Heard someone shooting a Makarov like mad in about 50 meters in Cherno. So I took a good spot for an ambush if he moves. Then I heard zombies aggro, I saw the guy run across the street. I shot him once with my Winchester and dropped him on the floor. Then, I started crawling towards his body and I think he combat logged on me when he got up. I should have shot him a few more times.

A Snipers tale and first Bandit kill.......

Have been playing Dayz for a few months now and i regularly read the forums everyday but don't feel any need to contribute..... but after a situation i found myself in last night i felt compelled to add my story. I play Dayz as i would in real life, try not to KOS but rather watch players from a distance and give players a chance. It has got me killed on many occassion but if i wanted to KOS i would go back to BF3 etc, this game is about realism and probably the best game i have played in over 20 years.

Last night myself and 4 friends ( george, andy, sean and mark ( won't use player names through fear of revenge ) ) headed from our base camp to NE airfield to do some looting. We are fortunate to have a V3S civillian truck stacked with goods and let's us have a mobile basecamp on our regular server. We approached from the north, parked up in the woods and headed into the NE airfield perimeter. I am currently dressed in a Ghillie with an SVD camo, george is with me rockin camo and an AKM and andy is in ghillie with m16. mark and sean are on the far right side near the top 2 hangers. Now the plan was to check the left side units and provide sniper cover and support for mark and sean across the runway but as ever nothing tends to goto plan when playing with renegades. Andy you see if a bit of a wildcard. If he is not blowing up supermarkets with satchel charges he is normally running around elektro shooting anything and everything.... he normally ends up dead everyday. George and myself are moving slowly down the left side of the airstrip in cover and checking for players as we go when all of a sudden george shouts "aggro near central control tower". We stop to check and sure enough i get a blip with my rangefinders saying man distance 900m with zombies all around. Mark and sean slow down on the right side of the airfield in the top 2 hangers and wait inside hanger number 2 setting up defensive positions. We start calling for each others positions and find that andy has decided to do a full sprint down to the south barracks...... i let out a little sigh..... ah well at least we will find out if there is anyone down there. George and myself start slowly moving down through the treeline to get closer to the south barracks and get halfway down the left side runway when andy shouts ... " oh s*** someones shooting at me.... crap i've been killed. Ok andy was it a sniper ?, was it a silenced gun ?... not sure was the reply but it took about 11 or 12 shots so could have been an AR.

We then tried deciding what to do. Do we move further down to avenge our fallen or retreat to the truck . George and myself agreed we would move close to the south barracks for overwatch whilst mark and sean would stay put in defensive positions in top hanger 2. As we got close to the barracks george shouts " i can see a crashed heli in the middle of the airstrip and i think i can see a player being chased by zeds.".

At this point george and myself retreat a little bit and i move to the big rock just about midway on the left side runway, reason for this is it shortens the distance for a sniper shot and gives good overwatch on the entire bottom section of hangers. I'm busy scanning the south right side below the hangers and can see plenty of civilian zed's but no players..... he must have been chased there but can't see him when george shouts...." player spotted at foot of 2 fir trees close together on far side " i scope with the SVD and sure enough see a player lying down surrounded by zed's. I try and get a range on a zed close to the player... hmm 500m approx .... going to be tough when all of a sudden the player moves to a crouch. I call to the others should i take the shot i cannot see if he is a bandit but it's a good chance that was the player that killed andy..... i get a reply from mark go for it if you can and with that i fire and see an instant hit.... i can't believe i have hit him, i have practiced with the svd on goats etc and have not had much success and was shocked when i saw blood shoot out of his head. At this point my heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest and the adrenalin was rushing. I fire another shot to make sure when it comes up ... tyrone is dead.... "wow" replies george "nice shot, let's check his body and loot the chopper". We make our way to the right side of the airstrip zig zagging while mark and sean retreat to the truck as they have to log out for the night.

George is keeping the zed's busy at the crashed heli while i check the dead body..." omg he's a bandit with towel wrapped round his chops.... must have been the guy that killed andy". Sure enough the guy had loads of gear gps, nvg ,m24 sniper, L85A2 with thermal.... we could have been seconds away from being slaughtered. We hid his body then made our way north back to the truck. Once at the truck i switch debug back on and sure enough 1 bandit kill.

I know most players like the as50 and m107 but last night i was loving my svd camo, sure it may take 2 shots to kill but with patience and spotter support it can be deadly.

Edited by trmn8r

how come when i look in utube every1 has a different version of dayz than me with a face in the bottom right corner and cht channel

My First kill(s)

i was in one of the towns, not Elektro. it was near a small coastal airfield. anyway, i'm ontop of a fire station roof, looking for the body of a player, turns out the body had been hidden. so i make my way over too a ladder. annoyingly the game was refusing to give me the option to climb down it. suddenly i hear a bullet whizzing past me and i hear a a gunshot from behind. (a very loud one). my mind went into overdrive and i had this train of thought, all in about 2 seconds:

Shit! what was that?

That was a bullet!

Aimed at me!

Gunshot from behind.

Turn around

Run!

Run to cover!

at this point i shouted out "AAAAHHHRUUUUUUNNN!". Anyway, once i had taken cover i zoomed in on the hill line where i believed the shooter was, and sure enough i saw a guy with a sniper rifle (i think an AS50) running away from some zombies. taking the chance that he was the guy who shot at me i ran over too the ladder. mercifully it allowed me to climb down it straight away. once on the ground i sprinted as fast as i could into the town center. oddly enough only one zombie aggroed me, then lost interest. about 10 mins later of lacklustre looting i heard 5 or 6 gunshots. i instantly recognised them as pistol shots, and made my way towards them.

i was about to round a corner when i heard the sound a player's character groaning in pain. i stepped back and went prone. as soon as i had got onto the ground 2 players ran past me with 4 zombies hot on their trail. one of the players, was carrying an AS50. i hid for a few more seconds, then decided to follow them. i rounded the corner to find both players climbing a very tall ladder with one brave zombie following them. then i think to myself, "hang on, that gunshot earlier did sound like a sniper rifle, and this guy is carrying one. i bet he shot at me!" i raised my rifle and put half a mag into the the player who was highest on the ladder, then the other half into the second player.

that's when things got weird.

instantly after killing the second player i was teleported onto a blank field, then into the ocean then back to where i was originally. except i was swimming just below the maps surface. i quickly left the game then rejoined. things had changed. my characters gender was now a man (previously being a woman), all the items in my inventory had disappeared with the exception of my tool belt stuff. i still had my rifle and pistol, but no ammo. the stuff in my backpack was untouched though.

so, after a quick gender swap and body looting, i had myself an AK (something or other), a G17, some ammo, a GPS and a little extra morphine. (i had looted the hospital earlier).

now i think about it, even if they didnt shoot at me, i bet they were up too no good. a very high up place with a sniper rifle AND a Lee Enfield, did not bode well for the local inhabitants.

i finish this post saying: "if you shot at me and i killed you, HA HA! :D if not, then I'm sorry i killed you :( ...unless of course if you were intending to be a dick to innocents. >:( "

Edited by Updown2

So I spawned in Cherno after a server restart on another server in the parking garage and then BAM. There I heard it, an Ural. I scanned the night and saw the headlights and immediately got off the garage and started running towards it. I eventually reached it and managed to get in the back and steal there DMR. For some ungodly reason the driver hopped in the back so I got in the driver’s seat and kidnapped them while somebody in an ATV tailed behind me but eventually got bored and stopped. Eventually I met with my friend DrCrusher and yelled at them to get out of the truck. So I engaged in Grand Theft Auto Dayz style today with accidentally and unintentionally killing 2 new spawns who refused to get out of their truck that I stole and then proceeded to try and take back their truck even though I said I’d blow out all the tires if they tried to escape. I did just that when they tried to escape, and accidentally killed both of them somehow. Then DrCrusher shows up and we're riding along and eventually we find a bus that was already repaired and had fuel. So we head over to vybor and fuel up and right when we get ready to leave I hear a brief and extremely faint voice over direct chat. He decides we're going to go to stary and starts up his engine and turns to the left out of the gas station and I drive like 3 feet and shut the engine off again to see if I could hear the voices or if I’m going crazy. So Crusher gets a little farther away and I start up the truck and start to drive to him when all of a sudden BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG AK something’s or maybe m16s or m4s open fire and I’m like ERMERGERD WE GON DIE so I drove in the opposite direction and hit alt and look to where Crusher went to see 5-6 guns firing at the bus Crusher was in, I then saw DrCrusher was killed. I kept driving and booked the hell out of there and then all of a sudden I’m driving in the middle of a field when somebody with the same guns that killed DrCrusher opened up with automatic fire at me. He ended up blowing out all my tires and I got out and tried to hit alt f4 to escape because at that point I assumed scripters, it wouldn’t let me because I had bandicam running. So I aborted the old fashion way without ever even getting shot at.

After like 10 minutes after I aborted, I’m still in TS with Crusher and apparently there’s people teleporting to him and shooting flares at him so I was right with my assumption that they're hackers :P.

Videos will come later so bear with me if you don't want to read the short wall of text. I have videos of me stealing the truck, gunning down the truck, and Crusher getting gunned down and then me getting shot at from the guy in the field.

When I was in the lobby one of them was talking to me over group chat and he was like "hey, if you log back in ill repair the truck for you" Well, I may lack common sense sometimes but I wasn't dumb enough to not know this was a trap. I just dc'd from the lobby after that and wrote this story since my WMM is herp derping and not letting me save the videos in a format that can be uploaded to YouTube.

After a unsuccesfull vehicle run (where our ATV also blew up after zombies swarmed it, thankfully i was not on it) Me and my friend was walking along the western edge of Chernarus. Our NVG,s removed the darkness and we were carefully checking our sorroundings. We stopped every 200 meters so my friend could scan the sorroundings with the Thermal Scope on his L85A2 AWS. After 20 minutes or so of walking my friend calls for me to stop. He tells me to look in the distance to the west down a hill. After a second i spot what he saw. About 5 survivors are sitting around a campfire, 3 tents around them. One is wearing a Hero skin, 2 of the others wrapped in the Bandit bandana. Me and my friend seek cover under a pine tree, and i get my binoculars out to get a better look. None of them had proper nighttime equipment. No NVG´s, no FN FAL AN/PVS-4, no L85A2. Basic military equipment, 2 AK-74´s, a M16 M203 , a M1014 and the last poor bloke had a Dubble Barrel. Alice packs and ACU´s. Not wanting to make friends, or risking them accidently spotting us (moon up, clear night), we decide to take them out. I take aim with my Mk 48 Mod 0, and we are just about to open fire when i remembered something. I whisper to my friend: "Dude, i have grenades in my backpack." He took a couple of M67 frags out of my bag and we take aim (thankfully we had both trained with grenade usage in Arma 2 itself). On a countdown we both trew 2 grenades into the camp. A few seconds later 4 loud explosions occour about in the middle of the camp, and 3 nametags appear as dead. I trew a couple more grenades down into the camp, and get another kill. After looking for a couple of minutes my friend spots the survivor with the Thermal, and pops him. We then go into the camp, and started moving their equipment into the tents they had set up (we didnt need it, and it would be a waste just to bury it), and we take some canned food, and some water canteens (ours had been in the ATV). After burying the corpses, we moved out, towards camp.

Edited by V2_Danny

An epic day in Day Z

I had recently posted about finding my first ghillie suit which turned out to be a bit of a double edged sword. I had camo gear on and changed to the ghillie suit which caused me to lose my alice backpack and most of its contents. Though I didn't feel too bad about it as the gain seemed more than the loss.

Next time I logged on (UK 226) I started travelling north in search of a bigger pack and better weapon currently had the Remington. I went over to investigate a deer stand and saw a heli crash! Though I didn't allow myself to be excited as people had likely already searched it as it was right next to veresnik. To my great delight I found 3 M14 Aim's, a DMR, another ghillie suit and a Bizon! However I only had my patrol pack so I sprinted with glee and fear into Vybor. Fortune smiled and I found an alice pack as my first look. After a quick dash around the supermarket I ran back to the heli crash and made off with my new Bizon, DMR and second ghillie :D

So, where should I begin with: Me and a friend of mine had just geared up on my tent roughly a click north of the NWAF. I had a AS50 and a M4A1 as a backup and he had a DMR, rangefinders nvg's and such. Basically geared out. I was the sniper and he was the spotter mainly because I had the AS50 and could zero faster and shoot more accurate. We then decided to carefully approach the sniper spot at the south barracks (like a click west of the south barracks, where you can easily overlook the hangars and the fire station. We've crawled into position and we were waiting for targets to get in the tower, firehouse or hangars.

But then suddenly I just heard the crack of a DMR pounding our position. We got up and ran off in two different ways just to meet up behind the hill again (hill -- open field -- south barracks, get it?).

We calmed us down and then we crawled through the forest area that was right above us. It was day btw. :P

We tried to find out where the sniper was but we couldn't find him. We were sitting ducks for like half an hour and nothing moved. Then out of nowhere, shots. Not at us, but somwhere at the south barracks. We then quickly changed our position a bit up the hill again to maybe get him when that guy tries to cross the airfield (there are people so stupid to do it still..., on bright daylight)

Me and my friend where then lying there for like 5 minutes until my friend heard footsteps. A random guy passing through was like 10m away from us, but he didn't saw us apparently. I took out my M4 out of my backpack and reloaded it. Then I saw him and put like 8 bullets center mass in his chest. He dropped and we quickly got up, looted his body and went off heading to vybor to catch our breath again. I never such a heart rate before, seriously, this game is pure adrenalin!

Ignore grammar mistakes, it's like 4 o'clock in the fucking morning :P

It was getting evening in Chernarus. Me, Toker and The Scottsman had been moving our tent camp to a safer location, and we had just gone back to get the last batch of low grade military weapons (2 74 Kobras, and a AKM). While moving we had spotted a Heli Crash Site around Altar, and we had decided to wait on looting it untill the camp had been safely placed.

Upon approaching the site we heard the combination of gunshots and the roaring of enraged zombies. We quickly form a pyramid formation, and creep slowly trough the undergrowth of the sparsely filled patch of trees. I put my binoculars to the eyes, and i quickly catch eye on apatch of white clothing. Its lieing completely still, and i write it off as a dead zombie farmer, and take the binoculars off. Suddenly the bullets starts flying, but not from the unseen enemies, but from toker drawing in the zombies to allow me and The Scottsman to move to the right. Suddenly the supposed dead body in the field starts rolling, and i instantly start shooting towards him. He is about 400 meters away and i do not manage to kill him before i loose sight, because the helicopter is in the way. While changeing position i see another survivor all the way in the other end of the field, very close to the road. This is about 500-700 meters away, but nonetheless i start popping rounds in his direction, with the kick of the AK making it alsmost impossible. Suddenly he falls, and the kill message pop up on the server. I move my eyes to the debug monitor, and sure enough, i have a murder on me. A long burst of AKM gets fired off to our left, and Toker yells for backup. The Scottsman runs over to Toker who had been knocked down from a swarm of zombies. While this goes on suddenly bullets starts flying towards us, and i quickly move right, and then run down a small section of bushes dividing 2 fields. And as i expected i find the 2nd guy sitting in a bush, with his M1911 out. He must have heard me coming, or was thinking of flanking us too, because he looked at me. I fire off the first shot, and even though i get hit 3 times, he goes down for the count, and i only loose about 3k blood.

I get the all clear from Toker and The Scottsman that all zombies have been cleared, and they are checking the crash site. I then move on to check the bodies. The net profit was good. We found a FAL and a Bizon at the crash site and an MP5 on one of the exterminated survivors.

One of the better firefights i have been in, and im proud of my 600 meter AK kill on a moving target. That is still my best kill to this day.

Edited by V2_Danny

Found 2 crossbows today and a lot of other stuff to build my camp. While looting a house i hear someone run around, i run out to see a survivor with an axe, I wrote friendly in the chat then he asked me if i had a gun so i gave him my makarov. My first encounter with a suvivor without getting killed.

I have to admit that I do work as a professional writer in real life but if you want to read some longer DayZ stories I've linked the ebook of my DayZ novel. They're free to download. So grab a copy and read on the bus/train home on your eRedaer. It's only the first 120 pages as I haven't finished it yet but I think their a cracking good read.

Survivors & Bandits PDF Version (Almost all eReaders support PDF)

Survivors & Bandits - mobi Reader version (Kindle, Goole Play Books)

Survivors & Bandits - ePub version (iBooks, Nook, Kobo)

• Like 1

I have to admit that I do work as a professional writer in real life but if you want to read some longer DayZ stories I've linked the ebook of my DayZ novel. They're free to download. So grab a copy and read on the bus/train home on your eRedaer. It's only the first 120 pages as I haven't finished it yet but I think their a cracking good read.

Professional writer, huh? Cool story bro.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 1

So I am in a full 60 person server, and on TS me and a couple guys are collaborating with a heli pilot to ask people in side chat if they want to get picked up, then proceed to blast them away as they get close for the lulz.

It turns out that the pilot was incredibly stoned, so when we got everybody into the helicopter he started to ascend to about 700 meters in to the air. He says "watch this guys" as he attempts a shoddy front flip, losing about 400 meters before he even gets upside down. By this point we are pretty sure we are gonners so we are freaking out not thinking to eject as we are 100 meters from hitting the ground and he has finally leveled out. We crash land and everyone gets knocked out and two of the guys die instantly.

I am unconscious for about 30 seconds and quickly I attempt to bandage myself knowing I am bleeding. When I finish bandaging myself I check my debug monitor and notice that I have 71 blood from the crash. I was literally seconds away from dying, but I manage to survive with minimal blood and a broken leg.

I ended up crawling all the way to Elektro to meet up with a guy who I helped get a 50 cal sniper from some silly guy running in the fields. He patched me up and I was good to go.

• Like 1

hehehe, kudos, I've seen recordings of survivors barely making it with only 1.34523413 blood points.

as for future reference, when someone says: hey guys watch this, you immediately eject.

Berendir thanks for the support. The entire novel should be out before Christmas. It's available for presale now for only $5 as a launch special for the first 5 days. Link is in my signature.

Edited by Cherno Journo

I'm running, out of breath. One foot in front of the other with a hungry zombie on my trail. I've managed to lose the horde down to one and approaching the out skirts of a town I am sick of running.

I turn around and load my second last bullet into my Winchester and crouch and take aim as the wild beast runs further towards me. The peiricing shot of my rifle stops him in his tracks and a dead silence takes its place. Soon after I hear more screams of zombies and realized I have attracted more to my position. I run into the forest, then I hear a voice. "Woah man, stop running I can help".

I spot another survivor with a makarov, I circle around and he lays his clips into the beasts, killing all of them. I thank him for his help and offer him medical supplies for helping me. Never taking my guns barrel off his position.

We end up forming a friendship and going through and savaging supplies through towns on our way to elektro. We were raiding a military base and he ran off to lure the zombies away from our position. He told me he's falling back to the apartments, I wait... I then hear a few gunshots. I wait a few more minutes then decide to try and find him. I never did, now I walk alone. Making my way to elektro. I don't remember his name, but this survivor helped me

incredibly.

So far I have never had a hostile run in with a survivor, this however was the best experience I have had in dayz so far.

Why do I keep doing this to myself... Hey folks, some of you may remember my earlier story, where I got my character's legs broke and had an epic save of finding morphine in a deer stand, hence avoiding the wrath of my co-pilot wife, whom also plays the same one character...

Well... I gave up sneaking on a few minutes behind her back for a good fortnight... However, today, just now in fact I popped onto play a server DE828 in fact, I purposefully chose an empty server (as I'm at work and wanted to just pass some time whilst waiting on a very long process I was carrying out to complete) and move the character from a near Grishino to the deep dark woodlands east of Petrovka. A simple task of following the woodland, avoiding Devil's Castle and keeping an eye if anyone is in the server...

I did it, easily... I reached the woods, just by the 200 elevation marker East-Nor-East of Petrovka in fact, when suddenly I was teleported out to debug plains, denuded of all my gear by a laughing cracker who proceeded to demand I "lay down to get t-bagged".

I have logged off...

My problem now... How do I tell the wife?... I don't have time to play properly here at work, restarting the character getting all the same, or enough of the same to pass him off as the same character, to her... and tonight was to be our last night playing this week as we're so busy over the weekend...

All in all, I'm screwed... Its all my own fault, playing behind her back, I'll give the crack smoking 12 year old cracker a partial on this one too... Shit on me.

• Like 1

I'm running, out of breath. One foot in front of the other with a hungry zombie on my trail. I've managed to lose the horde down to one and approaching the out skirts of a town I am sick of running.

I turn around and load my second last bullet into my Winchester and crouch and take aim as the wild beast runs further towards me. The peiricing shot of my rifle stops him in his tracks and a dead silence takes its place.

*shoots my winchester* Pewf! *shoots it again* Pewf! :huh:

Yesterday I lost my 27 day old character to an invisible assailant and decided to try to meet up with a few random players.

Side chat was open, so I was able to confirm a few friendlies on the server.

People start talking about finding vehicles, and when I find myself in a construction site I decide to pick up some car parts as a way to make friends faster.

Soon one of the players finds a bus, and I let him know I have an engine, glass, and scrap.

He picks me up from the firestation and then we drive to pick up 3 more friendlies.

We decide to raid the NWA for loot and when we are only a minute away, hacker kills us all.

Some of us are teleported to be killed again, i had waited a few mins to log back in, and when I did, I was far far away.

In chatting with my new friends I learned that the bus was still where we died, and that the hacker had dropped an ammo box in the form of a medical supply box!

I ran as fast as I could back to where we died, finally meeting up with everyone again.

Now I have all of the gear I lost from my 27 day old character again, plus Camo clothes!

We then pile back into the bus, and start towards NWA again.

After someone asks what we should do I suggest blowing up the Antenna at green mountain with satchel charges.

Nobody seemed to like this idea, but it was then suggested to blow up the Comm tower at NWA.

We arrived there, and killed off the hordes of zombies approaching, while one of my new friends planted charges.

After he ran back..... BOOM, the comm tower is now a pile of rubble!

We returned to the ammo crate for more explosives, and leveled another building at NWA.

Now we came back to the ammo crate to rearm.

One of my fellow players was struggling with his mouse wheel options when... BOOM. He accidentally triggers the satchel charges in the bus, killing himself, myself, and another player. 2 players survived the blast.

Now I spawned at Cap Golova, and it's 3am in RL, I should be in bed already.

But I must run back to my body, and the supplies.

Finally, after running blind, with no supplies, and dying of dehydration, I finally find our bodies and the ammo crate.

I gear up once again and go hide under a tree before logging out.

I have FRAPS footage fof when we blew up the Comm Tower, I may upload it tonight.

i was at a private server and looks like i saved on the top of the hospital with enfield and akm in the backpack. i'm really not a good bandit with enfield.. cant shoot people always miss and stuff.. while i was looking at the player list i saw a player name [Medic] Kitty. i said meh it wont be boring like that so i talked to her (her because she had a girl skin, just keep reading) on the side chat. she said that she got a friend with her and i said ok. i was at cherno and they were at balota. when i was on my way i saw a guy with nothing and i said friendly he said friendly too. he found a body on the way and took an enfield. we both gone to radio tower at balota. so we were 2 and they were 2 too. they said drop your guns and i said nope. not gonna happen. just trust us. they said ok. they only had hatchets btw. i said lets duplicate weapons with you guys. (yea im retarded i deserved blah blah) first one was failed because she put random stuff on my backpack and i said just dont put anything so i'll have the gun too. and there were only 1 ammo at my backpack (before dupe'ing there were 3) i said where is the rest of it she said that she put it. i thought that they disappeared while dupe'ing and i told the other guy that i found on the road that put some ammo to my backpack. i was logged off. and when i came the other guy was dead. and i was killed with 1 hatchet and 1 enfield hit.

That was a very clever plan i was shocked..

So i've decided that: "Never play friendly at DayZ; ever."

BOOM. He accidentally triggers the satchel charges in the bus, killing himself, myself, and another player. 2 players survived the blast.

triggers the satchel charges in the bus

in the bus

Think back now...is it possible that guy was the hacker??? Because you can't trigger a satchel inside a vehicle...you must place it on the ground then detonate it. He may have been your hacker doing something awesome all along.

Think back now...is it possible that guy was the hacker??? Because you can't trigger a satchel inside a vehicle...you must place it on the ground then detonate it. He may have been your hacker doing something awesome all along.

it occurred to me that this player was hacking all along, but I don't have any proof.

All I know is we were blown up, and the bus was toast.

I also think that maybe he wanted to prank the bus, and it ended up being a fatal gag.