stuff. It allows you to see how cool you look with a rifle on your back, or gives you something neato to look at while your running for long periods of time. It also allows for cool screenshots.

There's a lot more benefits to having/having optional 3DP than getting rid of it.

Loot seems to be taking it's sweet ass time to spawn lol. Well anything besides tin cans, windshields, parts and traps. Maybe 5-8min (not sure on the EXACT time) for a pack of matches to be the only thing to spawn in a pile in one of those brown houses.

Also:

cjqsrux

How long do Z's hang out and look for players before they return to their normal routines?