rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

I've been looking through these forums for awhile.

Been playing the game for a month now. I've seen so many things on these forums from crying/complaining, asking for nerfs to night time, bandit threads, can't find "this" threads, combined with people trying to actually fix the game, improve it and make it the best it can be, all the way to people just looking for advice and help.

I seen some posts I'd have loved to comment on, but never really took the time to make a account and actually post with it.

BUT TODAY....................I did it, I was compelled to make a account......why you ask?

Not to help someone out, not to ask for help for myself, not to cry or whine on the forums about something being broken in a game that's in "Alpha".

I made this account to say "Fuck You" Literally. To johnnydotexe.

Just because.

TL;DR: Fuck.

Yay, no more insane spawn/aggro range.. got a couple points thou.

1. Crouching indoors 0 eye/ear markers

2. Crouch walking outside made eye marker jump up and down from 0-3... even had it on 4 or 5 when I happen to walk on road.. while crouched.

3. Since the hotfix it seems zeds are totally deaf, no attraction when I gunned down a zed with my revolver.

And a couple rquests.

You know the outhouse toilet next to the big barns...

Place make it possible to get stuff that spawn inside... spent 5 minutes trying every angle until I accidently closed the door and manage to actully kill myself.... with a friggin toilet door...

(was a Alice-pack I think it is called that had spawned *sniff*)

Im never gona log into DayZ without checking forums for updates as of now... never know whats gonna come i.e insane zeds one day.... retirerd zeds the next.

or wc-doors thats bloodthirsty... so embarrasing.. killed by a door on an outhouse.... *blush*

now no zombies spawn at deer stands at all, hence no loot.

edit: ok i checked 5-7 deer stands. i found 1 with dead zombies (someone mustve killed them) and no loot (that someone took it all). i found 1 deer stand with no zombies and AK loot. others were empty and no zombies.

cryinginfant.jpg

Good. Let the butthurt flow through you.

I'm not even mad. Why would I be?

Nor am I crying or butthurt.

I just think your self-esteem is low, and that's why you post comments like the one above. It's actually really entertaining, and quite a thrill to see what childish comment you think of next.

I don't like starting without a weapon. In my opinion it doesn't add to the enjoyment of respawning, it detracts from it. I can definitely understand why some folks might like it. I'd love to see it made a "Hardcore" server setting so the crowd looking for that experience can find it.

It seems like the community in other threads is already sharply divided on the subject. This seems like a reasonable alternative.

Other important notes:

I'm not bashing Rocket.

I'm not calling anyone gay.

I'm not criticizing people who like this change, I'm just really, really not one of them.

Cry more please.

I love the update' date=' maybe some of the CoD Fanboys will fuck off now.

Hardcore all the way!

[/quote']

THIS

adifferentcryinginfant.jpg

That's right. Reply to everything I type. uBaited 2.0<3

I don't like starting without a weapon. In my opinion it doesn't add to the enjoyment of respawning' date=' it detracts from it. I can definitely understand why some folks might like it. I'd love to see it made a "Hardcore" server setting so the crowd looking for that experience can find it.

It seems like the community in other threads is already sharply divided on the subject. This seems like a reasonable alternative.

Other important notes:

I'm not bashing Rocket.

I'm not criticizing people who like this change, I'm just really, really not one of them.

[/quote']

THIS. OMFG THIS x1000!!!

Giving players the CHOICE to basically choose easy/medium/hard would be amazing. We already have the three difficulty levels so why not use them for more than crosshairs and third person? Can this be done or would it be limited by the game mechanics?

7ofswords, PM me your address so I can mail you a fuckin' cookie...or come murder you, maybe.

Eta: Apparently some people have reading issues so let me clarify something in this post. See that sentence directly above this edit, you know, that last sentence in my original post? The first half(7ofswords, PM me your address so I can mail you a fuckin' cookie) is a genuine compliment for his good idea. The second half(...or come murder you, maybe.) was a fucking JOKE. You know what "joke" means, right?

I don't like starting without a weapon. In my opinion it doesn't add to the enjoyment of respawning' date=' it detracts from it. I can definitely understand why some folks might like it. I'd love to see it made a "Hardcore" server setting so the crowd looking for that experience can find it.

Other important notes:

I'm not bashing Rocket.

[/quote']

I'm going to use your own words to show why the starting with no weapon should stay- as well as show it back the corner stone of this mod's purpose- to bring out an emotional state, fear.

" it doesn't add to the enjoyment of respawning, it detracts from it."

There should be no enjoyment in spawning. If there was enjoyment then you would not experience fear of lost. An emotional state making at the same time a sense of excitement when you do find a weapon or any new item since you are one step closer to surviving another day. When you sneak through a town and escape any Zeds and having go gun...you can't say your heart in not pounding. You feel that excitement pulling off the difficult which creates a rewarding feeling.

Back to the quote.

Once Spawning feels like no penalty then you start to lost the thill of DayZ.

DayZ is about the stories about what you did to survive for what ever days. Each character life is a story. Some are short and others are longer but all have their own moments that pull at you and that's why we come back and keep playing the game. No other game brings this to us.

Don't worry you wil get use to it and you will gain skills from this which you would not have learned- like running out of ammo and trying to lose a Zed.

Keep playing :-)

ok, there really seems to be something wrong with food and drinks spawning...

got where i yesterday found 5 cans of beans and 4 soda and today nothing. nothing either on nw airfield. just managed to get myself to a lake so i don't have to die...

after that i shot some rabbit (lol) so i don't have to starve...

after hordes of zombies spawning on me at a deer stand yesterday, nearly killing me, i seem to have become kind of a hunter...

Must go ot abit here and ask about this qute;

*name*; PM me your address so I can mail you a fuckin' cookie...or come murder you, maybe.

Half of this is a legit insult wich should be ignored, but the other half

Is a threat, wich under no circumstances are legit.

Whether it is written for fun or no, is of no concern... Death threaths... Well, you see my point?

I'd just like to say...

Props and respect to Dwarden, even the best games designers need great support. I'm glad you're there to help out.

Also the rest of the BI team for making such an excellent and versatile engine.

7ofswords' date=' PM me your address so I can mail you a fuckin' cookie...or come murder you, maybe.

[/quote']

You're clearly out of line, mate. Maybe reel it in a little, you know?

Alright, I finally finished downloading the hotfix and played for around a hour.

1. In that time I checked out all the buildings in Novy Sobor, not finding any loot but the occasional tin can, or two. Then i continued down the road to Mogilevka I checked four buildings, i only found an axe, some wood, and more cans but no food or soda.

2. Making my way through Novy, I came across a shed with 3 zeds clipped into each other, and another building in Mogilevka had the same bug.

All in all this hotfix is great, the LOS on the zombies is back to a manageable state, I lost the only zed that spotted me. Night time is also great because of no moonlight. I'll play more tomorrow during the day. Great job rocket!

I finally took the plunge and tried out this mod. I can't wait till this is a stable feature rich game. But until then I will give any feedback I can.

I started with the 1.7.1.1 and newest Arma 2 Beta patch and had similar issues stated earlier in thread where I saw 0 zombies on map and next to 0 loot, minus one 1911 with no ammo and about 12 empty cans in over an hour of running around. I ran to about 7 medium size towns. I also hit up 3 barns and saw 0 loot as well. Not sure if that helps or not but that's what I have seen so far.

Also, I never got hungry or thirsty in over an hour of play. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Need help. I have downloaded all the files and putt them in the addons and so on. But when it still says version 1.60.87580 when i start the game. What are i doing wrong?

Need help. I have downloaded all the files and putt them in the addons and so on. But when it still says version 1.60.87580 when i start the game. What are i doing wrong?

The version number you mentioned is the Operation Arrowhead (OA) version -- not the DayZ mod version. All you need to do is update to the latest beta version for OA (93825). See here: http://www.cityliferpg.com/arma2beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93825.zip

hi. im new here. patch 1.7.0 was perfect. game was very interesting. me and my freainds was happy to play few days, but patch 1.7.1 came to uor "life". now we die every 30 minutes, but not ppl kill us. zombies kill us. please come back zombies from 1.7.0 . zombies at that patch was perfect. we hope game came interesting again and we play together.

please come back zombies watching distance from 1.7.0!

Must go ot abit here and ask about this qute;

*name*; PM me your address so I can mail you a fuckin' cookie...or come murder you' date=' maybe.

Half of this is a legit insult wich should be ignored, but the other half

Is a threat, wich under no circumstances are legit.

Whether it is written for fun or no, is of no concern... Death threaths... Well, you see my point?

[/quote']

7ofswords' date=' PM me your address so I can mail you a fuckin' cookie...or come murder you, maybe.

[/quote']

You're clearly out of line, mate. Maybe reel it in a little, you know?

Wow. You guys really need to unfuck your humor meters ASAP.

If you would have actually taken the time to read my whole post rather than skip over it all you would have seen that the first half of that statement was me genuinely COMPLIMENTING him for a damn good idea. The last half was supposed to be a joke.

when can we use 1.7.1.1? i cant connect to any servers it just stops at the black load screen

Not sure if mentioned, but the warning message that your dayz version is out of date when connecting to a server and loading in is so transparent, it's very hard to notice.

Nothing major, but would be nice to have it more easily visible for those who forgot to update their DayZ.

" it doesn't add to the enjoyment of respawning' date=' it detracts from it."

There should be no enjoyment in spawning. If there was enjoyment then you would not experience fear of lost. An emotional state making at the same time a sense of excitement when you do find a weapon or any new item since you are one step closer to surviving another day. When you sneak through a town and escape any Zeds and having go gun...you can't say your heart in not pounding. You feel that excitement pulling off the difficult which creates a rewarding feeling.

[/quote']

Thanks for the response.

So my thinking on this is pretty simple really, I don't think that starting without a pistol adds fear. When you don't have a pistol it's pretty clear what you need to do. You crawl carefully through a town and check buildings until you find one. Dying now costs me nothing but time. If I die I simply crawl through a town again, or find a barn, and find a gun. It just stretches out the beach-game.

Loss I get, but I already felt loss because I've died and lost a good deal of gear that I'd been collecting for hours. That should be enough. Losing my Rifle, my alice pack and my equipment hits hard enough. There is a heightened sense of loss knowing that should I die I'll be on the beach without food or a weapon, but enough is enough.

In games there's an idea of fun versus unfun.

How much fun is the thrill of spawning without a weapon, surviving only by my wits?

versus

How unfun is it for me to spend time after dying crawling around nearby towns to find a firearm of any kind, relying entirely upon the random loot system for me to then move on?

In my mind the unfun of the double-slap for dying followed by starting with nothing is worse than the excitement of weaponless fresh start.

Essentially I see the mod as servicing two communities, a sim-focused community and a casual-session community. I think it's entirely possible to please each crowd without alienating the other.

So in short I do appreciate the response. Our views differ, but that doesn't make either of us wrong.