So I just started playing DayZ a few days ago. I'd been hearing about it for awhile and I'd finally gotten my hands on a computer strong enough to handle the game. Needless to say, my first few days were basically a cycle of spawn and pick one- getting chased and chomped or sneaking and getting blown away. But yesterday (3 Sept 2012) I had a change in luck. I was sneaking through an industrial area (I'm not too familiar with the towns to tell you where.), I had managed to find an AKM and three mags off of a hunting stand, but I had yet found a need to use it. Suddenly, I heard the familiar whup-whup-whup of what could only be a helicopter. Curious, and a little dumbstruck that someone had manged to put one together, I came out into the open. It was risky, I knew, but the chance for help was worth it to me.

My gamble paid off... big time. In the span of the next few hours, I found out about Teamspeak and joined a merry band of survivors who were doing "rescue missions". We would go to the beaches when someone died and try to get them back to their bodies. We also have given rides to random players whom we've come across. This has only backfired once, and we lit the sonovabitch up with the side guns for shooting at us when we were offering help. All in all, I'm enjoying Co-oping with these new-found friends way more than Banditry ever could be for me. Thanks Pun, TaCo, and Dreco, you guys let me in and helped me out, faith in my fellow gamers: alive and kicking.

• Like 1

I was sitting in a bush collecting myself. I was in a heavily populated server just about to bandit hunt in Cherno. I just started moving when I heard in a whimpering little American voice. 'Friendly?' I swing around in a flash when another shreek came 'FRIENDLY'?

This guy had just spawned by the look of it & decided to amble up to a guy in a gille suit & an AS50 in his mit!? I couldn't resist.

'Not really' I replied in my best English bad guy voice. 'As you're new here i'm going to give you 20 seconds'. The kid started to object 'Why would you do that, i'm unarmed, I don't have any loot'. He started talking about his five children & his sick wife LOL! For that I gave him 30 seconds :) I started counting. He ran zigg-zagging everywhere, calling me every name under the sun as he went. It was funny as hell.

I never had any intention what so ever in shooting him, wasting my valued 50cal's on this little piss ant!? But I learned him, I learned him good.

• Like 1

As I direct my gaze away from the scorching sun, my eyes refocus on a tree off into the distance.

I run directly over to the tree line taking cover and some much needed shade.

Resting a moment I took stock of my gear, just some basic survival items. Then check the magazine clip of my AK, reloading for any unexpected encounters.

About 200m ahead of me was a small barn. I figured this would be a good place for me to scavenge some much needed resources. With dry lips I gulp down my last mouthful of water from the canteen.

A last scan of the horizon I run for the barn like my life depended on it, vaulting a small fence passed some bushes around the fence. “SAFE!”

I look around the barn for any useful items, NOTHING! just some empty bean cans that been devoured by the previous tenants. And an empty bottle of whiskey “SHIT”, I could use a drink right now!

My disappointment making me hungrier by the minute I decide to move on, quietly moving to the back of the barn.

I take a peek outside and to my amazement sitting in the middle of the road a beaten up old bicycle.

Throwing caution into the wind I sprint, mount the bike and peddle as fast as I can away from the horrors that were chasing me.

Cycling for about half an hour lost in the vast countryside not a living soul or undead one for that matter in sight. I decide to do go for some higher ground to hopefully get my bearings. Halfway up the hill I stop suddenly spotting something out of the corner of my eye. I dismount, steady my aim with the AK and direct the barrel at the rustling bushes.

Not knowing what to expect I shout “Friendly”, no answer. “Friendly,” again no answer.

Suddenly a loud screech the beast leaps from behind the bushes coming straight at me. Sacred witless I unload half a clip into the beast dropping it a couple of feet from where I stood, a boar.

Having not fed for a couple of days it was a welcome sight. I gut the fresh still twitching boar removing intestines, stomach and other undesirables, then hang it up to bleed out while I build a fire.

Having fed to my heart’s content I let out an almighty belch, giggling to myself that although life deals some crappy cards, sometimes just sometimes it still had some surprises up its sleeve.

Hiking to the top of the hill on the other side I see through the forest a couple of small shacks and a dirt road. Upon further investigation down the road a small farming town. I was reluctant to go into the town but I knew I would not survive without precious water. Surveying the area the town more like a ghost town, now was a better time than any.

On my bike again I haul ass down the mountain as fast as I can and beeline straight for the middle of town. I spot an abandoned house. Dismount my bike and cautiously move into the house. Rummaging around for a while I find a warm can of Coke. Just as I crack it open I hear footsteps outside. Heart pounding I peek out the window and to my horror faces of the undead looking right at me moaning and growling, yet somewhat oblivious to my location.

I think to myself if I stay here I’m dead not just that I will be undead. I’d much rather eat a bullet than turn into one of those wondering rotting beasts.

The bike was my only escape! I sneak outside checking for the best route out of town.

Then I thought I heard a faint motorized noise in the distance. I look around but nothing. I make it back to the bike and get ready for the great escape.

Just about to take off when, the motorized noise started getting louder and louder. Taking another look I see a Heli coming my way. “I’m saved!” I say to myself.

I lean the bike up against the wall I was next to and proceeded to wave down the chopper with a big smile on my face. I hope they see me I think to myself. The chopper was getting lower and lower.

Well they certainly did see me because bullets suddenly came raining down on my location.

“Fuck.” It suddenly all turned to shit. Zeds aggroing everywhere running round batshit crazy, chopper circling shooting bouncing bullets off the ground around me. My heart pumping I jump on the bike and made a dash for the biggest building I could find, a rusty old shed. Ejecting off the bike then diving inside the building.

Now the chopper was circling the building I was holed up in, shooting a volley of bullets keeping me from seeing what was going on outside. Cracks in the rusty old building helped me get a sense of their location but no clear shot. By the time I figured where they were they had already landed. Five guys in ghillie suits and military weapons jumped out of the chopper. They split up taking either side of the building blocking my exit. “Shit” I’m trapped.

Feeling like cornered wild animal I had no choice I would rather go out in a blaze of glory than cower in a hole. “Those bastards” I wasn’t going without a fight.

I readied my AK selecting full auto for the most carnage. Then everything happened in slow motion, my life flashed before my eyes just as I ran out the doorway.

I locked eyes with one of the faceless men pursuing me. Raised guns we both instinctively and immediately open fire on one another. The bullets flying everywhere, “I got him” but alas he also got me. Slowly fading I thought to myself today was a good day to die.

DayZ Christmas Logs

If you don't want to read this because it's too long... this is one of the best stories you'll get about DayZ. Trust me.

I had just spawned in Elektro, and my first instinct was to get to the firehouse. While going there I somehow managed to attract 40+ zombies to me. I was pretty sure I was dead. I had ran for about 3 more minutes until I reached the firehouse, when a man passed me on a bike and I'm pretty sure he was playing the rick roll through his mic. I called for help and got no reply. I got into the firehouse and looked for guns to help defend myself; finding none. I suddenly heard the rick roll getting slighty louder, then increasingly getting louder. I looked outside the window to see the guy on the bike. He had come back to help. I stared as he dropped half the zombies without breaking a sweat. He just randomly started dancing all of the sudden, which I thought was hilarious. He then easily took out all the rest. When I walked down to the bottom floor of the firehouse to thank him, he just started placing guns on the ground. I remember, it was an M4A1 ACOG with loads of ammo and an M1911 with a few mags. He also dropped me a coyote backpack, some cooked meat and some Mountain Dew, which I had never seen before. I finally got a chance to look at his name, however I will only identify him as Santa. Before I had a chance to thank him, suddenly "Santa Claus is coming to Town" began to play and he started dancing again.

At last, he finally began to talk. He told me stories about how he was going around helping new people. When I asked him how the zombies did no damage to him, he replied "Magic.". His friend, who apparently he had helped earlier, rode by on a bike and got sniped out of no where. Santa replied that these were hackers, and that they must be stopped. He took off, and after a few seconds of thinking whether I should go with him I decided to join him. I wanted to know more about "Santa". After running out of the firehouse I couldn't find him anywhere. I did, however, find a fresh spawn and told him to wait for my friend to get back to give him some free items. After a few minutes, Santa returned stating how he had taken care of the hackers. He then offered the fresh spawn some items, but he refused. Santa then again demanded that he take the presents, but the fresh spawn would not accept them. He called the fresh spawn disrespectful, and then tried to shoot him. I joined him because I frankly did not want to get shot. The guy got away though, and we couldn't find him.

Me and Santa continued to talk for a while longer, then I decided that I should ask Santa if we could repair a helicopter and go help fresh spawns along the coast. Out of nowhere a helicopter appeared, and me and Santa both boarded it. This helicopter spawn was identified to me as "magic". Unfortunately we crashed soon after we began flying.

I rejoined the game, somehow having most of my items returned to me, asking Santa if he was near me in direct communication. I continued to ask for a few minutes, when suddenly I was "magically" teleported to a castle up north. Santa then created a crate full of items, I believe it was 15x each item in the game. After I geared up a bit, we both boarded a Four Wheeler and were teleported once again, this time to Santa's friend. Out of nowhere, a helicopter appeared and began raining bullets down on us. Santa just said "damn hackers" and ran off, and once again I tried to follow him. I saw a guy in a ghillie suit and told him to run from the heli, but he just shot me down.

This time when I spawned, I was back at the castle. I had only a few of my items this time, and Santa was nowhere to be found. I wandered around for a few minutes, shooting zombies and asking if Santa could hear me, but I received no answer. I was waiting patiently for about a half hour, and finally I was teleported to Santa. He said he used his "magic" to create a barrier on the server that makes hackers spawn in permanently unconscious. We talked a bit more, then he said he had to take a phone call. We talked through typing at that point. He then spawned us each a truck, and he told me to follow him. We went quite a ways away from where we had been, when Santa finally said that he had to get off. He told me he'd add me on steam, then got off.

This part pretty much gets me mad at myself. Earlier when I was playing GMod, I had changed my name to Rob Gronkowski. I hadn't changed it back. This means that if Santa had tried to add me on Steam, he wouldn't of seen my name. Since that day, I haven't talked to Santa. Before I get on every day, I scan US 1579 for him, then I scan it a few times throughout the day. I just can't seem to find him. If anyone sees a familiar Santa, please message me on Steam. My steam is rejectmexican. I don't know why this is such a big deal to me, but it is. This guy is one of the coolest guys in the entire internet. If you're reading this Santa, thank you for the experience. It was awesome. Keep on doing what you're doing.

And one last thing guys..

listen for the rick roll.

Definitely not the best story I have read by a million miles. The guy was a hacker and you were just encouraging him. I have respect for the fresh spawn who said no. Just say NO to hackers kids!

Edited by CombatLama

Yesterday I was playing with my friend on SE 3 and i spawned in balota and i realized that i was like 200 meters from the airstrip. I decided to go to the forest so i wouldnt be so easy target. I climbed up the hill next to the eastern end of the airstrip and then started to go down the hill so i would be right next to some military tents. Then i realize that there is a car like 20 meters from me so i start going towards it. I also see a tent right next to the car. I go and loot the tent. I then see a guy few meters from me prone in the ground. He hasnt seen me and i dont have a weapon so i start panicing. my friend in skype says i should take the car and drive over the guy. I dont have a weapon so i have two options: to take the car and try to getaway or to: take the car and try to drive over him. i decide to try to drive over him but as soon as i hit him he bounces into my hood and starts shooting at me. I panic and start reversing. Too late. You are dead.

I land on the beach at Lingor Island (on some Aussie server or other) with a military outpost handily at my 12 o'clock. I dash in alerting some Zombifizzled Cernorussian soldiers, -obviosly not content to leave their virus at home- and proceed to collect a rifle and coke. I make a quick sweep of some nearby houses and then proceed to an airstrip with a cow on it. lacking the tools to gut and cook it, i decided to leave it be and check out a hardened hangar, which turned out to be full of Undead Chernorussian police officers... Not wanting to be apprehended by the zombie law I promptly made for the jungle, which as far as I could tell, shot me dead.... And good kill to you, sir!

I have decided that, whilst in Chernorus I may adopt the peaceful survivor persona, on Lingor island I am most definately going to be jumping on the PvP bandwagon...

After my first bad attempts at surviving in DayZ I finally found my bf in game.

We headed off to the power station, he with a shotgun and me with a hatchet.

After successfully finding some loot, but no guns, we decided to go into elektro.

Careful as to not alert any zeds, I crawled almost the entire road down to town. My bf knew where the good loot can be found, so I followed him into a school . Finding reasonably good loot, I became quite relaxed and started going in and out of the rooms on the first floor, while my companion was on the second.

All of a sudden I find a player prone on the floor, checking a pile of loot. Slowly panicking I ask my bf if he's with me. The answer is no.

The first alive player I've seen turn towards me, aiming his doubled barreled shotgun at my head. My mind goes blank, I don't want to die.

So I run towards him, hatchet in hand, and makes him miss his shot at my head. Running around him I try to hack at him as much as I can, really stressing out and scream to my companion to come and help me.

The other player eventually dies, having gotten about 20 hacks to his body.

When I calmed down I realized that he probably was new and that he could have been friendly. But this game makes me paranoid...

I've not had any real interest to post on the forums, but after reading so many great stories. I wanted to contribute but didn't have anything of real importance happen to me in the past month of playing. Until last week. My first murder. You see....I'm all about survival. Live and let others live. But we all know that's impossible. I've never really liked the idea of killing someone who has been running for god knows how long and even possibly a new spawn with absolutely nothing to gain. Time and time again, I yell "friendly" which never seems to phase most of the people playing. Especially when you are fully equiped, gps, nightvision, pretty much a bunch of shiney objects that he wants. I met a man, he yelled friendly. I yelled friendly. We talked for about 5 minutes. Mid sentence, he takes an ak to my head. It sucks, but as they say "DayZ givith, and DayZ takith". My next two spawns, I died before I had a chance to pick up anything. Yeah, it was frustaiting.....all part of the game and all. I spawn again, I'm near the outskirts of Elektro. I find an axe and go straight to the grocery store. I go in through the back door. This time I'm creeping in slowly. I turned the corner, just as I saw a man. Backing up from the front door with his pistol out. I hesitate for a moment. Because a moment is all it took for me to realize. This guy has probably killed me and taken my stuff. "i'm killing this fuckhead" I said over vent. Just as my buddy asked "who?" I had already ran behind him and started hitting him over and over the head yelling "SURPRISE". Blood gushing from every wound I create, this man goes down hard. I hit him over and over until I was satisfied he was no longer a threat to me. I open my menu and start taking my new items I "found". My buddy over vent says "Are you reading this." He continues saying "yeah this guy over command chat is saying 'theres a zombie skin bandit in the grocery store with a hatchet' is that you?". I laughed as I said yes. As I walked off. i realized there were no flies. "he's still alive" I said over vent. Ran over to him and used my scroll wheel again. give painkillers give blood transfusion bandage wounds. This will not do I thought. Letting him bleed out would be too fast. A death is a death. "HAHAHAHA" I yelled over vent like a maniac. My friend asked "what's going on now?". I said "now i'm going to bandage his wounds. So not only does he have to wait until he wakes up from being passed out. But chances are his blood is low and his bones are broken. He will have to crawl everywhere". He immediately battle logged. I waited for him, but he didn't show up. I ruined his last Dayz gaming experience and probably his evening. I still prefer to just keep my space. :o

This morning about 4 am on my Server (DayZ - US 2739) which really has players I decided for the 100th time to try find my Coyote Backpack, after 2 hrs and clearing all loot from barracks back and forth dumping it outside, no Backpack, plenty of guns and ammo and even a pair of NV's which took me a month to find and I still had to get them by a Crashed Heli - I decide to be a trader and abort my server and hit another, while I aborted in middle of Cherno behind the Firehouse (Behind shed) back door, after crawling out from behind shed I notice a pile of loot outside the back door - Same thing I was doing on my Server, so I laid silently with my Turtle-beach cranked and I hear no noise but groaning from the Zeds, Back door was ajar so I crawl in and all gate doors are open so I crawl to the first one and close it, roll to 2-3 and close them, turn to the left and walah, A COYOTE BACKPACK - I was sooo excited I just grabbed it without taking off my Alice, so there goes my food, all my SD ammo for M4A1 CCO (Love the SD ammo - No Zeds here it fire) and med supply's - So I am ready to retreat to the back door, behind the shed and abort when Bob says " Whats Behind Door #1" 3 guys bring a trail of Zeds through Door 1 Gate, I see them, they see me, I run out back up the hill past the house, zigging and Zagging shots are all over, I get hit and I have a concussion and losing blood, I ran all the way to the Apts , and I also have many Zeds on my behind, I hit the first flight of stairs and heal, I hear shots outside as the guys I figure are clearing a path to come get me, I see one and I head up the stairs to 2nd level and wait for a head to shot and I am slowing walking back to the wall behind me - WTF - I walk right in the wall - I mean inside the wall, I see stairs I cant use, door I cant open, no room to walk around and I hear them running up the stairs as someone is shooting I think Zeds following them and they past right by and kept going higher, I decide to use Chat and in a creepy voice I say, " I C U " - No sound at all, walking stopped, total silence, then I say it again and decide to abort (So happy I have a Coyote Backpack now I spawn in my Server and die falling from inside the wall - Next Chapter = Finding another Coyote ( I heard the castle is a great spot - Hint, Hint if someone wants to donate one :) )

A great story about betrayal and the lengths people will go to to exact revenge.

• Like 1

This thread is for posting stories, huh? I actually have my own thread where I post my adventures and in much more bulk and a different format. I do my best to entertain my readers the best I can and make things easily defined in what's what. Sadly, I haven't had too much views than like in this thread, because it has turned into a community thread, not just mine that I use for myself. It is much more efficient to post my stories in one place since it is constantly updated and organized, but I would love to have a wider audience. So if you wish to read some of my ventures, here's the link: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86006-ventures-of-a-wandering-soul-tips-tricks-thoughts/

If you'd like, here's an example of some of my writing in my thread, font, color and all:

I can remember going to the stores, finding what you need, waiting in the checkout lines, then going home to enjoy your hotpockets that lead to eventual cancer, while watching TV and destroying valuable brain cells. Such is the American life. Unfortunately, in DayZ life and death isn't as predictable, and you don't always find what you need.

Part One- Famine-

Food. Water. Shelter. The basic needs for survival. As I walked on, my stomach growling, the urge to find food becomes great as the food icon turns from a yellow to a deep shade of orange. I was running out of time.

I go through 3 towns until getting but 2 cans of food, the rest in carbonated beverages and water bottles. Finally, I come to a supermarket. As I desperately needed a backpack, this was a good thing.

Although, I had heard a gunshot earlier. I wasn't sure how close it was, but I was on my toes. As I entered the supermarket, I found many supplies, some of which I needed, and some not.

Oh yeah, and the guy who fired off the gun was hiding behind the counter. But I soon learned that it was my friend from yesterday, as I could hear him in game and in the call as well. I was relieved at this, but also realized I was being reckless, and that my lack of player experience is a real weakness. Before I even knew anyone was there, I had been looting. Only the sound of his voice alerted me to his presence.

He soon told me that they had lost the truck when, soon after I had gone to bed, they were shot and killed while in the truck; most likely by hackers teleporting around the map. Saddened by this, we did all we could and continued on.

Dark Dayz Ahead

Heartbreak has stricken the clan today after the tragic accident and the Northern Airfield. Staff Sargent TRS passed away after an incident involving Private KBZM. After a gruelling day in the field Staff Sargent TRS and Private KBZM set out to secure water at the barracks. Site reconnaissance reviled a heavy infected population with a rage factor and awareness of around 8/10. Adrenalin and fatigue was high but they sites were firmly set on completing this final mission of the day and pushing through the pain. Just previous to the incident there was discussion around cancelling the mission and calling it a night. Not knowing the tragedy to come they both agreed to continue and complete the mission at hand as their training has enforced on them. What was to follow has devastated the clan and demobilised all future missions freezing the entire organisation. At approximately 1100 hrs Staff Sargent TRS and Private KBZM had eyes on the infected and moving towards their mission with Private KBZM on point. It has yet to be determined exactly how the events played out or what the exact cause was but as Private KBZM turned to secure Sargent TRS’s location Private KBZM’s weapon accidently discharged directly into Staff Sargent TRS. His death was swift taking a point plank round from the M4A3 CCO to the head.

There were several factors at play here. 1. Lack of safety on weapon. 2. Fatigue and finally the major factor 3. Comms button right next to trigger which is activated with the trigger finger.

Private KBZM’s statement was brief as he was lost for words and suffering shock. “I will wear this stain on my life until I die. There is nothing to be said or can be done to make this situation any better. Staff Sargent TRS was a true friend and I can’t deal with aftermath nothing seems the right thing to do anymore”

Clan management released this press release. “We are all truly mortified at last night’s events and are taking measures to ensure this will never happen again. Private KBZM’s future in the clan is under the scrutiny of an inquest and at this stage we cannot comment on his actions. What we can say is we will be running fatigue management. Lobbing for a safety feature on the M4A3 CCO and we are in the process of modifying the comm’s button to be operated by the users thumb.”

One thing is clear there are only dark dayz ahead for this grieving clan.

Dunno if this could be qualified as a story, but something pretty weird happened yesterday.

I was on a Veteran Server, can't remember the name. I had just respawned after getting shot by some unknown in the forest. Anyway, I was running along the coast, I didn't get time to look at the pop-up of where I was at and I wasn't using the website map, so I didn't know where I was. I kept running away from the town I spawned near and eventually realized I was going to the end of the map, and the town I spawned in was Kamenka. But, during this, I noticed in the distance a man standing with a pistol and a car beside of him. I quickly went prone behind two trees and surveyed him. He wasn't moving at all. Then suddenly, another player runs up and starts looking around at the guy. I thought maybe these two were friends. Then came at least four other, well armed players. I eventually realized the first guy was a glitched body. They were looting him when I noticed a small medical box infront of the car. After a bit, the five other players started looting the box. Next thing I know, one of the players starts placing something on the ground in a circle surrounding the body and the car. Didn't know what it was, until they all ran away as fast as possible. It was extremely quiet, I had music turned off. Then suddenly the sound of at least 10 satchel charges blowing up blasted my headphones, making me jump like crazy. I kept watching until one more player walked up and placed one last charge then ran off in the direction right past the trees I was hiding behind. I was sure he would have seen me, but he didn't. Then the last satchel charge blew up and I sat and watched for a minute, before realizing everyone was gone. I also saw at least two more bodies. I think maybe it was a battle between some of the people, since they all split up. I slowly snuck up to the glitched body and looted him. He had some pretty good loot, with the only weapon he had was a G17 pistol. I took the pistol, and turned my attention to the destroyed car and the medical box. I open up the medical box to find... five of every weapon in the game. Obviously, someone had hacked it it. Maybe it was one of the five guys, maybe it was the dead guy, maybe it was someone else entirely. But I scrolled through the list of weapons quickly, taking only a hatchet as caution. I then alt-tabbed out to open up the map and make sure where I was. When I came back in the game, the car was gone, and a man with camo and a pure white face texture was running around with a gun, seemingly thinking I was dead, and doing the lean dance.

I logged out seeing as how this was most likely the hacker. After a while, I went back to this server to find the hacker, the bodies, and everything else gone. I still had the G17 and the hatchet. I guess the server reset to get rid of the hacked stuff. This was in the same day I ran across a friendly bandit with whom I had a nice chat with before parting ways. In Cherno.

All in all, pretty crazy day in Dayz.

Edited by Deremix

Yesterday me and my frien were on some random server. I was at pik kozlova sniping and my friend was at balota. We had a skype phonecall going and then my friend starts talking about a chiken that plays the trololo song and follows him. Then everybody at the server got the shock icon and just before i aborted the hell out from there that trololo chiken teleported next to me.

Hackers are funny sometimes.

I got hit by a hacker a minute ago, he spawned me in air. I quickly hit abort and logged out normally. Then I realized the next time I log in, I will still die. But, I joined a server and while loading, I closed Arma2. That hopefully should save me.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

By far the most exciting DayZ and multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Yesterday(6/9/2012) I met up with my brother who had recently bought the game above the southern airfield in the woods there. We proceed in the hills going towards the airfield slowly, and in this small town above the field we find a tent behind a tree, a very obvious place to pitch a tent but we check it out and there we find all kinds of goodies such as M16, AKM,AK cobra, Uzi, Remington and ammo for it all aswell medical supplies and little food. I had a DMR rifle at the time and decided not give him up, but we noticed that there were also 2 tents there. We decide to find a place for those tents and completely rob the owner of the tent. We pitch them not too far on a mountain and start moving these carefully but before we started I did a small recon around the area to check if the owner was anywhere near. I found nothing and not much activity on the airfield itself, just a couple of gunshots earlier that I was not worried about because there was some distance between the two places.

We proceed with the theft and everything goes smoothly. Some while after we decide to go make a trip down to the airfield cause we were getting low on food supplies. Me having a sniper and my brother with the AK Cobra we found I decide that it would be good if he went ahead down to the airfield and I would keep my distance to give him cover and good sight over the area. As soon as he starts moving down the hill a player in a sniper camo suit(ghinnie suit?) comes out of the damn tree and doesnt notice me. He brought up a gun and it was obvious to me that we was going to rob or kill my brother. I try to be quick and zoom up to his head and fire before he does and somehow I managed to miss that damn shot and the player panicked and shot my brother. Me being furious that I missed the shot I aim instantly to his head and pop three bullets to his head. That same moment I figure that I had made quite a bit noise not too far from the airfield. I loot all the neccessity from my brothers corpse and the bandits and transfer it to the tent carefully. Couple of minutes later a player shows up and tries to communicate through voice chat and in light of recent events I just take up the gun and act pretty hostile, so the guy just ran away scared and never returned.

Some minutes after this I decide to plant me in one of the trees overlooking the airfield and keep a lookout. The place seemed peaceful enough so I went back to check on the tents. When approaching the tents I start hearing shots being fired from an AK, naturally I think someone is trying to take me down so I run like the wind(lol?) down the hill in search of cover. I find cover and check up the hill and no one seemed to have followed. I approach the mountain from another side and to the tents. My cursor picks up two names and I zoom in and see there are two bandits/players who had killed another player near the tents. I open fire and pop two bullets in each head.

Now after this adventure I decided to move my tent to another more secure place but this has been without any doubt the most exciting adventure for me in DayZ so far.

Thanks for reading if you did :)

A friend and I were approaching Stary Sobor ready to hit the military tents searching for AKM ammo. Of course, a hacker teleports everyone to the ocean on the edge of the map, south of Elektro. We switch to a new server and start swimming. We type into every chat about our situation. After a few minutes of swimming we get separated and begin searching for each other. 10-15 minutes pass and we finally spot each other. Then, to both our amazement we see a boat. A gracious Dayz admin/hacker (we have no clue really) types in the chat "I heard another server was hacked, I'm here to clean up the mess, I'm here to help." he said. We jump in the boat and he teleports us to the shore of Cherno and then drops a supply crate and leaves. We took a few items and went about our way (dropping them before we left the server.) Its not the most remarkable story, but I felt it should be shared with others.

All I have to say is thank you so much for the assist good sir.

Edited by derick2589

My first story involves a hacker.

So me and my clan mates just found a megaload of stuff (as you can tell from my current load out, scripted-in items), well guess what, it was a trap. Our spotter guy (aka. guy who stays back to watch out for people while raiding a camp) noticed someone running towards my location, and not just any slow jog we see everyday, this guy was the faging flash (if I remember right, his username was SAMSUNG, he keeps changing names though, but it's always caps). So I ordered for a tactical retreat, but for every meter we cover, he would cover say.. 200m and spraying at whatever his last location was. Eventually we made it to Elektro and holed up in the fire house and brought out our packed sniper rifles (except for me, since well, I started rolling with one as my primary). A hour long, long-range shoot out happened. AS50s, M107s, the hole shebang of sniper rifles, laser gun sounds echoed through out Elektro. He wouldn't just keep still, as in in less than 10 minutes, he took up so many different 400-600m range from us positions. Eventually, we were able to get a lucky round onto him, and bam dead.

Now this second involves a hot helicopter evac.

3 guys from C squad went on their normal scavenge rounds, and were ambushed in Cherno. I received a text from my counterpart from C asking for helicopter evac, so I sent a text to my squad's chopper pilot and one of the other guys (each squad has their own individual vehicle, for example, A has the chopper, B has vehicles, C is foot). I (taking the crew chief position), my pilot and the gunner, lifted from our base, and after a quick check of GPS coordinates, proceeded to the fight. Once we arrived in Cherno, we were able to draw fire from the enemy by coming in fast and low (and of course with guns blazing), after a couple of passes and assuming that they probably fled due to the presence of air support, we landed at the marked red smoke EZ, but the moment we touched down, they started firing again, but thanks to this being a game and the fact you can load people onto a vehicle fast, we were able to do a quick exit, although it sorta cost our chopper (A ton of near red-statuses, except for oil). I know my clanmate was able to record it, dunno what he's doing with the vid though.

I usually play on low pop servers to avoid hackers and so I can loot in peace. Well, I finally decided to jump on a high pop server just to do some people watching and maybe score some rare goods off a camp. I'm heading towards Cherno but taking care to walk along the outskirts and scout around. Mind you, I'm unarmed and I left all my good equipment on my home server in a tent. I see this dude running around the field towards me. I think "Oh shit, can he see me?" Sure enough he's coming right at me, so I run around like a mad man trying to aggro zeds hoping that I can distract him and run to a hiding place. Now it's obvious that I have no weapon or I would have tried to kill the zeds I've aggro'd. Well this dude was so hard up on PvP that he spent his whole ammo supply trying to hit a zig-zaging, defenseless target while being swarmed by zeds that are actually trying to kill him. I'm screaming in my headset "Bro, stop chasing me, you have a swarm of zeds on you, wtf are you doing!?" He continues to take pot shots at me while being chased by zombies. I swear I could hear the Benny Hill music playing in the background as I run around houses and trees with this asshole in tow all while zeds are chasing him lol.. He finally runs out of ammo and realizes he's fucked and starts to focus on the zeds. I call him a faggot and dart off into the woods.*spoiler alert, he dies* and I bandage myself up and head on my way. Fuck that dude and anyone else who PvPs over all else.

New to the forums but somewhat experienced Dayz survivor.

So today I wanted to log into a private hive server since the sever that my squad usually plays on is outdated.

I spawned somewhere in Komarovo and I wanted to make my way towards Balota airfield to try my luck on some loot.

Nothing was spawned in the control tower and neither in the hangers.

I know that there are medical tents with four deer stands if I follow the coast.

I made my way toward the deer stands and suddenly came to a stop once I saw zombies running.

I was able to get a glimpse of the player running along the road.

I decided to not bother since it looked like he was heading up the road towards Cherno.

I vaulted over the sandbags to enter the fortified medicals tents.

I was still able to hear zombies agro nearby.

At this time I knew that the player was also heading the deer stands.

I did some sneaking around the player.

He got hit by a couple of zombies so he headed inside the medical tents.

I was able to sneak up behind him with a hatchet as he was bandaging.

Changed my channel to direct coms and said "Friendly"

He finished up bandaging and replied. "Same"

His name was “Gom”

That was not a bad survivor encounter.

I almost got to kill another player over nothing.

But the better in me told me not to kill a player over anything.

I usually don't like PvP, unless its necessary.

So I made my way towards to Cherno's apartments and began to loot as every survivor does. I was able to find a Lee Enfield with a ton of ammunition. Food, drinks and everything that I needed to survive in the wilderness. I also know that there are medical tents with some rare loot up by the hospital. I didn't really need to go because I was pretty much set to go but I was already so close so why not.

I seem to enjoy a lot more I play more stealthily but we all know that's a lot tougher in the major cities with so many zombies around you. One zombie was able to see me so I decided to make a run for it. I knew it was a bad idea because Cherno higher chances of survivor encounters. When I arrived I checked the first tent but it seemed like someone had already looted the area.

I heard footsteps near me so I began to crouch walk out of the first tent.

I looked to my right and there was a player also crouch walking with a pistol on his hands and an AK-74 on his back.

I had no other option than to drop him. I spoke in Direct Coms and simply said "Turn around" and put a .303 round on his chest.

He hit the ground with one shot, I'm not taking any chances so I always double tap and put another round in his head to confirm the kill.

His name was "Gom"

I'm so sorry man.

One day yesterday, i was out in the rain with my tongue out, like you do. When i hears this strange sound a bit like a badger counting his M&Ms on crepe paper. So i pulls me tongue in and listens. about 10mins pass and i forget why i'm stood still listening. When all of a sudden this goat appears at my leg. it looks up at me and i look down back at it. Then it spoke. "You have not seen what i've seen, would you like to see?" I was about to reply when the goat spoke again. "I know your answer, let it be". This freaked me out a bit so i shot the goat before it could carry out it's bizarre plan. It was probably after my beans and nobody gets the beans but the other more surly beans with fur coats on and matchsticks in their teeth. Did the goat have a time-travel machine, was the goats mum having an affair with the vicars wife. find out the answers to these and more in the next episode.

Day 1, 4:36 AM. I awake early in the morning in the outskirts of Chernogorsk where I had slept in the woods. Supplies are depleted, I have 1 clip of Makarov ammo, no food, no water. Must head for town.

Day 1, 4:48 AM: My arrival in Chernogorsk is going quite well no other humans around(I prefer to be alone) I wander around the city, find some Baked Beans. After a hearty meal I realize I am quite parched, I continue my voyage through Chernogorsk where I turn a bad corner into 7 of the living dead.

Day 1, 5:36 AM: I find my self trapped on a roof, the ladder is covered by the Not-So-Dead. I jump off the roof like a fool hoping to get away, I break my legs. My life feels nearly snuffed out. Scared, alone, 1 clip of Makarov ammo.....it's a bad day. I decide I must head for the Church in Chernogorsk(Remembering the hospital was near the church) the Living Dead are everywhere, it's a nightmare.

Day 1, 6:24 AM: My trek is long(my legs are broken) but I am nearly there, I rejoice. A loud thunderous noise comes roaring from behind, my heart beats nearly out of my chest. My death is near I figure....a man...a LIVING man in a bus stops right next to me. He reveals his name to me, Phantom59. My nerves are on edge. "Friend or Foe." I think to myself. "Get in and I'll get you to the hospital" He says. Truly, I am grateful.

Day 1, 6:42 AM: We arrive at the hospital. "Wait in the bus I will get you some Epinephrine and Morphine." I wait for several minutes. "I've got the supplies." He says. My nightmare is nearly over. "Let's make a quick stop at the Food Market for some supplies."

Day 1, 7:26 AM: We depart Chernogorsk, I arrived in Chernogorsk alone....I leave with a friend.

Phantom59, My Savior.