Well, just had possibly the best experience yet. On DE1611 I believe

I spawned right by Elektro and made my way towards the firehouse/supermarket/police station(Is that what its called?) area to stock up. I passed 2 people who both had guns, but thankfully were either nice, or out of ammo as it went without incident. Sprinted to the fire station but it looked like it had been looted already, I waited till the zombies who had been chasing to amble off, then cautiously I crouched to the church. I noticed that a bus had embedded itself in the church wall, I was tempted to try it, but its not exactly the best area to start experimenting. The church had a M1911 but no ammo, plus a couple of extra bits, drinks and flares.

From the church I headed to the police station, and found a double barrelled shotgun but only 2 shells for it, not a good sign for this spawn.

While looting the police station, I started hearing pistol shots, it wasnt far so I made the decision to get to the supermarket and get out. I reached the supermarket and was thrilled when I spotted a crossbow and 3 bolts. My begining weapon of choice, sweet.

I also found some food and a makarov, so I finally thought its starting to go ok.

I started towards the exit when another survivor walked in with a lee enfield pointed at me, so much for it going better. I hid behind the shelves for cover and typed 'friendly'. I waited but no response, but on the plus side, no bullet to the brain either. I peeked round and saw he was looting, fair enough, but I didnt want to chance it any further. Sprinting for the door and heading for the cafe I got a message asking for help for a blood transfusion, so maybe friendly after all. I said we should head to the hospital and pick some up.

We reached the hospital, the journey was mostly taken with a crossbow aimed in their general direction just in case, no offence, but people can be coward dicks. I went through the boxes in the hospital but they were all empty of blood, which I told the guy. I did the good samaritan thing and gave all my food into his backpack, and saw a blood pack on the floor smh. A few zombies later I had given my first transfusion, my new buddy then decided that I was surplus to requirements and sprinted off towards the docks. I watched him go Benny Hill style as he accumulated zombies and ran around trying to get rid of them, hilarious. He then ran towards me so I started using my crossbow bolts on the closest zombies, wishing I hadnt stayed to watch. Someone else with a pistol appeared, things started to look bad again. As more zombies started to swarm a god damn bus rolled to a stop just round the corner, the same bus that was outside the church. The possibility of a horde of zombies over a possible player killer driving a bus was too hard to pass up, plus maybe I could sneak into a back seat while he wasnt looking. ;)

I ran around to the front to see the drivers seat empty, the driver had obviously got out and was dealing with zeds so I ran for the door and jumped in...the drivers seat. I was going to hop in the back and sit really still when there were loud shots and I suddenly had fractures. Oh great, the driver thinks Im stealing his bus, well OK if he thinks that Im not going to disappoint. Vroom, and Im off. More shots and the engine indicator goes red. Come on you piece of ****, get me out of here.

The bus soldiered on despite the damage and I was free of Elektro and heading north. Happy that I had got my second bus since playing Dayz, and that it was the second bus borrowed from those that had repaired it. I shall call it Wiggles!

Just outside Elektro I decided I wanted to head towards Cherno instead, so after a quick turnaround I was back heading towards the mayhem I had just left. I drove past the hospital towards the fire station, shots rang out but no source. I left Elektro with no further incident. I went through Cherno and carried on all the way to the west map edge, but nothing happened, so I turned round to head back towards Cherno. As I reached the heavy industrial railyard area I went along the tracks to avoide the road debris, just as I reached the yard someone stepped out pointing a gun at me. I did what any self respecting bus driver would do, I ran him down. This had consequences though, the bus hit a small, black, trackside box and busted a wheel, well it looks like my driving adventure was over. I got out and the guy I had run down was on the floor trying to shoot me! How rude!

He started rolling to avoid me (obviously broken leg), but a makarov clip soon took care of that. After looting the body I started to search the nearby sheds for a new wheel so maybe I could continue. I searched most of the sheds when I heard the bus engine start up, someone was trying to steal the bus I had stole, people were a lot more rude in Cherno obviously.

Sprinting back to the bus, makarov drawn (yeah I know, but I didnt have anything else), started firing at the windscreen hoping for a lucky shot. The guy got out, and in his hands was an AK, well an AK vs a crossbow/makarov wasnt very fair, but I wasnt going to let the bus go without a fight. A running firefight ensued around the sheds with me taking a couple of hits, I was bleeding and needed to hide. In a bush and bandaged up I waited, it was very quiet and I had seen a couple of '... is dead' messages. I hoped maybe I had got a lucky shot off, I creeped out and had a look round, BLAM BLAM, two shots in the back, but I was still standing. I sprinted round a building went to prone and aimed at where I had just been, and waited, I took the chance to bandage up when BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, three shots to the head, instantly dead.

Someone obviously wanted that bus!

Ace fun.

Edited by Rhoobarb1
  • Like 2

Yeah, Happened 10 Mins ago. Was on a Server (LU352) with a Friend of mine to kill a few poor guys in Elektro. I joined first on the roof of the Medic station and there was already a body lieing near me. And on the very Top of medic station i saw a guy for a few secs and then he laid down also. So i waited till he raised his head again. He did and i got my first Bandit Kill with my new Char. Then i recognized that the other body lieing next to me wasn't dead (i heard the Heartbeat when i looked at him), shot, Murder. Yay! My friend joined in on the top where the Bandit Body was. And he told me that there is a Guy on the Hill Above the Powerplant, not sure if dead or alive. I watched at that time some poor Boy in the school running left to right, right to left, up and down with no realy plan^^. Then my friend got shot from the guy on the Hill. And i got Kicked because of Battleeye (damnit). So i wanted to join on another Server change Position and get the Sniper on the Hill from behind. But when I spawned on another Server i was in a complete different Building below or in the Floor. Moved a bit and "Crack" Broke my neck instantly.

I know this is Alpha State and we're here to test it but it is so awful to get killed by such a F****** S***. At least i wish i got killed by the Sniper like my friend was.

Edited by Mars1984Upilami

Yeah, Happened 10 Mins ago. Was on a Server (LU352) with a Friend of mine to kill a few poor guys in Elektro. I joined first on the roof of the Medic station and there was already a body lieing near me. And on the very Top of medic station i saw a guy for a few secs and then he laid down also. So i waited till he raised his head again. He did and i got my first Bandit Kill with my new Char. Then i recognized that the other body lieing next to me wasn't dead (i heard the Heartbeat when i looked at him), shot, Murder. Yay! My friend joined in on the top where the Bandit Body was. And he told me that there is a Guy on the Hill Above the Powerplant, not sure if dead or alive. I watched at that time some poor Boy in the school running left to right, right to left, up and down with no realy plan^^. Then my friend got shot from the guy on the Hill. And i got Kicked because of Battleeye (damnit). So i wanted to join on another Server change Position and get the Sniper on the Hill from behind. But when I spawned on another Server i was in a complete different Building below or in the Floor. Moved a bit and "Crack" Broke my neck instantly.

I know this is Alpha State and we're here to test it but it is so awful to get killed by such a F****** S***. At least i wish i got killed by the Sniper like my friend was.

So you were griefing and ghosting. It's people like you who make dayz less fun for others.

I spawned on the coast a new player my first time in game with little knowledge on anything. I check my inventory surprised to see the lack of weaponry and food. I realize an odd looking building in my peripheral vision I spin around and see that I spawned next to a city of epic proportion. Yet something was unsettling and suspicious perhaps the constant buzzing of flies that circled around my head and the countless zombie corpses that littered the roads. I crouched and started to work my way into the city looting from the countless zombie corpses. I was hoping for something of use a gun a makarov at least.

"Friend or foe." The voice shocked me and I spun around to face a survivor or a bandit I believed his face was masked with a turban and I was scared out of my living daylights. "Friend or foe!" He yelled again. His voice was rough he was probably at least 30

"Friend" I typed still scared senseless at my first survivor encounter. He lower his gun and introduced him self

"Private Denis" He said saluting to me.

"Dredix" I replied

We paused for a moment both surveying each other he realized I must be a freshman and signaled for me to follow him with a wave of his gun in the direction of the mountains. He sprinted through the sub urban area's surrounding when he suddenly broke the silence with worrying works

"Hit the dust!" I slammed the prone key and my character went down into a sniper position all of a sudden I saw what the worry was about. Three men all with the bandit skin walking down the mountain with heavy gear AS50 by the look of it. Denis informed me about the helicopter he had heard about from the radio chatter. It was said it landed somewhere by electro and that was why he was here. Denis had his gun raised aiming through the sights.

"Hey Dred get into that gas station over there it's about to get violent" I barreled rolled into the gas station and found what I needed. A weapon well at least I think it could be used as a weapon it was a fire axe. I fumbled around with my inventory before jumping out of my seat at the sudden sound of gun shot's I slid the axe into my tool belt and crouched so i could just see through the windows. The three bandits had become two the third one was presumably dead lying still as a stone.

Dirt erupted all around the bandits blood spurting from both of them I looked at Denis who was fumbling around with something before screaming "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" he through what looked like a pear at the enemy. I just looked at him and said

"What the hell was that! Throwing food at th-" BOOM!

I smashed the prone key and prayed. After about a minute lying still I stood up and realized it was a grenade that had decimated the last two bandits. I could see Denis was already looting them so I ran up to him and started to loot one further up when Denis was done with the last two I was still arranging my inventory. He walked up behind me to loot the third one.

"Hey Dredix you bastard did you loot this one!" I looked up and nodded my characters head to indicate a yes. Denis then whipped out his gun and stuck in right to my head. "Gimme the F*c*i*g loot!" I looked up at him ,the bandits M14 in my primary and the axe still in my tool belt, shocked at what he had said.

"W-what do you mean?"

"They were my kills dick! Drop that gun!" I unequipped the M14 and dropped all the equipment that I had looted then I watched Denis bend over to loot the gear I dropped. I looked at Denis my head cocked axe now in primary weapon slot and wondered why not have 4 corpses to loot rather than three.

The next thing Denis felt was an axe slamming home into the back of skull.

• Like 3

I did the most retardedly awesome thing ever.

It was night time, and i was looting the military tents in stary sobor. zombies kept patrolling around them and it was irritating, so i threw a flare over towards the town and waited for them to run over there so i could check the last few tents in peace. after clearing the tents i circled around to the west side of the tents and heard a zombie very close to me, so i layed down next to a burned out car. just then i saw a player kill that zombie with an axe. they were about 5 feet in front of me. the player didnt know i was there. im sure he knew i was there somewhere because of the flare, but he didnt know specifically where i was. He pulled out a pistol and started creeping into the area between the tents. i crept around behind him and tried to shoot him in the back of the head with my M4. As soon as i hit the left mouse button i knew i messed up. my guy started throwing flare. yes, i forgot to change back to my gun. i hit this dude right in the back with a flare. he turned and started shooting me and i got some shots off before i died but i think i missed. either way i died and he didnt(as far as i know).

things he found on me: m4(the one with red dot scope or whatever it is), some pistol - forgot which one, most gear items(i think i was only missing night vision), 2 ghillie suits(found them in a players camp), tons of food and ammo, and other random crap.

• Like 1

Today I had one of the best but also worst DayZ ever! Why the best and worst? Just read!

I (ingame name: The Seeker) was starting my game and found myself out of Cherno, I'm currently a loner and so I wandered into town trying to avoid the zombies. I went to the city center to explore some pubs. The first pub I entered offered me some amazing gear: A ghillie suit and lots of ammo! I was so happy I could not believe that I just found it!

I continued walking and went to another builduing and found even more ammo but then I suddenly heard some guy reloading his weapon! I went up the first floor and so him lying on the ground. I shouted: "Friendly. I'm friendly, don't shoot me!" and he didn't shoot me, he was looking for some gear to! We shared some words and asked me to come with him, I said no thanks and he wished me good luck and dissapeared.

I decided to go to the supermarket and the church but I didn't find a lot of useful things, so I left Cherno and suddenly a bad thing happened: I got killed with all other players on the server... By what? A hacker! I was very mad at him, I was like: "No this just didn't happen." But unfortunately it was real!

I spawned again, outside Kamenka. I decided to go to the village. I ran trough the forest to have some cover. And then the next amazing thing happened before I entered Kamenka: I found a motorcycle! I was so happy I instantly jumped on it and drove away, unfortunately it was very low on fuel! I drove past some zombies and I saw a guy running, the guys name was Ryan. He asked me: "Could you give me a lift?" And I said: "Sure!" He asked me if I could drive him to Elektro because his stuff was lying there! We quit Kamenka and were on the way to Komarovo! Just outside Komarovo the motorcycle ran out on fuel. We decided to look for a Jerry can and found one!

We met 4 other survivors, that were ALL friendly. That was the first time a saw a bunch of survivors, who didn't shoot me on sight. One of the guys joined mine and Ryan's quest to get some fuel! We ran back to the motorcycle, but some zombies were following us, I tried to kill em' with my hatchet but then happened the next sad thing, everyone got killed again by a hacker! The worst of everything is that I lost a friendly survivor who helped me out a lot for a little time!

That's the story of my DayZ!

Survivors I met (all ingame names):

1st: Jirka (Pub)

2nd: Ryan (Kamenka)

3rd: Raven (Komarovo)

I want to thank you for helping me out and also for not shooting me down!

• Like 2

Earlier this day... I was on a german server driving my brand new red UAZ along the coast, i approach a small town and I see a player with no guns and the bandit skin getting chased by zombies, I stopped the car while he was saying: FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY, he got inside the car and we drove to the next town, on our way there a bus on the road approaching from the opposite direction, my passanger proceeds to tell me: he's my friend stop; so I slowed down as the bus driver gets out and noticed he didnt had a gun either but also a bandit skin... the other player gets in the car, as I was low on fuel I stopped at a gas station to fill my jerry cans and refuel the car, after doing that proceeded on a road into the mountains, my passangers than said: go to the military camps near solnizcky (or w/e its called) so we can get guns and i said ok, lets go there.

On our way there a though crossed my mind: what if these two new friends of mine backstab me? so as we were going down a road nowhere near a town with forests on both sides I said: i need to eat and drink and stopped the car.

After exiting the car I equiped my M4A1 CCO SD and shoot them both through the windows, BAM BAM BAM,as the first player died the second tried to jump in the drivers seat and drive off but he was too slow, BAM BAM BAM and hes dead, car is on fire and I'm stranded 7 km away from any town, at least i'm not dead.

• Like 2

I downloaded a hack, and I shot everyone with 1 shot, it was awesome, teach those pricks to mess with me, I love runing this game!.

I downloaded a hack, and I shot everyone with 1 shot, it was awesome, teach those pricks to mess with me, I love runing this game!.

Listen, I hope you're joking, because otherwise you're gonna get banned form the forums.

Well after being killed by hackers my 2 buddy's and I decided to try and find another players camp then go through all the hassle of finding more gear at spawns. So we ventured into the far east of the server our goal was to reach the end of the map and travel north. We get about 200 meters away from Stary and find a crashed helo site awesome looks like a good start. We venture further into the east and come across a single tent. I say to my self there's probably nothing in there but we check it anyway. Find a bunch of FAL mags and a FAL NV take that shit. Then we reach the end of map and out of the corner of my eye I spot what looks like a tree tumor. As I get closer I realize its a V3S Civ one of the uncovered big trucks. We take a look inside and this thing is filled to the brim with every weapon I have seen in the game about 2 or 3 of each. Tons of food tons of ammo and car parts. I assume its gear that has been duped and we take the Vehicle. We decide to travel up the coast on the edge of the map and look for more camp sites. About 10 minutes later I spot what looks likes 3 tents but they end up just being bright bushes. I am about to get back in the V3S when I spot something white sticking out of a tree. We get closer and realize we have hit the mother load. 30 tents all with barbed wire and tank traps around them as well as a bike, tractor, and white off road pickup. As we search the tents we realize that all this gear has to have been duped and even find some gear that looks like it was hacked in as I cannot find the items on the wiki page. So we take all the legit gear that we can fill our V3S with as well as fill the pickup. After we have everything we want we move the 2 trucks to a safe distance and proceed to use their tractor to run over every single tent they have. Then we torch the tractor with nades and move on our way to 3 or 4 more camps that we completely decimate.........

F you hackers and F you dupers

Edited by zwt2135
  • Like 1

Enjoyed myself after killing a guy in Elektro's power plant. A while later, another guy walks up and loot the body. As I'm about to fire, I notice a third guy walking up the stairs. I laugh as both rake each other with bullets. The second guy manages to live but is bleeding and no doubt have less than 3000 blood. I let him loot the bodies and he walks out of the power plant only to kill a survivor with no gear. I promptly put a .50cal in his head.

Karma is a bitch.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was in this german low pop server trying to make my way from Drozhino (South-west of ZELENOGORSK) to STARY SOBOR. The clouds always move east in Day Z, right? Yeah I've got it, I know where to head. After what it seems like an eternity I find myself in Nadezhino. God only knows how I got here! I should have listened to my mother and joined the boyscout when I had the chance...

I finally get on the right path and reach my destination when it is night already, and the server population has dropped to just me and another player. I hit the prone key as I approach the city and start creeping around. I loot a few houses then decide to head for the supermarket, I crawl right under the infected nose and get in the grocery store from the main entrance. As I walk in I realize that a living dead is inside, it is so dark I didn't notice it, it is snarling like crazy and it is freaking me out a little. I quickly crawl to the opposite side of the store and hide behind the counter hoping it didn't notice me.

After a little while the dumb zombie leaves and I finally take a sigh of relief... when BAM! a flash in the night and a muffled gunshot, followed by a few others in rapid succession. Somebody is getting in from the main entrance and it looks like he's bringing many undead friends with him! He's crouching facing the entrance a few meters from me, giving me his back. He seems well equipped, what do I do? There is really no time to think as he's already turning in my direction, should I shoot him in the back like a coward or wait another half a second and get shot in the face like a fool? Time's up he's already facing me, I squeeze the trigger of my trusted AKM and shoot him point blank. He takes a brief moment to return fire, he is probably as amazed as I am to encounter the only other player in this server at this exact location. I mean, seriously, what are the odds?

Eventually he opens fire with his silenced Bizon, what should have been an easy looting night turns into an intense gunfight at the O.K. Corral. The shots illuminate the store and I can hear the rising moans of the dead outside, looks like we got their attention. My magazine finally runs empty but so does his. I jump behind cover and reload, a soft beam of light getting in from the wide windows allows me to see him, on the other side of the counter, doing the same. I wonder how it is possible that he is still alive after all those hits. My heart is pounding out of my chest, in my mind I am not playing a game anymore, I am fighting for my own life! As soon as I am locked and loaded I bounce out of cover and spray him in lead, finally terminating the fucker. Wounded and bleeding, I patch myself up right away and take a glimpse at the top right of the screen: the Bandits Killed counter goes +1. Phew! I can now loot his corpse guilt free!

But it ain't over yet: I can hear the zombies getting closer and they. are. pissed. I quickly proceed to check what kind of goods the bandit has brought me: he carries nothing fancy other than the silenced Bizon which has only one magazines with just a few rounds left in it, I don't have the room for it in my inventory so fuck it, I leave it with my dead friend. I grab all the useful supplies in his backpack though. When I look up the living dead are already getting in, their grotesque silhouettes stand out against the background, there must be a couple of dozen of them, pretty much the same amount of people you would encounter at a nickelback's concert. Looks like I am not welcome in this town anymore, I try not to panic but my adrenaline level is still very high, I let the Kalashnikov scream at the undead and make my way among their numbers leaving the store of doom from the rear exit. I keep running until I am in the woods where I can finally relax a little. Man, that was close.

1 bandit dead, 141,269 to go.

P.S. tryhard I am truly sorry for killing you, I am sure you were a nice bandit with only the best intentions in your heart, but I couldn't really take any chances. You understand.

62099634.jpg

Edited by KastaRules
  • Like 1

I have 2 stories both very short though.

So I was heading to Stary Sobor when at 9.6k blood at a deer stand i get knocked out and eaten alive. Then i respawn at Electro i go to the firehouse then the supermarket. In the supermarket there is a dead guy with a bicycle so I loot and get on the bicycle ride out and maybe 1-3 snipers start shooting at me so i ride away and they finally get me.

So i respawned on a different server in Electro so i run to the power plant on my way there theres a invisible hacker who when he runs rainbow smoke comes out,and someone with a m14 shoots at me so i finish running to the power plant and at the power plant theres a person with a squeaky voice. They say there friendly and run away i take a akm go to the top of the tower and hear them say that i took the akm so i walk down he says i see you shoots twice but hits me once i then put 28 akm bullets in his face ,and he says oh no no no before he dies it was funny and i attracted about 20 zombies so i go ontop then start getting shot at so i waste all my ammo and stuff.

I wish i would of recorded or took a screenshot.

last night i spawned in berezino, made my way to an apartment overlooking a supermarket, there is a guy inside the supermarket and two dead bodies around him so i watch him for 10 to 30 seconds until he stops and then i open fire with my m249, he dies. so i go down to his body, find an l85a2 aws and so i happily remove that from him as well as gps and ranger finder and other things, as i am leaving the supermarket i get hit once or twice by a silenced weapon so i scramble and safely make it back inside the apartment, i slowly go upstairs using the whole method of slowly tapping the movement keys to not make a sound until i clear out all the rooms, while i am at the top i hear footsteps coming up the stairs, so i wait until the last second and then burst out from a room and unload on him, he gets a shot off but i live, thanks for your coyote pack among other things, i dont know if they were working together or not, but now i've got two bandit kills and a im completely geared up

(-snip-)

I'm not someone who gets to play a lot these days. And my luck is.. abnormally bad in this game. My average lifespan sees fewer guns than leg breaks.

This guy was several days old though, and had managed to collect some stuff, thanks to being in the same region as friends and being able to hunt in a party. His death lost literally everything you can get outside of the super-rare items like GPS/NVG or heli/barracks weapons (never owned any of them). This includes hand and smoke grenades, Coyote backpack, all the survival equipment, cooked meats, toolbox, entrenching tool, military flashlight, all of it. Also, the best weapon I ever had, M14-AIM. Didn't find it, was given to me. Had a PDW and tons of ammo, plus a M1911 in the backpack.

All in all, its unlikely I'll ever be this geared up again.

Funny how these things work.

Hadn't played in a couple weeks, largely due to suddenly having a life. Tried logging in a couple times, but always got stuck on Loading, and always gave up.

Anyway, finally got in to my regular server, wasn't teleported to the coast, was actually pretty far north and west, next to a hill. So.. ok, great. Sure, check out NWAF, why not.

Crept around, super-paranoid. Keeping an eye on the zombie counter and if there seemed to be any new distant ones.

Got to the northern barracks, nothing but a few AK's. Closed the main door to wait for a zombie to continue walking by. Middle-clicked to open the door and *CRACK* "AUGH!", I'm on the ground with a broken leg.

My heart is three times its normal pace, I'm crawling back, trying to figure out where I'm under attack from. But.. my health is still full. And why is this random inside door now closed?

And I realized "Well, shit. That click closed the inside door on my leg, which wasn't anywhere near the door".

And I shook my head. I had no morphine.

A friend of mine was online and headed to the area, so I crawled around a bit, explored for awhile, and logged out under the stairs in the control tower to wait for him. Couldn't see a damn thing anyway, was artifacting so bad.

It was around the time I logged back in that I realized that artifacting may have had at least ONE benefit...

Not really sure what happened to Random Dead Guy in the middle of NWAF. There weren't that many people on the server, which actually made me pretty apprehensive about being there at all - that's when people tend to go there. But there were no snipers or people nearby other than my teammate.

When I logged back in, and I think I read about this in one of the troubleshooting threads, the artifacting was completely gone. I could see perfectly.

So... Random Dead Guy. My best guess is that he couldn't see anything either and stumbled upon some hungry nasties and got himself knocked out and eaten. Which sucks for him.

But for me?

Was like f'ing Christmas Morning!

I looted my first ever NVG, Rangefinder, Ghillie Suit, GPS, and M4A3 CCO!

Already had a Cotote Backpack and Military Flashlight so didn't take those, but I filled in all the other blanks - map, compass, toolbox, entrenching tool, blood bag, a few morphines, a couple cooked meats (already had a few of those too), plenty of ammo. I think he had a G23 or something, but I like my M1911 just fine so I kept it.

I dunno what killed you, Random Dead Guy. Maybe it was a sniper. Maybe artifacting got you eaten. Hell, maybe you went AFK from a family emergency.

But thank you. You made my day.

Log in near Novy, ten past eight..nice clear day. Think ahh what the fuk...16 people in game, chances are there is a few in either Stary and if not, definitely at the airfield. Might go and have scope and see who is killing who.Run run run..video options advanced/fuckaround with several/glitch gone..no-one at Stary cept for some dead chick outside of the church, backpack full of everything needed to get a vehicle going plus some beanz and drink. Legit player, only a revolver ..no nvgs ,rangefinder or AS50..the horror.

Run run run..come onto the forest NE side of the field, cruise up past the wall, pop a can of pepsi. I can just see the end of the runway through the trees. BOOM BOOM BOOM. AS50 or M107 ..a bit too far away to tell, but not so far..if you get my drift. Crouch it to a little stack of three firs, you know, the tight in ones that give you good cover. No ghillie, i don't like its wookie style. The standard gear is way more Han Solo cool. And Han always got the girl..you ever see the wookie with a hot chick ? Style always.

I crouch to the East of the barracks , sitting below the open field at the southern end of the runway.

BOOM...closer now. Moving my head around i center where he is on my headphones BOOM BOOM...just on the other side of the rise. Either this guy is a shit shot, he is keeping whoever it is contained in the barracks or he is wasting ammo on zeds for his own amusement. I am figuring he is suppressing by the amount of shots going off. I crouch up the rise..nearly at the top i prone..crawl..looking down now towards the bush and trees surrounding the barracks.

MOTHERFUCKING KABOOM! I nearly jump outta me seat! Fuk me..i must be right on him! Crawl forward a tiny bit more and flatten the grass..shoes ..legs..well hello mr sniper. He is right there...in the open, If he turns he is eating a facefull of dmr. I stay there for about five seconds thinking..then hit gear...L85 and ammo in his pack, water bottle, bunch of as50 mags ,cooked steaks and morphine. I have no room. Look where he is looking ...cant see any action. He crawls sideways so i automatically reverse over the rise.

Run back down to my tree , dump my water and coke, eat my steak, plop my fnfal an nightvison thingy and mags on the ground. Crouch back up..get prone behind him again. He moves sideways and i prone in. G ..open coyote. Loot all. I put four of my five bandages and a pepsi in his. He fires at fuk knows what three times and while i am proning backwards i see a Sergei is dead pop up. I think about capping him..but ..chances are he is popping server hoppers so go to it son.

Run back down to where my shit is , dump his stuff under the trees, grab my shit and cruise away from the field. Hear him shooting in the distance. Fucking noisy ass AS50.

I wonder if when he checks his pack if he thinks it is a glitch or a hacker maybe fucking with his shit. Wish i had a dew to give him instead of the pepsi.

When i was creepin up to loot him i was as keyed up as i have been in any firefight, i hope the guy appreciates the work i put in to knock off his gear and still leave him alive :)

• Like 8

I got mad after being eaten by rocks on my 6 day old solo character, that was decked out and had his own personal ATV for a campsite.

In my rage, I spawned on the shores of Cherno. After finding 6 jerry cans in the same area (I managed to fit them all on my person with 2 slots left to spare), I picked up an Axe and ran down the streets of Cherno to aggro every zombie in the city. 60 zombies later, I make a beeline for the fire station in which I plan to fight to the death in a glorious standoff. As I run down the highway with 60 zeds trailing me, I see a head poke out of the firestation. He is a guy with an M1014 and an ALICE backpack, looking fairly prepared. Looks like a won't be getting my blaze of glory.

But then he yells at me over direct: "I got a shit ton of ammo! I'll help you! Bring it on!"

Not rationally thinking and my hands shaking, I hack his legs off and he falls down with a depressed sigh. He gets eaten by about 20 of the zeds while I pick up an AKM with 60 bullets and go batshit crazy. Poor guy, he was willing to help in the face of impossible odds all to help a stupid noob running down the street with an axe. I did actually come out on top and got 54 kills with 7000 blood loss. But a guy gunned me down shortly thereafter. I wonder what he did with the jerry cans...

me and a dude found a helo on skalisty, there was boat on the shore indicating that someone was up there, my friend went up and there was an empty tent, i had a jerry can and was going to refil the boat so we could go up and got more fuel at kamyshovo so we could go up north and get to our cars and find everything to repair it, as i swim across as i get near the boat i see someone near the shore that goes from standing to prone, i get behind some rocks and refill the boat, then i try to peak around the corner and i dont see anything so i get in the boat and start to drive away and i go probably 200 meters and then i see the person again, and so i assumed it was his boat because there was a helo over there and i figured he was trying to repair it and using that boat to go back and forth with it, so i get out hoping to hide behind it because i know he wouldnt want to shoot his own boat, so i eject and neglect to turn off the engine and so the boat keeps going out to horizon never to be seen again... so i panicked and logged out, but when i logged in i lost all my inventory

Once again, we had found the Huey on Skyli Island. I mean, honestly, it sort of ALWAYS spawns there.

Well, we had our PBX (= fast boat) and startet looting Elektro and nearby coastal areas for the necessary vehicle parts.

We even made our way up to Berezino, since we still lacked some Windscreen Glass to stop the Huey from leaking fuel...

On our way back, just passing the Solnichy factory area, we suddenly spotted a large crows of zombies running along the coast. As it passed us, we noticed the spawnie in front of the group.

We decided to do something good and save the poor unarmed guy, our driver dropped me and my mate off on the coast and we charged after the horde. Mere seconds after we landed, we suddenly heard a loud BANG and the spawnie dropped dead. We quickly took cover and the next few shots impacted next to my feet.

I've spent the next 5 minutes running around, trying to cross past a small crest. For some werid reasons, the sniper did not manage to actually hit me with a single shot (and he fired about 15, at least) and I quickly threw myself behind said crest.

Suddenly we heard motor noises and saw an UAZ coming down along the roar. Two more shots sounded and suddenly the entire vehicle blew up. My mate made a dash for my position and after a few minutes of waiting in silence, we made our way further down South, through the town and got picked up by our boat again.

Geez, I was glad about the bandits crappy aim... And as well we chuckled at the fact he did not notice our boat...

Met a guy in Elektro I was in the supermarket, he was playing jpop through his mic and we jammed out while the zombie knocked me out lol. He wouldn't tell me the song D: *is sad* yeah I was a fresh spawn anyway*

Karma didn't apply today.

After hours of looting and gathering, we collected a full tent of supplies. We refilled our chopper and decided to randomly fly along the coast, locking for survivors.

We spotted zombies in Cherno and Elektro, but even while dropping to 40m height, we couldn't identify survivors. And since they didn't answer our calls, there wasn't much we could do and went off.

Suddenly, our pilot spotted smoke on the Balota airbase. Lowering down, we found a survivor on the SW deerstand with patrol backpack and AKM (indicating it was a spawnie who just looted the military base.

There was some forth and back, yelling across 40m of air, plus the rotor's noise... Well, in the end we were capable of aknowledging the "FRIENDLY" on both sides. We lowered down next to the base and he startet running, trailed by the zeds who previously camped the deerstand. Clean pickup, he jumped in and we raised off into the skies.

We had some fun convo via the written direct chat and told him he could tell us where to drop him, we as well offered bloodbags and other supplies.

He marely said "Just whereever there aren't zombies." "A plain field". Said, done, we landed on a large clearing in proximity of Stary Sobor.

Stupidly, upon exiting the chopper, my game crashed. As if that wouldn't be enough, I was suddenly called downstairs, a sudden HARD downpour started and our garage was in danger of being flooded... well... great...

Afterwars, I was told the survivor merely accepted some food and water and thanked us repeatedly for getting him off the zombie-infested coast. We are now organizing a re-pickup of me and my brother (who as mentioned had to log out).

But seriously, we helped a random ARMED survivor, risked our chopper and good gear... and all we get is a severe downpour... karma? Meh.

PS: Of course that won't stop us from further doing nonsense :§

Edited by Alblaka

Two stories: I was pretty new at the time, and didn't know where the heck I was even though I had a map. Anyways, I was starting to get pretty thirsty and hungry, and there was a multi-story building probably about a 2-3 kilos away. I went for it. After finally making it there, I found a bunch of empty cans, bottles, and then I got lucky and AKM mag. I went to the top floor and found an AK. I was like "yes!!!!" but then I realized AKM mags don't fit in an AK. But at the same time, I found an empty water canteen. I was REALLY thirsty by now, but then I remembered: I'd seen a lake about 2 kilos from here! I ran for it. Unfortunately, I attracted a lot of unwanted attention on the way there. When I finally did make, I had two zombies on me, and I didn't know how to fill my water bottle.After killing the zombies with my hatchet, I alt tabbed to google. After a quick search, I filled my water bottle and saved my life. I went back to where I came from started heading towards an especially large town. Unfortunately, On my way, a dude with a ghillie suit popped and started shooting at me. Luckily, he couldn't hit crap and some zombies swarmed him. I made it to the town, found a ghillie suit, some guns, eventually died. But it was also my first day playing, so I'd call it a success.

Number two: I spawned a new character and immediately got killed by hackers. When I respawned, I found a village with a player in it running from zombies. After both saying we were friendly, he turned around and took down the two zombies chasing us. He kept trying to give me a hatchet, but because of DayZ's currently glitchy inventory, he spent way more time than he should've and got himself sniped. I ran. Fast. But still got sniped.

I ended up crowded by zombies at the NWAF barracks (South side)

i had 2k blood and broken bones. (i was prone and openend up a door that broke my legs... yeah.. bad move xP..

At any rate, i asked in all chat for help, i had a DMR alice back i was all geared up, but i didn't have a choice..

out of nowhere some guy answers me, saying he will patch me up.

so i was there on the floor.. thinking.. he is gonna walk over to me and shoot me in the head..

i hear a heli in the distance, as it gets closer and closer it stops near the airfield.

4 guys fully geared run in, secure the location and patch me up!

i didn't believe what happend..

so i walked my way down the airfield, and i noticed one of them in the ATC tower.. tempted to give him a headshot, (y im a mean person..) i aimed my DMR at his head..

suddenly i hear one AS50 shot near my feet.. very close..

i start running like hell away from the airfield, and in chat one of the 4 guys said he gave me a warning :P

Me and my team had just finished refueling and repairing a helicopter. I was a gunner. We we flying around for a while when we started getting shot at by a machine gun. I couldn't see anyone and not wanting to waste ammo I decided to not shoot until i knew where my target was. Then out of now where he came out with a m136! I saw him right in time, I turned my turret and started spraying *boom* *boom* *boom*. Next thing you know he's dead but he had alright shot his rocket. It was hurling towards us, our pilot turned the helicopter to the right to try to avoid the rocket hurling at us, but to late....*BOOM!*... The rocket hits are helicopter and we're plunging straight into the ground. Somehow i manage to survive..But with barley any blood left and broken legs. All I can hear is the ringing in my ears. I bandage myself right away but none of my team made it. I knew it was the end and was just waiting to die. Then after what seemed forever a car came to the crash site. It was full of 4 guys, I told them what happend, they said everything will be fine. They started fixing helping me. Fixed my broken leg and got my blood back to 12000. Now I am rolling with these guys and were heading to the Devils Castle.

That's My DayZ Story