rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Should just close this forum down. Have one place to post videos/screen shots of problems lol. Anything other than videos/screen shots posted gets deleted.

WORTHLESSNESS BE GONE (like this post)! :P

Suggestion for future testings regarding items that appear to be buggy, like tents: let everyone spawn with a tent and wipe placed ones out of the game with the next build.

Food Water to be fixed in a hotfix released tonight. Along with maybe some other goodies...

PS. Don't stress guys! Someone people get really upset the direction of the game is destroyed... trying things out here' date=' and things break occasionally... such is life in the zone, man!

[/quote']

My game crashed while I was on a ladder in the elektro school and now I spawned in a room in the school that has no exits, I am unable to get out. All I have for food and drink, is one can of pepsi, get me out of the room please rocket!!!

I am glitched in there.. :(

I guess that's what rocket meant by life in the zone.

But seriously rocket, what's with the game not saving where you were anymore?

Another problem also being that if you eat meat to regain blood, log out, and log back in later, your blood is the same as it was before you ate the meat, with the difference being that the steaks are now gone. I ate an entire cow this way.

Also, the hotfix did not fix the audibility and visibility counters for crouchwalking and prone.

You are playing on a borked server. Check if you have your debug menu, if you do not either you did not install the beta or the server you are playing on did not update correctly. I have noticed myself it can be a pain to find a decent server.

No, I've seen other players reporting the bugs I have just listed, along with the fact that I have tried changing server, re-installing the Arma 2 Beta and the mod multiple times, all with the same results.

I have the same issues, on some servers. They are listed as updated but from my experience the problem is with the server not the player if the latest update is installed on your end. Just keep looking for a decent server, took me 30 min yesterday just to find a server that was not pitch black, upgraded decently and had an ok ping.

Not all servers are doing what they have in their name...

Thanks for the hard work on this guys. Brilliant that you got a hotfix out so quickly! :)

Ugh I'm getting tired of all the people that want the starting equip reverted back.... aside from the food & drink spawn rates being borked and the sometimes buggy zombie behavior this patch is awesome.

I spent my first 30 minutes looking for a gun' date=' before finding one I got trapped inside of the school/office building in Elektro and I was glad I had been picking up empty whisky bottles so I could get out of this pinned situation. I threw one outside of the building and they started to slowly investigate it, giving me the time and space to continue looking for a gun in said building.

About 15 minutes later (after hitting the firestations) I had an m1911 with 4 mags, a DMR with 3 mags and an empty AK sitting in my Alice pack.

Point of story: stop whining and be a little resourceful!

[/quote']

I totally agree. Lament in vain. Yes, there were new bugs, but they certainly will shortly be removed. As for the spawn without weapons, it is definitely cool. Today I Spawned on the east side of Chernogorsk and therefore that I am going to find something to shoot. I was not careful and I am angry one zombie. Once I thought that after me. I put to run towards the harbor and the way I hung five other zombies. It's not my end. The last thing I thought was to jump off a pier into the water. Of course I lost a few things about what I had, but I lived. I sail the sea on the west side Cherno. On the shore I went to the supermarket. There I got a revolver and ammunition, and watches. On the way to the fire station, I passed four of the building and found the camo, map, czech backpack and knife. In the firestation, I found M4A1 M203 with 3 rounds of ammunition. In fine, I got out of town and without a single shot. If there was not a bug with the food, so I am king and I would not die of thirst. :-(

I have but one comment. I think it would be nice if the player can hold a flashlight in one hand and in the the other a secondary weapon. In real life, it is possible. Because this is what now has nothing to do with hardcore, it's crap.

Sorry for my english :-)

Dear Rocket we need/want:

- More Infected please.

- Longer spawn time.

Currently It's literally impossible to clear an area

of zeds, they actually pop up in front of you.

Thanks.

Edit:

I dont mind spawning with zero poo poo.

But I understand new players, they dont stand a chance

if they dont know the game as we do and getting killed

all the time is not always the best way to learn.

Guys and girls. If everyone posts the same stuff a million times' date=' I can't find out the unknown issues.

There is an unknown issue with tents, can anyone explain any more detail other than HURRR DURR they don't work.

[/quote']

You seem to have to be moving to place them.

Oh and then it places multiple on the same spot. And even if you pack up the tent immediately without saving it the tents will once again be there on next server restart.

I dont think you fixed the Performance bug, because i still have some lags althrough i doesnt changed the Video options from 1.7.0, i doesnt play with lags in 1.7.0, but since i installed 1.7.1 / 1 i have issues, especially in citys ... but i also got lags in wilderness. Hope you fix this. 2. You really need to add a warning pop up to the respawn button, i hate it when i press it accidently and suddenly i lose my whole eq, this just happens 3 times to me ... 1 time before like 15 mins. sorry for my bad english but PLS add this warning window ... this is just embrassing when i lose my good eq. Thanks. :exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

Guys, honestly I really think that Rocket can use some help from community at times like this. When almost everyone is hussing about their own problems and repeated words about same bug every time, it is really stressful for developer to carefully read each response in the thread, filter only constructive posts and try to release proper hotfix ASAP. And all of this in one time simultaneously.

So may be he could use some help from come forum members for reading thread/filtering constructive bug reports job? It's little similar to moderator job, but not quite and only for one current hot thread.

Sorry for offtopic, just my humble opinion.

Another problem also being that if you eat meat to regain blood, log out, and log back in later, your blood is the same as it was before you ate the meat, with the difference being that the steaks are now gone. I ate an entire cow this way

Checking in to confirm this. I went through a goat, a pig, and a cow to test it. Regardless of how far I traveled/stayed logged in after eating meat (15 minutes to 1 hour), blood reverts to the amount you had before you ever ate when logging back in but the meat remains eaten.

I love 1.7.1.1 ! Things are much more interesting, less food and water makes every minute of the game challenging and every decision really count. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

As soon as I spawned, I teamed with a random guy and we got guns together. Funny thing, he didn't shot me and we part ways with mutual trust.

I found lots of dead survivors along my travel north, people trapped in houses after agroing too much zeds. made surviving more thrilling, give you real achievement.

So rocket, when you bring in food and drink spawn again, make them far less common.

Weapons spawn are pretty good right now. Not far from the perfect balance for me.

Zeds need some tweaking, better hearing gunshots.

Maybe longer spawnrate and LOS less effective. (I think you made too much changes to zed in one update rocket)

1.7.1.1 Rolling backdate...

How about reverting back to 1.6.0 and start from there.... it was a good build.

THEN take smaller steps, test each change as you go, from development perspective that would be professional, practical and provides much more effective quality assurance :)

it will save on rollbacks... instead of 3 steps forward and 2 steps back it might be... 1 step forward, look left look, rigt look, left again and take another step forward :)

Problems...

Ok I have been playing the 1.7.1 fix for about two hours now. The first hour of the game was trying to find a server that worked. Once I was able to get into a couple different servers, I noticed that every minute or so my character will freeze for a few seconds. This has happened on every server I'm able to join. Its not my pc because I ran DayZ fine before this update. As for the zombies, I'm still getting the sight bar when prone. Also in my opinion the crawlers move way to fast

Plus...

I've absolutely love what you did with the new spawn. You now get a sense of accomplishment when you find a can of beans. I do believe you should spawn with a pistol and maybe just leave 1 or 2 clips in your inventory. The problem I see with this is a lot of people will constantly kill themselves until they respawn near cherno or electro. I don't blame them because the smaller towns you spawn at don't have good loot spots. I spawned at kamenka only to find the beach had about 4 dead survivors on it. I don't know if the players constantly respawning will have an issue on the server.

So far I love this mod would have paid sixty dollars to play it. Can't wait to see where you take this game and keep up the good work

Love the new spawn gear! It's a good way to stop the DM at the beach.

I also managed to get away from two zombies last night. One lost interest in me when I've climbed up the deer stand and the other one was the monkey-type and I managed to outrun him. He stopped chasing me after we made a distanceof about 150m. He never came after me (I've waited to see if it really works that way)

Ok forgive me for going slightly off topic, just wanted to reflect on the latest developments in here.

Nobody has the right to complain because it is in Alpha, and the devteam wants feedback (and tears) from ppl on running servers with full capacity, preferably without repeating the same bugs, and clear and plain explanations.

Everyone knows about the possible changes, but then again at the same time the majority would love to sit down on their free hours, jump in the game and enjoy it, the way they could for a long periode. We cant deny that need.

All im saying is, its not the end of the world when Rocket wants to take a risk now and then, or tries to find balance by moving things far left and right. And personally im laidback about this. But viewing the pending/rolling threads it just seems to create chaos atm. Yes eventually the bugs will float to the surface, but I was just thinking when fixes, patches, and new features are being done drastic as they are now (1.7.1 and the hotfix) it creates so much unnecessary friction.

As someone who is totally not smart enough to do any coding, I can only humbly suggest to consider giving drastic changes another approach. Maybe a big selected group of testers that are willing and are available when needed? Obviously Rocket has such a group, but maybe a bigger one. There should be loads of ppl in here that can do as you would like them to, and give specific bug reports without repeating them. I might be going over my head here, sorry. Just felt the need to share this.

Locking. This thread is toxic :)

Please don't start a new thread!