griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Its really worth it to buy ARMA II, not only for The DayZ mod. It's not a Shooter anymore, it's a simulator lol. Real awesome game.

no "official release date", but an appeal to 'openness' that's yet to be fulfilled. again, no one forced him to make these statements, but he did. and they say after you make your bed you have to lay in it...

Indeed however Rocket stated in the Eurogamer Presentation that "it has to be released before next year". Yeah, other statement that seems to be inconclusive.

I'm going on the bold assumption that it won't be out this year

maybe the full context of the statement would help:

no "official release date", but an appeal to 'openness' that's yet to be fulfilled. again, no one forced him to make these statements, but he did. and they say after you make your bed you have to lay in it...

I think the most important part of that entire post, if we feel we must pick it apart, would be "But we will slip this date if needed, we will not compromise the project for the short-term gain of meeting this date."

I'll hop on the whinewagon when it's the end of January and we haven't heard anything.

I'll hop on the whinewagon when it's the end of January and we haven't heard anything.

fair enough

Did Rocket state on Eurogamer Expo 2012 that It was going (for sure) on December 2012?

PS: Why no news about the game?

Edited by zombie123

Did Rocket state on Eurogamer Expo 2012 that It was going (for sure) on December 2012?

Yes he did, but quit being such a whiny, soulless, spoiled child and SHUT UP!

/sarc

are you making an official statement?

I officially said it but in terms of "official" statements they usually come from Rocket himself, I'm just a lowly forum mod.

• Like 1

Nothing is certain when it comes to developing a game unlike anything anyone has tried before. Rocket has only ever offered targets because that is all a mere mortal can do. In game development there are so many variables it pays to be patient, unless you want a rush job, and we've all seen what happens when you try that.

Ok guys I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, so please dont quote me everywhere in articles/reddit. I do this because I feel there really should have been an update by now...

A factor in the delay is to distance their game from a competitor's recently released game.

Again this is a factor, and not the entire reason...but just another "pro" to delay release. There are other factors you can probably make an intelligent guess about. So, in the big picture, it is a good business decision to delay...remembering that a vast majority of potential SA players dont follow DayZ news, and aren't walking in circles waiting for release.

Note to journalists: Treat this as hearsay.

• Like 13

Ok guys I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, so please dont quote me everywhere in articles/reddit. I do this because I feel there really should have been an update by now...

A factor in the delay is to distance their game from a competitor's recently released game.

Again this is a factor, and not the entire reason...but just another "pro" to delay release. There are other factors you can probably make an intelligent guess about.

This is actually VERY smart and a good move. Oh crucify me if you think I am being a fanboy but think about it. WIth so many folks out there right now burning from how bad War Z did recently, many would be less inclined to follow through on a game that actually has a good work added. They would easily just write it off, even with how well and successful Day Z is right now as a mod. This is very much what I was hoping for. This gives Rocket and the Day Z team more time, it gives us a better chance to show that Day Z is better then other games that try to follow its idea and its also even if it is annoying that nothing is out yet, the right thing to do.

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm not worrying about the delay so much, but 1 week without information... I understand that Rocket needs to enjoy the holiday with his family but It's so easy to say something about development!

Sorry if I'm saying shit!

Again this is a factor, and not the entire reason...but just another "pro" to delay release. There are other factors you can probably make an intelligent guess about. So, in the big picture, it is a good business decision to delay...remembering that a vast majority of potential SA players dont follow DayZ news, and aren't walking in circles waiting for release.

thanks for the information =D

No idea how you would show proof, but let's see if the SA comes out before Jan 5th, good luck and have fun on the DayZ Mod.

i could show you the payment on paypal. or screenshot something.

doubt it comes out before jan 5 though.

Its not like the devs are sitting on their hands waiting for the new release date to roll around

If the SA was good enough for release, I would think that Rocket would purposely want to release the game close to the competitor, because his "competitor" is doing like shit right now. As a matter of fact, I just got an email from the CEO of Rocket's competitor apologizing for the lies and crappy game they have put out lol. You can see it as well on www.kotaku.com

I just think the SA is not complete or good enough to be released. They just didn't make the deadline and that's okay, but damn, this would have been an awesome time to release. WarZ going down in flames and DayZ releases... All the WarZ people leaving will flock to DayZ like flies on shit.

Thank you for the update, Griff; I think it would be silly if you got in trouble for saying that since it is not anything secret. I think Rocket and his team should take advantage of this time and release the Standalone because even though I am playing War Z with my friends, we say every day to each other, "the moment Day Z SA hits, we're uninstalling War Z". Rocket expressed that he was feeling depressed, concerned, and worried but if only he knew how much RESPECT the community has for him; just about everyone sees him as a god. I'd wager that 90% of War Z players were previous Day Z players or at least have played the game once and would jump ship to the standalone the moment it releases.

War Z is currently at a low point and is not only ridden with hackers but item duping is rampant which has effectively ruined the experience in the game in general. Titov and his crew are trying to patch things up but everyone knows the ship has sunk and the prospect of the game getting any better is slim. Tons of people played and put up with the alpha version of War Z, which was total trash, and I'm willing to bet the current stage of Day Z standalone is better than War Z at this very moment.

Take a load off and release it as soon as possible. I'm just one of the many, many gamers out there, but I guarantee it won't be a flop. Look at the amount of people who are wondering if they should buy ARMA right now JUST to play the Day Z mod, when they KNOW the Standalone is right around the corner. The game is wildly popular and I think Rocket et al is playing it a little too safe when they are renowned in the community! People will go absolutely mental if it releases soon. The only reason I am in War Z right now is because the inventory/item system is better, the animations are not as clunky, and it's a bit more deathmatch-y at the moment, which is nice, however, Day Z still trumps it and I will return the moment Standalone hits because each of those issues I listed will be addressed.

Edited by Feudal
  • Like 1

Worst week ever! Last night i had a dream about myself playing standalone, worst part was i knew i was dreaming.. rockets work better be good.

• Like 1

Note to journalists: Treat this as hearsay.

I knew the game was ready, it's only a delay for another reason.. but thankfully guys, i wager a release in early Jan