griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Holidays mean a break, Are you arrogant enough to suggest people regarding the SA are not allowed holidays? When was the last time he stood up "spruiking" the SA, I'll wager it was before,

http://games.kitguru.net/pc-gaming/jon-martindale/dean-rocket-hall-comments-on-warz-saga/ (notice the pictures are from the Rezzed chat)

"Right now I'm just at home doing bits and pieces on the DayZ development. The rest of the DayZ team is doing the same.

I realize that I went back on my word about releasing an update, but went back into my shell for a bit last week, and I'll come out when the dust is all settled."

I think the above was a simple communication before the holidays, one which i'm sure you'll agree was well deserved? a lot of work goes into a game, a break will be welcomed.

I honestly hope they don't release the Game until Ivan and Martin are released but I have the patience of a saint I'm told.

If a DayZ mod could be nominated for GOTY 2012, Dayz SA has great chances to be GOTY 2013 in various categories include game of year, but must have a solid release, would be a "slap in the face" in "another game" and their fanboys.

Edited by vacalouca

Happy new year New Zealand, P.S. rocket take all the time in the world, We have a mod to play in the meantime. :thumbsup:

EDIT: an award winning MOD!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

Happy new year New Zealand, P.S. rocket take all the time in the world, We have a mod to play in the meantime. :thumbsup:

EDIT: an award winning MOD!

Some don't and waiting SA to play :blush:

(e.g. Me)

Edited by OccipitaL
  • Like 2

Holidays mean a break, Are you arrogant enough to suggest people regarding the SA are not allowed holidays? When was the last time he stood up "spruiking" the SA, I'll wager it was before,

http://games.kitguru...s-on-warz-saga/ (notice the pictures are from the Rezzed chat)

HUH ? Are you taking to me ? Holidays are taken at any time during ones Year, yes we get the main days ie Christmas Day, Boxing Day and of Course New Years Day as Public Holidays, the rest and in between are Working Days. unless one takes Annual Leave , some and many WORK. So I am some how being arrogant in your eyes ? As I said in my posts, clearly you never read them, a COMPANY is releasing DayZ Stand Alone not Rocket, they have a potential customer base of 2 Million people at a minimum. 1 Mill plus have the Mod, Yet they dont see it in their best interest to keep their Customers Updated. If you think thats fine welcome to Wonderland ALICE

Holidays mean a break, Are you arrogant enough to suggest people regarding the SA are not allowed holidays?

Now think that steam staff take holiday and steam service doesnt work.

I'm pretty sure you'll get pissed more than most of people.

Edited by Emre
  • Like 1

Arma 3 and dayz standalone will be working closely together..

Check out this video..

http://www.youtube.com/embed/lwXw0g2fweA?autohide=1&showinfo=0

A nice new inventory system which hey gues what dayz standalone will feature.

Weapons as entities removable silencer.. Hmm yes confirmed in standalone.

Looks like the guy is wearing a helmet.. Hmm yep standalone will have clothing.

What do you think? Some actual true confirmed and working standalone features being used in arma 3? I think we will see this with out a doubt.

Seeing as the SA will be using the ARMA 2.5 engine then things like this will happen, If anything there will be some features in ARMA 3 being used in the SA, but bar a couple of similarities they will be 2 completely different games.

Seeing as the SA will be using the ARMA 2.5 engine then things like this will happen, If anything there will be some features in ARMA 3 being used in the SA, but bar a couple of similarities they will be 2 completely different games.

True, I expect them to use very similar inventory systems and weapon entity systems. It has been confirmed that standalone is using take on helicopter features so yeah I mean even in the video the narrator states that the inventory system on show is a work in progress but it gives us a clear inside in to what the standalone inventory system will look like and weapons as entities video shows ( adding a silencer, flashlight, laser pointer ) to the same gun.

I do agree with people making a case for promised release date.

Im patient, and understanding, but i'm not going to debate the point that

not just Rocket has said by years end, and it wasn't stated as a personal goal.

I can also find another developer (Matt) specifically stating

"December, it will, almost certainly be before the end of the year"

http://youtu.be/HsVAEdwxZRk?t=59s

And there are at least 2 youtube videos of Rocket stating the same at conferences.

That said, im willing to wait,

but I did expect a little more from the Day Z team.

Missing a date then staying silent would have been fine for a MOD team,

but they are now employed, making a game for a company.

Edited by DaxFlowLyfe
  • Like 5

Good for you if you only get a few days off in the year, so what? some people actually have 2 weeks of at Christmas, not a few days here there and everywhere (I can appreciate those who don't). I don't know what breaks Bohemia staff have off (Or steam for that matter, It says SA in the quote!) but I'll wager bohemia allow longer than you get, it takes a fair while to fly back to NZ. I do think your being arrogant in not understanding they need a holiday (irregardless of your holiday allowance) and you expect notification from them on the SA.

So what, they havent given an official statement on the SA, it's not the end of the world, I expect little news at this time of the year as would most. let them enjoy their holidays and further more only give us news when there is news. If rocket is in charge of the DayZ project then we will have to wait for him and the "dust to settle" A new year is a great time to roll the ball again.

Go buy the Arma CO you will understand why some of us are satisfied with what we have, You will appreciate our patience when your playing DayZ, and why most of us can wait. You will find it confusing when you have the SA but others are talking about the MOD, as this will live on after the SA and go in new directions.

Things happen, that you don't expect, I believe a lot has happened not expected via Bohemia (2 in prison, Rockets unexpected discharge, Warzzzz being released) 1 of these reasons could hold the SA up. Wait for the official reasons before passing judgement on how or why they didn't inform you.

A lot of people have stated end of the year, Only rocket can tell you why, what and when.

P.S i didn't mean to offend anyone particularly you Wonderland fan.

• Like 1

Good for you if you only get a few days off in the year, so what? some people actually have 2 weeks of at Christmas, not a few days here there and everywhere (I can appreciate those who don't). I don't know what breaks Bohemia staff have off (Or steam for that matter, It says SA in the quote!) but I'll wager bohemia allow longer than you get, it takes a fair while to fly back to NZ. I do think your being arrogant in not understanding they need a holiday (irregardless of your holiday allowance) and you expect notification from them on the SA.

So what, they havent given an official statement on the SA, it's not the end of the world, I expect little news at this time of the year as would most. let them enjoy their holidays and further more only give us news when there is news. If rocket is in charge of the DayZ project then we will have to wait for him and the "dust to settle" A new year is a great time to roll the ball again.

Go buy the Arma CO you will understand why some of us are satisfied with what we have, You will appreciate our patience when your playing DayZ, and why most of us can wait. You will find it confusing when you have the SA but others are talking about the MOD, as this will live on after the SA and go in new directions.

Things happen, that you don't expect, I believe a lot has happened not expected via Bohemia (2 in prison, Rockets unexpected discharge, Warzzzz being released) 1 of these reasons could hold the SA up. Wait for the official reasons before passing judgement on how or why they didn't inform you.

A lot of people have stated end of the year, Only rocket can tell you why, what and when.

P.S i didn't mean to offend anyone particularly you Wonderland fan.

Mate I have had the MOD since it began, if your talking to me. See who knows you cant even Quote someone. Love it, bought our group into it, 30 Plus were Playing. how about You ? We even Advertise it on the Front page of our Website. You ?

WILL make it simple for you ITS a Business that will make you 50 MILL Plus, you cant make the Deadline some person in your Company stated, but Nobody can make a Media Statement why you haven't achieved this Deadline. Don't care about the deadline being Missed, WE want the Best game possible when it's ready. Have the Decency as a Company to talk to these people, cause right now if Rocket is the Spokesperson, it's a fcking Shambles. Address my Points directly if you like, dont be ambiguous .

Played the Mod all night for your info , once again

Hoping for a December dev report soon. Does anyone know when the November dev report was released? At the end of November, or at the start or December, or...? Hopefully it's not too long until some new information is released. Thanks.

• Like 2

Sorry about the confusion with the previous post etc..

What do we know about Dayz standalone that has been confirmed?

- A new inventory system.

- Weapons as entities.

- Clothing.

- Take on helicopter features being used.

Anyways if i am wrong then i am wrong this is in no way meant to be a negative post but my own speculation due to excitement about Dayz standalone.

well first off we know standalone will be using features from take on helicopters, Because well they are all working under the same roof and in the same company.

This got me thinking when i came across a video on the arma 3 website showcasing the lighting features, a few things caught m eye.

- Arma 3 will have a new inventory system

- Arma 3 will have weapons as entities (adding silencers torches and laser pointers to weapons)

- In the inventory i saw a helmet which points to clothing.

So yes they are fundimentaly two compleatly different games but as they work under the same roof well yes it is inevitably they will more than lightly share ideas.

now look at what was confirmed by Dean to be in stand alone and look at what caught my eye.. have they basicaly showcased a very small part of standalone on the Arma 3 video? id like to think so but i guess it is down to what you think.

here is a link to the video in question..

! Edited by zimsabre

Mate I have had the MOD since it began, if your talking to me. See who knows you cant even Quote someone. Love it, bought our group into it, 30 Plus were Playing. how about You ? We even Advertise it on the Front page of our Website. You ?

WILL make it simple for you ITS a Business that will make you 50 MILL Plus, you cant make the Deadline some person in your Company stated, but Nobody can make a Media Statement why you haven't achieved this Deadline. Don't care about the deadline being Missed, WE want the Best game possible when it's ready. Have the Decency as a Company to talk to these people, cause right now if Rocket is the Spokesperson, it's a fcking Shambles. Address my Points directly if you like, dont be ambiguous .

Played the Mod all night for your info , once again

Technically there's ten hours left before the deadline ends, so have the decency and get a hold of yourself. We can't have you break down so close to the goal and if it isn't released tonight, well go ahead and act all entitled about it tomorrow. Deal? Okay! Good.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Good for you if you only get a few days off in the year, so what? some people actually have 2 weeks of at Christmas, not a few days here there and everywhere (I can appreciate those who don't)

(SORRY HAD TO ADD ) Unless your 7 Years old and have never been employed in your life, NO MOST People in the World Don't get 2 Weeks off at Christmas. Just cause you get school Holidays, dont think the Industrial Sector and Financial Sector shut down so you can enjoy your Christmas presents. Enjoy playing with your Toys

Hey guys, let's not get personal.

Not to add fuel to the fire, I used to get the two weeks off as the marketing dept closed down over the hols and we had one poor old secretary who manned our dept in case of an emergency.

It does happen, although it does depend on the company and the sector they are in.

So even us old fogies (im 42) get to play sometimes :)

Rgds

LoK

Hey guys, let's not get personal.

Not to add fuel to the fire, I used to get the two weeks off as the marketing dept closed down over the hols and we had one poor old secretary who manned our dept in case of an emergency.

It does happen, although it does depend on the company and the sector they are in.

So even us old fogies (im 42) get to play sometimes :)

Rgds

LoK

AS Stated MOST in the World Dont......I'm 48 Who Cares :) Happy New Year to you Zombie Killing Bastards

• Like 3

1) 1 & a half million of people expecting him to do something , something right at that . clearly he is overreacting and being dramatic .. right

2) yes it does take seconds to write a crappy ramble text on how the guy in charge should do his job , a paragraph would never suffice to put someone like you to rest , you'll want MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR because you need MOAR MOAR MOAR always MOAR MOAR MOAR.

3) where did people get that idea ?

4) Steam doesn't speak like a 12yrs old wanna be gangster

5) Are you still talking about DayZ ? In my opinion , you described WarZ

6) Based on that logic , there would have been a big sale event at the release of these top seller games? Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Far Cry 3 , Hitman Absolution , Assassin Creed 3 , Dishonored , Skyrim , Batman Arkham

haha you just dont get it do you .

games are released not cause you want it released they are released in the best sales period to fit most of the time to get optimum sales of there product.

november is the best month and why call of duty always comes out then ;) . december is probably the next best and probably why they tried to get it done for then. the alpha wasnt probably either finished for public release or much different from what we are playing now so they and i say they cause rocket wont be soley in charge of this anymore chose not to release it jst yet.

if you dont get why i put bro and gangster chat uninstall and just forget about it :lol:

steam will have a big say on when this goes out and anyone who does get that is daft. they dictate alot because of the selling power they have and they arnt easy to get in either .

a paragraph is more than enough if worded correctly ;)

even one sentence could of said what needed to be said bit i did kinda expect it and have said gaming devs are like politicians when projects are being made :lol: it doesn't surprise me too much. well probably next hear about how his pet rabbit ate a carrot :P i look forward to it yo.

Edited by dgeesio

Will they be he same as thedayz mod??

my requirements are:

CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor

CPU speed: 2.6 ghz

RAM: 4.1GB

OS:Microsoft W7 Home Premium Edition SP1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video card: GeForce G210

Sound card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Free disk space: 367.3 GB

It's a Hp pavillion slimline

would i be able to run dayz mod and/or the standalone?

Edited by Boneboys

If you can run day z now, your fine

I havent played dayz ive been told to wait for the standalone, but idk if ican run it or not and nobody replies helpfully on ca i run it thread

It will most probably be the same, cant be to sure though. Your specs are fine and should JUST work. If anything you might need to lower the graphic settings.