rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Zombies almost instantly respawning for anyone else? Also deerstands seem to have 15+ zombies around them now lol

Roger on that last ... I hit three tree stands and had a freaking army at each ... okay maybe only 9 or 10 but in comparison to the 3 I was used to seeing it was an army.

I'm still able to crawl past a zed even on a road and while I knew it was coming it was a shock to see zeds spawned inside structures. I saw it twice in huts but none, so far, in the larger buildings I entered.

Oh and I saw two double barreled shotguns in the same barn. I didn't take them since I had something better.

All in all it wasn't as bad as I feared, but then I jumped in with a character who had more than his dick in his hand standing on the beach with a "HEYIT'SMEEATMESHOOTME" flashlight. REALLY looking forward to that little treat.

Joe

Just wanted to post that I'm watching both Destiny (Steven Bonell) AND Jp's stream (ItMeJP MLG Starcraft 2 caster) and they are having HUGE performance issues with the new patch, like 10 fps. JP is using another computer with hardware streaming and its chugging badly. I'm sure the performance improvements that were intended are noble and all, but something aint right :P.

Also the zombies are spawning WITHOUT PAUSE on top of people's heads. This is a kind of pre-lim bug report for the patch. I'm sure its all on the level just not working out as intended when distributed live. Don't know what else to do to help but report it. Not complaining man, just tell me what to test.

Rocket I love you.

Releasing something like this on a sunday is just... I LOVE YOU

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1

* dayz_sfx 1.2

* dayz 1.3

* dayz_equip 1.3

* dayz_weapons 1.2

* dayz_anim 0.2

i always love me an update where a shit load of files are changed. means a LOT of good shit in the next patch :D

1.7.1 Deer Stands, Spawns & Zombies

On any deerstand, the zombies will now spawn with alarming alacrity. There will not only be the base three hunters/soldiers/policemen you find meandering around the base, you will potentially find six or nine.

On dispatching these, you will only be rewarded by their imminent respawn within at least the next two seconds, at which point they will proceed to immediately detect you with their newfound "spidey-senses" and chow down on your ass in overwhelming numbers.

My party and I chanced upon 2 survivors trapped in one such deerstand, surrounded by at least fifteen to twenty walkers, with more climbing the ladder and respawning every couple of seconds.

Our sharpshooter decided to put these survivors out of their misery with some well placed M24 rounds, but we were unable to loot the bodies or get near the deerstand without a crowd of twenty or so zombies appearing, and consistently reappearing every time more were downed. This, coupled with their recently acquired, and somewhat alarming prowess in detecting players, made them frankly unstoppable, and we were well equipped, a squad of four with silenced M4A1s, an M24 and a Mk48.

This same problem seems to plague some other structures.

Can anybody confirm?

[FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more (no, i watched 4 zombies spawn into various buildings such as hangers, firehouse, sheds, and even barracks)

[NEW] Infected can't attack through walls (no they can and they run through them as well)

[NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more ( no pretty sure they can )

[NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you ( no i get chased through walls)

[NEW] Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds

[NEW] Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds (Can this be better defined?)

Just listing what iv found so far, don't take this as whining, just trying to help get bugs fixed.

How something like this could get through beta I don't know. I mean you had people test this right?

Beta? It's Alpha.

You're a tester. I test the build to see if its boots, and has basic functionality, then we pass it onto you. I developed for two days without sleep, I couldn't test a pillow for softness right now.

i just updated beta(93825)and dayz.1.7.1 and now im getting kicked instantly from every server? did i mess something up or have i somehow been given a ban?

EDIT - I MESSED UP NEVER MIND ME ILL JUST SILENTLY SKULK AWAY

1.7.1 Deer Stands' date=' Spawns & Zombies

On any deerstand, the zombies will now spawn with alarming alacrity. There will not only be the base three hunters/soldiers/policemen you find meandering around the base, you will potentially find six or nine.

On dispatching these, you will only be rewarded by their imminent respawn within at least the next two seconds, at which point they will proceed to immediately detect you with their newfound "spidey-senses" and chow down on your ass in overwhelming numbers.

My party and I chanced upon 2 survivors trapped in one such deerstand, surrounded by at least fifteen to twenty walkers, with more climbing the ladder and respawning every couple of seconds.

Our sharpshooter decided to put these survivors out of their misery with some well placed M24 rounds, but we were unable to loot the bodies or get near the deerstand without a crowd of twenty or so zombies appearing, and consistently reappearing every time more were downed. This, coupled with their recently acquired, and somewhat alarming prowess in detecting players, made them frankly unstoppable, and we were well equipped, a squad of four with silenced M4A1s, an M24 and a Mk48.

Can anybody confirm?

[/quote']

Confirmed. Play during the night, they can't see you (you need to make noise for them to see you). I'm protesting daylight play. I'm going to lose my character that has a M4A3 and MP5SD if I don't play during the night. I will say though, the loot is amazing now.

How something like this could get through beta I don't know. I mean you had people test this right?

Beta? It's Alpha.

You're a tester. I test the build to see if its boots' date=' and has basic functionality, then we pass it onto you. I developed for two days without sleep, I couldn't test a pillow for softness right now.

[/quote']

I edited that post to clarify what I meant, time stamp says before you posted your reply, so I'm not just changing my posts.

Then get some sleep. You are a dev, not a tester. WE don't sleep. You are suppose to be making a great game, and with it you should be working hard, but also relaxing. We perform our best when we are alive, not when we are the walking dead.

1.7.1 Deer Stands' date=' Spawns & Zombies

Can anybody confirm?

[/quote']

Confirmed. Play during the night, they can't see you (you need to make noise for them to see you). I'm protesting daylight play. I'm going to lose my character that has a M4A3 and MP5SD if I don't play during the night. I will say though, the loot is amazing now.

I went to three stands and while I can confirm that the population of zeds is much higher now, I crawled up to each, climbed the ladder, looted them and climbed down without anyzed the wiser ... YMMV ... and mine may the next time of course :-/

Joe

Rocket, there's simply no other game like this. Thank you so much, I applaud you for trying the no weapon spawn. It's just a brilliant idea, now people will be much more inclined to use teamwork. Get some sleep buddy you deserve it, cheers.

Is it safe to wear camo's and ghillie suits now? I'd hate to wear the ghillie suit I have and spawn in the ocean, again.

Rocket, just go to sleep. This will all be here tomorrow once you wake up. Don't worry about it for now. At least if you give it some time you'll have more of an idea of what's wrong with the patch. Nothing you can do now when you can barely see straight code lines.

Played it for about 2 hours and loving it. Teaming up with strangers is way better now. Zombies are relentless, me and my little group of survivors ran from building to building and they kept just swarming in through all openings.

Rocket' date=' just go to sleep. This will all be here tomorrow once you wake up. Don't worry about it for now. At least if you give it some time you'll have more of an idea of what's wrong with the patch. Nothing you can do now when you can barely see straight code lines.

[/quote']

I agree with this. Worry about it later. At least you got the patch out for people to test.

I developed for two days without sleep' date=' I couldn't test a pillow for softness right now.

[/quote']

do not put that much you-know-what into your nose,it's bad hmkay?

I seem to be getting more FPS problems with the new patch, but I'm not entirely sure they're caused by the server. I mean, they're definitely caused by DayZ (all other games and Arma2 are just fine), but I seem to be able to fix it by restarting my game a couple of times (doesn't work on first try).

Rocket' date=' just go to sleep. This will all be here tomorrow once you wake up. Don't worry about it for now. At least if you give it some time you'll have more of an idea of what's wrong with the patch. Nothing you can do now when you can barely see straight code lines.

[/quote']

I agree with this. Worry about it later. At least you got the patch out for people to test.

Agreed.

I know that I won't have to much trouble with no weapon at start. I have the game controls down and know where to go and what to do, but new players may not enjoy the beginning enough to be interested in the long term if its to hard for starting out.

I wouldn't want the mods popularity to drop. I want to see this get much bigger.

Played now for 10 min, was in castle Zub and found like 10x 2nd round slugs for the M1101 (or something), but nothing for winchester... it isnt possible to use this slugs in winchester right? Nice update, i love the hardcore feeling that if you now die, you have really a big problem....

The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working, hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.

Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.

*sigh*

I logged out and said "this is unplayable right now"

Sorry rocket. =\

Very cool with the no weapon spawn in but damn....come on...a knife or an axe....or a damn stick you pick up? haha.

I did in fact lose a huge horde of zombies, which is way cool. But the zombies are just...so....uber.

Like the freaking zerg.

First, thanks for fixing things like zombies attacking through walls: that was super annoying. I'm not so crazy about spawning with no food, drink, nor weapon, but oh well, we'll see how it goes. I do wish new characters could spawn with an in-game map. You know most of us are using alt-tab to check a map elsewhere, so what's the harm. It's cool to figure out where you are using a map and landmarks, and getting around that way.