griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

I kind of like the idea of being able to transfer blood from another player of the same blood type to you. Same goes for antibiotics. as long as the loot is balanced enough to give players a chance to deal with infections and diseases (I'm not saying spawning everywhere, but definitely available in certain buildings depending on whether they have been looted or not). The system needs to be difficult without making finding antibiotics, blood bags, and equipment a tedious grind. If it turns out insanely "grindy" then I would err on the side of less is more.

As far as loot goes, I would rather see how their hive system works before reverting to the original spawning system for DayZ. Right now, the random chance aspect just encourages server hopping. If you look in the same place enough times in enough servers, you will eventually find it. The "prototype" system they have in place now would certainly prevent military weapons from being easily found and distributed. The question is, will this system make looting tedious and grindy. At the moment that is my only concern, and I believe most people would agree that grinding is not the right way to go (though there will be some amount regardless of what system is used, the key word is tedious).

Anyways...those are my thoughts.

I for one am happy loot will be based on population. One of the main points in SA for me, is that hopefully I won't see everyone decked out in nightvision, thermal and sniper rifles. If you do get something like that, it should be so rare you will think twice, three times, fuck, you'll think ten times, and then you'll leave the sniper rifle in your base for fear of losing it. :D

That is when there is base building. Which is another huge point for me in SA. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game at the start, but until it has proper base building and vehicles, I wouldn't be able to play it for any longer amount of time.

I've been watching this forum daily for almost three weeks waiting for an SA Alpha announcement and just want to make sure I'm watching the correct place for when it goes public.

I can't wait, by the way.

Steam is where it'll be released so keep your eye on the early access area there. If you watch these forums you won't be able to miss it either.

Edited by Fraggle

Steam is where it'll be released so keep your eye on the early access area there. If you watch these forums you won't be able to miss it either.

Is the "key batches system" canceled?

Is the "key batches system" canceled?

Yes

The zombie lunges I've seen I find a bizarre addition. That would be my only 'Bad' so far.

I like the idea of different antibiotics and medicine,i will form a gang of 5 people and scavenge all the medicine in chernarus and start to sell them so basically im gonna become a drug dealer.

2. Blood types: YES, it's realistic. But honestly, spending 2/3's of my time playing looking for a specific blood type does not sound fun, especially with the often volatile and violent player base i have seen and experienced on Dayz.

I think you will be able to take your own blood for times where you need it.

Means:

Freshspawn with full blood.

Finding stuff for blood transfusion (empty blood bag, syringe (or what it's called))

You transfuse some of your blood in the bag.

You place the bloodbag in a cooled storage (or it will get bad/infectious/whatever).

You eat food to regenerate the blood you lost.

Now later, you get shot/hit by a zed and lose a lot of blood.

You transfuse some stored blood back to yourself.

No need to look for blood bags by type at all.

This mentality is why it took so long for a game like DayZ to exist in the first place.

"You have to run for extended periods of time to get anywhere? You have to eat and drink? Your legs break and you have to crawl for 2KM to find morphine? Bandage wounds or bleed to death? There's no protection from other players? You get sick and need antibiotics? Permadeath? No skills? No rules? Nothing? That game would suck!"

I'm on here unusually much as well :lol:

I'll honestly wouldn't mind waiting 2-3 months longer for SA at this point. DayZ Origins is keeping me happy at the moment, and the Steam Summer Sale is right round the corner, hopefully next week as that is my week off work.. Goodbye wallet.

DayZ SA and Next-gen all coming out around the same period will silence me for another three years. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to love the SA, I'm sure of it.. But the I think the alpha gameplay lowered the hype a little, I think too many people we're expecting the finished product. I'd be willing to wait until October if thats how long it took to add the new vehicles in as well.

If anyone is bored of waiting, try ArmA 3, add some mods to ArmA 2 like the ACE mod, or JSRS and Blastcore, or maybe try some new DayZ maps. And as I said Steam sale is about to drop, I think there is plenty to keep us occupied.

Id just like to see a Dev Blog.Rocket mentioned it at the last show about stuff he wants to show in the next blog. Doesnt look like it wil happen = boo!

However, im ok with waiting for the SA release - itll be an alpha but itll be worth it and im looking forward to how this game progresses.

In regards to the SA and the Mod, are they going to share the same features or are the two going to go in different directions?

I'm pretty sure that they will go into different directions (both being survival zombie games however) simply because the Arma engine and thus the mod cannot provide as much as the SA will be able to.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that they will go into different directions (both being survival zombie games however) simply because the Arma engine and thus the mod cannot provide as much as the SA will be able to.

SA is still based on the ARMA engine!

To be fair its the dayz engine, they've changed enough that can be considered a new engine, but they are both based on the RV3 engine.

• Like 1

Dean Hall:

''We spent last week progressing further on our alpha milestone tasks. Also clearing out some nasty crashes, as I am sure those testing can confirm. At the start of the week you would crash within minutes if trying to move... We still have a nasty crash there for some and that's monday's job.

But progress is going great, our aim is to have the initial alpha as a solid base. The project is now becoming much more "formal" and I'm confident with how this week progressed.

I think it's very important we keep on this process. This is the first time we've properly committed to a date so I'm hopeful we can deliver on that.''

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1hp9y5/was_really_hoping_for_the_alpha_this_weekend/

I think you will be able to take your own blood for times where you need it.

Means:

Freshspawn with full blood.

Finding stuff for blood transfusion (empty blood bag, syringe (or what it's called))

You transfuse some of your blood in the bag.

You place the bloodbag in a cooled storage (or it will get bad/infectious/whatever).

You eat food to regenerate the blood you lost.

Now later, you get shot/hit by a zed and lose a lot of blood.

You transfuse some stored blood back to yourself.

No need to look for blood bags by type at all.

Hmm, that would make it workable i guess. I probably missed the self blood-storage thing XD.

has there been any hints to houses being added in the final game ? one of my ideas instead of houses was that you could fully barracade windows and install some kind of lock on a door in certain buildings which would make it yours and give u storage but people could break in depending on what kind of lock picks or hacking equipment they might have

No housing as far I can can tell from the numerous other conversations about this very subject...

Yes, there's plenty of information about how housing, or base building rather, may work.

Base building is not going to be in the game from what i've heard so far, on the other hand, barricading could be possible hopefully.

• Like 1