SmashT

DayZMod wins PCGamer Mod Of The Year 2012

Hell yeah! If there was any doubt to the naysayers, well this should shut em down now! Last night was a great run even if it was not my longest survival, but the fact of the matter was that it was my story and it was amazing! God I cannot wait for the stand alone!

I don't mind Black Mesa not being the winner, because everyone knows how great a development team they are, and how unbelievable awesome their work was, it can go unsaid.

DayZ is something truly new and great on the scene, and that is why I believe it managed to win. Congratulations.

Big thanks to Rocket and his team for providing a great mod.

take your time with standalone i'd rather have a quality product a month later than a half decent game on the day of release

• Like 1

I am not at all diminishing the accomplishment, as it is substantial and well-earned, but is it really all that suprising? DayZ is probably among the most influential mods in gaming history, among other titans such as DoTA, therefore it should come as little suprise (but with much joy) that it wins a respectable magazine's seal of approval.

Congrats for such a win. :)

Congratulations. Deserved. Now where's our goddamn ingame hat store!

• Like 1

DayZ is one of those games(mod) that really does test your moral standards. I don't mean the people who just kill everyone because "C0d es l337". I am talking about the true DayZ players who actually try to survive for as long as they can. I remember getting to 30 days and then being silenty sniped while running through a field.

Well deserved DayZ, well deserved.

this

Good Job Fellas!!! Cant wait for standalone...Iceing on that sweet, sweet cake

I honestly think DayZ Standalone may have a chance to win Game of the Year! Its only competetion will most likely be the new GTA 5, no other game stands a chance!

I was expecting Black Mesa to win. Amazing work, congrats!

Heres to 2013!

I honestly think DayZ Standalone may have a chance to win Game of the Year!

You mean Arma 3 ^_^

Edited by Papanowel
  • Like 1