rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

I like the new update easier to get away from zombies. I spawned was at the edge of the map come to a small town. Kill a few zeds no more come after me, then hear a ton of zombies. Go over to this building see zombies in the windows and outside. Go inside shoot them all find a newb players dead body RIP. Then I get the zombies to come after me 30 minutes later have over 50 zombie kills. I already had a winchester, and the starter pistol from before the update. And now I have a barbwire fence over 50+ zombie kills, and a shit load of coke. Oh do I love me some coke.

I'm stuck in the debug "desert". No way out. Tried different servers, tried reconnecting. I hope I'm not stuck here for the entire patch.

So far I must say I'm liking the changes. No starter weapon adds allot to the mod. Also makes dying harsher, an getting back to where you were equipment wise more challenging.

Zed wise noticed a few things. Didn't really noticed the whole zeds spots ya from 30m's an a whole swarm attacks. I did think there vision seemed a little keener though, but for the extra sneaky not really a problem. I like that they are now dangerous(actually a threat), got knocked on my ass by a small group of them( and I had sidearm an prime-.-)

all in all I like the changes quite allot.

Only things i did notice is the FPS is still sluggin 12-21 avg(Use to be 40+ b41.6). over 3severs an about2hrs of gameplay. Also froze on loading screen 3times.

This update makes the game rather unplayable. Not very fun anymore.

Unplayable.. I certainly played for a good 2 hours, died 4 times but so what? Now i actually know that i need to be careful AND first time i really felt connection to the players. Didn't need to shoot or get shot. What's not to like?

Only thing that is lacking is the melee or pushing but like we all should already know this is ALPHA which got a very good patch.

Btw Rocket, Was the guy who died in elektro? I am pretty sure i saw someone named rocket before i joined the game.

when i finnaly made it to get into the town without a gun a guy ran into me with a big horde of zombies

:( its really hard to start now

I think a good balance like I said earlier is double the length of time it take for your food/water meter to run out.

Thanks Rocket, for making this completely unplayable. Not only are the zombies stronger, they respawn INSTANTLY. Holy mother of God. I was at a deer stand and killed TWELVE zombies, and guess what? They JUST KEPT COMING!! A deer stand? Really? Just went unconscious because after crawling back to the deer stand (proned I might add), a crawler is crawling right towards me through a bush. BAM. Instant recognition of me. This is a deer stand. Why is there instant zombie spawn on deer stands? Is there instant change of loot spawn? Cause they are more powerful, see from farther distances, and the crawlers are impossible to shoot in the head once they are running. This is madness. I think I might just stick with 1.7 for now, wait till the time for life expectancy goes below 25 minutes and let you figure out how dramatic of a difference this is.

Why don't they go away? That's it really. That's my main problem. If I kill three zombies at a deer stand, that should be it. But now they just keep coming...

Come on. I know I'm filled with emotion, but this isn't fair. Seriously.

Thanks for trying out the no weapons at spawn thing. Cool beans. Will check it out in like half an hour. Keep on rockin

Is it just me or is the global chat gone? I only have direct, vehicle, and group. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks Rocket' date=' for making this completely unplayable. Not only are the zombies stronger, they respawn INSTANTLY. Holy mother of God. I was at a deer stand and killed TWELVE zombies, and guess what? They JUST KEPT COMING!! A deer stand? Really? Just went unconscious because after crawling back to the deer stand (proned I might add), a crawler is crawling right towards me through a bush. BAM. Instant recognition of me. This is a deer stand. Why is there instant zombie spawn on deer stands? Is there instant change of loot spawn? Cause they are more powerful, see from farther distances, and the crawlers are impossible to shoot in the head once they are running. This is madness. I think I might just stick with 1.7 for now, wait till the time for life expectancy goes below 25 minutes and let you figure out how dramatic of a difference this is.

Why don't they go away? That's it really. That's my main problem. If I kill three zombies at a deer stand, that should be it. But now they just keep coming...

Come on. I know I'm filled with emotion, but this isn't fair. Seriously.

[/quote']

Yea I've had instances of them spawning right in front of me at the deer stand and there seems to be a shitload there.

Is it just me or is the global chat gone? I only have direct' date=' vehicle, and group. Anyone else having this problem?

[/quote']

That is a beta feature, it depends on server settings. I don't like it without global chat, I'd rather have it as a choice for the player than for the server.

Edit: Note that Direct actually works in the ArmA 2 beta :D

So not sure if it's me or not' date=' but every server I join, I spawn in a completely open area with no trees, water, zombies, or buildings ANYWHERE. It's a completely barren wasteland.

This did not happen before updating.

The steps I took:

(Using this video:

)

1. I installed the beta patch using the exe.

2. I linked to the beta patch in Arma II Launcher.

3. I re-installed DayZ by deleting @DayZ and downloading six updater again.

As a matter of fact, I joined a server and there were about 40 people in this wasteland with me not moving at all. I was able to loot all of their bodies, so I don't know wtf is going on.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

You have been in the debug area. This happens sadly but has nothing to do with the Beta, the SIX Launcher or your DayZ files, but with some database fuckup.

Looting the guys in the debug area is not allowed and will get you banned for one week.

Try this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9195

Cheers

No weapon? Rocket, I LOVE U MAN ^_^ It's awesome idea. Now u shouldn't worry about shooting or get shot. Now i can feel player connection and teamwork in spawn zones.

Is it just me or is the global chat gone? I only have direct' date=' vehicle, and group. Anyone else having this problem?

[/quote']

That is a beta feature, it depends on server settings. I don't like it without global chat, I'd rather have it as a choice for the player than for the server.

Edit: Note that Direct actually works in the ArmA 2 beta :D

Thanks for the answer. What does direct do?

Now i can feel player connection and teamwork in spawn zones.

Certainly that was my experience in the first 40minutes I played of the new update, on a fresh character.

So not sure if it's me or not' date=' but every server I join, I spawn in a completely open area with no trees, water, zombies, or buildings ANYWHERE. It's a completely barren wasteland.

This did not happen before updating.

The steps I took:

(Using this video:

)

1. I installed the beta patch using the exe.

2. I linked to the beta patch in Arma II Launcher.

3. I re-installed DayZ by deleting @DayZ and downloading six updater again.

As a matter of fact, I joined a server and there were about 40 people in this wasteland with me not moving at all. I was able to loot all of their bodies, so I don't know wtf is going on.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

You have been in the debug area. This happens sadly but has nothing to do with the Beta, the SIX Launcher or your DayZ files, but with some database fuckup.

Looting the guys in the debug area is not allowed and will get you banned for one week.

Try this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9195

Cheers

I had no idea I could get banned. In fact, I wasn't even sure looting was even possible. :S

Either way, I'll take the ban if need be, but I'd rather not since I've never been to this area before and haven't played this mod that much.

Certainly that was my experience in the first 40minutes I played of the new update' date=' on a fresh character.

[/quote']

It was not mine. I just felt like I didn't have enough time to "find" fun. I really liked the previous version. Sorry, but this really isn't very fun. Time requirement to even start is way to high, for little gain. Especially when death comes so quick. It was simply, better balanced game play the way it was set up before.

I'm a server admin...but I have no clue where to get the dayz_server.pbo file. I gave Tonic RCP access but since that crapfest the other week we were told to change our pwd.

Can a dev PM me the details so I can get that file and update it? Thanks.

Certainly that was my experience in the first 40minutes I played of the new update' date=' on a fresh character.

[/quote']

Yeeeeah, that what i wanted so f**n much :3 Cheers, mate.

Thanks for the answer. What does direct do?

Direct Channel is a proximity chat. It bridges up to 30 meters or so. It also is directional (so you will hear players speaking to your right if their character is on your head's 3 o'clock).

[/quote']

My experience was like "Fuck you dont bring to me the zombies"

No offense :P that was just my feeling... I hope we can get pistols a bit more easy

Got to point this out

Zombies can attach through walls still. was in a little booth and getting hit through the walls. Also, when I was in the barracks at NW Airfield, a zombie came through the wall and hit me. He didn't go through the door.

Other than that, seems zombies get agro extremely easily now...