griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

I'm tempted to agree with this. I'm not crybaby'ing over the fact it hasn't been released in December, but some news would be welcome.

'

I agree. A quick bit of news would cheer everyone up including me :). I'm just gonna sit tight and assume they have their reasons.

• Like 10

I agree. A quick bit of news would cheer everyone up including me :). I'm just gonna sit tight and assume they have their reasons.

Me 2. *sits by the fire with raw meat*

And no this is my meat. GO HUNT YOUR OWN RABBITS YA MOOCH >8(

Agreed. I guess I want some news more for piece of mind than anything. I'd rather know it's coming out say...February, for arguments sake, than have no news and it appear on Steam in February or some news rushed out at the end of January.

I understand it's the Christmas break and I respect Rocket and the devs wanting some time off, especially from the reddit/twitter/forum trolls constantly bombarding him, but can't help but feel a fair chunk of that would stop if we could get a tiny bit of news. I bet they have reasons though, I mean in this day and age it's no sweat to type a tweet from a phone or jump on a tablet/laptop for 5 minutes. Who knows.

Edited by showtime

I kind of hope these days of silence means that the team have a chance to take a deserved break too.

2013 for sure! Look at the Bohemia Interactive cards about DayZ! Maybe January 1ts?

whats with the DayZ cards? Whats in them? One says 2013 on the front so thats clear. Lol.

Edited by Vincenzo

You misread it.

me?

edit : Oh I didn't saw what was on the back lol.

double edit : but still would be werid if they would release it 30/31st. So 99.9% chance still 2013 hehe

Edited by Vincenzo

guys, take a little brake and check this out. very much Namalsk vibe! ))

Edited by Aydjile
  • Like 3

me?

edit : Oh I didn't saw what was on the back lol.

double edit : but still would be werid if they would release it 30/31st. So 99.9% chance still 2013 hehe

Just ignore me it was a bad WarZ joke :)

• Like 2

The silence just breaks my heart. A "today we tried making zombie crows and it was lulzy" once or twice a week would go miles; even bad news is better than no news.

Hang on a sec! I thought no news is good news? Oh well, in this case I agree, although my DayZ sixth sense tells me we won't be waiting too much longer for an announcement.

So will people really be happy with a Rocket tweet along the lines of:

"Just sat in a studio for 3 hours watching motion capture for pooing animations."

• Like 1

5 minutes passed

Ok bye bye world, Bye Rocket

Bye Dayz

What kind of method did you use to end yourself? A noose? A knife to the wrists; to the throat? Perhaps all three?

WAIT...let me guess...you played WarZ for 5 minutes? I knew it.

• Like 1

and patience used to be a virtue, before the zombie apocalypse

mind you, god is also dead so hopefully religion will go the same way as virtue

though I note certain types of long range weaponry are currently being turned into the new deities

What kind of method did you use to end yourself? A noose? A knife to the wrists; to the throat? Perhaps all three?

WAIT...let me guess...you played WarZ for 5 minutes? I knew it.

I giggled a bit.

57 hours left in 2012 oh boy. Have you guys seen this concept designs already? http://www.reddit.co...oncept_designs/

Well....I never played WarZ, but from the videos I have seen those pictures look just like WarZ. Besides the picture of the map, they don't have the DayZ feel.

Edited by Rick bon Dock

I think the boat has sailed on concept for the SA, posted on the 21st i woul dthink most of the stuff for the SA has been done with regards to the pictures shown. Also they are similar to the ones from the rezzed show rocket did!

A lot of you are forgetting that not everyone follows the DayZ/WarZ fiasco...infact a lot of people thought The War Z was the DayZ Standalone.

It makes no sense to delay for you, the regular reader on the DayZ forum, but it makes sense for a wider community.

I'm sorry but I still don't think this is a valid reason to delay the release. First, well over 1 million people played Day Z and I'd wager that just as many, if not more, knew of it from friends, gaming sites, YouTube etc. People are not neanderthals; they can tell that there is a clear difference between Day Z and War Z; enough that they can differentiate that they are different games. Also, give me some proof of these "people" who thought War Z was the Day Z standalone. HA! Second, if that (somehow) was not already the case, it definitely is now. The War Z fiasco, as you said, has been plastered on just about every massive gaming site that I know of: PC Gamer, Kotaku, Gamespy, Reddit (/r/gaming), Steam, and more. It's been out in the open, exposed, critiqued, and trashed to pieces. Only a complete imbecile would make a mistake in differentiating the games at this point.

So I hope the team isn't sitting back and thinking, "oh let's just delay a bit more so we can let that small group of people who are most likely to play our game right away, find out for themselves about War Z and Day Z, then release so we are safe and not thrown into the same category in their minds". It sounds ridiculous doesn't it? I realize earlier you said that this was one of the reasons for delaying, not THE reason, so I respect that, however, I think most of us know it's at a stage where it could be released as alpha. You can't say that people outside of these forums aren't as informed as we are about the current situation and that they feel the same way; cause I assure you many do. The group of people I play War Z with are literally killing time until Day Z standalone.

If you got 1.4 million players on the mod, I can assure that number will go much higher for standalone as it progresses.

Edited by Feudal
  • Like 3