griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

We've already been told June is the month where the next internal review on release is going to be, which just happens to be the better part of 2 months away.

Seeing all these posts where people are so bent out of shape on processes they have zero idea about is completely beyond a joke.

I don't care either way whether DayZ SA comes to fruition or not, and I can spend the 5-10mins necessary to find all the latest news and know these things. Maybe I just don't want to end up posting stupid shit that wastes everyones time, when it was already explained again and again even in the same thread.

Tell me something, how you do delegate your projects? Do you know exactly how long its going to take an individual to complete their individual task? How about 30 people? Do you even know how long its going to take to finish your homework tonight? EXACTLY?

The only fanboy I am a fanboy of, is common sense.

Like most of the general gaming population, I don't have time to read 70 pages of teenagers arguing about what style of ghillie suit will works best.

The point is, BI and Rocket lied from the start, they gave us false release dates knowing it'd slip back and back until it's been what, 6 months past their stated release date already?

The point is, BI and Rocket lied from the start, they gave us false release dates knowing it'd slip back and back until it's been what, 6 months past their stated release date already?

They have also been open about why they made the decision to delay. The initial plan was to package the mod up into a standalone executable, fix some of the bugs and add some new content and polish. Then they realised they would not be able to solve the hacking issues unless they overhauled the entire engine architecture. That's why the game is delayed. They either take the time to get that right or they have a huge problem with hackers on launch day. I don't expect you to know this though if you aren't bothered to read anything about it. You would know this if you only read the dev blogs.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Smasht speaks with the wisdom of the owl...

Moving on, I don't understand why people think Rocket and BI are lying about release dates I mean come on what do they have to gain from it?

Like most of the general gaming population, I don't have time to read 70 pages of teenagers arguing about what style of ghillie suit will works best.

But you do have time to come on here and rage about something you admittedly know nothing about.

Priceless.

• Like 3

Moving on, I don't understand why people think Rocket and BI are lying about release dates I mean come on what do they have to gain from it?

They read things the way they want to read it and then whine when they don't get their insta-grat on.

I fail to see the problem with developers of a game deciding not to release it when they originally said they would. It's their product they can do what they want. I am just impatient to play it :P

• Like 1

So does anyone really know when it will be released?

When it comes out will the old DayZ basically be desereted?

And does anyone know how much it will cost?

How am I gonna download it? First buy the Arma game then what? I dont quite remember how I downloaded DayZ.

Thanks,

CPP

It should be relaesed anytime between now and 2 months time according to latest information.

The mod that we play now will continue to be free and developed by the community, I'd expect it to still have a relatively healthy playerbase as people like the variation it can offer.

We don't know how much it will cost but it will be cheap to reflect the fact that it will be released in development.

You will purchase and download it via Steam. It will not require Arma to run, hence the term "Standalone".

All of this info is available in the "information" section of the forums and the devblogs found here: Devblogs . Have a read it will answer most of your questions in detail.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

So basically its like any other Steam game, you buy it, download it and play it? Will I need DayZ Commander for it?

It is a standalone game, completely separate from the mod and you'll download it like any other normal game. What we are playing at the moment is a mod for Arma2, hence all of the messing around needed to play it.

You don't even need DayZ Commander to play the mod. :|

I wish more people knew that.

I wish more people knew that.

Everyone has to start somewhere and its easier to nudge new people towards an effective tool than explaining launch parameters and mod folders. Still, I felt compelled to point that out. :)

Everyone has to start somewhere and its easier to nudge new people towards an effective tool than explaining launch parameters and mod folders. Still, I felt compelled to point that out. :)

I've always found DayZ Commander as more clunky than useful; I enjoy setting up launch parameters a lot more. Maybe I'm just a nerd like that.

I would much rather use dayZ commander than Steam though, i fucking hate Steam :)

You don't even need DayZ Commander to play the mod. :|

You do if you don't want to wait for your friends to paste IP addresses for you in TS. :P

• Like 1

You do if you don't want to wait for your friends to paste IP addresses for you in TS. :P

Do they sell new keyboards in Bawston? If so, you owe me one.

So does anyone really know when it will be released?

When it comes out will the old DayZ basically be desereted?

And does anyone know how much it will cost?

How am I gonna download it? First buy the Arma game then what? I dont quite remember how I downloaded DayZ.

Thanks,

CPP

1.Yes

2.No

3.Yes

4.Steam

Who's putting bets on that next-gen will be out before Standalone..? ^_^

(Just kidding people!)

We all know there will be a lot to fix once Alpha comes out, anyone here think they will continue to play the mod more than the Alpha during it's first few stages? Kind of like ArmA 3 when it first came out, it was fun.. But ArmA II was still better because it wasn't an alpha.

I think I may do it that way, depending on how things go. Play SA for a little bit here and there, keep an eye on fixes, etc.. And then continue to play the mod just while we get the teething problems out the way. Must admit, really enjoying the mod right now. Finally feels like it was when I first started playing last year, I actually have to run away or kill zombies now!

I've been patiently waiting and I've recently got back in to DayZ again. I'm really looking forward to playing the SA. I'm looking forward to the new animations and hopefully a more fluid and better performanced (I know it's not a word :P) experience.

So whats up with the game!? Last week Dean Hall said we have a week window. So now that its been that week... WHERE IS IT?

As for me I'm SOO HYPED for this game. Now I just wanna buy it and get that out of the way so I can play it. Anyone know when the game(Alpha) is possibly coming out?????

All good things come to those who wait, young grasshopper.

srsly. where my alpha key?

So whats up with the game!? Last week Dean Hall said we have a week window. So now that its been that week... WHERE IS IT?

As for me I'm SOO HYPED for this game. Now I just wanna buy it and get that out of the way so I can play it. Anyone know when the game(Alpha) is possibly coming out?????

No he said a week window... He didn't mean he was releasing it in a week, more like he has a set week/five days he wants to release it. However they're not revealing it because of the december fiasco/delay.