rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

I'll find them on your cold dead corpse DemonGroover...

---also...man Silenced weapons are the best thing in the world now haha..found an mp5 sd...my god has it saved my bacon 10fold already

If the zombies are going to be this fucking ridiculous then their numbers need to be cut down a bit. Also if I run into a building to hide they all end up clogging up the exit door and just stand there for eternity instead of saying "fuck it, he is gone" and walking back out of the building. It wouldn't have been a bad thing BUT I HAD NO WEAPON! lol, it was an interestingly terrifying experience, but a little to ridiculous to the point of unplayable.

www.armaholic.com

One of the community websites hosting anything and everything ArmA2. You thought DayZ was good? Well' date=' it is just the top of the iceberg.

You can download missions, vehicles, addons, even other total conversions. And it's all FREE!

Run by foxhound who also happens to be a cool guy

[/quote']

Thanks for reminding people what ArmA really is, a game opened to any kind of mission, including DayZ.

... games are for fun not to have me angry and yelling at a fucking screen.

that should be the deal. now it is just a fcked up game. i will quit.

One thing that is better is that teamwork and tactics as well as communication to survive any length of time.

Proper tactics and communication is now nearly required to make it out of starting zones.

=============================================================================

Down side is any gun shots will attract EVERY zombie in whatever town you are near, and zombies seem to continually respawn more so now than ever. Was just at NW Airfield in the South Barracks and shot once with an AK and 100+ zombies came in just from what I killed alone and we still had more swarming. This killed all 3 of us who all had good weapons and food and blood bags. Zombies were hitting through the walls of the barracks, many spawned inside on our arrival, etc.

It seems to punish players for killing ANYTHING at all. It is now a game of crawl on your belly to collect gear you can not use.

Where the game was previously better to play During the Day time until NVG's were acquired, I feel that is no longer the case. Zombies see you in the day time no matter your speed or stance of movement. It appears that the LOS changes have totally caused the Eyes & Ears feature of the game to be null and void.

Night time is the only time to run ops, or even move for that matter.

LOSing zeds during the day so far has not caused them to stop following me. If they even bother to pause, they just pick right back up chasing me and easily catch up.

... games are for fun not to have me angry and yelling at a fucking screen.

that should be the deal. now it is just a fcked up game. i will quit.

Agreed... plz fix it... i spent 30$ to play just this mod lol

A couple of issues:

- M4A1 CCO and AKM are definitely weaker. It takes a minimum of two shots to kill a zed now. This was not the case in 1.7. A M1911/Revolver is now your best option at close range, in every situation.

- Zombies are respawning way too quickly. It feels very much like 1.5.8, except the new zombies are more difficult in nearly every way.

Hey TonyStarks! How do you think a heart beating sound when you point at someone is realistic simulation of real life? Are you some sort of simulation design king? Really I think this crowd sourced system of content creation, in alpha no less where the basic mechanics are ironed out, is really going to fuck things up in the long run, because as with all things that happen this way, the idiots shout the loudest and common sense gets drowned out.

im trapped in a deer stand with about 80 around me' date=' a few of them figured out how to climb ladders and im low on ammo and no smoke. also i am finding it very hard to get loot from barns and such because i sneak all the way across a field just to get to the door and find 4 more inside looking right at me, now i either have to run all the way across the field and try to lose 20 zeds or kill them all and be held up in a barn till someone else comes and atracts there attention. i like the old zombies :(

[/quote']

"OMG Alpha, OMG easy mode, blah blah blah"

You might as well quit now, the amount of people who ride Rockets **** means he doesn't see much of this criticism because you will have pages and pages of people bashing you and you will get buried.

^ I agree with this a whole lot. People need to chill.

Just shot 11 zombies at a huntingtower, it started with 4 and a new one popped up when one was killed, i could probably stayd there and shot zed's until i'm out of rounds, as they spawn when one is killed, but i logged out for not using all my rounds

anyways a funny story. i spawned in next to a town saw a big building ran into it scavenged a couple chem lights and other little goodies crouched in a corner behind some boxes because i had to take a piss and when i came back there was a guy trying to go through my pack. so i turn around to see what was going on and the took off out the building and immediately had 5 zombies chasing him so he ran into a little shack with windows and he couldnt get the door closed in time and all i see are these zombies pounding away at this guy, karma is a bitch :)

Man, half the people who have installed this patch can't play it. Could we get a fix ASAP please?

Man' date=' half the people who have installed this patch can't play it. Could we get a fix ASAP please?

[/quote']

Half? Where you get this info from?

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.

[/quote']

:O epic!

"- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch"

Can u please be more specific, which beta patch arma 2 beta patch or arma 2 OA beta? Forgive me i just installed the arma 2 OA beta patch the other day and im wondering if i need to get the arma 2 one or if they do the same, thanks.

TheLegendOfMart - my comment was tongue in cheek - of course bandits wont stop the senseless killing - they just wont be getting any beans for their effort. For a change they may have to loot for themselves to get some supplies, and their own goddamn beans!

anyways a funny story. i spawned in next to a town saw a big building ran into it scavenged a couple chem lights and other little goodies crouched in a corner behind some boxes because i had to take a piss and when i came back there was a guy trying to go through my pack. so i turn around to see what was going on and the took off out the building and immediately had 5 zombies chasing him so he ran into a little shack with windows and he couldnt get the door closed in time and all i see are these zombies pounding away at this guy' date=' karma is a bitch :)

[/quote']

Haha, nice. I'm honestly surprised he didn't just shoot you. Maybe he thought you were one of those bodies that sometimes are standing even though they're dead.

Can only join servers will 1.7.0 with 1.7.1 but i cant join 1.7.1 it only says bad version....

Any information given if there's a fix for the "spawn in the sea when putting clothes on" - bug?

I also want to know this' date=' found a guilly suit.. and i dont dare to put it on :) THis game makes me happy, you now must think twice before you loose a shot middle of a town, hehe

[hr']

Can only join servers will 1.7.0 with 1.7.1 but i cant join 1.7.1 it only says bad version....

Also updated to latest ARMA-BETA?

Updating ARMA:

Go to: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Get latest patch, install it.

The rest, use this tool:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5797

It will update the Dayz-mod automatic.

Now you can play, have fun!

I give up.

You are making this game ridiculously hard every patch' date=' I realise you are going for an "anti-game" but you are destroying all the fun to be had.

Give it a goddamn rest with changing the mechanics every patch.

[/quote']

I think I love you.