rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

C'mon Rocket you tired troll, go get some sleep already and stop trolling left and right :D

P.S. tnx for the work \o/

Was just playing for awhile. I was still being attack through walls sometimes, but I was able to actually shake some zombies off of me by zig zagging through buildings which was great. Only problem there is by sprinting through a town to get rid of zombies...I was picking up more zombies lol.

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.

[/quote']

<3

My wife is yelling at me while we play that she can't see shit at night. Any thoughts on the gamma/darkness at the moment?

Honestly it isn't something I have looked at' date=' as the Beta is in flux (obviously) and once the BIS changes are stable I will take a look at them.

I'll talk to Dwarden though, I believe he has been looking at some settings to make it work great.

Don't ask me for relationship advice, I'm 31 and single. I go clubbing and I have a cleaner.

[/quote']

YAY! A comment on it (more about the damn night again, but the tone mapping fucks with everything day as well)! I wanted to play for a bit to test this shit out a bit longer than I did ( I tried I really did!), but I just couldn't take it...bleh...been watching the BIS thread though. Hopefully they, you or who the fuck ever ( :p ) can get something worked out. No worries. It'll get done when it get's done. I'll chill until it does.

Apparently people are having issues finding 1.71 files. It was posted multiple times in this thread and here it comes again

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Oh there it is! :heart:

How in the fuck do I get ArmA II to run on the beta patch in conjunction with DayZ? I keep re-reading the readme' date=' but frankly, somebody at BI has a very poor grasp on the English language.

[/quote']

Download and use the SIX Launcher http://dayzmod.com/su.php :)

Performance is better. Zombie animations are nicer, particularly the monkey zombies, scared me when i saw one running down a very dark road.

I am still getting hit through walls by zeds though. :/ And they still find a way to walk through walls as well.

Works well for me and I love the new features, makes the game hardcore as it was intended to be! People will actually try to avoid zombies at all costs and think twice before shooting in towns. And spawning with absolutely nothing to defend with is just great as well! Good job!

Most important update from the build notes:

* Raytracing doesn't work so well inside some buildings at the moment so interiors will ignore raytracing

Hence, inside you can be hit through walls. By next update I should have this fixed.

* Raytracing doesn't work so well inside some buildings at the moment so interiors will ignore raytracing

Hence' date=' inside you can be hit through walls. By next update I should have this fixed.

[/quote']

Any ETA for that?

lol. im up and running. pre patch i was out in the middle of the woods. logged in, and all was good. after walking for a while i see a barn. decide to raid it. got in no problem.... then things went to hell. one zombie was on second floor. i shot him with my trust 1911.... too easy. then it started...... wave after nonstop wave of zombies start flooding in! im trapped on the second floor. went through 5 mags for the 1911, and my two bolts for my beloved crossbow. ran up to the third floor to delay the inevitable, and found a double barrel shotty and 3 piles of ammo... so 6 more shots down on the heads of the wave of flesh pressing up toward me..... lol out of ammo so i jumped. got eaten. 34 zeds killed in under 2 mins, and the dang barn was still covered up with walkers! i dont know what this farm was, but in this version, i left a lot of compost before diving in the pile myself!

tldr: lots of zeds, many many kills, dead man and loving this version!

Hence' date=' inside you can be hit through walls. By next update I should have this fixed.

[/quote']

Thanks for the information. Overall a good update. I appreciate all the hard work and sacrifice you are dedicating for this mod.

How in the fuck do I get ArmA II to run on the beta patch in conjunction with DayZ? I keep re-reading the readme' date=' but frankly, somebody at BI has a very poor grasp on the English language.

[/quote']

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38340497&postcount=6612

This guide has yet to fail me or anyone else I've recommended it to.

Much appreciated, managed to get her running just fine - though I have to say the level of jerry-rigging that goes into just getting the mod to run properly, now, is wearisome. This will be a nightmare to explain to any new friends I bring to the game.

Good shit:

# New zombie sounds and animations are great - some of the new noises are disturbing, haha!

# Starting without a weapon will make things much more interesting, although I suspect it won't change much for experienced players, and will be brutal on absolute newbs. But whatever, they need to be scared, killed and taught a lesson early...

# Game runs smoother than before. My frame-rate seemed much better.

# More zombies! And spawning away from buildings, seemingly, too. Keeps the player on edge, even out in the sticks!

Bad shit:

# Zombies can see/hear TOO far. I'm up for their senses being increased over what it was in 1.7.0, but seems excessive now. They're supposed to be zombies - stupid, instinctual, easy to deal with in low numbers, but with the capacity to fuck you up if you get careless, especially amongst numbers. Whilst a fan of Romero-style zombies too, I can deal with the fact they run in DayZ as it makes it more difficult, more interesting.

But the infected seem like undead super soldiers now, with super senses to match. The changes to crouch run visibility only compound this further.

---

I'm sure I, and most players, will adapt. Hell, it's part of the fun, and poses a challenge most, again, will relish. But the new zombie senses buff has gone slightly too far, in my opinion.

So not sure if it's me or not, but every server I join, I spawn in a completely open area with no trees, water, zombies, or buildings ANYWHERE. It's a completely barren wasteland.

This did not happen before updating.

The steps I took:

(Using this video:

)

1. I installed the beta patch using the exe.

2. I linked to the beta patch in Arma II Launcher.

3. I re-installed DayZ by deleting @DayZ and downloading six updater again.

As a matter of fact, I joined a server and there were about 40 people in this wasteland with me not moving at all. I was able to loot all of their bodies, so I don't know wtf is going on.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Just a minor request,

Can you add the "Affected Files" section to the changelog.txt on the SWE and DE mirrors?