The way this actually went down was "Oh, hey, look at this asshole... All AFK and shit in here." then he said "Watch this!" and shot him in the back of the head.

Shortly after we regrouped with 2 survivors who gained our trust at the airfield and sat around for a minute. Shortly before reaching them, I heard one of them say over direct "I don't trust these guys." well, they shouldn't have. We regrouped and started to head out, me and Jono with AKS-74Us in hand, follows closely behind them. In Teampseak I'm saying, "Okay, 1... 2... 3!" and we just lit them both up at the same time. They had no idea what hit 'em.

Cuz thats not a dick move, could of just left silently

The date, July 31st, 2012...

Walking to Chern to meet a friend, lets me know he's on the docks, I get there, he shoots me 5x with the Makarov, I was thinking to myself WTF! so I axed his face. 1 shot pwnzors. Maclawa 1 - Dr Zeus 0

My Adventure

So... here I am just spawned and heading to cherno, on my way there i get a train of zombies, finally making it to cherno, I go to the tents, found my self a ak-47 went on the roof to see what was going about, after that i go down the ladder and head to the church, there i find a map, a watch and some supplies, heard shooting outside I go outside to see a player getting chased by a bunch of zombies, I started to shoot the zombies behind him, after that he swings at me with an axe so i had to kill him, he had nothing, i heard more shooting so i went to the back of the church, after 5 minutes of shooting i peek out and see someone else, I killed him, I didn't want to but he was probably going to kill me, I headed into a house the one that has a cafe sort of thing downstairs, zombies started to come in so i headed up stairs and killed them, but then more came and more and more, I killed 97 zombies in that house, I ran out of ammo and they took me down.

THE END

Today was the beginning of a new episode:

My mate got infected and we were up north without any antibiotics so he decided I should kill him.

I did so and waited at his body so he can loot his gear back.

But SUDDENLY a WILD SERVER RESTART APPEARED!!

So he lost all his stuff

but we stayed on the server and we were payed off:

he spawned right next to cherno and found a ghillie in the penelecs and a M16M203 in the firestation!

He ran up the hill and found a tent with an MK48Mod0!!!

I inexplicably spawned in electrko after the restart with all my stuff

We decided to meet in the middle between cherno and electro.

Shortly after we met I found a tent in an open field right behind some bushes with a ghillie and a M107!!

BEST DAYZ EVER :D

Edited by Magicool

Death of our longest survival (we will beat it!)

Me and by buddy were going on 16 days survived, we had all the gear you can get, GPS, range finder etc, 2 cars, all that jazz -OH and my newly found and now lost M249!

it all ended one day on a street, my buddy ruined a tire on his car -rendering it useless, he got out to look if we had a tired on one of the cars -we didnt.

Upon him moving towards my car to get in - a 40MM grenade explodes between the two cars, killing him, and destroying his car -and destroying my engine.

I was able to get out and run for cover under very little gun fire.

I sat and waited fore about 8 minutes - i didn't hear a thing.

I decided to investigate our cars.

from my side of the street it was clear (i couldn't see the other side of the cars though) - so i moved to the other side of the road.

that is when i BARELY noticed a player in a gillie suit crouch next to one of the destroyed cars - looting it.

I went to shoulder my weapon for the kill - accidentally hit the scroll wheel, started taking out my side arm, all as he notices me.

and well - he got me. haha

• Like 4

Ohhh boy do I have a story. How a mysterious pro awesomeguy saved me, the noob. (and equipped me with HIGH END GEAR :o)

A LONG STORY.. I guess I went a bit too much on the details.. just trying to describe the atmosphere as this was one of the awesome-est experiences I've had on any multiplayer.

So I'm on my third attempt/character. The first one was just me running away from zombies, when I realized I don't have a gun and figuring out the controls.. Ran for 15 minutes and died :D

Second: Finding only ammo and cans of food for first hour.. Stumbling up on a multiple story hospital building, with no idea where I am and finding a handgun... and EMPTY handgun with no bullets. I start investigating the rooms aand someone puts a bullet in my head without me ever seeing anyone.

But now the third one was really the charm. It ends up me with me having all high end gear without firing a single shot, thanks to a.. well, what I can only describe as a TRUE professional lone wolf player.

So I begin my playthrough and it's the middle of the night. I can only see the horizon and the starsky, but it's waaay too dark to do really anything. So with nothing to lose, I head forward with my flashlight on. (once I figured out how I turn it on ;P) I wander along, sneaking around zombies and following the coastline for a while - often turning my light off to not attract unwanted attention and just looking at the waterline, that I can barely see and rely on my ears to tell me about any nearby zombies. (Turned music off.)

I come by a cement platform and some fences.. It appeared to be some sort of a docking bay with one long pier and when I go past the fence, I see there's a big double doored warehouse/hangar, both doors on the sea-side. Well, I go inside and I only find some wire on a reel and items to make tank busters. Someone (I assume) had also left some sandbags in the back of the hall for cover... It didn't look that guarded though, so I set up a few tankbusters next to the other door, making the warehouse only enterable from the door I see from behind the sandbags and make this my small n00b "base" for the time being.

I head outside and circle behind the warehouse silently and decide to go for the other nearby buildings. (A smallish village with lots of buildings that aren't enterable) I often have to use my flashlight as I can't see anything stumbling in the dark... there I spend at least 30-45 minutes goind around finding pretty much nothing. I did see a pistol and a few bags floating in the air, next to a building, as if they were supposed to be on the second floor. I can't take them, no matter how much I point upwards and try. "Curses. Just my luck. How dare you tease me on a moment like this!"-I ponder bitterly and lose 50% of my hope for my success :D

I do find a can of beans, green chemlights, a smoke grenade and a heatbag around the town, next to outhouses and whatnot.. And with the zombies starting to pile up wondering the streets of the particular village I had been circling for almost an hour, I decide to head back in the hangar and wait for daylight.....

Without realizing the servers probably work in realtime... (or do they?), and that the sunrise would still be hours away, I crawled inside my humble fort and ate some beans, hoping that being indoors would do something to warm me (Or at least slow teh freezing nature of my character) and I wouldn't have to use the heatpack yet.

After being there for some minutes, I get bored and go outside and head right along the warehouse and notice there's a little shack on the corner... Just as I get close to it, a zombie walks around the corner and I back away without agroing him... Then I notice there's also a hopper inside the little shack. Hoping there might be some water or a gun, I try to distract the zombies by pointing my light at them and making them angry... Well, that works and I run along the docks for a while, then go to a crawl walk and shut my light off.. Luckily the zombie wasn't fast or determined enough to find me in the dark, so I slowly crawled past him and into the shack.. Just when I'm there and realize the whole shack is filled with nothing but shiny and rusted empty tin cans, the hopper finds me. I slam the door shut in his face, but he only teleports inside and mauls me to the state of me bleeding like a faucet. So I start running mindlessly along the shore/docks while the blood spurting away everywhere and luckily lose the zombies around the corner. I did have the bandage I started out with, so I patched myself up leaving me 7000-ish blood, really thirsty and with low bodyheat. I use the heatpack pretty soon and start to lose hope... "Well this surely isn't going good... And with that flashlight on I'll just attract too much attention..." and that's when Bonnie Tyler's "I need a hero" started playing in my head.

I decide to open the door and throw a green chemlight on the dock platform in front of the warehouse entrance and close the door. I also throw another inside the warehouse near the door, just to improve my mood. Pretty green lights should make death a bit more comfortable and crawl behind the sandbags... The idea was to attract other players and maybe get some help or to join someone, HOPING they won't shoot me as I'm unarmed anyway. Acts of a desperate man.

I get some real food to eat (me, the player, IRL) and eat while staring at the door infront of me. Kinda boring, really.. I hear nothing and only see the chemlight lit closed door. I point my flashlight to the back window up on the wall (facing the village) and start making an S.O.S signal toggling my flashlight.

The side chat had been filled with nothing but russian for the whole playthrough, as it was a russian server (good ping), so I figured writing would be pretty pointless (I'm finnish) and I just kept at it.. My desperate distresscall.... three quick flashes... three long flashes.... three quick flashes...... repeat....

Nothing really happening.

I notice one of the russian speaking people asking if there's any english speaking people on the server...

"Tyler" they call him. And epic hero of the myths... well no, a total stranger to me, at least so far...

So I reply.. and it goes like this:

(here's where the "I can't believe this is happening" stuff begins)

Me: "I am.... : P"

Me: "and I'm pretty much screwed."

Tyler: "ok... and I know."

Me: "what do you mean "you know"?"

Tyler: "I can see you"

Me: "I doubt that : P"

Tyler: "ok then ;P"

(I doubted him, because I was inside the warehouse.. had been for quite a while without moving or making any noise or even the flashlight "signal"... sure the chemlight was still in front of the building, but he couldn't see ME... unless he had been following me for quiiite a while.)

Me: "Well, if you see a warehouse with a green chemlight in front of it, then it's me"

Tyler: "Yeah, I know. I've been watching you."

Here's where I got curious. He still might have been bluffing, but it got me on my toes. So I cautiously head outside and look both ways very extensively... No one. Nowhere. I look out to the water for a moment and see a zombie floating in the water, alive just staring at me. "Hmh... curious.. what's that all about"

And that's when I turn around and see a guy crouched in a ghillie suit, wearing NV glasses and shooting 2 zombies near the small shed dead in a flash.

Tyler: "Go in"

Without even having time to realize what's happening, I do as he says, sprinting in like no tomorrow.

He shoots a few more closeby zombies that got agro'd by his handgun shots and comes inside.

Tyler: "Are you hurt? Are you armed?"

Me: "not that hurt, but cold, thirsty... and no I don't have anything really.. a smoke grenade, painpills, a few chemlights... and that's it."

This is where I thought he'd put a bullet in my head, as it looked like he was just aiming at my head anyway.

But instead, he drops a waterbottle and I pick it up and drink it. He doesn't even ask the bottle back.

He asks if I'm cold or hungry and I say that I'm freezing, not that hungry yet.

Tyler: "Wait here for a minute, don't go anywhere"

...and there he went, vanished back into the night, leaving me to think what had just happened.

"Did my S.O.S work? Did he follow me for how long? ... lol! He must've seen me stumbling in the dark.. oh god... my n00bdom feels violated :\"

After a while, the door opens and:

Tyler: "Blood?"

Me: "Over 7000, so I'm ok..."

Tyler: "4"

He drops a bloodpack and I understand he wants me to give him a bloodtransfusion. So I oblige and he thanks me. Did he mean he had 4 blood? ... or 4000 blood? Can you even HAVE 4 blood and be walking?

Oh well...He drops me a heatpack and a pair of nightvision goggles and says "Follow"... Nothing else... ok, I guess I'll f-.... WAIT WHAT?! He just gave me nightvision goggles? What the?

I thank him like a million times, put them on and get amazed by the total clarity that they provide. I could see everything in pitch black. I didn't even know there are such awesome things in the game before that..

Tyler: "Too dangerous here, we must go."

Given my current situation being alone and lack of talent for being alive, I really didn't mind as I was pretty much getting myself killed anyway. And NVG's MAN! Sweeeet! So off we go.. He crouch runs in front of me and I follow .. we travel a few hundred feet along the shore and come by his small two-man boat..... and off we go.

I felt so overwhelmed at that point. "Ok, so I'm in a boat... with a stranger, wearing NVG's, speeding through the waters. No idea where we're going. Well.. at least this game doesn't have any sort of rape mechanics, even though this is kinda creeping me out; I guess the worst that could happen is that I die. And that was going to happen eventually anyway."

I felt like a kid being bribed by a pedophile to come with him. I mean... what was the catch? Why all this? Or did he just do this out of pure heroism and kindness? Time would tell....

We travel to an island, parking in the shore, next to a big rock.

Tyler: "This place also kinda dangerous..."

Tyler: "But my home" *shoots a zombie*

Tyler: "Come"

and I follow him obediently up the hill. He's taking out every single zombie like a boss, as if he was mad at them for being on his lawn. He leads me up, tells me to wait while he clears any nearby zombies, vanishing and popping out again like batman... I mean, for some reason that guy was just so hard to detect in that ghillie suit that I had trouble following him without losing track... and when it's finally peaceful, he pops out from the bushes nearby and DROPS ME A GHILLIE suit and says "I'll give you a gun, if you promise not to shoot me"

Enthusiastic like a kid who just got his favourite superhero costume, I put the suit on and state "ofcourse I won't shoot you, I'm already neck deep in debt here!"

So he leads me to 4 tents, filled with amazing stuff and says "Take what you need"

... Really? Being a bit shy with taking whatever I'd want, I grab a silenced pistol, gps, map, watch and then ask again "Can I really take this stuff? What gun do you recommend?"

Tyler: "Put away your binoculars and take the range finder... and you can take gps, map.. L85A2 AWS and bullets"

So I do, and he tells me to have a look at my new gun, as long as I won't shoot... And it has an awesome scope, night vision and THERMAL OPTICS :| Flabbergasted. That's what I was.

He also killed a goat, made me take the meat off it (that sounds wrong), then made a fire and "taught me to cook" etc and I got some of my blood back with those delicious stakes.

So for the next hour I basically became his pet, following him around, while he quite literally showed me all the works, until the server was about to restart. It was like he was some sort of a tutorial, giving me all the info for survival.. and the tools.

In the end he just wished me good luck, said "take care of your new stuff" and left.

Who was this hero? For HOW LONG has he been surviving alone on that island? He showed me a few tent hiding places and I counted at least 7 tents, hidden between trees etc. all with pretty awesome gear. And he obviously had plenty of spares, even to give away :P Silenced sniper-rifles, alot of the basic gear (matches, watches, gps, maps) etc... but not like ridiculous amounts though, so I don't think he had hacked them in any way.. (It's not like there was insane amounts of everything, but obvious doubles, which he gave me. A tent I didn't take.. I guess I could've ... :P He did have one in the tent, but I didn't dare take it because it was the only one.)

He also told me to use the forests, recon before I move and hunt and cook to stay alive.

You know what the biggest problem is? Now I feel CURSED by all that awesome stuff :o

I clearly lack the awesome skillz to really hold my own in tricky situations and I'm terrified of logging in. What if I get killed the first hour? That'd suck so bad :D I'd be so depressed... Though not as much as if I had actually put in the hours to get it all on my own, but still - how do I go about filling my blood .. probably hunting, eating alot.. but what if some bandits see me :S

Now I just need to swim to the mainland when I start running out of my SD pistol ammo when hunting and ... gotta try and find good places to fill up my inventory without getting shot by ... well, anyone more talented than me. Which is; Anyone who has played more than around 6 hours. ;PP

But I swear, that was one of the coolest experiences I've had while gaming... That guy was like the mysterious hero that just appears out of nowhere. He didn't talk much, just when he needed to... he had been watching me in the dark like the damn Batman and he did this to get the blood transfusion. He only needed me for a while and rewarded me big. Damn awesome... I also like the fact that he had been spying on me without me having a single clue I was being watched the whole time. Kinda gives me the creeps but somehow it's still awesome. :D

So at least not everyone out there is preying on the n00bs ;D

Edited by sarcasm83
  • Like 12

Bandits must die! Basically the rule I've played by the entire time. So my current character is 6 days old and I've been playing solo since the early days when my group got sniped in the hospital in Elektro. Since then I've been making my way inland looking for high powered weapons, better gear and so on. So after days of looting and a very scary bullet filled trip to the NWAF, I was finally ready to go back to where it all began.

So many people just like to get loot, get better weapons, maybe a car, and drive around looking for cool things to loot or people to kill. My goal was to tool up and head back to Elektro and finish something that should never have happened. My friends were slaughtered by a couple of dicks camping the hospital. So for the past day or two i've been protecting the innocent and the noobs from dicks camping the Elektro hospital. I have a few sniping spots in and around the hospital with views of the streets and roof tops.

So all I do is sit there and oversee the hospital. So far I have 8 murders and all 8 of them were bandit kills. I watch everyone very closely and if they appear to be aimlessly killing people or make their way to the rooftops, I take aim and fire. Nobody will be senselessly killed while looting medical supplies. Just call me the town sheriff ;)

If you need protecting I am usually located in the UK 118 server.

• Like 1

Lots of great stories here! Mines isn't quite as interesting as most of them but I found it really enjoyable at the time so here it is.

I recently had the most fun I've ever had spawning (after losing a 6 day old character because I thought it would be a great idea to continue blindly running around the NWAF despite my screen turning completely white whenever I turned West).

I spawned just outside of a lighthouse and I decided to make my way up there to see what I could find. Another survivor apparently also had the same idea and came out from behind the lighthouse armed with a hatchet as I approached. As soon as I saw him I stopped in my tracks and backed off, figuring that this (combined with the fact I was completely unarmed) would mean that he would leave me alone.

Nope.

The guy starts running towards me as I turn around and sprint off. He chases for what felt like about 10 minutes and I am starting to get pretty thirsty and a little hungry. On the verge of just giving up and letting the crazed lighthouse-dwelling axe-murderer have his way with me I come upon a town and have an idea!

I run right down the main road leading into the town, making sure I catch the attention of as many zombies as I possibly can. Once I had pissed off about 8 of them I turn around, running head on towards my murderer. He swings as we pass each other but misses, and suddenly instead of me running for my life away from him we are now both running away from a horde of zombies.

At this point I spot a barn on the far side of the town and I head towards it in the hope of finding a weapon. Unfortunately my assailant seemed to have the same idea, and it became a race to see who could reach it first. It's a tie, and we each run up the stairs on the opposite sides. He starts bandaging himself after taking quite a beating from the zombies, giving me a few precious seconds to catch my breath and look around. Laying on the ground right next to me I see... a hatchet.

I probably could have just run away at this point, but I couldn't risk it. I'm sorry, Stevis, but you should have just let me go!

Ok so today I was playing with two other friends. We'd been scavenging some barns and supermarkets for loot so we could get equipped. After a while we kind of got careless and ran into Pushtoshka getting lots of aggro. About 20 zombies swarm us and overrun us. One of my friends died in the battle and I broke my legs. The other friend was still OK but since none of us had any morphine on us we couldn't fix my messed up legs. So I crawl through the town while my mate is looted the local supermarket on his own. I crawled and crawled in the hopes of finding some morphine which, of course, I didn't. My last hope was the church so I crawled inside. Damnit, no morphine to be found. At this point I'm already telling my mate that died to find me some morphine at a hospital when he's respawned. It would be a long haul for him but it was my only chance.

Suddenly me and my mate heard gunfire down the road. I told my buddy to get to me as quickly as possible. He tried to get to me but gets charged by 4 other players that have aggro from a whole bunch of runners. I lie down in the middle of the church and keep the entrance in my ironsights (I have an AK74). At this point the other players have taken notice of us and I actually see them running by the entrance with a train of zombies behind them. My buddy is panicking at this point and so am I so he bumrushes into the church, proceeds to scare the shit out of me and in the panic I friendly fuck him.

"DAMN! I really need his backup" - I think. Of course the other players are only too aware that I'm inside the church and although they get aggro constantly they manage to fight zed off.

They speak to me on local saying: "Hey guy in the church, we're gonna getcha. Judgement is coming for you!"

One of the suckers proceeded to walk past the entrance and I fragged him with a nice three round burst to the face. The other started cussing some more over local and told me I'd die soon which, to be honest, was a real possibility at this point.

To distract my they throw a smoke grenade inside. This is my chance, while they think they're distracting me they actually give me the cover needed to grab a frag grenade out of my backpack. I lob the grenade just outside the door opening. BOOM! Two kills. Now the score is even and although I have broken legs, I also have a nice and clear shot through the opening of the door. I wait a couple of minutes, all the while my heart pounding like mad. I can hear zombies getting aggro outside and I just lie in wait. Finally the last player's patience is up and he tries to roll out and shoot me. *tap*tap*tap* - Three to the face and he's dead.

After lying in wait a bit more I decide to slowly check the closest body. Thank god! Morphine! I fix myself up so I can stand and I loot the bodies (at this point I was down to my last AK mag). I find a nice M4, a bigger ALICE pack and lots and lots of food.

Thanks chums, judgement hath cometh indeed, but not for me!

• Like 5

Forgive me for any typos, its late at night and im sat in the darkness on my laptop i barely use, but i think this is worth the read

So i log on early yesterday morning, im doing a pretty standard scavenge around Elektro after trying to venture north and eventually being punished for not supplying correctly before my journey started. So, i head into Elektro, alot more aware as to what i need to be looking for, and roughly how much of it i will need to make the treck back north to meet up with my buddys who had started to head back towards me with the tractor we had found earlier on.

So, im headed over to the hospital in Elektro with my freshly looted Enfield, the area looks clear, so i blow the windows and take hold of a few blood bags and morphine injectors and head on my way over to the office buildings. but as i leave the hospital, i notice a bus that was not there before i went in, i never even thought about it, i just ran across, hopped in this fully fuelled up bus, and started to drive north, picking up a fresh spawner on my way, who was probablies just as excited as me to see the bus, so in he gets, and off we go north, to meet my pals waiting for me, set up camp in a forest with my sniper, ammo, and some of my other supplies.

So, i head up past the factory outside of elektro, and head up the main road north, and suddenly i hear the cutting of air from a helicopter, and considering i had never seen a bus in game, i thought surely im not going to make my first encounter with a helicopter today aswell, so i literally got up from my chair, and checked to see if there was a police helicopter outside, as there normally is around my area at home, but nah, no sign, so back into my pc chair i go and i carry on my journey with my traveller sat in the back of the bus taking in the experience like i was, probablies the first vehicle he had layed eyes on.

then suddenly, the roar of the helicopter became louder, and i seen it heading towards me in the distance, "oh fuck" i thought, i must have stole their bus, so i put my foot down, and tried to get to my mates as quick as i could, who were pretty heavily armed and hopefully able to help take these guys out, the helicopter began to circle me, raining bullets down on me as i veered my huge bus across the road trying to avoid their fire, i hear the breaking of bones, and as i span my camera around, the traveller i picked up had taken a shot and fell out of the bus, quickly falling victim to a few more loose shots from the chopper, obviously since i did not know the guy, and im in the midst of the zombie apocolypse xD i left and tried to save myself, however a few short minutes later, the helicopter eventually managed to damage my hull to the point i was forced to stop, i clambered out of the cab, and tried everything i could to stay out of the helicopters line of sight, noticing this, the helicopter landed in a near by field, letting out two of their clan to try and flush me out away from teh bus, not knowing i was armed, i managed to get a shot off on one of the bandits, breaking his bones and slowing his advance, however his mate flanked me from around the back of the bus, and pushed me into plane sight of the chopper, a quick burst of machine gun fire later and i was dead.

Having respawned in elektro, i quickly ran back to the location i left my bus, hoping it was there, but it was gone, and with it, probablies the last vehicle and helicopter i would see in the game for a long time

that was for me so far, my really defining dayz moment, but i know i will have many more to come, and all though this may seem to some people abit bs, im pretty sure there wont be many people who experience a half hour on dayz like this, but i also know there will be some people who read this and really appreciate the intensity that dayz can reach

• Like 1

Three friends and I had decided to gather parts for a car and bring it to a spot that always has the car left on every server. We managed to gather up most of the car parts, and find two helicopter crashes within two or three hours. The next day I convince one of the guys with me to head up to the NWAF because why not. Two minutes in our run we pass another helichopper crash, and this is just after finding antibiotics and a GPS. We get to the airfield and meet up with another friend who had logged off there some time ago, loot everything, and leave.

Then we saw a cow.

We didn't need blood. But the guy we met at the airfield likes cooking meat. A lot. I didn't have any space. But it was a cow. Yeah, it was about 50 yards out from the airfield. But it was a cow.

Airfield guy takes a few shots with a gun that looked a lot like the M14. I decided to take my shiny new M107 out of my backpack and take a few test shots with that. After 4 shots from my new sniper the cow decides to disappear. So we killed a goat we had seen nearby and cooked that. As we're all sitting around the campfire, joking and talking, feasting on meat, all we hear is "yatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata". Oh, whatever. That was my thinking.

Then airfield guy yells "Guys, quit dicking around". I looked at my friend and he looked at me and all the while "yatatatatatatatatataatatat" is blazing in the background.

"That's not us."

After the longest delayed reaction of our lives we all decide that the best response to this is to run in circles for about ten seconds until we find the shooter. Then airfield guy ducks behind a tree, my other friend runs off into the forest, and in the smartest decision i've ever made I figured that must have been the M249 firing so long, the very gun that was one of my endgame goals, so I should obviously go hunt him down and take his weapon. I assumed from the lack of bullet holes any of our bodies contained he knew the general direction in which we were in, but didn't know exactly where we were. Which would hint he was newer to the game or didn't know his weapon. I decided to stick to the treeline and attempt to snipe him when he moved closer to start shooting again. I go prone and move along the tree until I found the grass was blocking my view too much and I get up.

I spotted him before he spotted me. Unlike him, I was getting up. Unlike him I had a sniper rifle. He was inches away from me. And had a machine gun. I survived three seconds of continuous fire before my legs were torn off and I slipped into death.

Edited by MRJOEYBON
  • Like 1

Scumbag Sams tale of Tikz and the KARMA.

So Meshuggah, GHOSTED and myself were on the northern outskirts of Cherno in a fully dark server looking for some medical loot at the hospital. Making sure to camp out the area first just to be clear of players. GHOSTED has his DMR and NVG checking out all the spots in Cherno for players. We wait patiently as he does this. All of a sudden the word "player" goes down my spine. GHOSTED is an amazing marksman so we put this guy down on the toast list. We observed the player "Tikz" for a couple of minutes rummaging around apartments not hesitating to shoot stuff with his revolver. From our point of view we see a player at major disadvantage to our firepower of 2 DMR's and an m16, when he only has a revolver. So Meshuggah and myself run down to the closest treeline to the apartments and watch him walk into the closest apartment to "zig-zag" stairs. As he pops his head out for a look Meshuggah has a shot, miss, a rarity for him. Tikz all of a sudden becomes extremely aggressive and loops around behind the hospital as I fire at him. Hitting him? I'm not sure. As he abuses us and gets extremely mad, he pops around from behind the hospital side apartment and smokes me, I didn't even see it coming. 2 seconds after that Meshuggah was also dead. Underestimation at its finest. Then we hear GHOSTED say "Tikz is down" once again saving our stupid asses. We underestimated you Tikz, and after you killed us we were genuinely happy in a way that you taught us not to be so cocky, even with decent gear. Well played my friend.

• Like 4

28 days and >800 zombie kills >60 player kills started to miss cherno so I stopped in for a visit. In grand style I pulled out my axe, holstering my AS50 and my PDW. I axed 9 players madly and got hit by a sniper from somewhere... 2800 health. Suddenly I see 3 axes heading right toward me from 20 meters away and I'm bleeding. Behind the axes is 2 ugly women and a black guy who didn't know how bad the vest pouch was because he was wearing it. I know it's a tight situation so I pull out my PDW but dont scroll right and pull out the AS50 instead, 3 shots later the dinner bell had been rung. Every zombie from everywhere ,and his friends, family, and co-workers were on my ass. I ran from cherno central to the hospital tents and strafed sideways over by the "under construction" building. Entering I bandaged with 1300 health and passed out.

I hear a voice "Hi" and footsteps. The noob side of me is screaming to alt f4 but I've got more honor than that. The guy said "Oh you're hurt" and suddenly I've got 12,000 health. I've been bloodbagged. I get up and give the guy my AS50 from my backpack as a tank you (I've got more in tents, I played counter-sniper for days). The guy reloads it and says "Wow, I've never even seen one of these before!" and then we are teleported to berezino along with the rest of the server and a satchel charge goes off.

My buddy is blown up, I ran as soon as the teleport happened so I'm broken legs behind the berezino hospital which is now rubble. M249's rip through the air and spray wildly in every direction. M107s shoot almost full auto. A helicopter flies overhead and ATVs start to appear all over the place.

I must have made the axe gods angry. I barely survived all thanks to my friend ALT-f4. In the whole mess I never even got the name of my mysterious friend who bloodbagged me and soothed my pain in cherno. I'll forever wonder if the guy I'm hunting is the guy who once saved me. I won't think twice though because "Trust Nobody Whos Not In Teamspeak"

• Like 1

So my house mate and I decide to head north east from Dolina to Berezino after a finder some half descent loot out of some deer stands. My house mate cam has an akm and i have a m4cco. As we head into the town from the south west we spot 3 gents running across the field heavily armed with military weapons. I order to shoot those fuckers, in an adrenaline rush we squeeze of half a clip each at these guys as they disappear over the ridge. CHASE CHASE! we both make our way over the ridge and take cover near a cluster of houses. i take my binoculars out and scout out there location while Cam checks our six. To the north of us i spot one bandaging himself from our frenzy of bullets. I scream out to cam over here bromosexual! and we both unleash fury on this poor chap. i cop a rifle shot to the leg and hit the dirt unconcious while cam suppresses the frack out the 2 guys taking cover behind the trees. i pick myself up and we both take cover behind bushes. i bandage myself up and cam gives me a bloodbag. we check the distant forest and housing area to and give the all clear as we both had a murder each and the other disconnected. I stagger up to the corpses and loot the CZ550 and take cover behind a tree keeping my eyes peeled for the alt f4er if he comes back that is. I end up getting shot by another 2 man group trying to get there friends loot back and cam has the same fate. one of the most tense sessions cam and i have ever had... keeps me playing dayz erry day.

• Like 1

My friend John and I were scouting NWAF to the best of our ability with the artifacting. I found a small clear spot to watch the barracks door from while John was on his way in from the gate. I was cubbied up in that little corner SW of the southern barracks. Then footsteps from the east. I turn to see a guy in camo clothing. He opens fire with an AKM the moment he sees me. I pace and return fire with my M4a1. He empties a clip, not landing a SINGLE SHOT. I land 3 successive shots on him while he is reloading- he promptly alt+f4s and vanishes. John finally shows up and I tell him about my encounter with the 'eagle eyed gunman' I rage a little and we set out with the goal of finding some downed helis.

To the coward on DE 1049; you're supposed to be dead, and I remember your name. It may take me awhile, but I WILL finish the battle YOU started. You will reap what you sow.

A friend and I both spawned in in the middle of the night and spent about an hour meeting up. We then spent another 30 minutes or so trying to get our inventories sorted out as we prepared to head off into the wilderness.

Miraculously, we managed to find a map as we were still on the southern shore. As I opened it up to get our bearings, examining where we were at in relation to the treeline, I got shot in the head by a bandit north of us in the woods. He never bothered to try and collect my gear.

Not wanting to endure the painful process of walking along the pitch black coast for another hour to meet again, we both logged off.

LOL thats basically my session of dayz until now. Wish I could fly A chopper like in arma :(.

Hello dear community,

I wrote a story too (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/56463-a-little-story/) but I added some "fantasy" to it. So I wasn't sure if it fits in here.

If you are interested I would be happy if you take the time to read it. Feedback is always appreciated :)

Here are some quite good stories. That is the great thing in sandbox games!

Germany 11 am. I deside to go without my clan to the internationl airflied to find a rage finder for my friend. ok i deside to take a bicycle becouse bus coppper or other vehicles to loud to be stealth.

So bike in the tree near grishino so far so good. frist I scann the hole airfield and go to the nw barakes nothing spowned only zombies shit. okthan back to the other baraks but nothing spowned. I get piss off becouse nothing tere and i hate to hop server becouse this feels like cheating. But hop to another server near the baraks. first i scann everything and get in. ok stuff spowned but nothing i need so i walk from the last rom to the begin of the baraks in the fist rom loot same g17 amo and walk out of the room. than a nother player came from the end of the baraks in the last roum out of nowhere he shoot first, but i get him down such fast with the m 14 ep 9000 hp left and mass zombies try to came in beouse m14 is make havy sounds. I take over kill 57 of tham an deside to loot the hooper ony thing i need was the m4a1 cco SD so i take the stuff in my backpack and walk back to my bisicle to get back home with the wappon I surch for bufflo is nice but this one make more dmg. i need 10 min to walk mack switch server and the wappon is gone... the rest amo and m9 sd still there only the m4a1 sd disapiert an i get back my dmr ;-( . so hoping server is a piche of shit hope you guys lern sth. dl and surive dayZ

Miracle

29/07/2012, Gvozdno

Today I was ready to die at the NW Airfield,

I found an M16 with a grenade launcher which made me go for it, I had less than half of the blood in my body, kept falling over and almost dying, I needed food and water, I accepted death so I went to the top of the radio tower in which I was fighting of hordes of zombies, I hardly climbed the top of the it and got out some flares and smoke grenades. I thought if I'm gonna die, I want to die like a hero so I threw out everything that could lure zombies, there were about thirty of them, all yelling and running into the smoke, I had three clips left, I sat down on one leg so I wouldn't lose even more blood and energy and then... I opened fire.

Music was playing in my head, I felt the end, wounds were bleeding throught the bandages as I was firing the rifle. The magazine had its last 20 rounds, shot five, killed three zombies, I decided to go down to meet them personally.

As I came down my eyes spotted a can of beans, not much but at least I wouldn't die starving, so I ate it, started walking down, gave out two rounds into a chest of a military zombie. I ran out of the doors limping, almost falling over but I kept thinking of surviving while firing three rounds, I was in a situation where I was exiting and entering any buildings to lose these murderers, as I entered one of the shacks what I saw gave me the faith to survive... An M9 SD, I didn't care about the fact it didn't have any ammo, my heart told me I need to fight to survive...

So I run out of the airfield, lucky to be alive since there were no people around, from what I heard when I met up with a villager before the outbreak, there were around sixty people left, we all know that 225 square kilometers is a big land but people would always go to the big places to scavenge...

As I was in the middle of an empty forest, my stomoach needed food, I had nothing left on me, having only 10 rounds in a heavy rifle was tiring, I had to make the fire lighting a torn up map which was the only dry thing on the island, I was cold, had lost probably sixty percent of my blood by getting away from the Zombies in a hurry... I made a stop, lit up the map which I didn't need anymore because I was headed for what was called the Devil's Castle, I had a compass and remembered most of the map in my head.

As I lit up the fire to gain some temperature and rest I started looking for animals, there was nothing... The forest was dead, not a single rabbit or a bird. It seemed to me like the outbreak killed most of the animal kingdom in Chernarus, I was in a situation where I was hungry and tired but close to the destination where I had the last chance of getting some food.

I put out the fire after boiling the rain drop water that I collected from a big puddle that was forming into a pond. It was clear and tasty, at least I wasn't losing fluid and it was a temporary hunger fill.

After an hour of a very tiring journey from the fire place I reached what looked like a Medieval castle, it was the Devil's Castle itself...

I saw about eight zombies, sneaked through the ruins trying not to make a single sound but I stepped on a lot of cracked stones...

I was almost on the staircase of the big tower but I saw the Beast... It looked straight into my eyes, I could hear him breathing, I knew I couldn't shoot or I would be dead from all of the Zombies, so I ran with the energy I had left, up two levels of stairs which were very slippery from the rain, and grabbed a bottle with a label saying "Jack Daniels", since there were no safety ropes on the stairs, I swung my arm with the bottle in my hand and smashed it on the zombie's head, the impact caused it to break into pieces and the blood thirsty creature dropped two stories onto a sharp rock dying as it hit it. I searched the whole tower, there was nothing. The rain got stronger and it seemed there was a storm forming, I had to get out, I was feeling so hungry that I thought my stomoach started eating the excess fat in my body,

I was getting into a state of shock and madness, I started going down the stairs silently and I made my way behind the second tower which was inaccessible due to fallen rocks in the doorway. I spotted one out of two staircases that led to the wall of the castle, I was getting paranoid, could hardly hear anything and kept watching out for Zombies and Bandits. I found empty cans and bottles, I walked next to them without interest because I knew they were empty, as I started following the route on the wall I realised I was getting too close to the zombies on the ground so I started going back, now feeling like I was about to faint, as I was going down the stairs I realised one of the cans that I walked by before had a label, I came closer to it and saw "Canned Pasta", I took out my Hunting Knife and stabbed the can.

When I opened the can I felt joy, getting closer to the finish line, I felt like I would be rescued, the feeling wasn't normal, it was something out of this world.

I needed to sleep since I couldn't continue, before I would leave the Castle. I knew I would faint, so I went back onto the walls but now went in a different direction, I realised there was an opening in the wall and it seemed it would fit me perfectly, I leaned down and crawled into it, there were some stones, I covered the "entry" of the hole with them so I wouldn't feel the wind, cold or rain, and of course, I was covered from the Zombies but I could see everything, but they didn't see me, it wasn't comfortable but I was so exhausted that I fallen asleep before I even realised. I woke up at 6:49AM. The place seemed empty from Zombies but I took the back exit, I was feeling much better but I still needed blood, I was tired but not hungry or thirsty since I kept drinking the water from my canteen and could still feel the pasta I had before I went to sleep.

I am currently in a place called Gvozdno and found some smoked meat in what seems to be a local bar, I must get a transfusion, the blood in the meet will help but it will be nothing compared to a transfusion, maybe today will be a good day.

PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK, FIRST STORY, DON'T KNOW IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH!

Okay so I enter the church in Cherno yesterday, and begin to loot it. I had just spawned so there is quite a bit to loot. I find a makarov with a bit of ammo, but otherwise nothing. Shortly after that, all of the loot in the church disappears. I was about to go and report it to the bug forums, but decided to march on to the pub. I check around the doors, leaning in 3rd person to be sure that no one is there, then I begin to walk away from the church. Literally, 10 feet away from the church, I am shot down by a fully-automatic gun and the person keeps firing and firing and firing in to my now stiff corpse. By this point, I believe I had around -26000 blood. Some people can just be sick fucks some times. Oh well, he got a Makarov, a coke, and a watch.

Today, we went to Kamenka on a tip-off from a friend of a friend about two cars. We spent about 15 minutes looking, and lo and behold, someone had hid his V3S and S1203 up there. Both had bad engines.

We took the V3S back to camp, and the S1203 to a location I'm not disclosing, but on the way back, my friend and I found an Offroad pickup. We took it to camp, as well.

Whoever left the Pickup up north with the 3 FAL's and a Bizon in it, thanks! Oh, and thanks to the two idiots who left the V3S and Van too! Our friend of a friend enjoyed your FAL and took a nice heap of STANAG. Good show, friend.

heres a story that happened last night: So My friend and I were going to this tentsite we found before to get some tires for this ural we found. We got the tires, then just as we were about to leave the campsite. I hear a vehicle in the distance so I tell him to get down and hide in a tree (we're both in ghillie suits). 2 People pull up to the tent site in a white offroad truck, my friend starts shitting his pants, they haven't seen us yet. I then pull out my DMR and snipe both of them then tell him to go and finish them off before they alt f4 while unconscious. They both died before they could DC and we ended up taking their truck. They didn't have anything good on them though. And not even an hour later we were driving the truck and the engine block got sniped and it blew up and we both died from bleeding out.