Goose had turned into a bandit due to an unfortuneate incident involving a survivor with fifty or so zombies toward us and having to put him down with a silenced shot before he brough the zombies down on us. after that we raided the small airfield for ammo and weapons restocking our dwindling weapon stores we decided to head for churn to raid the hospital there for medical supplies.

The sun was high in the sky as me and my four compatriots entered churn from the north in much need of medical supplies, traveling from appartment building to appartment building making our way towards the hospitol silently killing zeds along the way, we finally reached the hospital and found the jackpot. several boxes of various medical supplies so much that we could afford to top off each of our health.

deciding to head to the grociery store on the south west side of the city due to previous luck on gettnig some goodies there. cutting through an industrial complex we suddenly start hearing snap snap snap. someone is trying to snipe us, so we pile into a warehouse to assess the situation and hold off the wave of zombies attracted by the sound of us clearing the way to the warehouse with loud shotgun blasts. once inside and upon confering the four of us decided the best course of action would be to pop green smoke on the door and after letting it build up make a break for cover from which we could escape without incurring the snipers wrath, as we opened the door and tossed the smoke we heard another snap snap snap of him trying to hit us as we left the smoke gave us enough cover to escape and continue to the grociery. we arived there without incident and fount more ammo which we were starting to run low on.

Deciding it was time to relocate to less hostile ground we started making our way back to the hospital for one last look when suddenly zeds started coming out of the woodwork and rushing us, deciding that we couldn't win this fight, we ran, hitting an escape rout we had previously planed we took off down the highway with hundreds of zombies in tow, each man taking in turn a chance to turn and pick off the closest before resuming the flight as another took the place on the fireing line, after our escape, and the straggling zombies taken care o. each member of our group was at a substantial body count in the hundereds on health check we realized that none of us were injured, solidifying once and for all that players are much more dangerous than zombies in our small groups book.

our group is very weary of other players, we have a policy on when we hear or meet other players, head the other way, dont make contact, so if you see a fourman band traveling through the western half of the map remember we have a live and let live policy

• Like 1

Interpretive Log of IggyZiggy.

Run damn you…

They were after me, hundreds of them. Jaws salivating over my soon to be useless flesh they never seemed to tire, ever screaming at me, forcing me to urge my muscles past their breaking point. Then I spotted an old tower and a ladder.

I had spent that evening silently passing through towns which I could not pronounce following an old road to someplace I have never been. It was eerie, the silence that engulfed me save for the ceaseless roaring of the ocean nearby. For a time there was no life at all but as I continued further up my forsaken path their population grew. Announcing themselves with hellish moans and cries this lifeless army mindlessly patrolled routes once travelled by the living denizens of this country.

The towns themselves seemed relatively maintained giving the impression that this outbreak was a recent event. Most of the buildings doors were jammed shut but a few remained accessible. Cautiously I worked my way through finding old cans and an occasional supply of canned goods. It was meager and I was beginning to think my time here wasted. The undead were growing in numbers.

An airfield had presented itself to me and the urge to investigate was too great. Armed with a revolver and two magazines I snuck onto the tarmac. I was alone.

Flies buzzed all around me, irritating the air about my ears with incessant whining. The four dead men lay in front of the hangar doors rotting right in front of me. Searching them I found some Makarov pistols and ammunition. I disregarded these favoring the revolver in my hand.

Now it has all gone to shit.

Putting down the pack of the last dead man was when four of the undead rounded the corner. I was out in the open, a red flare burning brightly 10 meters to my right casting my silhouette like a sun-ray. The moan was deafening but I remained calm. Quickly taking aim I dropped the first two with one shot each. Darting suddenly to the left the third zombie ran past me. I fired wildly completely missing. The pain felt to my left arm was immense as the damned thing hit me on passing. I bolted for the open field in front of me.

Several cries of rage lit up all around me. The sounds of my boots sounding off the walls of the hangar echoed over my head alerting everything to my whereabouts. I fired a few more rounds dropping two more zombies before reloading. Shit, my last magazine! I wish I took that Makarov now.

I bolted to the right in the hopes that changing direction would widen the distance between me and the ensuing hoard wanting my flesh. No good, they seem so… inhuman as they run faster than anything I ever witnessed. I had to find someplace high… there the tower!

With my feet giving me endless devotion I managed to run around one of the hangars giving me just enough time to grab onto the ladder of the old airfield command tower. I began my climb with every nerve and muscle pushing to go up, faster up, hurry up!

The cries never ceased. Raging below me I peered out from atop the old tower feeling safe, at least for the moment. Bang, bang, thud! Oh shit! Two zombies appeared from the stair well inside the command chamber. I quickly skirted to the outside and hid behind the furthest bulkhead. No good!

They are coming.

Huddling on the very top of the command tower I aimed my pistol at the ladder opening, praying they would not continue their effortless siege. It was hopeless as the first grimy hand laboriously reached out and grasped the top rung. The thing that emerged was a work of horror and sadness. My body began to tremble; I knew it was giving up on me.

…out of ammo.

I no longer feel my body. A soft rain falls from the heavens as my vision rests upwards. I no longer hear their screams…

To be continued…

This is the story of my first life in the game.

I spawn on the coast, during the night. I checked my pack and headed off down the nearest road. Creeping from house to house, I spotted a shed and decided to check it for loot. One headshot later i found myself with a new sense of adventure, and a full jerry can of fuel that i had found in the shed. I continued along the road, skirting buildings and watching out for zed when to my amazement I spotted a main rotor of a helicopter poking over the roof of a building. Now, I've played my share of battlefield, and consider myslef a decent pilot in that. lets just say flying them in the middle of a zed outbreak is a little more hands on. I topped off the tank, hopped in the pilot seat, and....wondered what the hell any of the buttons and switches did. After a few minutes of messing around, I found the throttle and basic steering mechanisms. I decided to go for it. I spun up the main rotor and took off. I was gaining altitude but something was wrong. The chopper started spinning, faster and faster. I couldn't see a thing. No matter what i did i couldn't get her back under control. I reached for the ejection lever but i was spinning too fast. I crashed into a field and in seconds a swarm was on me. I was already bleeding out on the ground when they got there. I hope they enjoyed freshly roasted noob.

I fell in love with the game immediately.

• Like 2

Since people seem to be posting their first experiences I guess I will too.

I spawned at what i guess was solnichny or one of the other smaller towns on the eastern coast, Thinking it would be a good idea to head straight inland without supplies other than what i had at the start I began walking through the woods. After wandering around for a while I happened on a road. Mind you I wasnt paying attention to where I had spawned so despite my hefty ammount of experience with Chernarus I had absolutely no idea where I was. After several more minutes of running down the road i spot a barn and walk in, In the middle of the floor is a dead bandit and a zombie arm sticking out of the wall, I immetiately knew that he had been killed by a buggy zombie, and by my absolute God given luck I found a PKP on him, with 2 belts. Ecstatic at my find I immediately fired a few rounds off, Little did I know that this was a BAD idea. I was at this time around tulga or so. I am looking around when I hear a screaming growl. Left 4 Dead zombie sounds, clevar usage of valve software. I turn around and lo and behold I see the biggest hoard of zombies I have ever witnessed in any zombie game I have ever played. "Ok, I thought, I have a machine gun bring it on!" Yet another dumb mistake because after wasting around 240 zombies I realized that it wasnt going to end, and I was running low on ammo. I bolted, but one of the zombies had wandered around the back of the barn and as I ran out it catapulted across the 20 meter distance in less than a second and knocked me out. "Well damn, I thought realizing that this was the end, I guess it could have gone worse." I then proceeded to get pk'd about 3 times before I spawned and died another 4 times from ladders and falling off buildings before I finally joined up with Legion.

• Like 1

One of the funniest experiences so far.

Me and two friends had a lot of gear, but wanted more, and kills, so we went to Chernagorsk, once we were there we ran from street to street trying not to be seen, being night time it was pretty hard to dodge zombies anyway, we ended up having to crawl straight through the middle of a zombie infested field, when shots started going off really close, they weren't at us but close enough to freak us out, but we couldn't move any faster so we kept crawling, then my friend at the back of our line of crawling soldiers realized there was a crawler zombie following him, and catching up, for the next 10 minutes we crawled towards the industrial sector with this crawling zombie gaining on us until he was nashing on our heels.

Long story short, my friend spotted someone cross a road a fucking MILE away, shot at him with his winchester, alerted five thousand zombies, and we all legged it, he legged it straight to the hospital ladders, while I went round the back knowing he would be blocking the ladders and give my two friends time to get up. I turned a corner, and literally bumped into a bandit, not knowing if it was my friend I paniced, then he shot me in the face and left me to be chewed to death by a zombie. A minute later one of my friends said "is that you on the taller hospital roof next to me?" to the other friend, and before giving him a chance to reply, blasted him in the face.

This game is really fun, and has given us some gems on teamspeak. The game for me is like 80/90% almost boredom, and 20/10% memorable moments. Teamspeak has been full of things like "Oh my god. I need to shit now." and "Theres a zombie downstairs! COME TO ME!... COME TO ME NOW IM NOT MOVING!". General pussy talk. Though tbf I've had my moments where I've sat in the corner of a dark room with a shotgun pointed at the door for over 15 minutes too.

• Like 1

Ive had the most crazy 12 hours of my gaming life.. I cant even tell the story its just so long and insane. And i'm still alive, only just. (Currently semi-unconcious in an apartment in cherno.. Got a sniper, a revolved, only just found an alice pack of going 11 hours with NO backpack. at all.

Got my Compass (from a pal) A map from (random face-rape-zombie-city)

Binocs (from a guy i was with that got sniped right next to me) [made a break for it, he blamed me for his death.. i mean dude.. there were two bandit snipers... and I would kill you?] -_- srsly.

A Sniper that i found in a house and swapped for my winchester. (its time to get tactical)

and a revolver, which technically, almost cost me my life, as i am now on very low blood...

I've spent the past 12 hours on less than 6k blood. Here and there tipping a little more and less. now im on 1.5k blood, almost dying, waiting for good item spawns or a rescue.. considering im in cherno, i'll need a miracle. but as it stands, i'm pretty lucky already..

I've only just aggrod my first train-sized pack of zombies and led them to a tower, which i escaped, leaving them behind... that was a learning experience.. wow.

Not dying is my 'thing'. in all games, i strive to survive. and I've done just that. Time will tell if i make it out of here alive..

• Like 2

Going through a village I encountered a couple of players. When I came forward and offered my assistance, they responded slowly as if discussing what to do over Teamspeak. When they started encircling me I knew I was in trouble and ran for the nearest cover. They shot me in the back.

One respawn later, I immediately come upon a couple of other players. I walk forward and offer my assistance.

Fuck you, Pkers. I will never change. :)

• Like 3

This happened to me last night on the EU9 =BoB= server.

I've pasted from another Game Forum that I visit more than I should, anyhow here goes...

Last night I found myself with no ammo, so the only thing left to do was run, run, and run some more.

I was up in the hills on my own North of Elektraoski or whatever its called.

By the time I reached the town I had about 10 Zombies after me.

I headed East to the other large town Chernogorsk picking up Zed's along the way, I passed through a village where some poor bugger had lit a flare to see what he was doing, he saw me coming and fired off a few shots thinking to help me when it dawned on him that it was probably not a good thing to do, he legged it...

I continued on my route with about 20 odd Z's hot on my tail, by the time I reached Chernogorsk, I must of had, "I don't know how many" Zombies after my blood.

A couple of turns around the industrial area, (by this time I was very thirsty and needed to eat) but it was impossible to stop for a snack, so I climbed up one of the chimney stacks, in the hope that I would have time to eat and drink and get on the chat to ask for help.

No way Hosay, they all climbed up and ate me alive.

Defiantly one of the funniest game moments I've ever experienced.

Truth...

EDIT: I rejoined the same server just after posting in this thread and my character was alive at the bottom/near the chimney. Everything was the same = no ammo and my gear was still there... go figure.

Thanks.

More funny moments...

Three of us were trekking north towards the airfield, about 3/4 of the way there after a lot of running we come upto a town, seems quiet other than zombies. We pile into a house and start looking for loot.

The welshman shouts "OH MY GOD ITS A WATER PUMP I CAN REFILL MY BOTTLE!" he says excitedly as he skips out of the front door, *boom* and we see his explode out the window. Then we proceed in killing the 5 survivors in the town while hes on the beach with a brand new pistol.

We made it to the airfield and had a tonne of nice gear, grenades, M4's etc. The Welshman is on his 2nd attempt at running back, hes a little over halfway there and optimistic, out of nowhere he shouts "I JUST GOT FACKIN RUN OVER! Fuck this shit game"

Dying is a pain in the arse but it's fucking classic when it's your teammates.

• Like 1

This is a great thread, here's my contribution.

I am an experienced player on DayZ, I have a lot of high-end equipment like NVGs, a GPS and a good assault rifle. I grew tired of running from town to town in the north gathering beans just to prolong my existence, and I hardly ever ran into another player (apart from the guys I play with from time to time).

I felt that it was time for change, time to find and set up a place I can call home. My plan was to go south and find a boat so I could go to one of the islands off the coast to pitch up.

Some time later I found myself outside of Chernogorsk, I have always avoided this godforsaken city as it's well known for practically being a funeral service for nearly everyone who sets foot inside of it. I wouldn't dream of going near it usually, but I was on a mission to find a boat, and Cherno has the biggest port around.

Before I ventured forth into it's depths I scan the streets from my high vantage point and already spot a survivor shooting desperately at what I presume are zombies; I see no point in disturbing his fraught battle and I decide to flank round the eastern side.

As I'm crouch-walking through the streets, NVGs on, GPS out, I know I will have an advantage against anyone who wishes to end my characters life. I hear a few shots deeper in but know that as long as I stick to the shadows and I remain cautious at all times I should come out unscathed. As I continue through the streets I again hear shots, much more distinct now and much, much closer; then I hear more from a different weapon, it's suddenly clear that there's a firefight going on within 100 metres of me. I let my instinct take over and run east out of town to a small hill and continue towards the port from there.

When I climb over an embankment next to a railway line the port pops into sight, but I am dismayed at the lack of cover between me and my destination. It became clear that the risk vs reward wasn't in my favour as I scanned what I could see through my binoculars. As I inch closer to get better view I hear the unmistakeable sound of flies that accompany a dead players body. Intrigue gets the better of me and I move towards the sound, a backpack sticks out of the tall grass from behind a bush.

He had nothing special, just an unfortunate beginner who had met his fate. I automatically hide on the far side of the bush so I can cross-reference my coordinates on my GPS with my map. I hear, or rather I think I hear a sound other than the ocean lapping against the coast, it was so faint I could have easily imagined it. I hear it again although it was equally as faint as the first, but as a precaution I close my map and take a sneaky look around, weapon raised. I move slowly around the bush and there in-between the leaves on top of the bank I see a baseball cap.

I freeze. The sound of the waves continue as always.

Raising my dot sight I make minuscule movements to get a clear view, or shot. A rifle comes into view as does a face, torso and then another baseball cap, another face, and a revolver. The height of my nerves raise as neither of them move a muscle, not even their heads; they remain perfectly still, I check the chat but no one has written a thing.

Suddenly the foremost man with the rifle crouch-runs forwards towards the bush, I lose my cool and open up. I shoot at them both, I see the second man fall down behind the bank but the rifle holder circumvents the bush and moves out of sight. I stand up and turn to face him but he's already there aiming at me, he fires and misses, in the split second between him reloading I decide to try and run. I tap W as fast as I can but the inevitable delay that has plagued Arma 2 from the beginning comes into play. As my character finally decides to obey my commands I hear a second shot, I stop mid-sprint and begin to fall.

I knew it was too late, I knew that he would put a second round into my head as soon as he reloads to kill me off completely. I watch helplessly as my screen hits the dirt and I wait for my demise.

Then everything went dark, not in-game but in real life, my screen zapped off and the sound of every machine in the household being disabled due to a power cut ensued. Not going to lie, I nearly jumped out of my chair from the sudden darkness and from the adrenaline from what had just happened in-game.

After the electric had turn on, then off and then on again I logged back in to see if that timely lack of power had saved my character. I saw the the ground and the green hourglass slowly emptying, I knew that I could bandage myself after a while and that my character was going to live.

Thank you if you read the whole thing! I may have got a bit carried away in writing it. And if the guys who I exchanged fire with read this then I'm sorry if I killed one of you, I just didn't have a clue what else to do, I thought you might have heard me and were planning to to kill. Which you might well have been ;)

• Like 1

I met a survivor, yelled "friendly", he stares at me for 10 seconds, then opens fire, again I yell "FRIENDLY", he continues to fire and killed me.

With my next life I walked back to the place where I saw him. I walked into an industrial building, where I met him again. I opened fire and hit him. He runs further into the building. I chase him into the building, meet him again and we exchange some shots, injuring both of us. I run out of the building, bandage myself, and walk back in. Then it turned out I had killed him. I walk over to his body to check it out. Suddenly he grabs his pistol and opens fire at me again, but misses, after which I shot him multiple times in the face from close range, killing him instantly. Ultimate revenge.

Two of us found a bus, fixed it up, and brought it to a secluded area with a tent, and some sandbag barricades. We started a fire, marveling at what we had accomplished, less than 5 minutes after the bus is repaired, 2 choppers show up with people intending to steal our bus. They lost 3 men in the fight, we both died and then got "requesting info" crap. Very saddening.

Kind of weird but i have heard rumors of a map hack and this screams it, we were secluded.

Day 1

Dusk and night.

Dear Diary.

In fear of beeing left alone in this huge desolate place, filled with horrors, thieves and murderers, I waited nervously, eating my last tin of sardines below the high voltage powerlines until dusk, and started to venture north. In the calmer inlands I hope to find my friends.

The countryside is but a vague echo of the place I used to know. Birds, animals and insects thrives of course, but I have lately noticed an increased number of flies - these foul creatures - filled with pus and flesh from the deceased... I can not only hear them feast on corpses from afar... these days they appear in my dreams as well, circeling my head, filling my ears with their buzzing... anticipating.. waiting. I know they one day will feast on my flesh as well, maybe tomorrow... but not today. I can only hope that my friends whom I hope to find at the shore of lake Prud, find the time to bury me - in a deep, deep pit- once my time is up ...

I thank the gods for the map I found in Chernogorsk. With map and compass, my journey northwards in the dark gets to be so much safer as I am no longer forced to follow the roads. I like travelling at night - I feel safe under the dark branches, which hide me from the moon's revealing glow. Hiking along scarely trodden trails, I pass a handful of abandoned places; farms and small villages - always hiding, always carfully watching the surroundings.

Only once did I see a fellow survivor heading south across a well moonlit meadow, but alas - these days encounters are often coupled with death; they seek not wealth - they seek only survival. I never did imagine that human nature to be so fierce and unforgiving. I used to think that mankind cherished love, compassion, goodness in heart. Now, as I only can read fear in my fellow men's faces, I know this not to be true. Mankind is vicious, paranoid and desperate. Humanity.. was it all a lie? But are not the dreams of poets and the tales of travellers notoriously false? Indeed they are... I should have known.

During my hike, only three times did I dare to close in on settlements and bulidings. I need food and supplies desperately! Ammuntion is of the essence and water... as much as I can carry. Pulkova was empty, aside from four abominations that attacked me as I approched an outhouse. Four headshots, four cartridges lighter, I head northeast towards Vyshoye - which was as emtpy as Pulkova. I left the small village with yet four oozing Z-corpses behind me.

I realized that my best chance to survive this day, and the next, was to cross as many miles as possible during the night, hoping to reach Lake Prud before dawn... I increased the lenghts of my steps and headed towards the Old fields.

As I crossed the road south of Novy Sobor, I came across yet another abandoned farm. As my water and food supply was totally depleted, and as my body was totally exhausted, I saw no other option than yet again dare to close in on a farm. Sneaking along the east side of the main building, feeling my pulse race faster and faster, I caught a glimpse of metal glistening in the court yard. Success! A well!. As I closed in on the water source, I suddely heard the faint breathing of something behind the barn wall, and the soft moanings of one, two, three, four.. most probably half a dozen of the farm's former owners. Feeling scared beyond belief, weak after the long hike with no water nor food, I felt desperation mount within me; I had no choice. I HAD to battle it out! Sneaking around the front of the barn I realized that the doors were wide open. Making sure my pistol was fully loaded at my hip, and the shotgun ready in my grasp, I took a deep breath, threw in a flare and made myself ready.

I cannot recall how things developed, it's all a blurr of screams, shouts, mouths filled with blood and hate, fangs hungry for my flesh. I can only recall the sensation of relief once it was all over, and I yet again headed north - this time with my belly and backpack filled with food and water. I hit the jackpot, fully geared up again for yet another day. I might live untill tomorrow.

As I sit here with my back against a tree next to Lake Prud, only a few hours until dawn breaks, with none of my friends anywhere to be seen, I can only hope that they still are alive and well, and I may greet them tomorrow.

If not... I dare not to think the thought...

I am writing this under an appreciable mental strain, since by tomorrow I might not be no more...

Ever since he was little, Drake had dreamt of being the ultimate asshole. At twelve years old he stole some chewing gum from the local shop. At fifteen he once walked off a bus without saying thank you to the driver. At twenty he made a call in the cinema. And now, at twenty-six years of age he was determined to complete his legacy with the ultimate act of assholery - killing someone in an online game.

Drake logged onto the Arma II Day Z mod and followed the sandy beach to a nearby barn. Jackpot! A CZ Hunting rifle. He took the weapon with a mischievous glint in his eye and found a nice nest in Cherno overlooking the docks. Eventually he spotted someone crawling towards the nearby houses. Drake trained the sights down on the man's unsuspecting head... but he could not kill him. Perhaps his conscious had finally kicked in after all these years. Perhaps in nearly taking a life, he had learnt it's value an- oh wait, the gun just wasn't loaded. Drake loaded the gun and shot the man in the back of the head whilst laughing maniacally.

• Like 1

Weird situation today:

Was travelling from Balota to Cherno. I'm pretty decked out - map, compass, watch, binos, etc. I'm coming up to Cherno, near the ocean, and I spot a survivor ahead of me. He happens to see me and instantly starts firing crazily at me. I hit the deck and type to him, saying I won't return fire if he just continues on his way. He fires about another 2 clips blindly, not hitting 1 shot. I kill him, check him - he has the default spawning gear. Figures. I loot around the outskirts of Cherno, picking up a 550 and some more ammo for my revolver. I have another gun battle with a survivor - as is commonplace in Cherno. I win this one too, once again taking 0 shots, but attracting a good number of Zeds. I dispatch them as I back into the apartment block near the factory. I've taken a few hits from these guys in between reloads. I clear up, climb the ladder, and sort myself out as best I can.

I'm low on blood and make this known in chat. 2 survivors say they're near the military camp 'RKO' and 'Zehnek', and another, 'Scarnod', warning me he has a bandit skin, says he is in Cherno right now and will make a blood bag run. I warn them that I'm also in a bandit skin, but won't shoot. I see the latter guy from the roof of my apartment being chased by a zed, I dispatch it with the 550 making my friendly intentions known. The guy is smarter than the avg. survivor - he hits the deck and rolls into a wall at the noise of the shot. I confirm it was me and tell him the bullet wasn't worth the kill, but wanted him to be confident in meeting with me. A few minutes later and he's on the roof giving me a transfusion.

The 2 surviors at the camp tell me they're almost there, that they're new players, and that they have very little ammo left. One of the guys is cautious about approaching me, sensible, - I tell him I have my blood now, and they may feel free to continue on their way. RKO asks if I can re-supply them, I tell them I have ammo for Makarovs and can escort them to guns. They approach the complex and I keep them in my scope. Once we're all together they search the apartment. They get a tent and some Mak. ammo. RKO has an M1911, so we take him out to find ammo, and to re-supply on medical items. We grab blood bags, bandages, etc. Then the Zeds come. 'Scarnod,' the bandit guy, picks them off superbly with his rifle, however most of us take a few hits as we back into the original apartment. it is clear to me that me and Scarnod are a lot more experienced than the 2 new guys. It's kinda hectic as we back up the stairs, trying to shoot the zombies and not each other.

Another guy makes contact with us, having seen our chatter, stating that he has a bandit skin but would like a blood transf. from us, and is heading our way. No-one replies as we're dealing with our own sitch. The zombies slow down, and the shooting subsides. I look around the apartment again, hoping to come across some ammo that I missed - my revolver is very low. I hear 3 or 4 more shots; assuming it's just more zombies I continue my search. I enter a door on about the 3rd floor of the apartment and see RKO and Zehnek on the floor, presumably dead. I hit the deck and contact Scar asking what happened - he doesn't know. I take a peek out of the window and see a bandit crouching across the roof opposite ours. I run to the ladder and climb it, hitting the floor as soon as I reach the top, rolling, and taking a shot with the 550. He falls from the direct head shot, hanging mordibly off the roof, blood from his head spilling to the ground. RKO and Zehnek get in touch - they aren't dead. We quickly patch them up as best we can, I ask what happens - they have no idea. I cross the street to the apartment with the corpse I'd made. He has a shotgun and a makarov - those were not the gun shots that I heard.

'Sebalol' radios in, he says he only asked for a transfusion and I took his head off. He says saving is bugged and he respawned in Cherno with his gear and that we better watch out. I asked him why he killed 2 friendlies and he says that he didn't. Zehnek joins me on my roof, taking 'Sebs' shotgun. I tell him to go prone and wait, Scarnod and RKO hold the other apartment. A few minutes later Scar says he can hear flies, he goes upstairs and RKO is dead, WTF is going on? I contact Seb and tell him not to kill any of my group, and that it was my fault. He contacts back about 60 seconds later saying 'the bandit is dead.' Sure enough, Scar lies dead on the stairs of the apartment. I type to him, saying that surely 2 dead is enough, and that he can have his shotgun back. He replies saying he already has a shotgun, and that he only killed 1 person. Hmmm. Anyway, I see Seb in another apartment, crouching on the stairs, ascending. As he rounds the corner he gives me a clear view, I shoot him once. He hits the floor, prone, I shoot again. He's dead.

We wait on the roof a little longer, Scar never gets back in touch. RKO contacts us, saying he'd rather make his own way from now, I tell Zehnek I'd rather do that too but Zehnek is determined to stay with me. We're still on the roof.

2 Survivors approach on the West road. I try to contact them, no reply. They see Zehnek on the roof and open fire with a Winchester and Makarov. Nothing hits. Zeds appear, chasing the 2 newcomers. They run towards our building, we can't see what's happening directly under us. But they're shooting a lot. I try to lean over to get shots on either the Zeds or the survivors but I cannot see clearly. Eventually the shots stop but the zombies remain. I presume these 2 new guys are dead, I tell Zehnek we should clear the remaining zombies and then he should take the Winchester and we should head off. I get a good luck at what happened - there are no corpses. Zehnek refuses to leave me without a gun. I tell him to help me dispatch the zombies - he is a very bad shot and fails considerably. I make my decision, look him in the face, and plant my last 2 revolver shots in his head. I drop my revolver for his Makarov and ammo, take his shotgun that he looted from Seb, and all of his bandages and the camping tent. I dispatch the zombies and head towards the forest.

I discern that the 2 newcomers fled this way - corpses everywhere. I follow the trail into another apt. block and find many more zombie corpses, but no sign of survivors - dead or alive. I do however find a Lee Enfield which I take in place of the shotgun, and then head into the woods. I set up a camp and find a decent vantage point. I look through my binos and see 1 man running up the stairs to the roof of the factory. I have no idea if it's the guys from before or not.

That's my story over. I have a theory that maybe Scarnod couldn't be bothered with RKO and Zehnek so he dispatched them when he could, however it seems unlikely that he wouldn't confirm the kill, and that he would help me heal them back up to decent health. Ah well, an interesting scenario - and I haven't died since.

If any of you guys read this - especially Sebalol and Zehnek - I'm on my way to Devil's Castle if you still want revenge ;)

• Like 2

I just joined an UK server (so night), and started to make my way along some rails. I lost nearly all my supplies in the water, so I had to be careful. I found a barn, but a zed was guarding the entrance and I didn't want to risk any more of them by popping it.

So I decided to follow another trail, and I was in the middle of the field near some woods. Suddenly someone said "hey". Didn't shout, was perhaps even whispering it, I don't know. It scared the shit out of me. Then a lot of chat messages came in saying "that scared me". It was just some guy on the voice channel.

This game will give me a heart-attack at this rate.

It was the dead of Night, my watch said it was 11:24pm. But no way to know for sure, I had found this watch ad had no way to check its time. My fellow survivors and I had heard of an Airfield to the North West. We decided to break camp to search said place for supplies.

After hours of slow and steady traveling through the dead of night with only a weak moon and the glimmer of the man in fronts backpack for company, We came to a small T-junction. The man in front whispered "from here we move silently". We broke into a Square formation two to each side of the road, My long time friend to my left armed with a hunting rifle was periodically surveying the distance as best he could. The two upfront armed both with rifles, covered the front and left and right respectively. I covered the rear with my AKM, nervous on the reliability of my newly found weapon.

Ahead appeared a fence followed by a perimeter wall, We stopped carefully checking our surroundings and listening to the quiet for the slightest sound.

*Crack* *Crack*

We heard an automatic gun firing, my friend with his far superior hearing to me identified small arms fire supporting this guy.

We advanced with caution.

We found a gap n the fence, slipped through and began searching for a gap in the concrete wall, luck fell upon us, there was just enough room for us to crawl under part of the wall only a few metres away from where we entered the first perimeter.

Proned we crawled through the under growth into a small clump of trees.

*Crack* *Crack* more gunfire.

We heard a man shout "Next time let me use this grenade"

We moved to the edge of the trees, suddenly the whole airfield opened up before us.

"There infront of us, far side" the man on point stated.

We watched...

A gunfight had broken out, we could only see on party. We watched quietly until the firing ceased. The three men we saw had won the exchange of bullets.

We took up a tactile spread along the forest line, we could only assume these men were hostile. We listened, and heard nothing.

Suddenly

"Halfway across, they are moving towards us".

Our point man whispered "Prepare to fire, two rounds each and cease. I want a spread of fire, confuse them with jumping mussel flashes. Sniper open up first. None reply.

"Fire"

We open up, The sniper fires. *I missed*

*Thrum*

Suddenly bullets are being returned. I hear the air move overhead. I pop up, take aim at the erratic Mussle flashes and pull the trigger! fire twice, I hit the floor and roll to my right and wait. I hear the man to my left let out two shots, I pop up again and fire twice and down again.

*Bang*

There was an explosion, at first I thought they threw a grenade but it was the man to my left that threw it.

Silence rang through the air. The exchange was over, Was he dead? Did he run away? I'll never know but we lived to live another day.

• Like 2

I'll make this short.

So I'm in my UAZ driving to Topolka Dam to get a friend who recently died because of his driver smashing a pickup intro a tree. I get to Topolka pretty quick, pick up my friend and am heading back to our camp. When we were driving we were talking about survivors on roads and the discussion went something along these lines:

- I wonder what are the odds of a survivor getting hit by car in this mod... It must really suck to die by getting hit by a car.

Not a second passed and I saw three survivors not running along a street but actually crossing it so I just said

- Speaking of whic!

And proceeded to ram the two that were right in front of my UAZ. One got hit directly so he went flying several meters away, the other was alive with 1000 blood.

Obviously rage ensued on chat about how "we didn't even stop to loot the body".

Felt good man.

OUT OF GAS

The sun was beginning to set. Myself and fellow Freelancer 'Normandy' had spent the entire day fixing up an abandoned Jeep we'd found on one of our regular supply runs, in a desolate village laden with rubble, debris and the hordes of the undead. We'd originally headed out in search of food and water to bring back to HQ, but as with anyone, priorities immediately scrambled as soon as we laid our eyes upon that prize. The hours past as we stumbled from settlement to settlement - we explored every gas station, every barn and every shed desperate to find some vehicle supplies.

But after a long and gruelling day, we'd found enough to get the Jeep back onto the road. It was hardly a satisfactory repair job - we'd basically attached new wheels, yet left the battered and broken (yet barely functional) engine and fueltank. Fuel? The car was practically running on fumes; we'd managed to find just one can of gas and we both knew it wasn't going to be enough to get us home.

We knew we'd have to take a pit-stop. We knew we needed to refuel.

It's getting dark. The Jeep crawls into a small town enroute to our destination, and its fuel-tank is practically empty. Whether we wanted to or not, the Jeep was staying in this town until we could find the gas to refuel it - and the town itself was eerily quiet. Not a soul in sight, not even an undead one. All we had for company were the shadows falling upon the ground and the light drizzle of rain beginning to descend upon our heads.

"Cardiac?"

"Yo, Normandy?"

"If shit kicks off here, you need to take the Jeep and run like a bitch, alright? We can't lose that thing now!"

"Yeah, man. No need to tell me twice."

We crept through the area slowly and quietly. Guns raised, our eyes darting from building to building - expecting the unexpected. We could not guarantee we'd find what we were looking for, and we could not guarantee if we were making it out alive. All we knew was that we had a Jeep, and this baby had to be brought back home - no matter the cost.

As the Jeep wheezed further up the hill spanning through the town, a large and rusted propane tank sat cordoned alongside a worn-down longhouse. Without even thinking, we dived out of the vehicle and immediately darted towards the tank - jerry can primed in our hands. We'd found fuel. We'd found what we were looking for.

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Unfortunately for us, so had the local zombie horde. We'd totally disregarded stealth and slow movement just to get these cans filled ASAP - and our haste hadn't gone unnoticed.

We knelt by the tank. With only the single gasoline can we'd found in the village, Normandy immediately set to siphoning the fuel out of the tank, steadily but slowly filling the Jeep's fuel tank. Steadily. But oh, so slowly.

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

We had to get this done quickly. One by one, my ironsights fell over the incoming undead, and I took to dropping as many as I could. One by one, the zombies dropped, but we both knew they were approaching faster than I could aim and shoot.

We were also nervously aware of how little ammo we had left in our reserves.

"C'mon, man, get her filled! We're being swarmed!", I shouted over comms.

"Just keep me covered. We're almost done. We'll be out of here any second.", Normandy replied as he continued to pour into the now 3/4-full fuel tank.

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"We need to move! I'm almost out of ammo!"

"Just one more can!"

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"I can't hold them off any longer!"

"Any second!"

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click. Click. Click.

"WE'RE DONE! GO!"

Mission complete. This was almost over. All we had to do was clear out of this horrible place, and we'd be home-dry. Everything we'd done today had easily been worth it - this was one of the best supply raids we'd ever operated, and we were already celebrating.

"Just one more second, man, I'm gonna refill this jerry can so we've got some extra fuel for next time!", Normandy beamed as he dived once more back to the ugly-brown tank.

"Copy!", I responded as I myself dived into the driver's seat, kicking the engine into gear.

The Jeep exploded into life, its fuel-tank now bursting with combustible energy. Its headlights immediately lit the way forward, piercing through the darkness that now shrouded over the town.

"Get in, get in, get in!", I roared over the sound of the engine to my partner, mere feet away from the passenger door.

"Get ready to move!", Normandy shouted back, mere inches away from the passenger door.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Gunfire.

It wasn't ours.

It was dangerously close, and we both knew we'd cleared out every zombie in this entire town.

We didn't bother to check direction or range - we just knew it was aiming directly at us. Whoever it was, we had what they wanted and they were prepared to kill to get their hands on this car.

"We're being shot at, Normandy! Get in NOW!"

"Opening the door...NO-AAAARGH!"

Burst fire pounded against the side of the vehicle. His body slid down the side of the vehicle. My partner was lying, wounded and dying, against the side of the vehicle.

I was frozen. I was panicking. I had no idea what to do; I had no idea what choice to make here. On one hand: the partner I'd pulled this prize with. The other: the prize itself.

"CARDIAC?!"

"NORMANDY!"

"RUN LIKE A BITCH!"

I didn't need telling twice. Immediately, I kicked the finger to the W key and rolled away as quickly as these Jeep wheels could take me. The gunfire wasn't stopping - and bullets were still hammering away at the vehicle's sides. But certainly, I was gaining distance. Away from the enemy. Away from my friend.

The buildings lining the sides of the road were becoming more infrequent. Low and behold, I (and the Jeep) were now out of town. I was on the home-dry. I was going home.

Behind me, the gunshots faded into the distance. Their bursts became distant and slow - no longer firing upon myself or the prize they'd been attempting to snatch from us. They weren't getting their hands on it. This was our Jeep. This was it. We'd done it. We'd pulled it off.

...I'd pulled it off.

Behind me, the gunshots stopped. Beside the sound of the engine, not a single sound could be heard on the night air. Everything was quite. Everything was peaceful.

And then,

BANG!

Such was the last sound I heard, as I began to pull the car into HQ.

Such was the last sound I knew Normandy would hear on that character.

• Like 2

My first experience in DayZ..total noob.

I started near the water, it was dark, I headed off towards the trees, I decided to try and find a town and gather some supplies.

I came across a small village by some train tracks, I searched but to no avail, it was empty.

I followed the train tracks for some time, keeping close to the trees for safety, eventually I came across some huts and a small station for a train to stop at,mi crawled closer and closer to the village. I reached a small building, but inside all I found was an empty whiskey bottle and some empty cans. I took a drink and ate my food.

It was now light outside, I ventured out and decided to follow a nearby road,mabout 10 minutes later, it split and a smaller path headed up the hills, I decided to track this path, hoping it would lead somewhere lucrative, I found more huts, but still o items. I spent an hour or two climbing through the hills before I stumbled upon a small hut and a pond. I was out of food and water, and desperate. I approached the hut slowly crawling up the side, I turned the corner and suddenly heard the hell of a zombie which charged towards me.

Shocked and taken aback at my first zombie encounter, I unloaded 2 bullets into him, pink mist filled the air and he dropped to the ground, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Suddenly I heard the cry of another zombie, I spun around looking for him, but I could not see him, then I spun around again and we were face to face, I fired my gun and he dropped, but behind him another 3 zombies charged towards me, I fired off my remaining rounds, but in my panic, I missed. I took some damage from the zombie and turned and fled towards the nearest hills and trees, I could hear the, chasing me. As I ran up the hill I reloaded my gun,I turned around, I had created a bit of space so I dropped to my knee and dropped the first 2 in 4 bullets the last one was about 30'feet from me, I took my time and aimed, and shot him between the eyes.

I took refuge in the hut they had gathered around and bandaged my wounds, but found no supplies. I was hungry, thirsty and low on ammunition.

I wandered out of the hut in search of supplies, I spent 2 hours in the wildernesss, lost. Eventually I ended up stumbling back upon this hut. I had walked in a giant circle.

I continued on and about half an hour later I found what looked like a large town, I saw a large power plant. Surely in this town I would find some life saving goods, I was desperate to surviv.

I slowly and cautiously approached the power plant, I made my way up, crawling on my hands and knees. Suddenly in the distance I spotted another survivor, he was on his knee, aiming a rifle. His pack looked heavy, like he was carrying a lot of gear. I decided if I was going to survive, it would be at his peril, I lay flat on the ground and took aim.. Breathed. Made sure he was in my sites and squeezed the trigger. I missed.

Alarmed he jumped up and started retreating behind a nearby fence, I unloaded my clip at him, but he did not drop,I do believe I saw blood though. He was cut off from my line of site. I figured I had lost my opportunity now, I reloaded my gun and realized I was down to my final clip.

I crawled along he outside of the fence, slowly, wary of him and where he might be.

I came across an opening in the fence just big enoug to peak through, but not to crawl through, as luck would have it, he was hiding in this very corner, right by the opening, in a Harry I dropped to the floor and aimed at him, I started unloading my bullets, he took hits in the back, he got up and started moving, he wouldn't drop. I kept firing until my gun clicked.... Empty.. I looked up to see him drop to the ground.

I hurried inside to his corpse to see what I could find.

He had a rifle, 10 rounds for it, 8 handgun rounds, painkillers, gps, watch, a bag a repair kit, water, and 2 cans of soft drink, I loaded his gear onto my back and fled into the forest.

I poured over the maps and checked the GPS. After some time I figured out how to read it, I found my coordinates and decided to head north to a small nearby town, I still needed food.

I made my way north and found the town, it took about 45 minutes to arrive. I found a small farm in the outskirts which I spent some time surveying, I spotted one zombie.

I made my way into the field, and spent twenty minutes crawling across it, I to aim with the rifle, the zombies eyes in my sights... I decided to use my handgun, less noise, I switched to the hand gun and crawled ever so close.. I was now 15 feet from him. I unloaded a bullet into his skull and he dropped.

I made my way into the small hut he was in and inside found a sniper rifle, bullets, a revolved and bullets. But not nearly enough rounds compares to what I had on me.

As I was going through this gear I heard the sound of more zombies. I crawls to the hut and about 80 feet away I could see a zombie standing aimlessly, not thinking I aimed my rifle and fired.he dropped. I relaxed.

I turned to go back to the gear in the hut but as I turned around I saw 6 zombies charging up the road towards me, was this to be my end?

I started firing. I shot well, they dropped, but more kept coming. I reloaded 3 times but manages to kill all the zombies that charged down the road.

I quickly looted some more pain killers, bandages and food and ran into the woods, mindful to be more careful with my rifle next time.

I made camp under a tree.

---------aaaa

Most immersive experience I had in a while. Top game :)

• Like 1