rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

I'm a server admin...but I have no clue where to get the dayz_server.pbo file. I gave Tonic RCP access but since that crapfest the other week we were told to change our pwd.

Can a dev PM me the details so I can get that file and update it? Thanks.

Im in the same boat. Ive tried contacting several dev's no response. i need those files badly :(

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

I want to see how's the reaction about this :D

Got to point this out

Zombies can attach through walls still. was in a little booth and getting hit through the walls. Also' date=' when I was in the barracks at NW Airfield, a zombie came through the wall and hit me. He didn't go through the door.

Other than that, seems zombies get agro extremely easily now...

[/quote']

READ THESE NOTES: PARTICULARLY - RAYTRACING DOES NOT WORK INSIDE SOME BUILDINGS SO IT IS DISABLED INSIDE FOR ALL. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON HIT THROUGH WALLS IN BUILDINGS, BECAUSE RAYTRACING IS DISABLED INSIDE THE BUILDING. IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE, AND IT IS OUTLINED IN THE BUILD NOTES.

I don't want to be all troll-ey, but I notice worse performance with the new patch than before. This could be because all the servers are getting absolutely blitzed right now, but it actually takes longer to loot and my FPS is worse than it was at the tail end of 1.7.0. BUT THIS HAPPENS PRETTY MUCH EVERY PATCH. So that notwithstanding, the only major complaint I have is that the zombie animations seems pretty much the same.

Okay, the new animation I see is the crawler/monkey zombie. He has a new animation. I think I saw some new attack animations. But I was expecting much more thorough, longer and slower animations by the zombies from the "all new mo-capped zombie animations" patch note. They either look the same or too fast still, too spazzy and glitchy. Maybe shit aint working right yet since this is literally the evening of the biggest patch.

EDIT: OKAY NEVERMIND!! The biggest problem is zombies spawning LITERALLY ON TOP OF ME IN THE THOUSANDS OF DOZENS!! OH GOD!!

What happens to all the items in our tents and vehicles? Will they all disappear?

... by the zombies from the "all new mo-capped zombie animations" patch note....

That was from the intended build notes.

If you read the actual build notes, you will see only a few animations actually made it into the build. One being the monkey run. The others needed some work still so I didn't put them in.

You mean ray casting, right? Because raytracing is usually associated with bounces haha

You mean ray casting' date=' right? Because raytracing is usually associated with bounces haha

[/quote']

yeah, its 8am and i havent' slept since friday :)

gooby pls

I think I can speak for a few people when I say thank you Rocket. You're one of the better mod creators I've come across in my time.

• Like 1

... by the zombies from the "all new mo-capped zombie animations" patch note....

That was from the intended build notes.

If you read the actual build notes' date=' you will see only a few animations actually made it into the build. One being the monkey run. The others needed some work still so I didn't put them in.

[/quote']

Shit sorry man, too excited to read the real patch notes. Seriously though, zombies spawning in the dozens on my head right after I killed a giant wave, and I was just watching Destiny's stream right now and I watched it happen to him. L4D numbers of zombies spawned right around the corner from him, seriously whoa.

This is very nice work. Very, very good.

That said, the ABSOLUTELY REPSPAWNING RIGHT AWAY ZOMBIES makes me :@ and :huh: and ultimately :dodgy:

Solid build so far, no glitches/ eye popping bugs so far, besides one. Set up a tent , my player was sucked into the tent, and I bleed out :( W/M4 CCO and my brand new bike. Shouldn't have picked that damm tent up. Besides that, didn't notice else.

yeah' date=' its 8am and i havent' slept since friday :)

gooby pls

[/quote']

Neither have I. And now I gotta check this patch out. Hi Five.

Holy shit this thing became so much more hardcore. Expect to see the average lifespan go down considerably.

WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE GEAR IN OUR TENTS AND VEHICLES????

Gear in vehicles is still there, at least, mine was still in both vehicles.

Problems:

Zombies still attack through walls

Zombies see you through walls

Zombies see you through walls when you're prone, from 15m away

Lot more zombies than before

Game seems almost unplayable now, unless you group up. Cannot go into any kind of town without a large party, will get agro from far away even when prone.

Yeah I'm having issues. No one can connect to my server (Chicago 21/ US 27) they're all stuck on a perpetual loading screen. Can anyone help?

[FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)

Ah hehe...not so much rocket old bean. They're now spawning on top of me and they don't stop ^^;

It feels a bit like NW Airfield back when the respawn was glitched and zombies wouldn't stop at all. Not just minimal breaks, but it was zombie endless and generally they magically appeared. I'm all for more zombies, deadlier, etc, but teleporting onto you? That may be a bit much there buddy.

An idea: Big firefights attracting zombies from outside the town. Even if they spawn in outside of the town, they can still come inside it right? Stop me if I'm wrong.

Also: I'm really excited to see how the no weapons thing goes. It may take some time to really take effect (clan members need to die off and camps need to be raided, bringing the number of guns in game way down) but I think it will be a positive thing at the end of it all.

1. I haven't played 1.7.1 yet, I'm waiting until tomorrow to continue with my group.

2. I love the idea of being able to lose zombie hordes, but from the sounds of it, it seems irrelevant with the heightened senses of z's.

3. I love the idea of starting without a weapon. Not only have we heard feedback of increasing teamwork, but to me, it makes weapons that much more cherishable (as they should be in a zombie apocalypse).

4. I still hate the Reggie Bush jukes of Z's, I understand you're working on that, and I appreciate it.

5. I hate the idea of not being able to clear out a small town of z's, and being able to quickly loot it and leave before Z's respawn. But, at the same time, I am a very patient guy, and can deal with my perceived imperfections of this game.

I'd also just like to take this time to thank the shit out of you. Before I even knew what ARMA was, I wanted an open world zombie apocalypse survival game.. and here it is. I can't wait until we can start fortifying, rebuilding, etc. It'll probably be awhile.. but as said earlier, I'm patient, and for this game, I'm patient^2.

I have noticed a couple things about the new stealth mechanics, the shadows are your friend if you stay still it will reduce your visibility to 0, and flare are zombie bait :D

[FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)

Ah hehe...not so much rocket old bean. They're now spawning on top of me and they don't stop ^^;

Haven't been able to reproduce it, was fine on the server I was on, so it could possibly be a performance issue associated with full servers.

That means the fix won't come for a fair few days as it will be hard to isolate.

In the meantime, don't go near deer stands.