griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Exactly.

I've been a huge Arma fan for a long, long time. Arma 3 open beta was supposed to be out months ago, now it looks like it won't be out for another few months.

It's just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm not disadvantaged in life in any way. In fact, now I have more time to save up for a beefier computer, and I may get a better game for my dollars for it.

You're only a moderator so why should we believe you?

I'm not asking you to.

Maybe I've got no clue what I'm talking about here, but delaying SA because of WarZ seems like a step in the wrong direction.

yeah, I feel like even acknowledging that other game is empowering it

but I'm just concerned with fluffy things that I'm sure the number crunchers don't care much about...

You're only a moderator so why should we believe you?

You don't have to believe anyone. As an adult we look at facts/evidence and make our own decisions. (BTW, he;s not just a forum moderator lol)

Edited by Fraggle

Yes we all want the standalone. But dear god do any of you who want it right now understand that we would be getting the same crap as the other game that failed all too recently all because a need money outweighed the value of making sure the game was of good standard? Good things come to those who wait, and making sure that this game can have its own reputation outweighs that. There is nothing you can say or do, in fact there is nothing you should say or do unless you want the same crap that we got for War Z and Resident Evil 6. Never rush a game development because it cuts corners, and crushes the value of what might have made it a good game.

Edit In fact= When I see most folks talking about Day Z I do not see them worryng about hackers unlike War Z because the game so far as a mod has made great strides to meet most of the demands we have wanted so far though yes I do know there is more we want and more to come. War Z however has failed to do so in being rushed out and the only thing most folks talk about are how it failed, and is hacked way too much. HELL, look at the latest article on kotaku about it and you will see what I mean.

The fact of the matter stands that, whether or not we get news for a while about what occurs next is not as bad as getting a horrible product that has been rushed. For christ sake LOOK at the BLACK MESA SOURCE MOD. It took a hell of a time for that thing to come out but when it did was a success and the years of waitin were dam well worth it.

I get that some folks here feel like they have been waiting for a while and want some answear and have no shame in admitting that myself however, at the same I want to have just as a good of a experience as you all have had over time and not feel like I got screwed over like so many did with the War Z.

I got no bark left for this argument at this time. You want to tear it apart, be my guest but the cat is out of the bag and running for the back door atm.

Edited by zfleming12

Yes we all want the standalone. But dear god do any of you who want it right now understand that we would be getting the same crap as the other game that failed all too recently all because a need money outweighed the value of making sure the game was of good standard? Good things come to those who wait, and making sure that this game can have its own reputation outweighs that. There is nothing you can say or do, in fact there is nothing you should say or do unless you want the same crap that we got for War Z and Resident Evil 6. Never rush a game development because it cuts corners, and crushes the value of what might have made it a good game.

If the philosophy of the developer is the same as sergey's, RE6 or any other rushed game then we will get a rushed game regardless. In fact, the opposite is true as the developers are trying to go above and beyond the current build of the mod on release.

Your argument is flawed, neither of us are expecting a full build game.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

Edit In fact= When I see most folks talking about Day Z I do not see them worryng about hackers unlike War Z because the game so far as a mod has made great strides to meet most of the demands we have wanted so far though yes I do know there is more we want and more to come. War Z however has failed to do so in being rushed out and the only thing most folks talk about are how it failed, and is hacked way too much. HELL, look at the latest article on kotaku about it and you will see what I mean.

The fact of the matter stands that, whether or not we get news for a while about what occurs next is not as bad as getting a horrible product that has been rushed. For christ sake LOOK at the BLACK MESA SOURCE MOD.

Sorry I just so dam fed up with fortitude of some individuals. OI VEY!

...We've played DayZ before - this isn't our first time. You make it out to sound like we don't know what we're in for if they release the game as is, but the fact of the matter is a lot of us have already played through the alpha, and even that is a miles ahead of anything WarZ offered. The additions that have been made to the game are simply that - additions... It isn't like he redid the entire game from the ground up and we don't know what we're getting ourselves into. For lack of a better word, the stand alone is like a BIG patch to the already developed game... so if he were to release it now (like he aimed to) it still would be far better than any 'rushed' game we've seen recently, simply because we already know that the BASE he started with is better, and any additions only make things more so.

At least for me, the major reason why Standalone is such a big deal is primarily because of the anti-cheat systems that are being put in place, which I feel is the main reason why a lot of players were driven out in such quick succession back a few months ago. So since that has already been in place since the beginning a lot of people are getting impatient.

Edited by CDriVe1335

The fact of the matter stands that, whether or not we get news for a while about what occurs next is not as bad as getting a horrible product that has been rushed. For christ sake LOOK at the BLACK MESA SOURCE MOD.

Black Mesa mod rushed? Lol, wtf have you been smoking? How long has this game been in development for? Jesus Christ, it's still in development.

What's next? DNF was rushed as well? Damn right it should've been.

It must feel great to have created a mod that turned out to be such a great success. I'm sure SA will be great too... whether it's released in Dec or first qtr of 2013.

Black Mesa mod rushed? Lol, wtf have you been smoking? How long has this game been in development for? Jesus Christ, it's still in development.

Seriously. Black Mesa was AMAZING too.

• Like 3

Reread it. Guess I did not make my statement clear when I mentioned Black Mesa. The game has been a dam good sucess because it was worked on over time (baring the delays due to the numerous incidents that did occur with it. Even after all those years, it turned out great.

Edited by zfleming12
  • Like 1

I just want some information... and I don't understand why only rocket is the one that must provide information. There are other people on the development team, are they unable to write?

A short tweet, one or two sentences on the forum... anything. It is not too hard, and I am not even demanding any release information here, but basic information. What are they currently working on? Any issues? What is on the roadmap? Even a "Nothing to report folks" would be fine. Just give us anything.

The information policy reminds me of any other production studio out there: Bad.

• Like 2

Reread it. Guess I did not make my statement clear when I mentioned Black Mesa. The game has been a dam good sucess because it was worked on over time (baring the delays due to the numerous incidents that did occur with it. Even after all those years, it turned out great.

Whatever mate. It's still a Titanic piece of shit from a technical stand point.

You cannot compare games to the experiences and skills from developers individual success. Quality over quantity, longer development times equalling a better game is a slippery slope and has more to with marketing than the development process itself as releasing a game before or beyond it's trend is bad business . I agree that it takes time but it doesn't take forever.

You can use arguments that releasing it now as opposed to later may have some impact to the creativity process but nevertheless this is the process that it's entailed by releasing it via alpha. The only difference is that we can play while they build.

I just want some information... and I don't understand why only rocket is the one that must provide information. There are other people on the development team, are they unable to write?

A short tweet, one or two sentences on the forum... anything. It is not too hard, and I am not even demanding any release information here, but basic information. What are they currently working on? Any issues? What is on the roadmap? Even a "Nothing to report folks" would be fine. Just give us anything.

The information policy reminds me of any other production studio out there: Bad.

The SA wont be released until 2013.

Happy now?

A lot of you are forgetting that not everyone follows the DayZ/WarZ fiasco...infact a lot of people thought The War Z was the DayZ Standalone.

It makes no sense to delay for you, the regular reader on the DayZ forum, but it makes sense for a wider community.

It doesn't help that when you search DayZ on steam WarZ comes up instead lol

• Like 1

At least for me, the major reason why Standalone is such a big deal is primarily because of the anti-cheat systems that are being put in place, which I feel is the main reason why a lot of players were driven out in such quick succession back a few months ago. So since that has already been in place since the beginning a lot of people are getting impatient.

I'm also interested to see how the standalone performs. we've been told performance will be better than the mod, but you'll have to excuse me if I'm not quick to believe that

It doesn't help that when you search DayZ on steam WarZ comes up instead lol

they fixed that, and now it just brings you to Arma 2 CO

Well that's it.

Im out until the SA.

The mod itself is good but Arma 2 and the the Mod can stick it own gentleman's sausage up its own jacksie because of how at sucks at stopping hackers..

Spent ages collecting parts for a vehicle, got in it and drove for 2 minutes and bam, killed by a chuffing hacker. If you hack you deserve to have your balls bitten of by a dog and then sent to hell where you get a pinapple shoved in your rear end everyday.

Please save us.

Edited by fredted40x

Why can't he or Matt write even a short tweet? Lack of info is awful and depressing.

I'm tempted to agree with this. I'm not crybaby'ing over the fact it hasn't been released in December, but some news would be welcome.

'

Devs, for my retirement can I have one of those laser engraved things. Cheers.

• Like 3