Sadly no brownie points, just shrugged and went to do her own thing :@

In hindsight yes would have been better to disconnect but as I was lying down on the edge of town in some grass so the guy must have literally ran over me to have seen me.

Yesterday evening i was setting out like any other to meet up with my friends who were on the move off of the south coast to head north in search of the spoils it holds. I had a lot of ground to cover and had to go past both major cities cherno and elektro.. i knew this was going to be dangerous as you get so many bandits around there along with 'rogue' survivors but i needed to hook up with my team.

As i enter into the woods above cherno i spot 6 or perhaps 7 survivors moving through the forest, i type 'friendly?' even call it out, as soon as i called it out they all dropped to their feet.. I began to enter 'battle mode' realising i may have to confront these guys head on as i was just the one survivor and they had the numbers. I get out my rifle, calling again, are you friendly? No reply, but they must of heard it on the the chat, they were looking for me. I decide to just give away my position i stand, lower my weapon and shout im over here east of you.. needless to say i was met with a barrage of gun fire, i scream friendly but i was met with the screams of pistol and winchester fire.

'I'm not going down easy' i thought to myself.. i called out one more time im friendly but will open fire if they don't stand down.. more gun fire and i can see two flanking. I opened up on them, dropped the 2 flanking like they were zombies in a barn. Turned my attention to the remaining 4/5 ahead, the trees around my being spat at with bullets, they were shooting wildly, chaotic and reckless.

I fire a third shot from my winchester, then silence. As i crawl though the undergrowth changing positions they open up again, i wait until im in a decent position to get the rest or at least take a few down with me, I peak out and there they are.. a big clump of them, it was easy shooting, i just pumped a full load into them all, i couldnt miss, they were all huddled together.

After i fired my last shot there was silence, i reloaded and fired a few more, just to tag and kill any hiding in the bodies on the floor.. i then cautiously move over to them weapon raised. I call over to them asking if anyone was alive and needed help. Then much to my surprise.. "Yes im bleeding out, and have no bandages - dont shoot. Please." He walked out from behind a tree and walked towards me weapon holstered.

I raised my rifle, as my breath slowed for a second, i fired. He fell to the floor, dead.

After killing 7 survivors in self defence i am now a bandit. I now hunt anything i can find, stalking and eliminating whatever it is i come across, only leaving people with basic equipment alone.

That engagement has left me bitter and betrayed by other players, after being killed so many times by survivors saying they were friendly and then to be attacked by 7 guys.. that was the last straw. But it also made me aware of my skills as a marksman.

I want to go back to being a survivor but i fear once you're a bandit its hard to get out of it as everyone now wants you dead.

Have you ever been stuck in a building because of Bandits ?

I joined up with my friend after I died in the big mall in Elektro. We used bloodpacks on ourselves since we were both pretty low after a few zeds on each other's route to the building.

Then, someone asked in chat : "Are you two guys in the building friendly ? I have a bandit skin, but can i come ?"

Naturally, we had to think about it for a few seconds, but I eventually said "Yes", knowing that we both had full health, and my friend had an AKM with a lot of clips. 2vs1, should be okey if he looks suspicious.

My friend, out of curiosity, looked outside by the "balcony", with me following behind, and got MELTED under an automatic weapon's fire, from ABOVE ( note that we were in the middle of the building, we only climbed one set of stairs. ).

I immediatly tried to find cover on the other side of the building, being down to 5000 blood, and bleeding. I got lucky I didn't get hit in the leg. At this point, I was really pissed at being lied at, but also very excited.

It turns out there was TWO bandits around, and they had planned on flanking us and killing us from both inside and outside, by lying to us (which is the 1# thing I personally hate), but the ambushed shooter snapped when he saw that we were both out of cover.

I was stuck with low Blood, just enough so that I won't pass out, and with only a Crossbow I found where I took cover, two steel bolts, and a half empty makarov with some useless one bullet magazines.

I placed myself right outside the doorway to a small empty room that had the Crossbow, to my right, with my Crossbow ironsights on the stairs in front of me, and with my sound volume up to the max. And we played the waiting game. I personally tried aiming in a lot of directions, to see what is my max range to the right before I get blocked by the doorway, I tested out the reload speed of the Crossbow, to know how many seconds I must survive after the first shot to be able to stick another pointy thing in the attacker, I trained my mouse movement, to turn around and get inside the small room without getting blocked to the sides by the Crossbow. I felt like a badass, like Agent 47 from Hitman, planning my every moves should someone come up the stairs trying to get me by brute force.

I didn't know if taking two bolts to the chest would be enough to drop a full health target, but I told myself I might as well do as much damage as I can.

After a while, I asked "Still waiting ?". One of them revealed that he sees me from the windows ( probably waiting for me to either pass out, or move somewhere that'll let the other one get inside and shoot me. ). I replied, half-jokingly, that I would flip him off from the windows if I could.

About 8 minutes of pure silence, except for the distant makarov shots that are always there in Elektro. I never moved ( I had found the perfect position to have the most cover while being able to aim in every direction ) or looked behind me, even when one of them tried to shoot at the windows and get a lucky shot at me, which he didn't, reassuring me that my position was the safest in the building right now. I couldn't access the body and weapon of my friend without getting either shot at, or rushed by the stairs anyway, so I probably made the correct decision to wait in the doorway.

Finally, after about 6 more minutes of steel nerves and deep concentration, looking at the chat and hearing footsteps, I heard a Zombie moaning somewhere below me, having just spawned towards my back. Then the Zombie started to scream, and pound on something. I heard an AK shot.

I snapped, I ran as fast as I could from my position and jumped right out the building, zigzagging, and not looking back. I heard some AK shots, and at least three bullets went right past my ears ( I was still with max volume by the way, the adrenaline rush was amazing. )

But unfortunately, I aggroed many zombies by sprinting, and one of them attacked me, causing me to bleed. So I just ran as far as I could from Elektro so that they wouldn't get my beans, and then made my last stand near some bushes to hide my body even further.

The End.

The fun part is that they completely forgot about my mate's corpse with the real Beans, since when he came back about 10 minutes after I died to the zombies, he got all of his stuff back !

A single bullet escaped the barrel of the weapon and entered the nameless strangers skull. It was our first collective murder. He never fired a shot but to me it just seems like he was contemplating it. He was acting like a person who would've shot if he wasn't outnumbered. Does that justify taking him out? Maybe... probably not though' date=' but that's how things are in the harsh world of Chern... You have to survive. He was a risk and we eliminated it.

[/quote']

Haha that was me. I was completely new and couldnt find the response button. LOL. i saw you first btw and thought i take a chance and try to ask wether u could take me to my friends position. So i walked up to u to say hi.

I was watching u a long time clearing the Zombies :D.

Shit happens out there!

Good story though, and funny to find yourself in one :D :angel:

I had been hiking West down the coast for what seemed like days, looking for the last few supplies of food and water that I needed before heading North. I was closer to Electro than I realized and I suddenly stumbled out of the underbrush into the outskirts of town.

We saw each other at the same moment: Another survivor, crouched over several dead bandits and other survivors in the middle of the road. I silently cursed myself for being too hasty and coming so close to town as I turned around and ran into the forest overlooking that last, lonely street on the edge of Electo. As I spun I caught one last glimpse of the other survivor quickly standing and ducking behind a fence.

I crouched at the edge of the treeline and waited, Winchester 1866 at the ready. To my surprise, the other survivor had misjudged my retreat, thinking I had moved to the right into the buildings instead of falling back to the woods. As I watched the back street from the hill, he suddenly ran into the yard behind of the houses towards the beach, taking cover under a bush less than 50 yards away from my overwatch position. He looked away from me, his own 1866 trained on the street where he thought I remained. I leveled my sights on his prone body, and called him out in chat.

Repeated call-outs only caused him to keep moving from bush to bush, frantically looking for my location as I watched him from behind. Four attempts to communicate later I was nervous: he was acting way too sketchy. Minutes ticked by as he crawled from bush to bush, never thinking that I could be watching him from behind.

I remained silent from then on, and after a few minutes had passed, he crouched and returned to the street and began looting bodies again. His position blocked my route down the street and provided a vantage point of the beach, my only other option for easily skirting the town.

I moved up closer, still remaining in the underbrush. I briefly considered one last chance at communication, but I convinced myself that his behavior meant he wasn't to be trusted. As he crouched over another dead survivor, I slowed my breathing and aimed for his head. Hopefully I could make it quick.

The crack of the shot echoed down the street, and he slumped over the body he had been looting.

I held my position, waiting, watching. No one came. I moved quickly, taking the food and water that I needed from his body along with a map. I glanced at his body one last time as I began to creep back towards the beach. I told myself again that he had brought it on himself: after all, I had tried to communicate hadn't I?

A few minutes later I saw his name in the chat again, using all Cyrillic characters.

He was Russian. He wasn't able to understand me.

I had blood on my hands.

For the past few days, I've been wandering around the forest in the world, with only my trustworthy rifle as companion. Luckily, before beginning to wander I found the necessary tools to hunt and gut animals, as well as to create fireplaces to cook the food. Unfortunately I did not find a map nor a compass, but I was lucky to find a watch along my path.

So off I went, on a new and exciting adventure. It lasted for hours, I just kept running and running, eventually I'd find zombies standing around cabins. I usually kept low and out of their sights, but if the building was enterable I'd shoot those I saw and stay low until more emerged. The loot was good, mostly anyway, sometimes I'd only find empty tin cans, other times I'd find extra ammunition or more soda.

Another day has passed since I first entered the forest, I have found a small village along my path, but as far as I could see the village was crowded with zombies. You'd think all 600 zombies were gathered at that little village. Then I heard gunshots. Not the small arms fire, but more like a light machine gun, a M249 maybe?

Then I got sniped.

• Like 1

after looting my way through elektro without encountering zed or people, it started to get pretty dark. exiting the church and making my way to the nearby tower i heard footsteps. what happened next happened very, very quickly.

I spun around and was assulted with rifle fire by a bandit 5 feet away. i went prone and rolled behind nearby cover in an alley. as soon as he came into view i unloaded my mak's full clip into his chest. Amazingly he didn't drop and unfortunately wounded me as well. I wasn't surprised to hear the angry howl of nearby zombies and I had to laugh as one sped by my prone position to attack my wounded enemy. my assailant took cover around the corner as I struggled to my feet. after blowing away the attacking zed He popped out again and i fired another 3 rounds, pretty sure i hit him with a couple before he took cover again. i rounded the corner to finish the job.....and there was no trace. really makes me wish for a blood trail mechanic of some sort as he was bleeding profusely but managed to get away. I retreated back inside the church, shut the door, bandaged my wounds and hailed him on global chat.

'to the bandit that tried to kill me, im waiting in the church if you decide to grow a pair. Bring it on'

no reply. Usually these kinds of encounters have a pretty definite end, so I thought I'd share this one as to me it was my definitive day z moment.

Last night my buddy and I had just gotten out of the Airfield and we decided that we would take a hike to Devil's Castle in order to wait for our friend to make his way inland. We took position on the highest tower and I spotted 2 bandits coming toward the castle from the distance. We immediately stood up and I dropped one of them with my M14 and my buddy took out the other one with his M4.

We waited there for a little while and noticed in chat that several people were discussing Devil's Castle. We remained patient for about 20 minutes as I was watching the treelines and suddenly I heard silent gunshots. 2 Bandits had snuck into the castle and I could see them sneaking around, coming straight up to us. With my M14 in my hands, I remained quiet and had my weapon steadily aimed at the staircase. The first guy came up and I took him down with 2 shots. My buddy went down to loot him and the other guy came up at the same time and I killed him but he managed to take out my buddy.

At this point, I had 6k blood and wanted to get out of there so I ran inland toward berezino to get to that hospital. I met up with a friend and we went up on top of the roof to get the packs. I heard 2 rounds whistle by me and immediately yelled out to get down. We got down and spotted 3 bandits in the distance. We waited for a few minutes, watching them as they had their scope set on our building.

Unfortunately for them, they misfired and I spotted several zeds run after them. As soon as their attention was on the zeds and not us, I crouched, zoomed in with my M14 and took out all 3 of them as quick as I could. We managed to escape with full blood, and our lives.

(Forgive me for bad typing) I found a partner, we were waiting for his friend when we hear gunshots. I saw the guy and told my partner to cover me, I use direct chat and tell him friendly, even typed it. I felt something was wrong, then he starts running in circles I keep telling friendly, friendly then he shoots so I shot back and so did my partner. First time killing someone, he dies but I was really low health. We waited and my partner friend came then we heard gunshots again so we check it out, some guy shooting at some zeds. We tell friendly or to put his weapon down, he doesn't listen comes back and starts to raise his gun, we shot him and he dies. My two partners disconnect and I soon went by myself to the airfield where I died from been low in blood.

After days of glorious surviving i died because of the latest changes in 1.5.8.4 and it was really stupid ... i had M240 with one mag (100 bullets) disconnected and went to another server to join friends result : no more mags and since i was in NW airfield i go killed in PVP fight :D

It had been a good day. I'd survived a couple of encounters with bandits, found a dead guy with beans and a compass, and had struck lucky in Stary Sobor coming away with a full set of equipment and an assault rifle. As I was leaving Stary Sobor, I heard gunshots close by and a couple of zombies ran past to find the source of them. I stood up and made my way through the houses and out toward the woods above the town.

I found a vantage between two trees and stared down at the town with my newly acquired binoculars. There was a guy on the main street, heavily armed and surrounded by dead zombies. I watched him for a minute or so and then two other guys came down the street and joined him. Not wanting to hang around in such obvious woods, I decided to head east toward Berezino, checking out nearby Novy Sobor on the way.

I took a long route round to approach the town from the eastern end. I didn't want those three guys from Stary Sobor behind me while I checked the town out. This way, if they did come into Novy Sobor at least they'd be in front of me.

So I came off the hill and crept into the small wood by the eastern-most house in Novy Sobor. It was looking good; there were several open buildings nearby, which meant loot and boltholes should I alert any zombies. I had a good look around to make sure there were no half-hidden hoppers or crawlers (or worse, bandits), then I crept up to the house. I got inside and was about to check the rooms when I saw something move through one of the windows.

It was another player, well armed and well aware of me. I raised my rifle and stared over the barrel at him. He did the same and for a few moments we faced each other with both of our lives in the balance.

I didn't want to shoot him, partly because I didn't want to alert the zombies I'd seen around the back of the house and partly because I'm not the kind of guy to kill people 'just in case.' At the same time though, I knew he could shoot at any given moment.

Self-preservation kicked in. I ducked below the window and started backing up to the front door with my rifle trained on the back door in case he came in after me. I slipped out and moved slowly and quietly to the side of the house. I peeked around the corner, weapon raised, but he wasn't there.

I started crouch-walking away from the house, facing forward, moving backward. I was just about at the open shed when I heard the strangulated cry of a nearby zombie. I slipped inside the shed just as the zombie swung into view.

I absolutely didn't want to give my position away, but the zombie was on me. I slung my rifle, took out my pistol and shot the zombie in the head. I left the shed without even checking it for loot. My luck held out; not only had my gunshot not alerted any more zombies, but I was also out of sight of the house and the other player. Across the yard there was a barn and further to my right a long cattle shed, both decent places to find supplies.

The one snag was the fifteen or so zombies which shambled between them and my shed. I watched them as they moved, waiting for the moment when I could sneak between them with at least a chance of not being spotted. All the while I was desperately conscious of the other player who might be moving to outflank me after hearing my pistol shot.

The moment came and I crouch-walked across the yard, watching the nearest zombies with my pistol raised. I don't think I breathed once as I went. I got inside the barn unnoticed and let out a sigh of relief. I turned to look back the way I came and saw the house directly opposite. Through one of the windows I saw the other other guy sneaking, his own rifle raised, evidently searching the building for me.

Conscious of how visible I'd be against the white-walled building outside the other barn door behind me, I moved to the edge of the barn to minimise my silhouette. The other guy moved past the window and appeared at the next one.

I raised my rifle and drew a perfect bead on him. I could've ended it right there and then - two or three shots and he'd be my concern no longer. But there were zombies to consider, and my conscience. Not to mention the three guys I'd seen in Stary Sobor...

My finger hovered over the mouse button, my palm sweaty with the tension of the moment. I let out a long sigh through gritted teeth and went to the keyboard instead.

"Guy in the house in Novy Sobor," I typed. "You friendly?"

I put my hand back on the mouse and waited for a reply. He was still in the window, no longer moving.

A message came up in chat: "Friendly," it said.

"Cool," I typed, "I was worried for a moment then."

"Are there any beans in here?" he asked.

"I dunno, I saw you through the window and backed off before I had chance to look," I replied.

"Did you get zombie aggro?" he asked.

"I got one," I typed.

It was stupid really, tempting fate like that. Such was my sense of relief at the guy not being a bandit that I had completely forgotten the golden rule of barns - stay away from the walls. Close by, just outside, a zombie growled with sudden interest.

I moved into the middle of the barn and listened for the angry zombie's movements. It turned out to be one of those clever ones. As it reached the little side door it stopped, turned and came shambling in toward me. There was nothing for it, I had to shoot. The other fourteen or so zombies were out of the calculation.

I switched back to my pistol and fired. My first shot missed by a whisker but my second hit home. It flopped to the ground and an uncomfortable number of zombies cried out with murderous rage outside in the yard.

They were in before I knew it, six at the wide back door and four or five at the side door. I didn't even bother trying for headshots, I just blasted away with my M1911, giving them one shot each and moving to the next before going back to ones I'd missed first time. I risked a quick glance behind me and saw more coming in through the two doors behind me. It seemed as if the entire undead population of Novy Sobor were coming for me.

My pistol clicked dry and I switched to my rifle. I threw it onto full auto and began firing short bursts into the swarming mass of undead fury that poured into the barn. I emptied my mag, reloaded and turned my attention to the zombies behind me.

I heard a few shots, several zombies dropped and the other guy ran in between the rest of them. He crouched down next to me and started firing at the zombies behind me. It became a massacre. The more we fired, the more zombies poured in, and the more zombies that poured in, the more we fired.

I don't know how long we were fighting them off for, but I'd long switched to my pistol before they stopped coming. The last few stragglers came in and we dispatched them in short order. I reloaded weapons while the other guy searched the barn.

"You still need beans?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

"Check my pack, there should be some in there."

"Thx," he said.

He came up behind me and rummaged in my pack, then I heard him tucking into beans.

"I never ran out of beans before," he said.

"Yeah, sucks when it happens don't it?" I typed.

We crouched in that barn for a while, two kindred spirits surrounded by death in the middle of a world that belonged to the dead.

"I'm gonna split," he said, "the shooting probably attracted the scum."

"I hear that," I typed.

"Thanks for the beans," he said.

"No problem, thanks for the support," I typed back.

"See you around."

He went east toward Guglovo and I went north, back into the hills.

• Like 4

after looting my way through elektro without encountering zed or people' date=' it started to get pretty dark. exiting the church and making my way to the nearby tower i heard footsteps. what happened next happened very, very quickly.

I spun around and was assulted with rifle fire by a bandit 5 feet away. i went prone and rolled behind nearby cover in an alley. as soon as he came into view i unloaded my mak's full clip into his chest. Amazingly he didn't drop and unfortunately wounded me as well. I wasn't surprised to hear the angry howl of nearby zombies and I had to laugh as one sped by my prone position to attack my wounded enemy. my assailant took cover around the corner as I struggled to my feet. after blowing away the attacking zed He popped out again and i fired another 3 rounds, pretty sure i hit him with a couple before he took cover again. i rounded the corner to finish the job.....and there was no trace. really makes me wish for a blood trail mechanic of some sort as he was bleeding profusely but managed to get away. I retreated back inside the church, shut the door, bandaged my wounds and hailed him on global chat.

'to the bandit that tried to kill me, im waiting in the church if you decide to grow a pair. Bring it on'

no reply. Usually these kinds of encounters have a pretty definite end, so I thought I'd share this one as to me it was my definitive day z moment.

[/quote']

He wasn't there because he probably disconnected...I hate it when this happens

I had been working across the countryside with my friend Gubanov, when we were hit hard by zombies and he was incapacitated with only 1000 blood, going in and out of conciousness. I made my way a couple Km to elektro, and proceeded to sneak onto the hospital, where I retrieved 2 bags of blood. I climbed down the other ladder, but someone had placed barbed wire and glitched it, and I was badly injured. I managed to stop the bleeding, and got back up top; I then realized I needed a transfusion, and quick. I called out for help.

Honorbound47 answered. I was careful, as I had gone two days without dying and had some OK stuff. I told him to climb up the ladder with his weapon lowered and give me the transfusion, and he follow my directions carefully and gave me my transfusion. I gave him 45 slugs for his 1887, told him I owed him one and he went on his way. I remained on top of the hospital, preparing to get off when I heard screams from below. I peeked over the edge and saw him fighting a horde of zeds.

I climbed down the ladder and escorted him up the ladder again to the low elevated part of the hospital, dropping a few zeds along the way with my AKM. I continued covering while he patched himself up, and then we realized the scale of what we were facing. There were at least 50, because I bagged 48 and he had been shooting as well. As the smoke cleared, it appeared they were all dead and we descended to inspect the carnage. We had burned through mass amounts of ammo, and were unprepared when the 2nd wave came, or what seemed to be another wave.

I got up again, but he was surrounded before he could get to the ladder and was devoured. Props to you honorbound47, and I hope to kill undead with you again in the future.

The day was just beginning for me. I had been running all over the north for days. Havent seen a living soul in god knows how long. I had ended up taking refuge in a forest somewhere. I was running low on supplies but had plenty of ammo for my M14. I wasnt to worried. I just needed to find some food and water before my limited supply ran out. So i started moving.

After a while of trumping through this forest i came across a deer stand. Naturally there were three zeds shambling about around it. Eager to see what goodies would be in the tower i made my way over to it on my belly. I clambered inside only to my disappointment were tin cans and chemlights. I sighed and decided to dispatch the three zeds patrolling this place in hopes one of them might have something of value. After finishing them off i noticed i had alerted about 15 greys in the distance that were sprinting to my lil fortification. No worries, i had plenty of ammo. I take aim at the first in line running towards me. When the gunshot that rang out was not mine. Suddenly my shoulder was bleeding as i fell to the floor. Fuck, i thought as more rounds pegged my lil fort. I suddenly realized how dire my situation was. I had no bandages to stop my bleeding, all the while greys are making their way up ky ladder. I hold off the few that made it but knew i was going to be a gonner. In a last ditch effort i took my last smoke grenade and hurled it in some random panicked direction. As i got up to run down the ladder, i hear those gunshots again but this time they werent directed at me. I looked over and realized what happend. My smoke grenade had landex right where this sniper was and the hreys around me were all over him. He started running exposing himself.

"Oh no you dont fucker." Is all that comes to mind as i rose my rifle and took aim. Two shots met their mark. One in his gut an the other taking out his legs. I lower my weapon and watching as he tries in vain to crawl away from the beasts biting at his legs. After i was sure he was dead i dispatched the surviving zeds and quickly ran to the gunman's corpse. I couldnt help but cheer for victory when i find his bandages. My vision was starting to grey out when i finally got the bleeding under control. I took what provisions he had and continued to make way through the forest. Another day of life for me. Relief washed over me. Although i knew this peace was temporary, it was a nice accomplishment of not dying. Life in zone, can get hectic from time to time. Just gotta hope for the best.

• Like 2

Good reads.

Mine: day 3

I have a tent, been running around stocking up on meat, canned food, couple different back packs, extra knifes, maps, compasses, smoke nades, and extra tent etc.etc.

Shotguns 1014, Mp5, AKM, AK74, Winchester, CZ550, various pistols and enough ammo for each.

Well I was equiping myself to head off and look for more smoke nades, and stock some wood at the tent.

Right when I collect my CZ, BAM! I take a hit....lays me down.

Though, it layed me down behind a nearby bush that fortunately gave me cover from followup shots. I was able to take a morphine shot and bandage myself....but fearing death I held out on the painkillers...and got up to high tail it to some proper cover. I get up and make a brake for the nearest tree line...a second shot was made, the bullet hit just pased me at my feet (saw impact). I start to zig zag third shot was made just missing me again, I now know its source by trajectory of bullet impacts. Thinking, "damn, this person knows my tent location, and is really trying to take me down". I then hear pistol shots, and zombie screams. I reach the treeline, go prone and start to counter snipe. I see him fighting agroed zombies....he finished them off and heads for my tent.

As I'm adjusting zero he prones right behind my tent....yes he's looting but in a panick. I can only see his lower ankle and foot. I calculate.... he's near 400 meters out....I take a shot...I'm high just inches, adjust, squeez trigger, hit on the ankle, I see blood gushing and bandeges popping up around my tent...he's in a panick and triyn to get my badages and fix himself.

All this time I'm keeping lookout about me to see if he was a bait figure so others can home in on my postion....I see in the screen he disconnects and he dissapears. It's my tent, I will take however long I feel is needed to make it secure for the moment so I can relocate my stash. I lie still for the next hour waiting , listening for movement, or him to come back, or others to head to the tent thinking I've left. After that I head down look into my tent....He took a 1911 and 9 mags (leaving 8), a map, hunting knife, bandages, and some mags for the AK74.

I load up on the most important of gear, and start my relocating process (using the extra tent)..since that tent is now compromised. Whew, I made it! Alive on day 4, with a good chunk of my gear and a crash course on long range shooting.

And that's my story!:cool:

• Like 2

I was in Vybor checking a farm, alone. I had alot of good stuff. AKM with 2 Mags. Compass,Map,Alicepack..the whole shit, so i was kinda Paranoid. Whiel checking a barn i heard 2 Lee Enfield shoots like 50 meters away. I moved to the window and see how 2 Zeds ran into a house. Than i heard 2 shoots. Than agian 3 Zeds ran into the house, and i heard 3 shoots. I equpied my AKM and aimed at the door, thinking "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit". Then i saw agian how 4 Zeds ran into the house followed by 4 shoots. After that 2 Monkey zeds entered the house...but i heard no gunfire this time. I didnt know what happend... there were 2 options..he ran away or he is dead. After a min of waiting i sneaked slowly to the house and looked inside it. I saw how the guy was getting ate by 2 Zombies. I was thinking "Good that i had not to kill you.." I shot the 2 Zeds and looted him. After that i had a bad feeling... maybe if i helped him i could have saved his life...who knows...but i was (or still am) to Paranoid..

20.4.2012 EU13 The Day of Cars

I found myself at the coast. Again. Not by dying' date=' but by some kind of a server restart. Seems like I have walked the distance inland twice as many times as I have died.

Navigating the land with full survival gear comes like a second nature, but I was somewhat wary of other players, being closer to the coast than I liked. Being in a state of heightened alertness I meticulously scanned the horizon with my binoculars every hundred meters.

Close to Staroye I spotted something I haven't seen before. A car. A red car. Nothing fancy, but neither one of the rusting hulks that now litter the streets. The car was a considerable distance away from me and I couldn't spot the driver with my binoculars.

I started to approach the vehicle via nearby woods, hoping that my presence would go unnoticed. I suppose I did get a bit too excited and got to the car in a manner not quite fitting an alive survivor. Neither had I really planned what to do with the car if I would reach it unopposed.

So there I were, pondering my next move when I hear a step behind me. I duck under the closest tree, but it was way too late to fight back. I got put down without ever having seen the owner of the car.

Bitterly recovering from my third death (first one caused by a player) I headed to familiar ground to gather essential gear. While travelling I run through the previous encounter and cuss myself for being so careless. It is getting dark, but I am almost at my tent and ready to begin a new.

Having only ever seen one car, and only couple hours before at that, you can guess my surprise when, in the middle of pitch black woods, I run into a pickup truck.

It is apparent, that the car is parked in a hiding spot and me being alive, not very well guarded. Without wasting time, I jump to the drivers seat and head of from the woods. After a good half an hour the car is relocated and I start to inspect the gear in the car. A lot of car/helicopter parts and medical supplies. Not a bad catch.

But the day of cars was not over. Skipping forward yet couple hours I am travelling on foot near Gorka, trying to meet up with my friends. I stop on my tracks at a sound of running motor.

I have no time to prepare, set up an ambush or plan ahead when I see a car coming over the hill about 50m from me. I take a knee, set my AK-74 to full auto and take aim to the driver. Before I take a shot I notice another player running behind the car.

I am not sure if the runner was for security, for situations like the one at hand, or if his predicament was a result of some other mishap.

However, at the moment I had no time to analyze the peculiar arrangement ahead of me, but I did consider the running player more of a threat. I reajusted my aim. I fired two short burst at the runner, gunning him down. The car veers left and stop. The driver manages to exit the vehicle but hits the ground dead. I have shot 23 rounds in 3 seconds.

I quickly scan the ground. Seeing no more movement I jump in to the car and quickly relocate it to a better hiding spot.

After hiding the car I come back to loot the corpses. At this point I am not sure if I got all the bandits, or if I attracted more players. Everything seems quiet and I inspect the bodies.

Turns out the other bandit was named Shoarmaboer. The same owner of a red car that earlier shot me down. In his hand was my M4. A rifle that ironically was as unuseful to Shoarmaboer than it was to me in our previous encounter.

[/quote']

Holy shit man, awesome. We both nailed eachother! Did you notice the headlights of the car were broken? Did you manage to fix them?

• Like 2

So it was myself and my friend Jordan, we started in Elektro and headed North East to Berezino. We stuck to the stores and hospitals for supplies. We got blood packs, bandages, food and water. I also found myself a nice winchester.

After we spent a while there we decided we needed bigger guns. We went from Berezino and hit a dear stand I found myself an M16A1 and he had gotten an AK with a sight earlier. Then our journey began to NW Airfield.

We went from the dear stand right outside of Berezino to the town Gorka. We ran on the outskirts of it and passed through it and kept following the road until we hit Novy Sobor. We had gotten into a big firefight with the Zed there and used up most of our supplies to heal up. After that when we got to Stary Sobor we hit the store and refilled on most supplies.

Then we made our way to the airfield and hit the first barracks outside of it. We were prone for around an hour just to get to the hangers we found ourselves some AK & M16 mags. We went into the fire house and we had alerted most of the Zed in the area. We climbed the stairs of the firehouse and shot after shot we fired into the army of Zed.

After we had cleared them out we got on the roof and had alerted more. Then my friend fell off the roof XD! We used our last bandages and bloodpacks for him. We went to the station across from there to fill up on supplies.

We got a few bandages and such then I was on the walkway outside of it and saw a player sprinting in the door with his AK ready and I told my friend to get down and we sat there with our AK and M16 on Semi-Auto and when he walked up the steps we both fired 5 or 6 rounds into his chest and head.

He had 5 AK mags, 9 M1911 mags, 4 bandages, an ALICE pack, morphine, fire wood, hunting knife, and the works. Then after it was all over we ate his cooked food in his pack and went on our way. :P Hope you enjoyed the story.

- Apolarcat

• Like 1

These are all pretty good! I am still waiting for the downloads to complete. It looks like I will be blasting zeds tomorrow.

I had quite an intense hour and a half. I started with 6500 blood, so I was searching for some wood to make a fire to eat my raw meat. Found some in the barn, cooked my meat and ate it. Blood back at 9100, yay!

I then decided to go to Stary for the military camp. I needed some painkillers because my screen was shaking like a person afflicted by Parkinson's disease. Decided to take the southern field between Novy and Stary, when I read in the chat that there was a sniper in the field. He (his name was Carbonated Dave) was angry that 2 guys he was firing at DC'ed, which I understand is frustrating. I decided to take the forest south to the little road that runs between the two roads

-> http://i.imgur.com/rDpEs.jpg

I was running for 5 seconds when I already got a sniper bullet thrown my way. Luckily he missed, so I turned around and ran like hell. Hid in some bushes like a little baby until the heat cooled down. After that I patiently and carefully sneaked torwards the point on the map I highlighted on the above map. It took me about an hour or so, but it was worth it. Along the way I heard some more shots, but I have no idea if it was aimed at me or if he was just shooting some rounds to scare me, or he saw some other guys. At some point I reached a spot where I hear a big sniper gun, so I knew he was quite close. But since I knew he will always have the advantage and I didn't want to risk exposing myself, I just snuck a bit further so I knew I wasn't in his range. After that I just decided to save it because I didn't want to engage in a firefight with a sniper. I have an AK, but it's not much use since my screen in shaking like hell and I wouldn't stand a chance.

It was fun, but what I did mind was me being called a cheater. I sarcastically asked if he was friendly, and he responded by calling me a cheater because according to him I disappeared into the ground. I have no idea what gave hem that idea, because the only thing I did was turn back and ran like hell after he missed his shot. Sad that one immediately is called a cheater when someone misses his shot.

• Like 2

I was only recently able to begin playing so here is the story of my first encounter with a player.

I came out of some woods at the top of a hill, with a town at the bottom. I scoped in to scout the town, and saw only a few zeds wandering around. After slowly moving around the town to have safe access to a barn without moving through a large number of walkers I slowly entered the town. As I walked in the barn a saw movement on the platform to my left. I thought it was one of the monkey zombie jumping around, and ignored it as I didn't think it would see me if i moved carefully. After I retrieved the supplies on the right platform I turned around and saw a player with an MP5 pointed at me.

I immediately hid behind a pile of hay and asked if he was friendly. He was, and in dire need of a blood transfusion. After a few minutes of standing still with our guns pointed at each other we decided we could trust each other. I gave him a blood transfusion, using his blood pack. He gave me some supplies in return for helping him. We parted ways from the barn, but as he was leaving he attracted quite a few zombies. Last I saw of him was him high-tailing it away from the town with about 15 zeds chasing him. Not sure if he lived or died.