griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

They should have old people zombies, it's fine to shoot old people.

Edit: I mean its fine to shoot old people Zombies.

Don't go around shooting old people kids! Not cool at all.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2

They should have old people zombies, it's fine to shoot old people.

Edit: I mean its fine to shoot old people Zombies.

Don't go around shooting old people kids! Not cool at all.

:beans: for old guy zeds  disable zeds? like wheelchair guy in shaun of the dead movie :lol:

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

They've considered it but there would be censorship issue's in certain countries so it's unlikely to happen.

Germany....sometimes i hate my country ;)

I would also like a bit more blood and gore in the game. It doesn't have to be a Soldier Of Fortune, but hey guys, this is a Zombie game!

I was just wondering if they were going to, because I know I'm not the only one that dosn't like the Battle Eye Client. 

Hello there

Its a distinct possibility. (Along with other forms of protection).

Why do you dislike it?

it's served me and many others well for many moons

Rgds

LoK

They will be using VAC. There is no current plan for another anti-cheat, but I wouldn't rule out anything.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

Hello there

Im still intrigued why BE is such a bad thing?

VAC is great but all anti cheats have their flaws.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

People download malware and get their keys stolen, those keys are sold to hackers and later banned. Players blame BattlEye for banning them for "no reason".

• Like 4

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

i think most players just presume the reason dayz is hacked as hard as it is, is due to the anti cheat and not game architecture. 

So most people just point fingers at battleye in say its there fault.

• Like 2

^ That too, despite BattlEye banning something like 150,000 hackers to date since DayZ launched.

Edited by SmashT

Hello there

Agreed.

There does seem to be an anti BE movement prevalent which I find unwarranted.

Personally *if* BE was implemented I would be more than happy.

It serves a good purpose, it may not be the be all and end all of anti "hax" but it's not bad at all.

The dev's will have thought long and hard about what is appropriate and within budget etc.

I have faith (not blind) that they will implement the best system/s

Rgds

LoK

I think VAC hits a bit harder. If I'm not mistaken doesn't it ban you from all Valve game multiplayer servers running VAC?

I think VAC hits a bit harder. If I'm not mistaken doesn't it ban you from all Valve game multiplayer servers running VAC?

Yes vac does ban you from all vac servers but not all servers use vac.

That's a common misconception, apart from a few Valve titles VAC bans only apply to the game the cheat was detected in.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869#vacgames

• Like 1

Hello there

Its a distinct possibility. (Along with other forms of protection).

Why do you dislike it?

it's served me and many others well for many moons

Rgds

LoK

Well, I just don't like how buggy it can be. I don't really like getting kicked randomly off of servers due to a Battle eye error. I understand its doing this to try and make everyone's experince better, but it can be annoying. It's never happened to me, but I can imagine how frustarteing it must be to be Global Banned due to someone else's doings.  :|

No. VAC.

Really? Isn't VAC even worse? ... I mean, I love Valve. But VAC? Really?

That's a common misconception, apart from a few Valve titles VAC bans only apply to the game the cheat was detected in.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869#vacgames

Really? I'm glad I know. :) Now to go cheat in some Valve games I don't like...

Really? I'm glad I know. :) Now to go cheat in some Valve games I don't like...

It's worse when a Half-Life 2 mod causes you to get VAC banned, and it bans you from other games you play as well.

And it stays announced on your account to haunt you even several years after the actual ban.
I keep having to hear "lol ur argument is invalid cuz u hack lol" from people.
Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

It's worse when a Half-Life 2 mod causes you to get VAC banned, and it bans you from other games you play as well.

And it stays announced on your account to haunt you even several years after the actual ban.
I keep having to hear "lol ur argument is invalid cuz u hack lol" from people.

I know what you're talking about. And it's funny, because the Steam Achievement Manager lets you cheat all the TF2 achievements for free gear and whatnot but the original Gmod had a chance of kicking you out of Half Life 2. :)

Hi all, I tried some mmo  zombie-apocalypse games but in fact i didn't like even one of them and i have some questions about dayz:standalone if you know about these.

- will we die with 3-4 hits by zombies or will we be the rambo again.  It's really boring to see players are killing zombies with flashlight or fists. I want to run when i see some zombies, dont want to kill them with my hands.

- will there be any negative sides to being bandit.

- will they add a frp-rpg servers with serious rules.

- will there be any infection system at game. This can push the people to find somekind of medicine to remove infection.

Biggest question is that, Do you know if there will be a hardcore mode server, people trying to run away from zombies to not be killed in 3 or 4 hits, won't kill everyone and will think " we need more people to stand ", a server that wants really good tactics, playing serious, slow, silent and realistic.

Thank you all, sorry for hilarious english.

Edited by Gloominess

- You will definitely not be Rambo in the Standalone. Zombies can knock you down rather often, for example.

- DayZ is not out to punish any style of gameplay, so no, there will not be downsides(penalties/negative stats) to being a bandit.

- No idea about RP servers. Probably not at first, since there won't be private servers right away.

- There will be 12 real life diseases(with their actual symptoms/medicine) in the Standalone, on top of the zombie infection.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man