rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Hey rocket......get some sleep man. you really do deserve it.

We are bitching alot, but you'll fix it.

I want my Mp5SD6 back by the way that was taken away by glitch hehe

I know that I won't have to much trouble with no weapon at start. I have the game controls down and know where to go and what to do' date=' but new players may not enjoy the beginning enough to be interested in the long term if its to hard for starting out.

I wouldn't want the mods popularity to drop. I want to see this get much bigger.

[/quote']

We don't have to worry about this. New players will love the game, because when they find a weapon... they are rocking. Games nowadayz are soft and to easly so that every player can play it. Dayz can't be soft and easy.... it should be a pain in the ass to survive and you must cry when you die. Also it must be frustrate but also maxmimum hapiness when find a weapon for example. I think with these new functions days will be played with more carefully (like when approicing hotspots etc). I don't know if the heartbeat sensor will help, because the game is also harder. Players won't die now and shoot anyway...

But if you see a player with no gun, its also fun to help them out....

The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working' date=' hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.

Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.

[/quote']

Go to bed.

Edit: Just saying, at least 8 of those hours better be sleeping.

Hey Rocket, I just wanted to say this is one the best update so far but I think there are some fps issues from what i've been experiencing. Great job keep it up man...and get some sleep XD.

Updated, found server logged in hit up a deer stand....Died to endless wave of zombies and uber bitch slap lol. Respawned on chernogorsk shore aggroed some zombies and climbed a building like a baby. Climbeb down and sneaky away from them. Watched several people run down the middle of the street with zombie horde on a quest for protagonist pie.

Aggroing zombies is easier but losing them is easy too. Better FPS, more hectic playing, and the people I run into i don't even try to shoot now because I am far more worried about the zeds. Harder game but not impossible and very very fun :D

LOVE YOU ROCKET!

Man i cant wait to get home from work to try this out now ....

I shouldent be working on fathers day anyway. :)

Aye, rocket get some sleep, if you havn't already. We understand, in rocket we trust, after all.

We know you and the team will get it done as soon as humanly possible. Love the direction this has taken, I died shortly after the patch with some sick gear, and I LOVE it. I love a challenge.:heart:

Little upset with this patch. I know rocket has recognized a zombie spawn timer issue on large servers. I dont get why he increased the visibility of players and made it be head(eye) movement instead of body direction. The zombies heads are cocked sideways and they wobble back and forth. it is almost impossible to see what direction they are looking now that you cant even get close enough. I thought body direction was good enough, and stealth games such as splinter cell demonstrate that concept works perfectly. I have been alive for about 24 hours and within 5 minutes of patch I died (2 month veteran player) thats a little extreme in my opinion.

--- I was also hoping for a more smooth zombie motion capture. Seems like the mo-cap was just altered not changed.. I know its the alpha, but I play a lot of FPS, and damn these zombies zig and zag way too much to enjoy especially with arma's action system lacking.

tl;dr: Waiting on hotfix to play again :(

1 deerstand spawned 15 zombies on me in 1 minute. 15 day survival gone.

Zombies can see through terrain, zombies still spawn in front of you.... anyone actually test anything before release?

Aye' date=' rocket get some sleep, if you havn't already. We understand, in rocket we trust, after all.

[/quote']

WhoTF is 'we'... speak for yourself mate.

I love it!! On US 26, I ran into several players who recently respawned and were trying to make it to a town for supplies. (To the player named Jordan, if you read this send me a PM, I owe you some loot.) I ran around with just my 'torch' for 30 minutes, then found a crossbow.

Feeling a bit ballsy with my new weapon, I decide to head for Balota. On my way found a dead survivor who was loaded with an AKM, 4 mags, and 2 frags! I'm not sure how he died with that much loot, and right outside a barn too. I still went to Balota to see what else I could scrounge up, found another dead player, relieved him of his Czech pack, map, compass, binocs, etc., and AKM mags.

I did manage to see someone else running around the air field, we announced ourselves as friendly and moved on. So far the few players I have run into have been 'friendlier'. Is this just my luck, or has anyone else seen the same?

hmm. changes good in theory, but in the end a little extreme imho.

Looks like its time to uninstall Arma again.

*Waves*

Have fun playing something else that has an easy mode. For each person that leaves, 10 more will come to this mod.

I can't wait to see the player count when Arma 2 has another deal on Steam.

Should make it so Makarovs spawn, and if they already do, make it so the are MUCH more common...

Also need to figure out a way to fix the damn flashlights having a mind of their own!

Otherwise nice patch, even though I was playing it in the pitch black it was nice, never thought I was be so happy to find flares lol.

So when 1.7.1 rolled out I logged in and found myself not where I logged out. I was in a Forrest and I couldnt use any equipment I had in inventory such as chem lights to light up the area. I was also receiving a waypoint marker. Anyone else get this?

Been waiting for this patch like a kid for christmas. Changelog seems really really good. I love the 5 sec timer. It would have helped in many occasions. I hate disconnecters. Today they gonna cry like babys.

So when 1.7.1 rolled out I logged in and found myself not where I logged out. I was in a Forrest and I couldnt use any equipment I had in inventory such as chem lights to light up the area. I was also receiving a waypoint marker. Anyone else get this?

That's called the debug forest. :P

Simply click Abort - Disconnect - Disconnect and then Okay once you are in the class selection screen and try again.

Looks like its time to uninstall Arma again.

*Waves*

Have fun playing something else that has an easy mode. For each person that leaves' date=' 10 more will come to this mod.

I can't wait to see the player count when Arma 2 has another deal on Steam.

[/quote']

Why do you idiots always assume that if someone doesn't like the difficulty then they must like 'easy mode', this mod goes from one extreme to the other, its either easy or ridiculously hard.

There was nothing wrong with the zombies in 1.7.0 other than the fact that they could see and walk through walls.

The double barrel shotgun should have a "suicide" mode. It would be a faster version of the regular mode.

With as loud as it is and the fact that ammo only comes in stacks of 2, you'll be doing good to kill all the zombies that the first shot is going to agro.

Ideally we should be able to carry a box of like 15 shells and the gun would reload, 2 rounds at a time, from there. Alternatively do the ammo boxes and mod in a "create magazine" function (for shotguns only) that splits off new shell stacks, 2 at a time, from the box.

im trapped in a deer stand with about 80 around me, a few of them figured out how to climb ladders and im low on ammo and no smoke. also i am finding it very hard to get loot from barns and such because i sneak all the way across a field just to get to the door and find 4 more inside looking right at me, now i either have to run all the way across the field and try to lose 20 zeds or kill them all and be held up in a barn till someone else comes and atracts there attention. i like the old zombies :(