rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Does this fix ... being invisible in 3DP?

3DP is being removed anyway' date=' so this bug will resolve itself.

[hr']

. but tbh i think spawning without a gun is a bad idea.

I think the spawning with a gun thing is over' date=' like permanently. The new way is unarmed, we all gotta adapt to it

[/quote']

Yah I think so as well, makes the game more interesting.

Completely agree. It really brings the tension and terror back to the early game -- knowing one small mistake before you find a gun and you're dead. It also makes finally getting a gun, _any_ gun, much more rewarding.

Kudos to rocket for his continued efforts. Really love all the changes that have been coming down the line.

Third person is not being removed its never even been stated its being removed and if it was removed it would piss off alot of players that like playing in third person.

* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed) -> lol another fail.

Have you ever considered just putting loot spawns on a timer' date=' and every x amount of time the spawn has a chance to spawn new loot, and clear old loot from the pile?

for example, using a random number generator on a spawn point, if the number is within a range, new loot, with an if check to delete old loot if it is present

[/quote']

Um, how do you think it is done now? lol.

That's what I figured, but it seems like the same loot sticks around for a very long time and doesn't change unless you manually clear the pile.

So basically what I'm saying is maybe the checks are in the wrong order in the coding. Like, it checks if there is loot there, if there is moves on. If not it has the chance to spawn. Where as what I'm trying to say is chance for respawn, if there is a respawn check for gear and remove it, if not chance for removal.

Sorry if that's a little convoluted, it's been a long time since I've had to do any coding.

Have you ever considered just putting loot spawns on a timer' date=' and every x amount of time the spawn has a chance to spawn new loot, and clear old loot from the pile?

for example, using a random number generator on a spawn point, if the number is within a range, new loot, with an if check to delete old loot if it is present

[/quote']

That's what I figured, but it seems like the same loot sticks around for a very long time and doesn't change unless you manually clear the pile.

So basically what I'm saying is maybe the checks are in the wrong order in the coding. Like, it checks if there is loot there, if there is moves on. If not it has the chance to spawn. Where as what I'm trying to say is chance for respawn, if there is a respawn check for gear and remove it, if not chance for removal.

Sorry if that's a little convoluted, it's been a long time since I've had to do any coding.

The loot doesn't change if your in the area...you have to go away for a bit and stay away and hope that no one else goes in the area. When I say go away I dont mean in the building on the other side of town I mean leave the town go up on a hill and wait.

Thanks for all the hard work Rocket & team!

I am loving the no weapons when starting a new life, it brought back the feeling I got when I first played this game.

[/quote']

The loot doesn't change if your in the area...you have to go away for a bit and stay away and hope that no one else goes in the area. When I say go away I dont mean in the building on the other side of town I mean leave the town go up on a hill and wait.

completely untrue, trust me, I've seen both leave cherno go to nwaf, come back same loot

and make one turn around cherno and new loot spawns

[/quote']

There's a reason why 1st person only servers are not full all the time: preference. People like 3rd person view and so they try to join (even veteran) servers with this feature enabled. If people like it, there is no reason to remove it.

inb4 thees is a harcore gamez not for CoD noobz, etc, etc, bullshit.

[/quote']

There's a reason why 1st person only servers are not full all the time: preference. People like 3rd person view and so they try to join (even veteran) servers with this feature enabled. If people like it, there is no reason to remove it.

People play 3DP because its safer and theyre far too attached to their items. No one has ever given any other reason why they play in 3DP other than "I can see around corners and over walls"

Remove 3DP.

Still spawning in a debug area, not a forest, but a field. Does this sound like I'm missing a file? My brain hurts :/

[/quote']

People play 3DP because its safer and theyre far too attached to their items. No one has ever given any other reason why they play in 3DP other than "I can see around corners and over walls"

Remove 3DP.

I play in third person only because I like third person more. I'm more comfortable with it. Although, I do aim in first- no hip firing. It's more accurate. I hope they don't remove third person. I wish they'd just have designated servers. I don't see what the big deal is.

[/quote']

Remove 3DP.

I play in third person because the first person places the camera 6 inches behind the players front hand...

And it gives you proper periferal vision as well as situational and body placement awareness that you would have if this was real.

realism

You're the MAN Rocket! I love this game ALMOST as much as I love you ;).

Quick question...what does this one mean? * [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

How did the tent codes change or what not?

I am saddened by the revert to the delay for despawn on disconnection :(

Why? It did nothing.

It infact was worse, let you duplicate yourself. If you managed to not die by zombie your body often would duplicate as server would load you a few seconds before but your old logged out body be still there.

More often than not tho you die and your body would be "depopping".

back to how it was prevents duplicate exploit.

Thanks for the update.. few things with loot though. Might just be me.

- I've found literally 0 food or water in my last 20 mins scouting the entire city of Chen

- Found 5-6 watches

- One pair of camo clothes and a makarov.

*food and drink still low spawns. Only finding rare cans of Mt Dew. No coke or pepsi or empty water bottles. Still haven't found one can of food.

- Fire station completely empty (not sure if this is how it is after a server restart) **** stuff spawned later on *update

edit: update

Managed to find one mountain dew can and a weapon (AKM)

still very low on food/water.

-zombies spawning in buildings on top of each other. they don't move.

Perhaps let us spawn with one empty water bottle?

[/quote']

Remove 3DP.

I play In 3rd person View because The Frikkin First person Head Bob Makes me Sea sick, Its one thing when your RUN RL and your head moves, its another when its a screen shaking for 1hrs of travel time with your eyes fixated on a screen...

As long theres crazy head bobing, i wont force myself to Run in First person

the pistol/flashlight & stand disconnect STILL MAKES CLONES OF YOU !

most important bug to be fixed and not fixed in this hotfix...

[/quote']

Remove 3DP.

I play In 3rd person View because The Frikkin First person Head Bob Makes me Sea sick, Its one thing when your RUN RL and your head moves, its another when its a screen shaking for 1hrs of travel time with your eyes fixated on a screen...

As long theres crazy head bobing, i wont force myself to Run in First person

You can turn off headbob, it's in the options. When I first loaded Arma 2/Day Z I ran for literally 1 second before stopping to turn it off.