The town of staroye was silent, with a silence that would not last. I crept along a house wall keeping quiet and staying frosty. the sound that pierced the silence wasnt a shot or a groan, but a cough. Soon i saw a man dart from a house and the zeds were on him. With the help of two others they put down the small hoard that showed up. As they sat on the road below me at about 20-50 meters, something dark rose up in me. They had good equipment, equipment i would need if i was to meet up with my friends. With out thinking i raised my CZ 550, and fired. There leader dropped, and more zeds showed up, the other two put down the zeds and one ran down the hill. I lined up and shot the seconfld man in the back. A moment later the third man came back to help, he took a bullet to the head. Now i head south, with a heavy heart full lf guilt, and a heavy backpack, full of gear, ammo and supplies.

I love this idea of stories, and i must say this is the MOST engaging game i have ever played. I love the idea of this mod.

I started my day in Krustoy cap on the SW coast. Having a map open on my other screen i was able to get my bearings immediately, it was night; so i found the big dipper, and then the north star (kudos on the celestial aspect). I made my way to msta, but i had spawned with no backpack or painkillers (basically everything thats awesome) and only had a couple bandages and makarov mags.

I got into trouble in Msta and ended up with only two rounds of ammo and began running around trying not to die just south of msta when i see a deer stand. about 7 Zeds were on me when i reached the stand, this is all while someone was watching me from the forest line. I got to the deer stand and low and behold was a grip of makarov mags. So i finished off all the zeds and made my way outta there.

I went from a state of hopelessness to utter relief when i found that stash. Had a great time afterwards exploring and replenishing supplies, and ended up traveling about 30km conserving ammo, doin the "sneak" and surviving!...

After i had hit up the NE airfield (still with no backpack) I ran all the way down the coast to electro. but during this whole excursion i was low on food and water; and i began pondering whether to hunt and kill another survivor, mainly for the backpack and hopefully some meds. The thoughts went through my head, and i decided i would see if i could bait someone, or luck out and see some new spawn run with a flare. after passing through about 3 coastal cities seeing survivors...following, tracking...HUNTING. MY Pulse raised as i'm training in on them, and after a few seconds... i put down the gun and moved to a better kill zone. It was then that I heard flies buzzing and saw 2 bodies. I inspected them and HOLY SHIT! The entire reason i had considered taking a survivors life was that he had a pack and i didnt. The two bodies had some food for me but most importantly, was the backpack! I nabbed the alice pack and all the gear i needed, and abandoned my hunt of that survivor, and made for the hills... Survivor, you are lucky, and i lived a long life after that with a clean conscience.

I come from a background of being a volunteer search and rescue member in washington, and am well versed in land navigation. and i gotta say one of the most enjoyable parts of this game is learning/finding/knowing where you are at, and finding interesting routes through the wilderness...goes to show ya that a map is one of the most important items in real life or this game, when it comes to this sort of situation.

• Like 2

So there a was on top of the electro hospital collecting my medical supplies. I flipped on the radio (Side Chat) and announced that im in the area and am giving out medical service to anyone in need. I hear a voice on the radio requesting for help. He said his friend was injured and needed a blood transfusion. He soon after gave me a description of his location and marked it with a bright flare. I told him to sit still and try not to attract any unwanted attention, and to give me the best possible description of the area. Moments later I hear gunshots in the distance. It sounds like a heavy firefight. I hear the same voice on the radio (same dude on side chat.) stating that zombies where flooding the building they where held out in. I turn the corner to see the flare marking their position in the distance. I rush as quickly as i can towards the building. Suddenly the flare goes out and on the radio all i hear is a frantic voice. All i could make out was that they where being overwhelmed. Suddenly the gunshots cease as i approach the building. I run into the building to take out the remaining zombies. In the back of the room there they lay... The voice on the radio, with his buddy brutally torn apart and eaten by the zombies.... I was too late.... :(

(True story, it honestly gave me a real sense of depression)

First Encounter

Very first time playing Day-Z.

I can hear waves crashing somewhere behind me, the treeline is visible against the night sky but apart from that it's pitch black.

I slowly familiarize myself with the basic controls, and spend 10 minutes running around in the darkness and getting nowhere. I can see people chatting but have to bring up the menu to find out how to talk. Some helpful people give me the information I need. Now that the communication problem is solved I ask how to use flares.

I quickly throw 4 all around me, realize I am hopelessly lost on the edge of a forest and an open plain. I figure out how to use the mouse scroll and pick up a flare and find my way to a road.

I type in sidechat: "I'm running down the middle of the road with a flare"

I keep running for a few minutes until I see the silhouette of a building. I also hear some shots popping off and a flare is laying on the ground closer to the building. I drop my flare so I can sneak up, I've read about bandits and zombies and I'm already tense since it's my 1st time playing.

As soon as I drop the flare 2 zombies charge me. I react quickly and throw a flare at them.

They start attacking me, and I realise I have to cycle my weapon to my pistol. I pull it out and hastily empty two clips into them. Thank god the reload button is default 'R'.

I'm pumped up over my first zombie kills, when I hear a moan and a zombie crawls out of the grasses to the side of the road. I put it down. One of the 1st zombies is pulling itself towards me. I'm freaking out cause I HATE zombies (but I love watching the movies cause it freaks me out). I put it down for good.

I realise I'm not in a safe position and duck off to the side of the road and lay down in the grass just as two more zombies appear and head towards the flare.

I'm slowly edging around them, trying to decide if I want to shoot them or continue on when suddenly and suprisingly a voice comes on over the microphone;

"Hey, sup?"

I start typing a response into chat when a man streaks past me running down the road, followed closely by about 10 zombies. I try to weigh up the pros and cons. Do I try to help or not?

I decide not to, I'm too green and I'll just get myself killed. I lay in the grass not 5 metres away from where the guy ran past.

One zombie veeres off and runs straight at me. It's too late, I have to act. I shoot it in the knees before I stand up.

Immediately I am mobbed by zombies and go down easily. This is my 1st time playing and my 1st death and it was awesome!

I think the other guy deliberately used me as a decoy but it was worth it lol!

I had a lousy day today, I had a makorov and a Lee enfield and was heading towards Benezia(the most nothern city along the coastline) However I aggro a few zeds and to survive I climb up a ladder up on a roof. on the roof I see that the area is full of zombies, I try to shoot the zombie that chased me earlier and hits, however now all other zombies reacted and started screaming and doing things. I stand on the roof watching how more and more zeds gather below me, waiting to take a bite. I started picking of zeds one by one as they stood below me, however the more I shoot the more come and soon I see that my ammo isnt going to be enough. I emptied my pistol and was at the last few rounds with my enfield, I could clearly see that there were still over 20 zeds below me, I had now about 60 kills(I had only killed 1/2 zeds earlier).

Despite the not so good odds I tell to myself that I need to escape, so I climbed down the ladder and started running, I got a few hits but thankfully I didnt start to bleed. so now I was running with atleast 20 zeds behind me.

I wish I could tell how this ended but I lost my connection in the middle of the chase.

Today I spawned as a new character after being killed by an unknown survivor and headed west to meet my buddies on our usual spot.

We have a building, it's ours, it belongs to us now in a way. It's the place where meet and decide where to head off each day.

Anyway, as I was going there I hear gunfire, at first Im scared but quickly I realize they are coming from a flare near the coast (it was late night, we were close to Cherno). I decide to investigate and I see a survivor running away with the flare in hand fighting off a single zombie.

He was firing like crazy, missing shots, not knowing how to get a good headshot, he was new.

I followed him close, my plan was to wait until the zed got him and take his food and bandages, Im not proud of it but you do what you have to do to survive.

The survivor finally managed to kill the zed, his flare had run out and as I approached him he surprisingly throws another one at my feet. I got scared and run off.

He then types in the chat "Guy by the flare, please come back, I need a buddy". I knew he wasn't lying. This guy was probably playing for the first or second time, he was new, inexperienced, he needed my help.

Instead, I decided to use stealth, got close to him undetected and finally I finished him off.

As I took his beans I said to myself "Welcome to Chernarus" and took off.

But as I headed back to my team his memory got stuck with me. He was alone in the dark, scared and hurt, he needed my help, my guidance and instead I killed him without even showing my face.

I felt terrible.

From that point on I've decided to never kill a survivor on the coast.

Im not confident enough to help them out just yet, I've been betrayed far too many times, but I will not ruin somebody's first time experience anymore.

And that's when it got me, why despite the server issues and constant frustrations I've stuck with this game for way more ours than many games I've paid twice as much:

DayZ made me feel something, I made me feel guilt, it made me feel ashamed of myself and most importantly it made these feelings so strong that it made me promise I would never do something like that again.

For that, I am thankful.

• Like 1

I was alone and low on supplies. Chernogorsk was closest and time was short - I would have to attempt a raid. I had made my way through the supermarket and church and picked up a few necessities, when I heard a horn outside. To my surprise, a bus had pulled up and seen me, and a group of survivors was inside. Against my better instincts I joined them, my loneliness outweighing my fears.

They pulled around towards the factories where the vehicle supplies were located. We were tasked to enter & clear, collect some equipment, then file out to the bus for a clean getaway. The best laid schemes of mice and men...

On extraction, we had quickly gathered outside, within the perimeter of the factory. We were about to make a swift exit when our driver fell to the floor, bleeding from his head. Immediately the group broke in all directions, sprinting to cover. Kneeling by the side of the factory, I prayed that I was out of sight of our assailant as I saw the other group members' epitaphs appear in global chat. I was answered with a round to the forehead.

Returning to the city, I avoided the factory and other danger zones. I had only a 1911 to my name, found in a barn along the tracks. My comrades fell a second time to the sniper: clean shots with no trace. They backed off - cutting their losses and heading for the hills. I would accept no such defeat. Scanning from afar, the skyline seemed void of activity, save the patrolling carrion crows scanning for prey. I edged closer, holding my breath and focussing intently on my surroundings. There. A speck of dust perched on the tallest factory roof.

I snuck my way past the infected as best I could, hoping not to fire my weapon. I made it to our place of slaughter; the sniper now firing at survivors to the East. Coming across a fallen comrade, I took a rifle from his still-warm clutch and pressed on, a shiver running up my spine. As I turned the corner a shot whistled past and struck the wall beside me. I burst into a sprint, zig-zagging to the base of the sniper's nest. Military infected pursued me at speed, relentless in their onslaught. With death above I turned to the corpses and sent them once more to their graves. Abominations that they were, there was still honour in their frontal assault. The murderer in the clouds deserved no such respect.

Fearing attention, I lay prone at the base of the tower, fearing to blink in case of movement. After an age of silence, a shot rung out from above. Another funeral in the East. The sniper was distracted. I began my ascent to the predator's eyrie; a ladder leading the way. At his platform I lay prone, rifle trained on the open doorway to his lair. A long steel barrel protruded, scrutinising the city below, searching for quarry. I froze, deafened by the sound of my booming heart. Had he seen me? The barrel disappeared and I breathed again. Why honour him with confrontation? I climbed the final ladder.

My senses heightened and my body shook from the violent pounding beats of my heart. Seconds became minutes and minutes became hours. At the roof of the fractured world of man, humanity and reason fragmented and a single purpose drove me: revenge. I knew not the man, nor my comrades for whom I fought, nor the swathes of walking dead I had put down to reach this point. Perhaps in time I would stand here once more, clothed in camouflage, my rifle aimed at those who still believe. Am I so different from this man, his rifle delivering his agenda in concise, uncompromised form; his solitude a manifestation of his fears and weaknesses? My rifle delivered the answer to the back of his skull. One reign of fear replaced with another. To the crows above, we all look the same.

• Like 1

yesterday after bug killed me I woke up at beach in kamenka. As i did not wanted to meet other survivors i moved up to Zelenogorsk. It was dark and there was rain but I was lucky there was not much of Zeds, on guard post near road i found AK47 with 3 clips - now I will survive every one what will come. Pased Pavlovo and entered Zelenogorsk - from previous trips I know there is a shop with some nice loots, i moved towards it and suddenly i was surounded by lots of Zombies. I manage to get to shop when Zeds started to attack me - they were around 30 .... that was not hard. I looted shop and thought to move forward, when suddanly car spawned near shop it was white "Volga" - i thought ok need to go check it but was not wery optimistic about it. Entered it and OMG its missing only one wheel every other things are there even 1/2 of oil .... JUST 1 WHEEL - i started to run around Zelenogorsk like mad - only one thing in mind wheel :) Went down to power plant and there is was, then some one in chat wrote that hes moving to zelenogorsk ..... geez I need to get back ASAP. I was runing like mad - when i get there Zeds were back too - f#@ them just runned throught them and in shop I killed them all again, runed out to car, made quick repairs and .... and yoohoo its working .....!!!!!! Ok now i need to go some were and save this car for repairs - every thing was in yellow state ... but my friends started to biching - come to Kamenka for us .... DAMN move to me better. On that i got answer - why I need car if im not wanting to drive it - after this I said ok run towards me I am driving for u. I started to drive it was most scarest thing in DayZ :D coz i know how other ppl wants a Car to and if some one will see me I will be killed. Till Pulkovo i had no problems but when i entered Pulkovo .... roadblocks everywere - I asked friend - were is he coz most propably i will die soon - he was near Pulkovo. I asked him to stay on road and started to drive around Pulkovo very slow (Volga is not fast in offroad). Passed it and driving towards Kamenka - were are u ?! I am almost at Kamneka already i dont see u ?! My friend asked - are u driving red LADA - it just passed me .... geez no I have white Volga - where are U ?! - Must be in Pulkovo he said ...... FA$# need to go back ... made 180 on whet road and drived back - was DARK like hell - even light did not helped much and rain was huge was MAD to my friend ...... BAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM - RED LADA come from nowere, my VOLGA exploded immediately i jumped out - and saw 3 survivors geting out of lada - i was almost dead and very MAD - started to shoot at them and got killed ....

THAT WAS HUGE CAR ACCIDENT DayZ - and i BET there are not lots of them - i was in one:)

So guys - if you ever find a car and its in yellow state - and you have friends in oposite side of map - better make them come to you -repair it, save it and then drive around with friends :)

• Like 1

I feel compelled to make this entry for his/her sake. This just shows that even though 99% of the community would like nothing more to put a bullet though you're head for "Shits 'n' Giggles".

A mix of blood and sweat poured down my forehead. Lying there, in the shadow of the green tent, trying to remain unseen by people and infected alike. My hands shook violently, leveling the blood stained M1911 on the entrance. My firearm was prone to jamming, days of unsettled nights without any form of maintenance, letting grit and blood stains alike jamming the grooves on the slide. Rolling my right shoulder became more effort each day, the weight of the empty rifle on back becoming heavier with each passing day. An assortment of chem lights and empty tin cans lay on the floor, wrappers of bandages as well.

Dawn broke though the military instillation, creating a looming shadow in front of the green tent. Footsteps could be hear, my head snapping left-to-right though the small, fabric windows. A lone figure stood but a few meters from mine, searching though one of biggest yet exposed tents inside Stary Sober. I knew my time had come. Soon he would search though the other tents and inevitably come and look inside. I had to act. Before my brain recognized my motive, I sprinted out of the tent and tried to take cover against the side of the tent, allowing me full view of the large tent and the occupant within. The figure appeared to be a man, equipped with military grade Kevlar and an automatic rifle similar to mine. Trying to remain out of view while retaining a sense of awareness in-case of a buddy, I stated,

"Hey?! You had better be friendly. I'll shoot if bear needed!"

The man turned around, showing the same motive as me and stated that he was friendly and just looking for some supplies. My eyes flickered, shaking violently behind the tent. I had nothing to loose. I emerged from behind the tent, mocking a half salute with my firearm drawn beside me. The figure crouch walked out of the large tent, his rifle pinned on my upper chest. That was it I thought. Lights down, curtains closed.

He saluted back. Momentarily bracing the stock of his rifle against his chest.

We talked quickly in the middle of the tent, trading some quick tips and enemy movement in the area. I asked for a blood transfusion. I had carried the blood back for a couple of days now, never finding someone I could trust to carry out the procedure. Minutes passed, the man now known as 'Cal' gently pricking the needle into my thin arm, letting the blood ooze down the thin tube into my bloodstream. My vision increased and the shakes began to stop. I hadn't felt better then this in days.

Pressing a cotton patch over my vein, we shared a quick glance and smile. We was about to part when I remembered my empty rifle slung over my shoulder, noting his rifle looked somewhat similar. I began to enquire, asking for a spare magazine to keep myself going. To my suprise, he reached into his pack and passed me two STAGNA magazines. That's when it happened.

He must have been sitting behind the hill, centering the reticle onto my friend just as he tried to pass me the magazines. Cal fell to the floor, the high caliber round piercing straight though the Kevlar, sending him sprawling to the floor. I remained still for a moment, frozen like a stone statue, watching as he lay still on the floor. Another shot rang out, directed directly towards me. The Chernarus God's must have been with me, the shot missing me by a few inches. Breaking into a sprint, I dived into the tent in-front of me, predicting where the sniper must have been. I begin to hear the growling of the infected grow close and the telltale tip-tap of a hoard of infected running over the loose concrete floor. Looking forward once more, seeing my died friend lying apparently died on the floor. I remained still, listening to the crack of the high caliber rifle fire off a couple more shots into Cal, directly in-front of me. I wanted to avenge him, run out guns blazing and get revenge on this bastard. But I didn't.

I lied there. Completely still.

A few minutes passed. A few more shots cracking from the sniper. I edged from the green tent, peeking around the corner and chuckled. The sniper had attracted a large horde of infected. The sniper weaved in-between the fifty of so zombies. Taking aim, I fired. I wanted him to suffer. He fell, the bullet striking directly into his kneecap, the infected roaring in glee as they surround the sniper.

No more shots where fired.

Checking my surroundings, I quickly checked on my dead friend. He was, of course, completely dead. Eyeing his equipment, I couldn't help but feel a sense of glee taking his equipment. Saluting my dead comrade and stating "o7 Friend. I avenged you, Son."

Such is the life in Chernarus.

• Like 3

This is a story i am starting that is written from the point of view of a survivor in the province Chernarus. i will release the parts one by one starting with the backstory of the survivor named Phil Leon, so here it is. (there is also a picture of the journal with the writing in it, its just for dramatic effect lol)

Back-Story

My Name is Phil Leon, And this is my story. On my way back to my hotel I noticed an old friend Joe who had moved here to Russia years ago. I pulled over to reminisce old times with him. He invited me back to his place for a drink. We joked and laughed about the old times in the corps. It left me speechless to find out our old commanding officer was dead from radioactive poisoning. He let me sleep at his place to save me an extra 4800 rubles. The next day him and his wife treated me to a breakfast at the fine Cafe Pushkin in Moscow. On the way back we stopped at Sgt. Steel's grave so I could say my goodbyes. I wanted to know more about what happened to him so I talked to Joe. He told me he used to work at a tourist attraction in a place called Chernobyl, where a nuclear reactor had exploded there. He said it was closed within hours. The sarge went there about a year ago to check the place out, he was always the adventurous one in the platoon, but he didn't come back. They sent a rescue team in. The team only found his lifeless body that had seemed to been eaten down, supposedly by radioactive bacteria, but Joe didn't seem to think so. I had taken my leave at Joes house and as I was saying goodbye to his family. He handed me a pager and said, "if this goes off, go to the dock over there and look for a guy named Nikolai Rusakov. Then about 7 months later, the pager went off.

--------SideNote-- the storys will be posted here --- http://drjflash.tumblr.com/ --- earlier than on the DayZ forum so if you like it and cant wait go there and check it out

I was on Cherno when I heard shots, I tried to follow the noise and got to a church, with zeds dead by the closed door. While hidden, I opened the door then Tom in the chat said 'Wtf' and closed it again. I proceeded to open and close the door a couple of times, and then finally left it open. I said "Who is at the Church in Cherno?" and Tom replied "Russian Church, by the ocean, cherno?" I pressed 'E' on my keyboard an saw him, he was a survivor, I was a bandit. After I pressed like five times 'E' we both lol'd, I asked him if there was any loot, he told me 'plenty'. I came inside and he closed the door behind me, told me to help myself, there was common loot, you know... a couple of flares and chemlights, some tin cans, I only took one can of beans and a soda and then he went AFK.

I took aim and I was ready to put a bullet to his head... the truth is I just did not want to. I became a Bandit killing survivors in cold blood, sometimes for the loot, sometimes just for fun and sometimes when it was a kill or die situation. I have killed survivors that had helped me minutes ago and I also killed brand new survivors that just respawned. I didnt do it.

I gave my thanks to Tom and told him he should not trust bandits this easily.

Closed the door behind me, it was 'his' church.

"oh and Tom? ... Stay Safe"

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Just wanted to share a story where even when I had a Bandit skin and I could have killed him I didnt, and he didnt shoot either. It felt good.

Im back to killing anyone I meet, but maybe someday I wont feel like it, I hope when that happens, the other survivor to be another Tom.

Thanks Tom.

yesterday after bug killed me I woke up at beach in kamenka. As i did not wanted to meet other survivors i moved up to Zelenogorsk. It was dark and there was rain but I was lucky there was not much of Zeds' date=' on guard post near road i found AK47 with 3 clips - now I will survive every one what will come. Pased Pavlovo and entered Zelenogorsk - from previous trips I know there is a shop with some nice loots, i moved towards it and suddenly i was surounded by lots of Zombies. I manage to get to shop when Zeds started to attack me - they were around 30 .... that was not hard. I looted shop and thought to move forward, when suddanly car spawned near shop it was white "Volga" - i thought ok need to go check it but was not wery optimistic about it. Entered it and OMG its missing only one wheel every other things are there even 1/2 of oil .... JUST 1 WHEEL - i started to run around Zelenogorsk like mad - only one thing in mind wheel :) Went down to power plant and there is was, then some one in chat wrote that hes moving to zelenogorsk ..... geez I need to get back ASAP. I was runing like mad - when i get there Zeds were back too - f#@ them just runned throught them and in shop I killed them all again, runed out to car, made quick repairs and .... and yoohoo its working .....!!!!!! Ok now i need to go some were and save this car for repairs - every thing was in yellow state ... but my friends started to biching - come to Kamenka for us .... DAMN move to me better. On that i got answer - why I need car if im not wanting to drive it - after this I said ok run towards me I am driving for u. I started to drive it was most scarest thing in DayZ :D coz i know how other ppl wants a Car to and if some one will see me I will be killed. Till Pulkovo i had no problems but when i entered Pulkovo .... roadblocks everywere - I asked friend - were is he coz most propably i will die soon - he was near Pulkovo. I asked him to stay on road and started to drive around Pulkovo very slow (Volga is not fast in offroad). Passed it and driving towards Kamenka - were are u ?! I am almost at Kamneka already i dont see u ?! My friend asked - are u driving red LADA - it just passed me .... geez no I have white Volga - where are U ?! - Must be in Pulkovo he said ...... FA$# need to go back ... made 180 on whet road and drived back - was DARK like hell - even light did not helped much and rain was huge was MAD to my friend ...... BAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM - RED LADA come from nowere, my VOLGA exploded immediately i jumped out - and saw 3 survivors geting out of lada - i was almost dead and very MAD - started to shoot at them and got killed ....

THAT WAS HUGE CAR ACCIDENT DayZ - and i BET there are not lots of them - i was in one:)

So guys - if you ever find a car and its in yellow state - and you have friends in oposite side of map - better make them come to you -repair it, save it and then drive around with friends :)

[/quote']

I was going to read your post but the grammar and no paragraphing made me want to put a bullet in my head.

yesterday after bug killed me I woke up at beach in kamenka. As i did not wanted to meet other survivors i moved up to Zelenogorsk. It was dark and there was rain but I was lucky there was not much of Zeds' date=' on guard post near road i found AK47 with 3 clips - now I will survive every one what will come. Pased Pavlovo and entered Zelenogorsk - from previous trips I know there is a shop with some nice loots, i moved towards it and suddenly i was surounded by lots of Zombies. I manage to get to shop when Zeds started to attack me - they were around 30 .... that was not hard. I looted shop and thought to move forward, when suddanly car spawned near shop it was white "Volga" - i thought ok need to go check it but was not wery optimistic about it. Entered it and OMG its missing only one wheel every other things are there even 1/2 of oil .... JUST 1 WHEEL - i started to run around Zelenogorsk like mad - only one thing in mind wheel :) Went down to power plant and there is was, then some one in chat wrote that hes moving to zelenogorsk ..... geez I need to get back ASAP. I was runing like mad - when i get there Zeds were back too - f#@ them just runned throught them and in shop I killed them all again, runed out to car, made quick repairs and .... and yoohoo its working .....!!!!!! Ok now i need to go some were and save this car for repairs - every thing was in yellow state ... but my friends started to biching - come to Kamenka for us .... DAMN move to me better. On that i got answer - why I need car if im not wanting to drive it - after this I said ok run towards me I am driving for u. I started to drive it was most scarest thing in DayZ :D coz i know how other ppl wants a Car to and if some one will see me I will be killed. Till Pulkovo i had no problems but when i entered Pulkovo .... roadblocks everywere - I asked friend - were is he coz most propably i will die soon - he was near Pulkovo. I asked him to stay on road and started to drive around Pulkovo very slow (Volga is not fast in offroad). Passed it and driving towards Kamenka - were are u ?! I am almost at Kamneka already i dont see u ?! My friend asked - are u driving red LADA - it just passed me .... geez no I have white Volga - where are U ?! - Must be in Pulkovo he said ...... FA$# need to go back ... made 180 on whet road and drived back - was DARK like hell - even light did not helped much and rain was huge was MAD to my friend ...... BAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM - RED LADA come from nowere, my VOLGA exploded immediately i jumped out - and saw 3 survivors geting out of lada - i was almost dead and very MAD - started to shoot at them and got killed ....

[/quote']

I was going to read your post but the grammar and no paragraphing made me want to put a bullet in my head.

yeah sry about that - not my first language :)

My first murder.

Spawned in the back room of the barracks at NW Airfield. It was the middle of the night, but I could tell there was no loot around me. I quietly exited the building and started a slow crawl towards the woods, intending to let some loot spawn. I took up a position about 50 yards from the barracks, and tossed out a few chemlights to help scope things out.

After waiting in the darkness of the woods for a few minutes, I crept towards the building, now aglow with a ghostly reddish light. Once I got in the front door I closed it behind me and started my search for loot. After minimal success in the first two rooms, I exited back into the hallway to get to the next room. The hallway was mostly dark, just a barely visible glow coming from a chemlight outside. As I started for the third room, I noticed a crouched shadow moving at the end of the hall, staring into the last room where I had spawned just a few minutes before. I crept a little closer, and realized it was another survivor. I stared at him for a few more seconds, a million thoughts crossing my mind: "Should I shoot him now, while his back is turned?" "Should I call out to him, stating my intentions and hope for the best?" I answered these questions by simply turning on the flashlight on my G17.

Startled, he turned to look at me, gun drawn. We sat there staring at each other for no more than a second, though it felt like ages. Suddenly, as if the thought had come not from ourselves, but from outside of us, we both started shooting at the same time. Frantically pulling the trigger as fast as I could, after a few split-seconds I saw him fall.

I sat for another moment or two, shaking, the reality of what just happened is starting to sink in. I have ~2400 blood left after I bandage myself up, and after my legs give out when I take my first step towards his body, I realize I have some broken bones. Morphine fixes that right up, so I begin looting. I acquired an M4A1 with 5 mags, and a few other knick knacks. As I closed the gear menu I saw the person I had just killed protesting in the chat. The language he spoke was foreign, but the pleading for an answer was clear. "Why had I killed him?" I could tell he was asking. I could not answer that myself. Perhaps if circumstances were different, we could have teamed up. However, being surprised in a dark building at night, one of us had to die there.

So, scared and alone, low on blood, and out of food and water, I bravely retreated to the woods. I dig a lighter from my pocket and try to steady my hand as I light a cigarette. I wanted to tell this unknown survivor, this victim of chance, that I hadn't meant for that to happen. I wanted to tell him that I was sorry, but it was too late, I saw that he had disconnected. His pleading words, spoken in a language I don't even know, still stick with me.

Turning around, I throw out my cigarette and walk into the darkness of the forest.

I'm killing all players on site now.

Last night I committed suicide again because I was in the middle of no where with nothing and a whole heap of grief on me. Upon re-spawn I think I was in Elektro. I aggroed some Zombies and bolted to the centre of the town into a large grey multi storey building, think it's the school in the centre?

With several Zombies on my arse I get to the top of the building and find all the loot a barricaded survivor needs. Found a Leeroy Enfield, dinner bell some call it, and started my stand...I killed 35 Zombies as they came up the stairs or up the ladders. In side chat people were saying: "I hear gun fire", "Friendly on roof of school", "Wow something's going down in Elektro", I felt quite happy at this.

So the bullshit factor hits 100% percent when the dead start climbing ladders...how and why I don't know...and clipping is still a major issue. I spent an hour in that building. The dinner bell is a one hit kill for Zombies, but it's like a magnet because of it.

I fell from the 1st floor onto the ground and go into shock, I run across the street into a hotel, I hide and proceed to get battered by Zombies through the wall...my leg gets broken and I'm crawling and popping them with my Makarovo...I decided to quickly disconnect at 5k blood.

I reconnect and it's night, I still have a broken leg, though I'm alive and I have all my gear. I crawl back into my school. I should have left it there, though I hear people shooting and I'm reading a guy call [PCPP]PhotoshopPro (I think) is killing / stalking / jeering survivors for their gear...I holed up in a ground floor room and hear foot steps, I prepare for a shoot out and get shot in the back of the head through a window...

Get back into the server again as I'd like to find the guy and try and kill him. I've found a knife and a hand grenade.

I am liking this game very much and don't mind the PvP or dying.

I had heard about this Mod from a few friends. After resisting for a week, the curiosity got the better of me, so I bought it. My first experience in this game was being placed in complete blackness, on a cloudy night, and on a hardcore server. I found some traintracks, and crept along them, afraid to toss a flare.

Eventually, I was beaten to death by a horde of zombies as I had stumbled into a town and never realized it.

fun game!

A story about an event that just happened.

I was moving to meet up with some fellow survivors who I had run with before. We had split up temporarily, but got back in contact over radio and had decided to meet up again near Berezino to swap supplies. I was feeling confident. I had a large pack full of food, and my only pressing worry was that I had one magazine left for my M4 and it would be a long walk.

My methods were to stay low, avoid all confrontation when possible (zeds or other survivors), and keep to myself. It had worked so far. I had yet to kill a single living soul. Not that I wouldn't have, but I had been smart enough to keep myself out of the kinds of situations where that would be necessary.

As I moved along a treeline near Mogilevka I spotted something all in-the-know survivors wished for: a downed military helicopter. My heart beat faster. More ammo, maybe even a pair of night vision goggles!

Somewhere in the back of my mind a voice cautioned: the helicopter was in the middle of a field and in a valley, easily visible for kilometers around. Danger. I pushed the thought out. I needed ammo, and I thought I was savvy enough to spot a bandit trap. I hadn't been caught yet after all.

After scouting the surroundings with binocs, I chose my route. It was a good plan, although not exactly creative: stay in the forest until I reached the point where the treeline was closest to the crash, check surroundings again, and move in quickly.

I worked my way next to the chopper, held my breath, and sprinted from the forest. No shots rang out. I dived down next to the wreck and gleefully started searching.

Nothing. Totally empty. Even the harnesses in the passenger compartment had been stripped, the bodies of the pilot and copilot picked clean. I walked around the crash site twice just to be sure, throwing caution to the wind in my disbelief. My mind reeled, and happiness turned to grim disappointment. I sat against the hulk and cursed my poor luck. Ah well. Time to get moving again, lest I be spotted. Grunting, I pushed myself up and started a halfhearted jog back to the tree line.

Ten yards from safety. SNAP SNAP. Two shots, one connected, and pain seared through my side. Instantly I started running, zig-zagging as I went. My only hope was to get over the rise in the hill, and then turn around to enga-

SNAP SNAP. Down I went, face first in the trees and tall grass. Again, two shots, and one found it's mark. I didn't know it at the time, but my pack saved me as it took most of the force from the bullet. It felt like being hit by a sledgehammer. Panicking, I crawled for twenty yards until I reached a particularly thick tree and took stock. I hadn't heard the shots, only the sound of the supersonic bullets flying by me, so they must be far away. Probably behind me, probably across the field. Probably.

I assumed they saw me go down, but they would not know if I was dead yet given their distance and the fact that they had not kept firing must have meant they weren't sure enough of my exact location to keep pumping rounds blindly into the shrubbery (I hoped). That meant I had some time before they came to finish me off.

I tore my jacket and began applying the military bandages I had in my pack. My wounds weren't bad, in fact the shot to my back hadn't penetrated my body armor, light as it was. My ALICE pack did have a new hole, as did a can of beans. Beans. They saved my life once again.

I readied my M4 and peered around the tree. One bandit in a ghillie suit, weapon up. His behavior was odd: Walking slowly in the open field towards my position in the forest, like he thought I was dead, but weapon up at the ready as if he wasn't positive. The smarter move would be to flank along the treeline, just to be sure... I turned my head and scooted to the other side of the tree. Another bandit, this one breaking away from the first to flank. Shit. Shit shit shit shit.

My odds of survival were not good. 30 rounds (only one magazine, remember?), two bandits, my aim wavering due to shock and bloodloss. I might be able to get one, but two? The one thing I had going for me was that they were cocky and had not wanted to take the time to skirt all the way around the open field.

They were still somewhat close together, and I calculated my chances were better if I engaged at range before the split too far apart. If I only got one, the other might be distracted enough for me to escape. If I whiffed it, I might force them down and be able to make a run for it.

Ha ha ha. I was deluding myself. I wasn't going to hit one, let alone draw a bead and fire before they gunned me down, and I definitely wasn't going to be running far bleeding as I was. Oh well.

I steadied myself against the tree, took a deep breath, leaned out, and started firing at the first bandit.

CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK.

I couldn't tell if my bullets hit home, I just switched to the other side of the tree, drew a bead on the second bandit, and let loose.

CRACK CRACK *SNAP* CRACK CRACK CRACK.

I saw him go down, but in my current state I had no idea if I my shots had found their mark or if he was simply taking cover.

And he had hit me. Again. I slumped back behind the tree. A bicep shot. My vision blurred and the color drained. The second bandit was good, only a little bit of me had been exposed and he had hit me despite my sudden appearance. Those were my last thoughts as I drifted in to unconsciousness.

I woke up. Not dead. It had only been a couple of minutes, apparently my sudden standing along with the bloodloss had put me out. It didn't matter. I was a goner. The thought was abstract. At this point I had been a survivor long enough learn to ignore the obviousness of my eventual demise, dwelling on the fact would only hasten it.

I imagined my pursuers would find me any minute and finish me off, but that didn't stop me from applying another bandage to my wounded arm (clumsily).

I figured if I moved from the tree I would be shot. Before they had thought I was still on the ground somewhere, having revealed my position I had gambled away my only advantage.

The minutes ticked by. I heard nothing. I ate a can of beans.

Enough waiting to die. I stood up, shakily, and using the tree for support, and peered around the edge. No movement. I move gingerly to the other side of the tree. Still nothing. A flicker of hope.

Had I done it?

I leaned back out for a longer look. Two forms, prone on the ground, unmoving. Triumph. The bastards had ambushed me, and I had put them down like dogs.

After resting, I crept over to their bodies and began taking everything of value. AK74 with scope. Food. Ammo. Pepsi. What I couldn't carry I consumed or hid. I smiled to myself. They were well equipped. Experienced bandits. I should be dead, not them. In their arrogance they had been sloppy, moving across open ground, and it had cost them their lives... just as my greed had almost cost me mine.

Now for the less fanciful version:

This happened just west of Mogilevka, the crash was south of the road between Mogilevka and the castle Zub (right in the middle of the field). I ran north and west when I was shot, over the road and in to the trees. I did get knocked over and crawl behind a tree, and they did stupidly approach across the open field. I shot at both of them, and one did manage to hit me and I went unconscious for a bit. I stayed behind the tree waiting for them to kill me (i really thought there was no way I had hit let alone killed them and I was screwed). After a while I finally looked at the debug window thing and saw I had two fresh murders. Their delicious beans are now mine.

• Like 1

Excellent read' date=' Akael. :)

[/quote']

Thanks! All that time in the wilderness breeds strange thoughts.

I just had one of the scariest experiences I have ever had in a game.

It all started in the town of Balota. I had just started off on a new life after dying. When I got to Balota from Kamenko I was running low on ammo but had some other equipment including medical supplies. I crawled through Balota (I was down to one mag on a makarov) and headed towards the small airfield nearby thinking I could stock up on ammo.

On the way there I accidently got too close to a zombie and ran to the nearest building which happened to be the small entrance building facing Balota. I was able to shoot one or two of the zombies from there but by then I had alerted more of them. I was left with no ammo and facing at least two zombies. I made a run for the control tower ladder with the screen flashing black and white and zombies at my heels.

I hoped I could find a weapon or ammo at the top of the tower. I thought I would die but then at the top of the ladder there was a dead body with an AKM and one magazine for it. I equipped the weapon and quickly fired at the zombies coming up the ladder after me. Many other zombies were alerted by the loud noises but the AKM had bought me some time to bandage. From the control tower I was able to hold off 15-30 zombies attacking me without dying. More and more started coming up from the noise from the AKM but I was eventually clear. I ended up with about 4 or 5 rounds left in the clip when all the zombies were dead.

So this was my second time playing DayZ, after dying like a noob and reading up and learning the controls.

I spawn on the coast, basic pack. I look around me. Road to my right. Road to my left. Hill in front. I decide to head right, along the treeline at the bottom of a hill. I see a small town. Many Zeds are shuffling around. "It's far too risky", I think to myself. I see another, dirt road leading from the town. Hugging the treeline, I follow it for thirty seconds, and see a warehouse of some sorts. Seeing only one....two....three Zeds, I Solid Snake my way past them, and into the warehouse, only to find a tire, and some empty alchohol bottles and tin cans. Whoever was here previously must have been a drunk slob.

CRACK CRACK CRACK.

I hear shooting behind me off in the distance. "OH THANK GOD SURVIVORS!!!1!one!" Checking to make sure the Zeds had shuffled away, I sprint towards the souce of gunfire. CRACK CRACK! Too many shots are being fired for a pvp confrontation, whoever this guy is must be going zombie hunting. I return to the coastal town I had passed up, sprint (like a noob) right up to a bandit, a survivor, and ten dead Zeds right on the coast. I cry "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY DON'T BLOW MY HEAD OFF PLEASE" over my mic. They don't respond, but they're not shooting at me, so that's a good sign, right? More Zeds scream and sprint towards us, and I decide to help out by shooting the two on our left.

After quickly emptying my makarov into them both, I turn back to them, and...to my horror, the zombies were feasting on the now unconsious (probably dead) survivor, and the bandit had just been knocked down. I panickedly shout at them over my mic, "OH SHIT Y'ALL JUST GOT ATE!!" (like they didnt know already). The Zeds may have been busy now, but there were still more closing in. I frantically looked around for a place to go, somewhere to hide. I spot a dock. I had read that the undead are afraid of docks, and quickly sprint down the dock a few feet away, go prone, and watch, powerless, as the zombies feast on thier flesh. Ten seconds go by, and to my suprise, the zombie who was stuffing his face with bandit-steak suddenly lost interest, and the bandit began to crawl towards me. I tell him if he can make it over here I would bandage him up, but he dies a few seconds later. After dispatching the remaining undead, I go to loot thier bodies, but they either were invisible, or had despawned.

CRACK CRACK CRACK!

Makarov bullets whizzed by me, as I spot a (coastal beanwar elitist bastard) bandit prone on the beach, shooting at me. Typing to him that i am friendly, I quickly dive for cover, as he sprints to my location. You know what I did next? I ran the fuck away. I ran for a good thirty seconds, until I realised....this guy is using a makarov..the chances that he klls me are just as good as the chances I kill him. I run back to town. I go prone for a minute or two, and I hear a "yoo-hoo" over direct communication. A few minutes pass by, and He must have gave up the hunt.

Later that day, I was having trouble updating to 1.6.1 and was being trolled by the flashing black screen that my dayz_code was out of date. I never stood a chance against the survivor who found me.

I thought it was a normal day in Chernogorsk. I wake up (spawn) at the fire station, hoping to maybe get more ammo for my winchester. I don't have much - a box of matches, a winchester, and some water. What was going to be an average loot run turned my life with 10 minutes of frantic panic and escape.

So back to the fire station. I should have noticed the signs...barbed wire was strung everywhere around the fire station making it near impossible to get out. I see a dead body and go investigate. I find some beans. I walk out of the Chernogorsk fire station on a crisp dark evening. Lo and behold, I see a 4 door white sedan parked preciously beside the fire station.

"What?!", I think to myself. "Is this happening?"

I have never to this day seen a car, let alone an almost functional car right beside a main city in a vulnerable location. I inspect the damage, and cautiously look around. No one so far. The car isn't beat up too badly, and needs 2 tires and some engine work. I cannot seem to resist the urge to get in and test the smoothness of the seats, the comfort of a portable home. I decide to get in the drivers seat. It starts.

As soon as I turn on the car, I heart Winny shots ringing against the car's passenger side. "Noo!", I cry. I will not give up this car without a fight. The bandit's Winchester shots attracted 3 zombies and now he's crouch strafing around the car. I get out, crouch, and put 2 winchester slugs into his torso. That's it, I think. I'm fucked. A car in the middle of Cherno, and now I have alerted the whole town of my presence.

I better work fast, I think to myself. I quickly sprint to the nearest shed or "garaj". Success! Engine parts. I run back and fix the engine. Still nobody around. The 2 wheels are not a challenge and I find the spare wheels after about 5 minutes of searching around.

As I work to fix the 2nd wheel, I hear PDW shots spraying from the fire house. I go prone and realize that the car is the main priority, and is fixed now. I quicky get in, reverse into a zombie, and floor it while trying to get the fuck out of Cherno as fast as possible. In my rear view I hear Uzi clips piercing into my car and zombies chasing me as I speed away into the night, headlights shining and (pretend) music blaring.

• Like 1

Crossposting from: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9104

My report on some of the fun and games that 12 of us from the Pandemic Legion community had yesterday evening. Cross-posted the writeup from our own Community forums:

Logged in just west of the NW Airfield in the dark, NVGs enabled. Realised that the Server had eaten my STANAG SD Mag that was only missing 2 bullets when I'd logged in, and the only ammunition that I now had was 2(!) M1911 Bullets (not Mags).

The rest of the PL Team were way down in the south of the map, causing mischief and tears around Cherno, but it was evident from listening to them that they were low on ammo and food - and would be extracting themselves shortly.

Sure enough, as soon as Max_Butched had logged in - he flew the Helicopter down to Cherno and extracted the guys from the rooftop. Next destination: North-West Airfield.

As I was already in the locale, I simply headed East, infiltrating the outer perimeter of the airfield. All looked quiet, and the faint hum of the helicopter grew louder as it approached from the air. A couple of shots rang out across the far side of the runway. Whilst not in the immediate vicinity, it was enough of a warning to wake me up and relocate. A confrontation when you only have 2 rounds of pistol ammunition is not a good thing.

A couple more shots rang out, as it became evident the guys on the ground were shooting not at me, but rather at the beast that was patrolling the skies. Intermittent silence was altogether shattered by the sound of the M240 on the Chopper lighting up the woodland, and the flash of the blinding searchlight being swept over the hangers.

I surveyed the area. SouthWest barracks was but a couple of hundred yards away. Zombie count? Overwhelming. I fumbled through my inventory, finding a smoke grenade. Clutching it tighly, I sprinted towards the barracks. Dashing inside as a horde of zombies realised I was nearby, I threw the smoke grenade over towards the gate, and watched as almost all of the zombies de-aggressed. Pulling out my pistol, I finished the last two off with swift shots to the head.

Ammunition Count: 0. Fuck.

Scouting through the barracks, whilst sporadic fire still echoed across the runway - 2 AKMs, 6 Mags, and a whole bunch of shit. No SD Ammunition.

Closing the door, and covering it with my pistol, I requested a plan of action from the eyes in the sky.

The helicopter had actually dropped a friendly in the vicinity, and lordsilence was now infiltrating the SouthWest barrack area. More shots rang out, this time much closer. Turning to the window overlooking the runway - I saw a shadowy outline not more than 3-400 yards away. A second outline appeared, sprinting in the direction of the barracks - followed by a horde of zombies.

Dropping my M4 SD CCO, I reached for the AKM on the floor next to me. A loud gun is, afterall, better than a gun with no ammunition.

The survivor ran past the entrance of the barracks, too quickly for me to get my gun on him, and disappeared into the woods. More shots rang out, and the horde of zombies was now 15-20 large.

A third shot rang out, this time behind me followed by 'tango down' over the radio. One down, fuck knows how many more may be out there though.

Fourth shot, I look back to where the survivor had ran, and I can see him - just 400 yards away through the woods. Racing out of the barracks, I adjust the range on the AKM, and fire two shots of my own.

The first penetrates his shoulder, shattering his collarbone. As his body started to fall, the second pierced him right through the cheek.

The zombies at this point turned their attention to their new found hostile. 'lordsilence - quick! Fall back!'. We both fell back into the barracks, taking turns to clear the large zombie horde as they tried to force their way through the building.

'Tango down'. Third bandit down, this time on the runway, mercilessly slaughtered as he tried to escape by the business end of the Huey's M240 Machine Gun.

Setting the helicopter down next to the barracks, the squad started looting the corpses of our now-dead foes. Whoever invented the term 'Secure the Area' obviously never considered the rabble that is Pandemic Legion, and it was at this point that a zombie spawned, clubbing me in the head through the wall and knocking me out.

Coming too, I see Timberfox blood transfusing me, when the silence is suddenly broken.

'Any friendlies in the rear barracks room?'

Silence.

'ANSWER NOW OR I WILL FIRE'

Silence.

Two additional shots pierced the darkness, as a Bandit who had just spawned in at the barracks keeled over clutching his chest.

I moved down the barracks to check the corpse. One Mag of STANAG SD! I picked back up my M4 SD CCO, happily placing the new Magazine in the chamber.

Organisation at this point was a shambles. No perimeter, no security. It was hardly surprising when, 5 minutes later - two additional shots fired out of the darkness, followed by both Max_Butched and lordsilence crying out 'I'm down, I'm down, I've been hit', before both of their radios went silent.

The foe was quickly located, and dispatched - and one of the remaining guys took the helicopter back down to collect them from the Coastline.

What began then was a long process of checking every nook and cranny in the barracks for every item possible. An ammo crate was found, which to my joy contained 20 Mags of STANAG and 10 Mags of STANAG SD. More and more loot was found stashed away, and this was promptly dumped onto the ground outside the barracks for those who would need it.

This time however, we did it properly, and had 10 people spread around the Barracks, covering every angle, every nook and cranny. Defensive positions were set up using sandbags and Razorwire, and the place was - for 90 minutes, turned into an impregnable fortress.

Around 60 minutes in, a voice chimed over the radio. 'Check check, Contact spotted. CONFIRM your location if you are outside the perimeter'.

Again, silence.

'Contact spotted, 250 yards to the South by South West, behind large pine tree, crouched'.

I moved from my overwatch position around in order to flank the bandit should he try to make an escape, using the brush and trees to mask my approach.

'Permission to engage?'

'Permission granted'

Two shots from a DMR rang out over the clear, starry night. 'Bandit down'.

Checking the corpse, we realise it's one of the guys from earlier, who had made a quick run back to the airfield.

We resumed overwatch positions, and finished up our scavenging around the Barracks.

Loading back into the chopper, the voice of TomasYsidro crackled in over the radio.

'CHECK CHECK, Contacts spotted. Three, Location: South of Starry Sobor, wait - ignore. VEHICLE spotted, Three Contacts, direction - South.' The radio ended with the sound of gunfire, as Tomas opened fire.

'Get in, let's rock!'

Max took off from the airfield, helicopter full. Heading due to south with some fancy low-level maneuvering, you could see the adrenaline on the faces of the people loaded aboard, along with the gleam of the lenses of the Nightvision Goggles that, by this point - we had almost all managed to acquire.

'CONTACT SPOTTED, Left side - distance 500 meters!'

The vehicle was on the main road, just passing through a town.

'Permission to engage?'

'Granted'

The steady 'thunk thunk thunk' of the M240 started, as the helicopter banked to the left, bearing down on the hostiles.

'Bogeys are exiting the vehicle, we're taking fire', as shots struck the underside of the helicopter.

We pulled back, increasing our orbit to several hundred meters.

'Let us down there!' came the request.

'Friendly coming in from the west, DO NOT ENGAGE' broadcast Tomas, who had made good speed afte them.

Max dropped the helicopter onto the deck of a couple of seconds, allowing two of PL's Special Forces to disembark, reinforcing Tomas.

'Take us back over!'

Max swung back over the town. Vehicle was abandoned, resting alongside a building in the middle of the town. Circling around, the hostiles were quickly reacquired taking cover near the rear of a building.

Once again, the 'thunk thunk thunk' resumed, hailing red-hot steel down upon the positions.

Fire one bandit, then two bandits fell.

'Location on the third?'

'Third bandit's location is unknown, keep your eyes peeled gentlemen'.

"Third confirmed down, the corpse is here"

A shot rang out from behind the bus stop.

'I'm hit, I'm bleeding. I'm... I'll be ok!'

By this point, the three special forces units had moved into the town, and quickly located and dispatched the remaining bandit.

'Clear?'

'Clear.'

Checking the bodies for more ammunition, the three special forces hopped into the vehicle, exfiltrating right down the main road of the town, under the watchful eye of Max 'I'm a Frenchman and I never retreat' Butched and his Huey brigade.

• Like 1

This is a stick up...

Myself and 3 buddies were all meeting up near Putsa when we heard shots in the village. We looked down from the hillside and saw a survivor in some trouble with a horde so me and one of my buddies chatted to him and offered him some help. He took us up on our offer and made his way to us on the hillside meanwhile my other two buddies fell back out of sight into the forest unbeknown to him. Once he was at our side we lead him to a small basin at the top of a hill and lit fire and offered food and condolences while our unseen two pulled in either side to the rear of him. Once our guys were in place me and my accomplice pulled back either side to the front making him surrounded. At this point he knew something was up and looked to his left and saw one of the previously unseen and said "What? there's 3 of you?"

We replied:

"4"

"you're being robbed"

"drop everything"

He dropped everything, including pistol, and we sent him on his way back into the world with nothing.

Later after I disconnected for the night my conscience got the better of me and I tracked our victim down outside of Day Z. He turned out to be pretty cool so few days later me and one of my co-robber pack members went on a massive loopy mission to Stary to meet up with him. Most of the way I was on 4k blood (+/-600) due to random misfortunes and on quite shaky terms we finally made it Stary. We snuck our way to the store were he was stalled up and as I was still on the same character that robbed him I proudly returned all his loot.

Unfortunately about 30 seconds later my accomplice accidentally fired while Alt+Tab'ing and set off a massive horde. I got a heavy blow from a wall disregarding zed and I was game over'd. My accomplice went down but somehow managed to survive and our once victim powered bullets through zeds like a boss.

So yeah, I managed to clear my conscience and now my accomplice who also robbed him is all messed up at his side.