after an entire week without playing i started today a new char :

near elektro,

first find alice pack..i say, ok now i can bleed to death with more heatpacks..

hatchet in some industrial spawn..ok, now i won't die by zombies at least..

brick house: dead bandit and a tent, cool!

i also see a guy, but just hide thinking of killing him...hard decision but nope, just continue..he'll be a menace maybe inside the town but fuck, it's dayz.

then i'm really lucky to find matches and a bottle of water in a dirty shack...at this point i'm a bit amazed...

then some random ammo and knife in downtown firestation,

able to survive i just want a map or a compass and a weapon, but in the dirty shack behind the church: ghillie suit!

great, now everybody will kill me..i wonder if keeping the civilians, but fuck they won't have my new outfit!

the call of the forest is strong now..

i don't care anymore of maps and compasses, and it's full of weapons in the north!

go to the hospital and run away towards north east, going for the first deerstand i know..nothing

then i run for almost 15' to the north (i watch my shadow..) and i don't believe my eyes when i see an heli crash site!

holy shit i love this game! this was one of my luckiest days but really funny!

just to say, now, because the story is better like this, with my shiny eyes in front of the heli.. i found 2 m14 with mags(plus a couple i collected in elektro) a bizonsd with no mags( bad weapon) and some more medicals...next time: pitch tent, find pistol :-)

Hi guys, I have a story to share. So, I was in a server and I had a lot of tents and stuff. The server had little people so I could make tons of runs into the barracks. One day, I was walking to my tent, and BANG! got shot by a guy... Me, pissed as usual went there to check it out, resupplied in one of my other tents, and came at night... My tent was destroyed. Didn't know what to do so I logged out. Logged in the other day and heard something. I just stood hidden in a tree, and waited... I heard a motor bike... The noise stopped. I was feeling stupid so I went back to my destroyed tent since it was in my way towards the other tents. Heard it again. Started to crawl towards it, and then... I saw them. Three guys and a motor bike. One of them saw me. He started shooting, but couldn't see me anymore. I retreated to a safer location... Then, later at night I took my flashlight and started searching the area, just when I thought they don't have a camp after all I saw a tent... Started crawling again, turned of my flashlight and took my M4 camo. And then I saw it... A motorbike, a UAZ, a pickup and a truck... Then, I saw more tents, spread out in the area. Started to search... Found 4 nightvisions, 4 camo suits, M107s, SAW, MK 48 and lots more. Loaded the truck and parked it in a safe location, took everything they had and destroyed the rest of the tents. I was freaking happy. But I forgot one thing... Why is there only around 10 people in the server....? So, I logged in the other day(Z) and guess what? The server is not running on the correct DayZ version, if you are the owner, please contact DayZ staff. Till that day, the server isn't working, and now, I'm wondering... Are the bandits that owned that camp owners of the server and made it so that they are the only ones that can play on it? Or is it something else? And still, about 2 months later, the server isn't working. What a shame. I'm still trying to learn one thing, that everyone should learn. Use your stuff, don't horde it, because you will very likely lose it, and then you will regret it. Haven't played much since, just glad to have good gear that I found that faithful day. Another lesson; get a bout. Go on an island, I think it's much safer. :P

Not much of an interesting story, but I was playing earlier and I was at the airfield when I ran into another survivor. He was also being chased by like, six zombies and was attracting the ones that were already on the Airfield (he as just running through). He said he was friendly and we communicated for a bit (I was typing). Then I hear a truck pull up and a horn honking. I look down from the watch tower and there's him getting in the truck with his buddy and they drive off, leaving me with like, 10 damn zombies. I also only had an axe... >:(

Had to hop to the power plant firestation to get me a m16 because some shithead hackers had barbed wire the whole electro. Well when i got that gun and hopped out i broke my bones because the power plant gate glitched on me.

Got another good experience.

I was traveling around Elecktro, looting, taking risks where bandits might be, etc. In my travels I came across some stuff I just didn't need. Already had an alice pack, an AK, food, water... During this whole time I've been hearing gunshots around town. I didn't want to attract attention to myself, so instead of shooting into the hospital [due to the lack of a melee] I climbed the ladder to check the spawn there. Sure enough, I find blood, morphine...the works. As I'm headed back to the ladder [prone, so I don't get sniped] I hear a voice greeting me nervously. "Uhhh...Hello?" I turn around and find someone with his hands on his head, since he took note of my weapon. I tell him I'm friendly and we exchange stories on how we got there, etc. I also pointed him toward the 2 boxes on the roof, since there was more than enough for myself. Apparently he'd only been playing for about a day, but I took him around town to grab weapons and that alice pack i found earlier. I believe he also found food and drinks.

Anyway, I got the guy's steam name and added him. Short story, but it was a long process xD

How to be a giant troll in DayZ:

Step 1: Find a server containing several tent camps.

Step 2: Find a tent containing a FAL, or AS50.

Step 3: Take as many AS50´s and FAL´s you can carry, without dropping your primary of choice (unless it is a FAL or AS50 ofc).

Step 4: Pitch a tent and store all valuable gear in that.

Step 5: Switch to a high population server, and go to the coast.

Step 6: Find a newly spawned player, and give him a FAL or AS50 with no ammo.

Step 7a: Have a unseen friend shot him, and make him believe it was a random bandit.

Step 7b: After giving him the weapon, fall back, but don´t loose sight.

Step 8: Follow the player as he searches for ammo (if he does).

Step 9: If the player finds a crash site, and seemingly finds ammo, shoot him instantly. (if player is killed before finding ammo: By zombies. Retrieve weapon. By bandits: Abandon weapon unless all bandits or snipers have been spotted.)

Step 10: Laugh

When you get geared up it is a easy laugh. And if the new spawn play their cards correctly, they could get away with a very good weapon.

There is no risk involved for you, since you stored all your important gear in a well hidden tent. I have had many funny moments with this.

For example:

We had just given this guy a a FAL, and had taken him into the treeline (no unnecessary risks needed), and he suddenly tells us that a friend of his is coming in a chopper to pick him up, and if we wanted a lift? Eyeing an opportunity, we quickly take him up on his offer, and shortly after a helicopter comes into sight. We go to the landing location, and when the helicopter lands, we say hello to the pilot with 6 7,62 rounds to the chest. The friend stands next to the corpse, asking us why we did that. We tell him nothing except that he can keep the helicopter, but he was to wait atleast 3 minutes before getting in, and we will kill him if he tries to get away before that (im not convinced we could have hit that shot, since the bushgrowth was quite high). While i have been talking to him, my friend has placed a Satchel Charge timed on 2 minutes, and we run for it. After 1½ minutes of running we turn around, and watch the big fireball.

Karma bit us in the ass when we got sniped by a hacker 1 hour later (2 kilometers apart in different directions, both instantly dropped by a guy in a building, and i do know it was him since i was close to the building, and my friend 2 kilometers into a forrest.) I cannot be 100% he was hacking, but he did have laser guided eyesight if thats not the case.

Edited by V2_Danny

Hi guys hope you don't mind me posting my videos in the story page, but this thread inspired me.

I've decided I'm going to make a series of short stories describing my Dayz experiences.

This is episode 1 of "Alone," so let me know what you think and give me some feedback.

In this video I'm at Berezino, where I try and protect a random guy from being hunted by a 3 man squad.

I had just entered Cherno firestation when I hear on voice "Don't shoot, friendly, friendly, friendly." Another survivor entered behind me with a 1911 up and pointed at me. He continued to zig-zag and dance around repeating the same line over and over. I told him three times that I wouldn't shoot him if he just stops moving and lower his gun. Keep in mind that I had an AK-47 and could've just killed him at any time, dancing or not. After more than 30 seconds of his dancing, I decide to just leave, I exit out the back door and run a few steps before he says "wait, don't go!" I turn around and he shoots twice and I am bleeding. He then runs back into the firestation. I sprint after him and unload into his legs. He goes unconcious and I ask him why he shot at me when I was leaving. He said the voices in his head made him shoot. So I struck down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those that would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. AND YOU SHALL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE.

Edited by Erizid

Starting off me and my squad were running towards Prigorodky and we got to the 3 houses until the next thing I know, my friend prones and yells "Helicopter! Helicopter!" So we all drop right where we were. Now it's about 12am-1am so it's hard for us to tell where it was. I run over to a tree and lay down next to my friend. In the shocking horror of everything, i lay there terrified as I see everyone from my squad get mowed down but my 1 friend and I. Next thing I know the find us and start unleashing hell onto the tree and my friend dies. The only thing I could do was just sit there and hope they didn't see me. A few minutes pass and they land the helicopter and a group of 3 jump out. In shock, I see that the pilot was someone we recently killed about 10 minutes before the ambush. I inform everyone and I was their only hope. I couldn't get a clear shot so I didn't shoot. I see a few zombies staring at one spot and I look over and there was a sniper running and trying to find everyone. I unleashed on him with my M4A1, he drops and now they are furious. 1 man down, 2 to go. With all hope, I'm about to make a run to the heli, only to be stopped by the rifleman. I didn't even get a glance at him. I died right on the spot. Moral of the story, be careful who you kill. They may be the person that just screws you over. Maybe the reason they killed us was because we killed him... when he had nothing. I can see why he would too, I personally don't blame him. That's my story, hope you enjoy.

I had my first true interaction with another survivor today. I had just awoken on the beach at the edge of a major city. I'm not sure how I got there or what is going on with the locals, but they look hungry so I stayed clear. I saw what appeared to be a firehouse and decided to see if there were any supplies to scavenge inside. I go inside and climb all the way up to the roof to no avail. It was picked clean. I was ready to get out of town when a man came up behind me and asked me what I was doing. I was startled and, having no weapons, just put my hands on my head and told him I was trying to find a weapon to defend myself with. He told me to calm down and assured me he wasn't going to kill me. He told me we were in Cherno and asked me to follow him. Seeing little else in the way of options, I complied. He led me to some military tents at the edge of the town and asked me if I could give him a transfusion. I told him I was no medic, but he walked me through the steps (it's way easier than they made it look on the T.V. shows I used to watch before...nevermind) and I successfully patched him up. I stocked up on medical supplies and as we were leaving he found a weapon I could have, but we would need to find some ammo for it elsewhere. I thanked him and we scrounged around a few more houses in town trying, in vein, to find some ammo and we somehow got split up and I couldn't find him again. I checked a few more houses and found one magazine of ammo for my AKM and a few other useful supplies like matches and an axe. I felt I had enough to survive for a few days in the woods without having to venture back into town and decided I should head out. It seems I decided a few minutes too late. As I was reaching the edge of town bullets rittled the ground at my feet. I sprinted to the nearest cover I could see and attemped to locate where the shots were coming from. My intention was to run, but I didn't know where to go. More rounds zipped past me. One found its mark, but I saw the attacker. I returned fire with my AKM and he retreated around the corner of a building. With 20 rounds left in my 30 round magazine and blood spurting from my chest, I charged. I wasn't going down without a fight. I strafed around the corner and saw my assailant in the prone. I don't think he was expecting me. I emptied my magazine firing at him; he did the same to me. We both stopped firing. I was out of ammo. He was unconscious. I bandaged myself and went to see if I could stop his bleeding. I didn't know his story and I didn't want to leave him to those things in the city. When I got to his body he was already dead. He had the look of a bandit though so I didn't feel as bad knowing that he couldn't kill the stranger in the city who found a rifle for me and essentially saved my life.

Edited by goosey1904

To BingBong and Aloka:

You two are awesome. Made an amazing bond, and I would love to do it again. If you're reading this, hit me up via PM's.

Anyway, story of my night.

I spawned in Kamenka, and I ran to balota. I found an M1014. I made my way down the ladder, and I was staring down the barrel of an M16A2. I prone, and he fires. He misses, but I dont. Guy goes down like a sack o' potatoes. I put a last shot in his skull, get the kill. I trade my shotty for his M16, and move on. I wanted to get to Cherno. Once I got there, I went to the firestation first off to find ammo. I see a guy on the roof, and put two or three rounds down range at him. I think I may have hit him.

I heard him call friendly over and over. I trusted him, and said I was coming up. I came up, and he told me how he was pinned down by snipers. We decided to hunt them out. We made conversation for about 10 minutes, then got off the roof. We went to sniper tower, and didnt find anyone.

We met some people back at the firestation, one with an Enfield, one with a Winchester. They seemed nice enough, but it was obvious they were on teamspeak. We moved on, and then we heard some shots across the map. we go to investigate the supermarket.

I see the winchester guy, and say hi. We exchange in friendly banter, and then I go inside to grab a better bag. As I was putting on my bag, I look up and BANG! Enfield guy pops me in the face. Then, I presume, a shootout ensued.

Anyway, that was all I gathered.

Again, BingBong, Aloka, if either of you are reading this, hit me up via PM.

Was driving along a dirt road in my GAZ when I thought heard what sounded like a corn kernel pomping and then a ricochet ding. Not sure if that was what I thought it was I asked my friend, who was in the car with me, if he heard a noise. He said no, so I kept driving along. Five seconds later, a hail of gunfire from several different sources rains down on us from the hillside to our immediate left.

"We're getting shot atI" I yelled as I veered off the road and into the forest away from my attackers in the hopes of avoiding line of sight. Our hull and our fuel tank were damaged, but after getting out of the forest we were able to limp our way to the gas station west of Cherno. When we got there, we repaired our car with some spare parts we had in the trunk before filling up our tank and heading east to search for some medical supplies in Cherno. I dropped my friend off at the outskirts of the city's edge so that he could run to the hospital and grocery store real quick while I circled around the area to try and draw the zombies away from him. I had a pretty large horde chasing after my car by the time he had finished getting the basic essentials to keep us going, so when I pulled up to him I had no time to spare waiting around. He hopped in the car and I gunned the engine to escape the pursuing zombies.

Yesterday i and two of my buddys were looking for a vehicle. We ran around for 5 hours, from Berezino, to Krastosnav, to the Pobeda Dam, to the airfield, to skalka, back to stary sobor and finally to novy sobor. All this time we didnt see or hear another survivor for all this time, so we were getting careless. Shooting Zombies when it wasnt necessary and running around completely in the open.

Suddenly, just south of novy sobor, we were under fire. I never experienced this in a game before... 5 hours of running around with not much happen and suddenly youre completely on adrenalin.

We were a bit spread out and had just shot some zombies we accidantely pulled. One of my buddys was still closer to the barn when he got shot 2 times. He dropped down unconscious, while me and my other buddy immediately proned. We had no idea where the shooter was, except that the shots were fired somewhere from behind us, but we didnt know if they came from the barn, the road next to the barn or even the trees from behind the road.

My buddy was slowly crawling forward, trying to figure out where the shooter was. BAM another shot and he was immediately Dead. Ok now i was alone and i didnt dare to move. Minute after minute went by, when this bastard got greedy. He moved uphill to my location and to the corpses of my fellows. The way he was looking around, I realised that he had no idea i was there. I just prayed that he wouldnt see me. When he reached the corpse of the one he shot first and started to search it, i went to a kneeling position and took aim. I wanted to hit his head, but missed my first shot. The next shot went into his shoulder. He tried to turn around and shoot back, when i finally dropped him.

I immediately proned again and moved a bit away from my position and then i waited a looong time. No one seemed to be near and it looked like our enemy traveled alone.

I robbed his corpse (he had a lot of good stuff) and went into a position where i could watch over the whole mess, while my buddys where working their way back.

Absolutely great experience... Rocket and his team really created something with this mod.

Only downside was, that a hacker joined the server soon after and everyone on the server just dropped dead. So we all needed to sprint to novy sobor to get our gear back.

Sorry for possible bad english

Edited by Zombie2k12

I am hoping one or both of these guys are forum users

Yesterday a satchel went off in the long grey 3 storey building in elektro. I was unarmed so decided to have a look immediately after in search of gear. The building hadnt been leveled. Anyways all i found was a winchester but I took a look out of the 2nd floor window which has a view on both the opposite 2 storey residential building and also the entrance of the supermarket (if u know what i mean). On the second floor I could see a ghillie with what appeared to be a sniper rifle, who was looking at the building i was in and that presumably he had satchelled. The nice thing about the window glare i guess is he didnt see me take a shot at him. He ran down his building's corridor and i nailed him a couple more times whereupon he went down. So I ran downstairs and outside, crossing the road into that 2 storey residential holding. I got upstairs and Oh man there's a soldier camo guy with some sort of assault rifle already examining the body of the dead sniper. I actually ran straight past him down the corridor to the final room, where i turned about the aimed at the door. Seconds later he comes in and I loosed a couple of shots. Due to lag he managed to spray me with what turned out to be a m4, so actually we both died.

Luckily I repsawn straight at Elektro so ran back to the said building and proceeded to gear out from a mix of these two players. I have literally everything now, all the tools. The sniper had a DMR with 9 mags and i took the m4 with a few mags in the backpack. I have grenades too. Needless to say, I hid their bodies and left the server. All that drama from a fucking winchester :)

Now I just know i'm gonna get teleported and killed somewhere..

Clearly you didn't strike him down with enough vengeance or furious anger. Make him know your name is the Lord when you lay your hand upon thee.

I just got murdered in a firefight probably 3 bandits VS me. One of those guys failed sneaking up on me, so I lighted him up with my AKM. Then I hear A LOT of some sniper and automatic rifle fire on me, not sure where exactly, so I put my AKM on full auto and start firing. I got hit a plenty of times, they broke my legs and I was nearly bled out. Well, they got scared of the AKM, so I tried bandaging myself, but that was too late, the sniper got me. This happened randomly in middle of nowhere.

On that guy, I had everything from NVGs to rangefinders, AKM with 13 mags, an M9 with 3 mags, a lot of beef and all the tools. And I had pretty good luck earlier, I found 2 heli crash sites, one yesterday and one about an hour ago.

And just to add, I really wasn't aware at all, so that kinda took me by surprise. Still good I managed to get one of the fuckers.

Edited by Sutinen

I logged in today to play for the first time and got a few crappy spawning points so I would let myself die and then i finally respawned right next to a city(i just started playing mind you so i dont know what the name of the city was). I go in kind of bored and expect to just goof around after getting past some of the learning how to play of the first few lives, well i walk into a fire station and right off the bat find an Ak47 with Kobra sight and 4 mags as well as a M1911 with 2 mags. I was excited to finally have enough tools to survive and went around the city going into all the building and painstakingly crawling across all the streets to avoid detection from the zombies. Eventually i find grenades, smoke grenades, night vision goggles, and a czech pack right after having picked up an alice pack and then i also found an enfield. Now that i had obtained all these supplys and firepower I was about ready to go look for another city and was making my final decision on what to take: an extra can of sardines, or an extra M1911 mag when I get shot in the back of the head by a single guy with a makarov. My first day playing and maybe my last in a while, I am too frustrated to return to the server.

Evening chaps. Joined the forums just to post this story. It might be a bit of a long one but I thought it one worth telling. Pull up a chair, put the kettle on and read on.

I'd been surviving for about 3 hours at a time before this spawn, so I chose Male or Female skins at random. For this adventure I went with the Female skin in the lame hope that people would think a split-second longer about shooting a female on-sight compared to a Male. Worth a try...

I spawn to the west of Kamenka, which by now has to be regarded as the absolute worst place to spawn on the map. Nevertheless I'm on a mission to meet two of my buddies who've made their way to the lighthouse between Kamenka and Komarovo. In the very distance I see they've lit it up like a christmas tree and in the pitch black I sprint to it without stopping to look at any other building on the way. When I get there I meet my hombres, one of them has found a bicycle and the other has a hatchet for me, I feel like all of my birthday's have come at once as we proceed eastwards towards the Balota airfields. As this was an older version of the game the airfield was graphics glitching all over the show but we managed to hatchet our way out of there with some degree of style, bicycle still in tow, but still without any projectile weaponry.

We headed North-ish hoping to find a few better supplies and dodge Cherno, but soon became hopelessly lost. By this point I'm still a complete n00b at DayZ but somehow have a bit of a penchant for navigation in real life. I manage to decipher the hills and roads around me and let my buddies know that we're actually next to Vysota hill, just north of Cherno, and soon after we are attacked by about a dozen zombies. We do our best to hack as many Z's as possible but my friend (who isn't chilling on the bike) breaks his leg and we are all bleeding out and dropping into greyness, I assume we're going to die and prepare for the cold embrace of death. We make one more pledge to sprint to the hospital tents in Cherno and vow to die fighting rather than bleeding out in the woods. Despite not being able to stand with his broken leg, my partner manages to ride a bike perfectly fine so he lights a flare and leads the way on his two-wheels to Cherno. Despite wading into the city with such an obvious fanfare we escape detection from every human player on the server and actually manage to get patched up. After assuming that Cherno must be just about empty we do some looting and I finally get a weapon in the shape of a Lee Enfield with about 10 mags. Our last stop for the night is the Cherno firestation and I'm leading the way on my belly towards the front doors. As I crawl in my blood runs cold as in the corner of my eye I see a survivor aiming a revolver up the stairs. By now my two other buddies are by my side and they sneak up to and hatchet the guy to death - at least they would've if he was alive, he is merely a glitched out body that hasn't disappeared yet. He has a better pack than me so I swap my pack and log off for the night.

The next day we raid the supermarket and manage to get some wilderness survival tools between us, then we set out for the NW airfield. To my horror I realise that my pack swapping from the night before has left me WITHOUT a pack at all, and worse still, my Lee Enfield was in the pack. In what feels like forever, we run north towards the airfield and I am feeling like the biggest noob in existence without a pack (and somehow without a flashlight too, I don't even know...). Luckily we manage to stumble across a helicopter crash site and I go from zero to hero after finding a Bizon with 3 mags. Suddenly I feel like one of the team as we continue to the airfield. We head towards a shed next to the soutern-most barracks and by now it's pitch black. We've got a few flares but I'm still hopelessly without flashlight and I have no idea about the gamma slider trick yet! We all crawl into this shed and I anticipate that something has gone very wrong. We sit in total stillness for about 3 minutes, proned on the floor, thinking we may not have aggro'd any zombies...and then they came. From both exits in pitch darkness the Z'd pile in. I am letting fly with my Bizon like there's no tomorrow, desperately trying not to hit my buddies in a room that is about the size of a car. They just keep coming and coming and once again, I assume that we're going to die. Not today! Just as my Bizon empties and the smoke settles on the new zombie carpet, we get a few minutes respite and I blood transfuse and medic my buddies to full health. I ditch the Bizon and we all agree to have another crack at the NW Airfield once daylight arrives. In the mean time we head north west towards the vehicle spawn point but find it empty. We log off once more.

When I log back in I am completely alone. My buddies began long before I got home from work, so I find myself utterly stranded - still without pack, flashlight and projectile weapon - in one of the most remote parts of the map. At least I have my health! I agree to meet one of my buddies at the NW airfield so I can get some of my shit together, when on the way across Bashnya mountain, I see a Ural parked in the trees. I suddenly hit the deck and watch the truck for about 15 minutes with my binoculars, just waiting to see movement. There's nothing. What the hell, I'm going to get that truck! I make a mad desperate dash, hatchet in hand, climb into the drivers seat and gun it off of the mountain. I run a few circles to confuse any would-be persuer but I couldn't hear any shots or see any action in my rear-view. Now I've got no weapons, no pack, but a truck, which is probably one of the rarest things in the game. My buddy finally meets up with me - now some way from the airfield - and to my shock he has brought me a DMR. What a hero! We agree to stash the vehicle, and to this day I'm shocked nobody heard the engine starting up when we drove it to safety. We logged out. When we logged back in the vehicle was gone.

I'm alone again, but feeling genuinely more badass with my DMR. My friends are at Stary Sobor so I hotfoot it there only to find them embroiled in a tense sniper situation. I crawl up to the ledge where just about everyone overlooks the military tents and I find one of my guys there. The other is down in the tents under sniper fire. We skirt around for ages trying to find the sniper but to no avail. Eventually the gunfire stops and we assume he's logged out. Suddenly in the distance we hear the roar of a Ural engine and from the ridge we see it thundering through town. It was too far away to take any decent pot shots but we assume it's heading to Novy Sobor to refuel and so we leg it at breakneck speed towards the fuel dump. Sadly our predictions were incorrect and nobody was there. Instead we head to the Church, loot it, and log off for another night.

There is about a two-week break here before I logged on again. I'm in the church again and this time I've picked a server with only one other person on it just to try and re-learn the controls again. It's pitch black (again...) but now I've finally got a flashlight. As I spend about 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get my flashlight into my hand without losing my pistol I hear faint footsteps and to my absolute horror a road flare comes flying in through the open church door. In sheer absolute panic, I'm ashamed to say, I disconnected. Despite the fact I had the drop on this guy (who was probably a new spawn in Stary) and had a DMR, I was so petrified I could only think to quit!

When I finally pluck up the courage to play again, I'm solo once more, I make my way again to the NW airfield. I'm a lot more confident at the game now and I'm a bit of an expert at patiently avoiding Zs. I find a G17 at the barracks and finally an ALICE pack so I can actually carry some shit at long last. I also find a tent and a ghille suit. Being female I can't wear it so I stow it away in case I ever run into my friends again. After nearly dying in the aircraft hangars because I didn't realise Zs could run in them, I patch myself up at one of the airfield buildings and then crawl to the northern-most hangar. Again, there's only one other person on the server, so imagine my horror when I hear gunshots from where I'd just been patching myself up! My spine undergoes the familiar freezing and I scan the open airfield through the scope of my DMR. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I see a guy running South across the runways followed by about twenty Zs. I bite the bullet, decide not to shoot, and instead ask across Direct if he 'needs any help?'. He starts frantically looking around trying to spot where I might be before finally he STOPS DEAD to try and type a reply. The inevitable happens and he gets sacked by about 6 zombies at the same time. The rest catch up to him and as I ponder whether it's worth a DMR mag to try and save him, I see his death message. At least there are bigger noobs than me playing this game.

From here my story gets boring as I live off of the land and don't see another human player for days. I start hunting for vehicles and possible stash locations but find nothing. Becoming aimless and bored I decide to pitch my tent and stuff it full of goodies for when my friends return to the server. I test out several potential hiding spots before settling for one just north of Gvozdno, a godforsaken town where nobody would ever stop to visit. I pitch my tent and run around the outside doing concentric circles to see how well hidden it is and to be perfectly honest, it's almost invisible. Great! I walk towards my tent to put the first loot inside but I can't seem to get the menu up. I go prone and crawl closer to the tent - LEG BREAK. For no reason at all I suffer a broken bone. No problem, I have the gear to fix it, I access my gear - SANDTIMER. The time is running down over my head and I still hold out hope that I can heal myself... YOU ARE DEAD.

My 53-day-old character was dead. She died from crawling into a tent and glitching.

Back to the beach.

• Like 1

I was playing lingor when i saw an armed man (PieSpy) next to a chopper and i told him i was friendly and if i could get a ride to my friend. He said sure and we picked my friend up went to the prison geared up, picked up 5 random people. From there we flew to a crash site and when we left the chopper someone started shooting and killed four others before i finished his killstreak. So there we were me my friend (onepieceproductions) and PieSpy. We picked up two other guys from Pista and theres where it started to get bad.. Someone shot at our helicopter and we flew away but decided to go back and kill him,well ofcourse he shot our chopper down and looted us laughing at the same time (his name was oscar something) i sweared revenge and went back got my AKM and shot him trying to fix another chopper.

R.I.P Chopper Squad

We were helping people and they shot us down well now we got our revenge!!

Two stories, friendos.

Okay, so I was playing on the Survival Ops - Hard Corps Private hive server alone. I was at the NWAF to try and see if I can find one of the new vehicles they added, but to no avail. I moved on, but as I was leaving, I hear a gun shot. Had to be a G36C (legit, it's part of Hard Corps). I proned my way over, until I aggro'd a zed, and I broke into a sprint to lose it. I ran through a pine tree, and then I hear two more shots, and this time two cracks accompanying them as the bullets hit the ground near me. I sight up with my AKS74, and he fires again. I get hit in the shoulder, and go prone.

I don't quite know where he is, other than he is in front of me. I fire half my mag into his general direction, then get up. I see 3 zeds sprinting towards someone that's not me. I follow their movement, and bang. I see the guy. He sees me too. I get behind a tree just as two more shots land near me, one grazing my shoulder. I lean out, and clear the rest of my mag. Not enough. I reload, and see he's on the ground, and the zeds are feasting. I drop the zeds, and walk up to his unconscious body. A three round burst to his skull gives me a murder and a death message. I take his GPS, M9 SD, G36, Coyote Backpack, and some more stuff assorted things.

Just then, the server restarts....And I was in shock lol.

STORY TWO

I was playing on Lingor, and night was falling. Eventually found me at an Airbase. I see fire in the distance, and aggro'd zeds, so I follow at a distance. Then, all of a sudden, an M240 opens up on me. I prone, and go into the woods, and bandage my wound from the one time he hit me.I keep going. Eventually, I see it's a crashed chopper. I prone over to it, and fine an AK-74 with 4 mags. It'll have to do. Now, a zed wanders too close to me, and aggro's. I sprint for the triangle shaped hangar things, and go inside one. I find another AK mag in there, and grab it. I go out the other side, and I crouch out the back door. Just then, I see movement. Two guys, both have assault rifles. I crouch by a tree. They stop, and the point man looks at me. I look at him. He was deciding if I was a player or not, and I decided to let him know just what I was by a five round burst to his chest.

We all prone out, and the most intense gunfight I've ever had breaks out. I focus on the wounded guy. Half a mag later, and he's dead. I start firing on the guy who's left, and drop him after a mag and a half. I get up to gtfo, and then I hear M240 shots again! I have no idea where they're coming from, but I get hit in the skull and drop like a sack o potatos.

I was playing in a JP server since it's the lowest ping i can find. I've always knew that the Japanese are always KoS and are pretty good at it. Anyway, I spawned in Cherno near the church, so i said to myself why not loot the church and GTFO. While i was getting closer to the church i hear someone in direct coms. he seemed clueless and panicking since gunshots can be heard everywhere. i peeked inside the church and i thought no one is in there. When i come in i saw this Japanese dude screaming at me with a flashlight. I said "Friendly! I'm a friendly, i'm unarmed!" but he still screams and panics while i stare at him. I said to direct chat and direct coms that it isn't safe here and should follow me. I think he understood what i meant and GTFO out of there. All the way to Prigo he was speaking in japanese all the freaking time. We looted the barns and found an Enfield and CZ so i gave him the Enfield and i got the CZ. But as i search for zombie movements in town so we could get out safely. i suddenly hear an Enfield go off. I thought it was an another player but when i looked at that Japanese dude, he was aiming at me. he said something in japanese and shot me in my face. I WILL NEVER TRUST JAPS EVER AGAIN!

Took place over the course of two days and involved at least two other attempted victims, but I've condensed it for storytelling's sake.

Dreadsauce pressed his back against the rear of the hospital. Trips to Chernogosk never ended well for him, and yet this time he was set. Beans, soda, morphine and a Lee Enfield loaded to bear with five magazines. Panting, he voraciously consumed a can of pasta as he considered his next move.

He could always head up north, as he had all the gear he needed to survive in the bean-less wilderness.

Another choice could be to head to Elektro and scavenge more supplies; the promise of phat lewts and slain bandits over the radio had brought most everyone to Chernogosk and he could slink away unnoticed.

And there was always the option of finding a quiet place to rest his head, letting him face the next day refreshed and clear-headed.

These were all good, safe, logical options.

Dreadsauce wasn't one for logic.

Deciding against leaving Cherno, our hero looked skyward, up to the roof of the hospital. He grinned. He had nothing to lose and five Enfield mags; it was high time he had a shot at infamy.

With an excited chuckle, Dread scrambled up the ladder and took cover behind a no-longer functioning AC unit. He was going to be that douchebag on the roof of the hospital no matter what. His reign would be legendary, his wrath unmitigated. As long as he popped up only to shoot people he'd have complete cover. It was perfect.

For the final touch, Dreadsauce fished a long length of cloth from his backpack, removed his baseball cap and wrapped the cloth around his head. Facewrap in place, Dreadsauce the Bandit peered over the edge of the hospital in search of victims.

---

"COME ON OUT, BRO. I JUST WANNA GIVE YOU A HUG. WITH MY GUN."

Dreadsauce yelled towards the axe-wielding man that hid behind the wall on the hospital's northeast side. Dread had expended an entire magazine shooting at him, and he wasn't about to give up. Although his rifle had attracted half of Chernogosk's undead population, they seemed incapable of climbing the ladders, meaning Dread was completely safe.

"COME OUT, I WANT YOUR BEANS," the Bandit screamed as he fired another round at the now-moving axeman, clipping his arm. Angered, the badgered survivor jeered back.

"SUCK IT, HEADWRAP."

Dreadsauce popped off two more rounds, both of them missing as the axeman hid behind cover once more. "YOU'RE JUST PROLONGING THE INEVITABLE! GET YOUR ASS IN MY SIGHTS!"

There was no response. For ten minutes Dread watched and for ten minutes the axeman didn't move. Dread growled, growing frustrated. Finally, he took his attention away from his prey to scan his surroundings.

He was glad that he did. In the field by the house across the hospital's south side there scurried a man with an automatic rifle. Dread watched as the oblivious fool took cover behind a tree, his center mass exposed.

Dreadsauce shouldered his gun, steadying his aim. If he missed this guy could gun him down. The man looked around himself, checking his magazine. Too late did he look to the roof of the hospital, eyes zeroing in upon Dreadsauce.

"HIDING BEHIND TREES? OH, YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT'S A PADDLIN'."

Dreadsauce fired one bullet and one bullet struck the poor sap. He convulsed once and fell over, dead. Dread let out a whoop of enjoyment before whipping around to confront the Axeman.

Just his luck-- Axeman had made a break for it. Bringing his Enfield to his shoulder once more, Dread fired off five more shots, finishing his magazine. Three hit the dirt and two struck home. Axeman fell mid-stride, slamming against the wall he was running towards and slowly collapsing, leaving a bloody smear on the wood.

With a delighted giggle, Dreadsauce sunk back below the raised edge of the roof to feast on beans and coke. For several minutes he lay there daydreaming before flipping back around, peering carefully over the edge.

To his surprise, he saw two odd shapes on the roof of the under-construction building at Chernogosk's far end. He frowned, unable to really make them out; he never ate his carrots as a child. Luckily, he had found a pair of Dora the Explorer binoculars earlier that day.

He stood up, putting his binoculars to his eyes. The two blobs came into focus; snipers, two of them, both with ghillie suits and military-grade rifles. One of them made a hand gesture and lifted his gun, pointing it toward the hospital.

"Damn, are those snipers? Maybe they're zombies... I... Oh god no they're snipers."

It was then that the distinctive cry of an AS50 echoed through Chernogosk. Dreadsauce's sternum exploded in a shower of blood and gore, the bullet having torn a gaping hole clean through him.

Dreadsauce the Bandit dropped his binoculars, twitching. With a gurgling exclamation of "Damn.... bro...." he fell backwards and expired.

Dreadsauce's reign as Douche On The Roof had come to an end.