Woke up yesterday, alone on a beach and it feels like that tend to happen alot these days. I knew that i had some friends in Zeleno so my first goal was to get some supplies and head north, Found a small town called Komarovo and as soon as i saw the towns sign i head a fearsome growl. An infected had seen me, and he was not happy to see me. Since my trusted bandage was useless to fight with i chosed the next best thing: Running like a mad man. After a couple of minutes i found an airfield and i seemed to have lost the infected man.

Skulking around the airfield i found a Mp5 and a bunch of G17 and Mp5 clips. I was swell, but a bit hungry. Tried to get my bearings and headed north again...

...after some time, with no action and even less sign of other survivors i found my friends. They had an AK, a glock and an M14 and the best thing of all: Meat and water. A couple of hours followed with alot of walking, killing of some animals and getting their meat.

Had a bunch of good gear for getting food and survive, but i wanted something more, some kind of action. I got what i asked for.

When crossing a field two infected saw us, we killed them off and then a new sound entered my left ear. The sound of bullets hitting the hill behind me. A sniper. We made a run for it and move to a couple of barns to eat, drink and catch our breath. Suddenly we hear a sound again, this time very familiar: The sound of a gun that was reloaded and before we reacted a spray of bullets hit the barn door. I panicked and kissed the ground while my "friends" ran as fast as they could towards a nearby forrest. I was now alone, and a bit scared. All was quiet.

After five minutes on the ground i started to run, hoping that the person shooting at us had fled the field. I started to run after my friends. And about 50 meters inside i found them, happy has small children, and most of all alive. They had found a tent with morphine, blood and 10 cooked steaks.

We all agreed that we liked the rush, and had heard rumours of an airbase with a gathering of survivors to the north east. We went for a stroll and finally came to the airfield. (After getting lost a couple of times we entred from the east side and not the southwest as we had planned. We strolled to the point where we had planned to enter. Some infected was in the way and was easly cleared. We found water and a barrack with a semi automatic shotgun inside, since we all had a nice amount of ammo to our guns we left it there. Was about to leave when we heard a motor noice.

A UAZ was entering our area and i quicklig hid in one of the rooms in the barracks. My friends ran off and i again was alone. Suddenly i hear one of my friends yell: There is someone with an axe! I looked toward the only entrance and saw a person running towards me, i got of two 3 round bursts and missed. He quickly entered one of the other rooms. Then i saw that i had hit something, right outside was a body with blood pouring out of various places. I hadn't seen him. I knew that i got one of two known people. One in the room... WITH THE SHOTGUN. My heart started to pound, adrenaline was rushing and i poked out and BANG.

A shot missed me and i put a well placed three round burst in the shooters head. The car started and drove off.

My heart was still pounding and i yelled to my friends that i just wanted to leave this place of carnage and death. We started to run and heard a chopper in the distance. What was this?! Had we killed some people with really powerful friends?

One of my friends informed me that they probably are going to fuel the chopper on the airfield. After a while we came to the site where we thought they would have landed. But alas, it was empty. We ran to a safe spot and logged off.

Best day of my day-z playing... YET!

Woke up feeling good, as good as one can sleeping on a mountain in the woods overlooking a town full of blood thirsty zeds.

Pusta was the name I could make out on my map, at least as far as I could figure considering where I'd come from last night. Didn't matter much though, I was just glad to be alive.

Might have been a bit too happy. Took a spill over a rock, busted my leg and smacked my head good.

Came to a while later, day was ruined. Did what I could for the pain but the leg was no good. Crawled my way toward that little village barely avoiding the zeds, gritting my teeth real hard so as not to scream out. Wasn't a thing there worth getting at and the leg wasn't any better for it. Didn't help I kept passing out, could have turned out bad if I'd have done it near those creeps.

Thought for a long minute maybe I ought to just give up, I got this pistol here would finish the job up quick. But that ain't me.

Took a look at my map. Not a damn thing near by, but I figure Elektro's gotta have a hospital and I ain't ready to die just yet. So I start crawling.

I focus on my breath, keep crawling straight. I ain't got time to worry about nothing else. I slip in and out of consciousness, each time I wake up it seems like a dream. Pain kicks in real quick though and I get to crawling again.

Every now and then I scan the area, I see what look like a bunch of archways just outside the trees. I start thinking maybe this is Heaven. Maybe I'm done.

I shake it off. Ain't no time to be getting religious now.

Then a farm house appears in the distance. I start scrambling as quick as I can. Pain seems dull now, guess that adrenalin started to kick in. I start to feel good again.

Too bad, things go black all too sudden.

I wake up a while later, one of those creeps hopping on all fours toward me. I get up under a bush, he passes by too close for my liking. Once he's gone I get a move on again.

Ain't long before the city comes into view. Just as I'm about to crawl up to a little dirt road I hear a couple of shots. Sound like they're from a rifle, and they're close.

I think for a minute, then I call out "My legs broke, been crawling for a while and I sure could use a hand". Probably not the best idea. Doesn't matter, no one answers. Not even with a bullet.

I cross the road and see the church, maybe that's a sign. I figure someone's got to be in there, so I head right for it.

Then I see the strangest damn thing yet. A bicycle goes flying by in front of the church, then about twenty zed come running up behind it. I'm still a good way out so I figure I ought to lay low a while. Probably a good idea since I pass out after that notion.

I wake up to more gunshots. Sounds like pistol fire this time and it's over the hill to the west, so I don't get too concerned. I start crawling toward that church again, the whole while wondering if I dreamt that bike rider.

Wasn't long before I get up near the road. I look both ways, nothing's coming. I scramble to the church as shots ring out.

No one's inside. I call out a few times, hoping someone will help. I pass out again. When I wake I hear several shots, a shotgun this time. Sounds like someone right out the church is in trouble. I shout to them. I ask for help, offer to help hold off the creeps, give them whatever I've got. Guess they didn't hear me, or it was too late.

I can hear the zed out in the church yard, growling and scratching. Makes my skin crawl. Then once more I find myself shocked as that cyclist goes zipping by the church. I start shouting again, still no response.

Once the groans and giggles of those creeps dies down I figure I only got one shot. I recall someone saying there was a hospital just east of the church. I don't recall meeting anyone though, so I can't quite figure where that thought came from. I look up at the pulpit for a moment before making up my mind. I quietly crawl out the door and straight through the church yard. I find a little opening in the buildings and spot some busted windows across the street. I get to figuring this is it, either that's where I need to be or this is the end.

Shots ring out, but I'm determined. I start crawling. Must have been luck, not a damn creep was on the block. I pull myself over broken glass and spot bandages littering the floor. I rummage through the mess and find just what I need to fix my leg up.

I lay on my back, let out quiet sigh, shed a couple tears and have a laugh. I get up, put a little weight on the leg. It ain't a hundred percent, but it's good enough to walk.

I grab everything I can carry and head out, moving east between buildings. Soon as I get out of town I make my way up a hill and straight into the woods. Was feeling good now, just like that morning. Must have been a little too excited, pushed my leg a bit harder than I should have.

Ground rushed up to meet me, sleep came with it.

• Like 3

I logged in today, my 16th day alive, I was in the Balota military camp. My friend said he was in Cherno, as i began heading to Cherno a guy in a UAZ drove past. He got out of the car, shot some zombies and just drove off. I hesitated that whole time whether or not I should have killed him, I had decided too late, he was out of sight. I decided to chase him down, I sprinted towards where the car drove off, which was towards Cherno. A few seconds later my friends told me that a car just drove by. I made it to Cherno and found my friend, but the UAZ was gone, we decided to check out the hospital in Cherno. As we began to walk, the UAZ began coming back the way it came, I ducked down and shot the car. The survivor pulled over and got out of the car and began shooting, I managed to shoot his wheel before he killed me. My friend couldn't see the survivor and died too.

I respawned, and lucky for me I spawned in Cherno! The survivor was still there but he hadn't seen me yet, I walked over to where our bodies were, he had looted them and then buried them. I saw the car drive away but he need fuel and needed to fix the wheel, so he stopped at the gas station. I crawled towards the gas station. The survivor began shooting me and I hid behind a bush, he must have been scared that I had a weapon so he threw a smoke grenade. I used that as my advantage, I quickly ran around into the forest just as the smoke went away. I looked over, the survivor was at the bush I was hiding looking for me. I sprinted to his UAZ and jumped into it. I put the foot on the gas and drove off, screaming "TAKE THAT SUCKER!" in direct chat.

My friend had spawned in Kamenka, so I began driving towards it. I decided to drive in the bush so no one would see me. I was halfway there when all of a sudden someone shot me and I fell out of the car, I was unconscious, but he walked up and put another round in my head. I was dead. I don't know if it was the same guy who I stole the car off, or I just happened to come across another guy on a server with only 6 people on including me and my friend. Probably the most hilarious and exhilarating experience in DayZ I've ever had.

Just spawned in on a server, laying down so sniper cant find me as easy, scouting the airfield, i see 2 guys prone crawling on the way to the control tower, so i decided i wanted to kill them for there backpacks and weapons, (m4a1) and a alice backpack. after i have taken them out with 15 shots since its about 340 meter away and im shooting with a lee enfield.

i got there stuff and i started to run around looting to controll tower and the rest of the airfield. when im done and i want to get away from airfield. Boom one shooted by a sniper with a 50. cal, me thinking well. im going to play something else to get my mind of it. get back 4 hours later. dammit need to start over

Last night I was searching for a decent server, now due to the multiplayer server list being nonexistent I had to find the IP address of the server I wanted to play on. This was no trouble and I was soon in a server. I spent a few minutes waiting for my previous character to die, once that had happened I respawned, however the server seemed to be causing me FPS issues so I switched to another one.

Chernarus

Day 0

Elektozavodsk

lo

The words popped up on the side of my screen, Elektro is one of my favourite spawns well that and Balota; Cherno and I never really got on. Now I did my usual looting, train station, fire station, general store, Café, office building and then to the power plant. I had only acquired a revolver by this point which wasn't too bad but wouldn't be much use if I met a player.

As I neared the station I heard a large amount of flies, I climbed to the top of the tower and found two bodies, one of them had practically nothing however the other had a hatchet, not much but a weapon at the least. I started to climb downstairs when I heard shots from an M series weapon, they were to my right and below me. I lay down on the first floor of the station, hatchet at the ready pointed at the stairs. I lay here for 20 minutes or so, the shots continued and I didn't move. Then I heard a voice over direct coms, it was quiet but I wasn't sure if they were far away or whispering, it said "I can see you" "Come out" "Hello? I know you're there". I continued to lay still and didn't reply. After five minutes of silence I made my way to the main floor of the station.

Nothing.

I knew someone was in the area still as the shots continued, they sounded as if they were right behind me but I paid no heed now. I ran out of the fire station and out into the wilds.

Edited by Santaman2346
  • Like 1

Outside electro with an m14 and my buddy. The server was dead so we were just blasting away for fun waiting on the server reset to fix our flipped ATV (offroad vehicle my arse!). One of our clan buddies comes on Mumble and we explain where we are (up the hill from the grocery store). He didn't explain he was moving up to us and decided to run up the hill while 4 Zeds were also rushing at us. I blasted him in the face thinking he was a Zed. His fault.

An hour later I'm with the same player again and we are trying to prone down to the same Grocery store. Zeds are everywhere and one of them spots up so I tell him to just get up and run inside and we'll take them out from there. Now I was in front of him, and I got up first and ran full speed into the store. He was behind me for sure but when I got inside and moved to the other end of the shop there was a player sitting there. I opened fire instantly with my revolver whilst my buddy said over Mumble "player in here...player!" .

"I know, I've just shot him, where are you?" I replied.

"that was me you shot!"

I have no idea how he got in there before me, but again his fault for not communicating his location. We had a good old laugh about my blasting him twice within an hour. Dayz is the school of hard knocks. Now he keeps us updated of his movements like a good trooper!

I log in at the grocery store in Cherno, where I had abruptly logged off the night before after my two comrades (Rick and Glenn) had been harassed by a hacker who was placing bear traps all over the place in front of them and breaking their legs. It's getting dark; I see a player crouched over picking loot off the store floor. I am currently holding the rare L85A2 AWS in my hands that I had gotten after Glenn sniped a couple players running through Cherno the day before, not risking losing the gun, I put a few rounds from my 1911 into him and ended his life.

My two comrades are making their way to Cherno with fresh characters after getting killed the night before. They go through Cherno and gear up and we rendezvous at the medical tents. It's pitch black by now and we decide to make our way toward Stary. We have one person with a chemlight leading the way. We go over the tree covered hills north of Cherno and somehow Glenn veers off and gets lost. Rick and I make our way out into the field on the other side of the hill and throw down a flare to help him find us while I scan the tree line with infrared. I then switch to night vision and keep scanning. I then see movement running parallel with the tree line on the hill. I noticed he is wearing a ghillie suit, which none of us were currently wearing, so I shoot off a round in his direction to possibly scare him away. Glenn finds us and we continue toward Stary.

We get to Stary and loot the military tents and find nothing good. We now make our way to the Northwest Airfield. Approaching the airfield I post up and scan with thermal for any activity while my comrades go loot the barracks to the south. I see a bus parked east of the barracks in the field of the runway. I run over and jump in the driver seat to see the condition it's in. To my surprise it is in perfect shape with 3/4 tank of gas. I check to see what kind of gear is in it, there was an M14 and some DMR mags to go with it, along with some other odd ball loot. I sit and watch over the bus and continue to scan the airfield with thermal for activity while my comrades make their way across to loot the hangers, fire station, control tower, and northern barracks. While they are looting the fire station, I hear a vehicle approaching to the west. I see a Ural speeding down the west side of the airstrip and heading north. It disappears from my sight and Rick thinks it must be heading for the northern barracks. They make their way north to the barracks to investigate but the Ural is no where to be found.

After we all settle down, they loot the barracks and head back south to loot the control tower. I come by and pick them up with the bus and swing around the airfield heading south. Before we could make it out of the airfield we are fired upon. My comrades hop out of the bus and go prone while I swing back around to draw fire so they can determine the direction from which the gunman is shooting. All of a sudden Glenn is unloaded on by a suppressed weapon and killed. At this point we knew he had to have night vision. Glenn tells us it came from the trees southeast of the hangers. I swing by and scoop up Rick with the bus to try and put some distance between us and the shooter. He takes out one of the wheels and the bus is only capable of doing circles. We hop out of the bus and I begin to scan the trees with my thermal scope for the gunman and can't see him. Rick jumps back in the bus and starts doing circles in the airfield to try and draw the shooter back out so I can spot him. I strafe up a little hill to my right to get a better vantage point all the while scanning the trees. I spot him crouch running a few meters and he suddenly turns and aims directly at me and bullets begin to whiz by my head. I take off into some shrubbery and go prone. After a few seconds he starts shooting at the bus again. With my scope zeroed in at 300m, I crouch walk out of the bushes, spot him again, and pop off 4 shots; killing him. My heart was pounding like crazy. No other game has came even close to rise given from playing this game.

I go and loot his body. He had a ghillie suit, possibly the same bush wookie I seen north of Cherno, with a M4A1 camo SD, night vision goggles, range finder, a gps, and other crap we had no use for. Rick received the NVGs since I already had a thermal and NV scope on my gun. I took the range finder and gps. We searched the airfield for another tire to no avail and decided to head south back toward Cherno. About half way there we were disconnected due to a server restart.

Here's the link to our adventure from Rick's point of view: http://www.twitch.tv...ick/b/326142765

Edited by Skimmin850

It was 4:00 AM both server time and in real time. I was tired, both physically and mentally, as i swept the fields just southeast of NWAF. In almost pitch black darkness, i hustled up the steep slope to my right, hoping to find the enterance to the airfield. Alas, my luck was not so good. There was a "friend" of mine, so to speak. We teamed up 30 minutes ago and were moving together like true survivalists. One would cover the other during a bounding move from cover to cover. One would take shots from afar, not alerting a horde of walkers, while another silently made their way through, making an attempt at anywhere big enough to hold loot.

It was 5 minutes since he/she last logged off. Their final words to me "Brb, sammich is done". I chuckled, as my hunger was orange, and without any food in sight, i was worrying about slowly dying. I crested the hill to see what seemed like a field set ablaze. Road flares were everywhere. In the middle of this madness there were 3 vehicles, 2 Gaz's and a bus. Curiously, i took out my binoculars and reconned the area. The distance between me and the vehicles was at least 1000 meters, if not more. I assumed i was safe from the 10+ men and women scattering around setting up shop. But it was the soft patter of large caliber rounds landing right in front of my face to remind me that sniper rifles still exist.

I dashed for the nearest cover; a low-lying stone barricade. Again, more shots, these not as soft, due to the stone. I poked my head up, only to hear a bullet whiz by and hit a tree. Either the man was an amazing marksman, or i couldnt locate the muzzle flashes. Thats when "that was the most amazing ham&cheese ive ever had "appeared in the direct comms chat". After telling him/her the situation, we both decide to use our practiced bounding/cover technique. Very slowly we advanced from cover to cover until we were 500 meters from the trucks. Now we were in rifle range. Just then 3 or 4 of the bandits lit up my friend, sending him into a slow spiral of blood loss and death.

Thankfully, he died withing looting range, and though i hated the fact i was now using my ex-ally's dead corpse as a means of survival, it payed off. He had not one, but two M67 grenades, along with roadflares. The ones lit previously by the bandits had long faded. The only sources of light were the vehicles, which the bandits had so warmingly aimed at me, and the sporadic muzzle flashes. I knew i had to find and kill at least one of the guys, to make sure my comrade's death was not in vain. So i revealed my position and flung the road flares far into the woods, highlighting enemy snipers.

I knew there would be no survival, and alt-f4 would just prove to everyone (who by this time knew my name) that i was a coward. I would go down fighting. Armed with an Enfield, a makarov, 2 frags, and a few roadflares, i quickly launched one of the frags into an enemy group only 30 or so meters away. No dead, but i saw two men who lost a severe amount of blood. Suddenly another group opened up from my right flank and my cover became even less safe. i threw another frag at the group of two. Two kills.

Now i knew there were at least 8 more remaining. Then the crack of a heavy sniper echoed through my headset. The bullet just barely missed me. At this point i was about 750 meters from the other group. I picked up an AK and one more frag from the two dead bodies, and blindly opened fire at the larger group flanking me. No kills.Then, i saw the flash of the sniper who had been taking pot shots at me for nearly 30 minutes now. I opened fire, expending the last of my ammo. It was dark, but after the final burst, i knew i had at least stopped him from firing, hopefully incompacitating him. Just then the large group split off into 3 groups. two flanked right, two flanked left, and three went right towards me

These clearly werent your average run-of-the-mill players. But i was no greenhorn when it came to shooters. Having only 3 mags for my makarov, i fired into the group on my right, which would have forced me to move from cover out into the open. I hit no one. They were around 400 meters and closing, with the other two groups even closer. One of them had a lmg and was putting a lead curtain at head height. The only way i knew where they were was by using 3rd person mode and peeking over cover. I fired my last two mags into the group on my right, injuring both but not killing them. Were it not for it being night, i would have been dead long ago, but to my luck, it was tar black. Apparently they did either not realize or forgot that gamma and brightness all the way up can at least show you basic details of the landscape.

I was out of ammo except for the hatchet i had picked up WAAAY back in Cherno and the one frag. I just had to bide my time and wait for them to get close enough. finally, the middle group was in range. I threw as best i could, but i threw a little to high. It blew up in air. Right about head height on them. 1 more kill. But midway through, between release and explosion, i found out the sniper i thought i killed earlier was indeed still alive, and put a bullet right into my arm. I was down for the count. It was a sad ending really. I was left laying down as the remaining 6 or so bandits ran up to me. After realizing i was bleeding profusely, they took my cans out of my patrol pack, restocked ammo, tended to their wounded, and drove off. And there i was. Just counting down the seconds till death.

It gave me a moment to reflect on what an epic struggle i had endured. i was proud that, even though i died, i managed to do more harm to them, costing them a little under half of their group, and wounding 3 of their guys. I never did meet my ally again. But i do agree that it was his/her supplies that kept me going for so long. 2 minutes after the last speck of headlight had vanished, my character had finally bled his last drop of blood, and died.

~Supplice VI~

Last night I was searching for a decent server, now due to the multiplayer server list being nonexistent I had to find the IP address of the server I wanted to play on. This was no trouble and I was soon in a server. I spent a few minutes waiting for my previous character to die, once that had happened I respawned, however the server seemed to be causing me FPS issues so I switched to another one.

Chernarus

Day 0

Elektozavodsk

lo

The words popped up on the side of my screen, Elektro is one of my favourite spawns well that and Balota; Cherno and I never really got on. Now I did my usual looting, train station, fire station, general store, Café, office building and then to the power plant. I had only acquired a revolver by this point which wasn't too bad but wouldn't be much use if I met a player.

As I neared the station I heard a large amount of flies, I climbed to the top of the tower and found two bodies, one of them had practically nothing however the other had a hatchet, not much but a weapon at the least. I started to climb downstairs when I heard shots from an M series weapon, they were to my right and below me. I lay down on the first floor of the station, hatchet at the ready pointed at the stairs. I lay here for 20 minutes or so, the shots continued and I didn't move. Then I heard a voice over direct coms, it was quiet but I wasn't sure if they were far away or whispering, it said "I can see you" "Come out" "Hello? I know you're there". I continued to lay still and didn't reply. After five minutes of silence I made my way to the main floor of the station.

Nothing.

I knew someone was in the area still as the shots continued, they sounded as if they were right behind me but I paid no heed now. I ran out of the fire station and out into the wilds.

I do believe that might have been me. But i wasnt talking to you, there was a guy running around weaponless. What server were you on?

Just had to share this, as it's one of the most satisfying victories I've experienced thus far in Day Z.

Lately I've been going low-tech style: Crossbow and Lee Enfield. So I'm doing the pubs (2 story enterable loot buildings) in south Cherno, heading across the park square with the statue when someone takes a few shots at me and misses. I make it behind some sandbags. I think it's coming from the pub on the north end of the square so I toss the smoke grenade I've been saving, wait for it to fill, and then sprint around the west side of the building to try to flank. Well, as I'm coming around the building, I noob out and agro a zombie and have to hoof it. Turns out the guy wasn't in the pub, but up on top of the factory (or whatever the huge industrial building in the middle of Cherno is), where the big sign is. I'm hauling ass down the street as he snaps off more shots at me - thankfully his aim sucks balls - and I make to the street near the church and am out of his line of sight. I don't yet know exactly where he is but I'm pretty sure, so I head into the pub near the church and look up at the factory, and sure enough, he's hiding behind the first letter in whatever that word is up there. I grin and pull out my Lee Enfield as he moves around behind the letters, no doubt scanning the streets for me. I take aim and fire off two rounds, apparently missing. The guy runs back behind the first letter. I take another shot, aiming more carefully, and down he goes with a satisfying kill message.

I head up to his body. The shots sounded like an M16 to me, and I figured that's what he had and why he couldn't hit me. Nope. AS50, Rangefinder, NVG. First time I've ever had the AS50 or NVG.

I guess the moral of the story is: first learn to aim, then go camp the barracks for good loot. That's why I'll be sticking with my Crossbow and Lee Enfield when I inevitably die and lose this sweet gear :D

Medic story - "Revived"

The new private message suddenly pops out:

"Hi,are you still near NW Airfield? I was shot by a sniper, have low blood and I'm currently west of Airfield, can you help me? I have a blood bag on me, but don't have anybody for transfusion."

I'm quite relieved. Coordinates sent by my new patient appoints to the forested hill, not far from the airfield, yet far enough for the location to be considered safe. I'm on the same server with my escort - Demon, yet I have to delay our meeting a bit, as the patient is just on the way to our meeting point, and I didn't want the patient to wait for too long.

Server is low populated, yet I feel a slight disconfort, as I'm running quickly through an open field, which was still in the close proximity of the airfield.

"Friendly medic approaching, don't shoot! Friendly medic approaching, can you hear me?", I'm trying to comunicate with my patient, as I'm closing in to the forest.

No answer.

"Friendly medic approaching, can you hear me?", I try again.

Still no answer.

While running up the hill, I spot a lying survivor.

"I'm friendly medic, can you hear me?"

No answer.

I started to be a little bit nervous, yet trying to stay positive, as I quickly typed to chat window:

"I'm medic, can I help you?"

"Yes, I need a blood transfusion.", appeared on the screen.

I sigh out of relief, and started the blood transfusion.

After finishing up with the patient, I managed to meet up with Demon - my escort, who gave me antibiotics for my disease, which was however magically cured, after connecting to the server.

Since there were no new patients, I logged out.

"Hi, I'm near Grishino, I have only a three thousand blood left, can you help me?", my new patient wrote me by the steam chat.

"Yes, I can help you, can you give me your exact position?"

"I'm exactly 320m north of Grishino."

"That's not helpful", I thought.

"Can you give me exact coordinates?"

"48 59."

"That's on airfield."

"No, I'm north of Grishino."

Frustration started to pile up, as another request of the patient poped out. Devils castle. Good, thats in the right direction, yet...

"Use this map and post the coordinates again, ok? http://dayzdb.com/map#4.054.054 "

"Oh I'm on 59 48, sorry I reversed the numbers somehow."

"Now we can talk", I thought for myself, as I was logging in.

Deamon said, he was already near Grishino waiting for me, while he scouted the surroundings. As usual, we are both on skype.

"Ok, I just logged in and I'm going to your location... ah...", the words froze in my throat, as I felt the adrenaline rushing to my head.

A player.

In front of me.

He's running around, as if he didn't mind my presence.

"H-Hey, I'm medic. Friendly!", I shouted hesitantly, while my brain tried to answer thousands of questions popping in my mind.

Is he Demon - my escort? Did I misunderstand him, and he waited for me here instead? The probability of meeting a random player right here is extremely low after all.

"Can you hear me?", I tried to speak again via direct chat, while the fact, that we are both on skype didn't get throu my logic circuit at the moment.

The player suddenly turned to me, pointing his weapon at me.

At that moment, it was quite clear to me, that he's not Demon. While not knowing, if he's friendly or not, I decided to run.

"Pop-pop-pop", the bullets started flying around my head.

I instinctively turned around, shooting back at the agressor, when suddenly...

"You're dead!" - the unpopular screen appeared.

I spawned near Komarovo, and while my hands were full of cancelling the requests, Demon was able to take care of my patient in Grishino in the meantime. And he had a good news for me - he, with some of his friends was able to save my equipment somehow, and told me to meet them up in Zelenogorsk, where a car should pick me up. A car!

Right after getting near Zelenogorsk, the car engine rumbles, and I quickly got inside.

To my big surprise, Demon with his friends gathered for me not only the equipment that I lost there, but they gave me a LOT more than that. Apart from basic equipment as compass, matches, etc, they provided me with some extra medical supplies, M4 SD, NV Googles, GPS, Map and a camo cothes.

"You know, I have to tell you something.", a Demons friend, who was driving the car, broke the silence.

"We didn't know, that you were on that hill back there. There was a player, shooting at our truck from that location, and we were searching for him. When we found you, we thought you're him. So the one who shot you was us. I'm very sorry about that."

At that moment, I wasn't angry at all. ;)

Edited by Duny
  • Like 2

I think the phrase "TRUST NO-ONE!!" Has been echoed out though most of this mods life.

"You're on your own, you have to survive, you need to find food water supplies and weapons to make survival possible."

I used to be a nice guy, in many ways I wish I could be that guy again. I have found methods to survive the world we now all live in, but my trust in my fellow man has all but evaporated.

The final straw happened a few weeks back now, just north west of Elektro. I was busy hunting cattle for some meat to cook, I wasn't in any great need of food, but if there's a cow wandering about, it's best to get it while you can rather than wait till you're running low with no animals in sight. It had been three days since I had found myself in this hell but I had some decent kit by this point. With an AKM on my back and my trusty M9 grasped between two hands, if the infected could think, they'd think twice about messing with me.

Suddenly I see a group of zombies pursuing an unarmed survivor, he heads into a nearby barn, but there's nothing in there, I know, I have just been. three or four of the blood crazed monsters follow him inside, this guy needs help. I holster my side-arm, quickly grabbing my rifle from my back I head for the barn swiftly. Getting inside I make short work of the 2 on the stairs, before heading to the top of the barn where the terrified survivor is being beaten by another. I shoot it twice in the back, it goes down, but as I look at the zombies prey I see he's bleeding heavily. I bandage him up to stop his bleeding before dropping 2 pieces of cooked meat near him, telling him to eat. Two more of the bastards had wandered into the barn, BANG BANG, the hobbling undead don't do stairs well making them easy kills.

I'm thanked for my help from what I though might be a new friend or at least an ally. We talk for a while, seeing he is unarmed I take an old Makarov from my backpack and drop it on the floor with two clips. He thanks me again, telling him I must be going I move towards the door, but as I get to the floor of the barn, a shot rings out hitting me in the back, I spin round firing my AKM wildly three of my barrage of bullets hit him. My new ally soon turned into a bandit. I'm hurt but not bad, I bandage up, replenish my health and move to his corpse... "WHY!!! Why did you do that you stupid boy???"

I learnt that day that people don't want your help. They just want your stuff.

Now I wander the wastelands surviving however I can and I trust only two people, I'm one of them, you're not the other.

• Like 3

Day 4

Uk 80 ("The Bandit Zone" - its just a name, don't worry, plenty of friendlies)

Novy Sobor

Our gang of 5 (Titan, Bacon, Dave, Shifty and Adam) were heading to the far north to establish camp - but we needed supplies. Lead by the experienced trio of Dave (myself), Titan and Bacon, and bolstered by two newcomers to the zombie apocalypse, Shifty and Adam, we had thought ourselves safe. As soon as they counted 5 survivors, everyone stayed well clear.

We headed to what we thought was the town of Guglovo - a low-traffic, safe-ish area. We needed basic supplies - food and water so we decided to quickly check in on a high value (red-roofed) barn in the near distance. Get in, check the loot, grab what we need and make a quick exit to the treeline. Simple.

Except it wasn't. As soon as we had a clear view of the area, it was clear zombies had already moved in from neighbouring settlements. Only one thing makes them do that: the smell of flesh.

We proceeded with caution, watched the area for 2 minutes as we moved closer in the treeline, and saw no movement. Maybe these people had left already on the way to Stary Sobor. Titan and I, holding assualt rifles ready to fire, took point and stormed the barn.

Our fears were realised: Two "survivors" on one of the hay shelves.

Before I could encourage parlay, Titan shot one down out of instinct.

His friend turns and goes prone, Winchester aimed square at me, and we both fire - determined eyes meeting through the view of iron sights.

I have an AKM. I win. A three-round burst to the face does horrors to ones complexion. He hits me though, and I'm badly hurt.

Titan's kill bleeds out. The barn is secure, we call in our friends. We heal up. I have +1 murder, Titan has +1 bandits killed. We shouldn't stay long, that exchange of fire'll no doubt have attracted attention of all sorts.

Hang on... somethings not right... how does a guy with only a Lee Enfield get bandit status before-

*BANG*

"Titan's down!"

".50 cal shot, far treeline!"

"Get into the sides!"

Too late. We caught someone's attention alright. It seems our bandit recruits had friends. Well equipped sniper friends. Titan was shot on the stairs. The remaining four of us take cover in the rafters, Bacon, Adam and Shifty almost panicking. I do what any good soldier does in a stressfull situation does: take goddamed command. I order (i'd love to say ask, but I get serious under fire, you don't really have time for 'please') Adam to cover the opposite door, while I take the other.

We start to formulate a plan- we can reach Titan's body without breaking cover, so we regain his equipment. Bacon clutches his precious .50 cal sniper, afraid to loose it. Adam and me aim our rifles at the doors, fingers around the triggers, just waiting for any sign of a player. Shifty tells us he's found food.

We wait

and wait

Nothing yet - and several minutes have passed. Did he see all of us? He knows I'm in here for sure - but did he see everyone? We play the waiting game. Everyone afraid to move. Bacon suggests Alt-f4ing - I tell him to man the fuck up and think.

A distraction! thats it! Someone has to run out and draw the sniper's fire, locating him, allowing Bacon to counter-snipe. I volunteer, relishing the experience and, although I do love the AKM, not attached to my gear. I'm probably going to die, but maybe, just maybe, we could get lucky. I give the order, they agree, and I sprint down the stairs and around the outside of the barn in an erratic fashion.

He's watching me, I know he is, he just can't get a good shot...

I run up the road towards the settlement proper

*BANG*

He missed! It worked I'm still alive, I can see where he is, now back to th-

*BANG*

-You are dead-

bollocks. (Author's note: from here on out is what I could gather over voice comms)

"We see him... *bang* got him!"

"Woohoo!"

They did it! My team did it! I don't remember who killed him, but the threat was neutralised. They make a run for my body to get the useful gear.

*BANG*

"Oh shit, another one!"

"Back inside, go!"

That was M14 fire, apparently. The other three return to cowering in the barn. And someone knows there are three people there.

Liquidator. If you're out there, this was a bloody good fight.

Bacon says he can see the nametag, somewhere in the bushes, but can't shoot through the barn window. Titan and I act as advisors over voice comms, seeing as we're both KIA. We devise a plan. The team has a smoke grenade. And a newbie.

Gentlemen, another distraction is in order. (and this was my plan, just saying)

"You guys will only get one shot at this, understand? It has to go JUST right"

"Yeah yeah... okay... go over it one more time"

"Bacon: you throw the smoke out the door thats near enough facing the sniper. Adam, give it 3 seconds to build up, then run around the barn - there is a shed on the far side you can use as solid cover. While your doing that, Bacon, lean around the solid corner of the barn, find him and kill him. You'll only have about 3 seconds, and one shot max before he spots you as well and shifts fire, or retreats."

"I dunno about this guys..." (Bacon was doubting himself, we tell him to pull it together)

"Okay, ready? GO, GO, GO!"

"Smoke out!"

"Wait for it..."

"Adam, MOVE!"

"Bacon, get in position!"

...*hisssss*......

*BANG*

"He's fallen for it, he's shooting at me!"

"Get into cover, Adam!"

"I can see the nametag!...I can see him! Under the bush, I -"

"Shut up and TAKE THE SHOT!"

*BOOM*

-Liquidator was killed-

We did it. I don't know if they were a clan or even one group, but we won, considering it was 2 deaths to 4. You guys were smart to have 2 snipers cover you, but we had more men, quicker trigger fingers, and most importantly, a crazy Ukranian with a sniper rifle ;) . If it gives you any satisfaction, Liquidator, you were the centre of 5 people's worlds for two minutes, and I was the grand architect of your death. Sorry about loosing that ghillie suit. Your buddie's .50 cal was given to Adam. He lost it at Balota airfield attempting a rescue. It was never fired again.

I don't remember the names of the others... I think one was called Robert. My in-game name was actually William at the time.

It was just after that I checked and saw there was no barn, nor any pond, in Guglovo. Apparently Novy Sobor, and my navigation skills, are dangerous after all...

• Like 4

Ah, finally found where I can share. I feel silly for not seeing this sooner. -shames self-

So, I am not one who usually plays games of this style. I love zombie games and the like, but I never play for too long at a time. I just usually don't care for games that involve guns, I am a horrid shot at times. But one Thortimer has insisted I play with him, and I cannot resist trying. Once my damn 'W' finger heals, I think I will really be getting into this awesome shit. :D

Day 1

My first time entering the game, I look around confused. I have no clue what anything is, where anything is, where I even am. As I look, i see a figure coming towards me. Thinking it is Thortimer, I wait for the person. Then that telltale, hungry snarl filled my ears. I started to run, but not quick enough, I was already bleeding. I ran and ran, watching my blood pour out, watching my numbers and listening to the heavy panting as my character runs. The snarls grow louder behind me, at least three of them now. I run as hard as I can, finally seeing a looming building in the distance, the big garage doors open. I turn for the building, enter it, and have two seconds to decide where to go. Seeing stairs, I run up them, climbing up onto a catwalk which leads to one single room. I drop to the ground instantly, and my Assassin's Creed instincts take over, crawling into the room. To my surprise... a hatchet. My bleeding has finally stopped, but my blood level is hovering around 3500, the screen grayed and even creepier as I watched the zombies below try to find me. One wandered up the stairs.. only to end up going back down. After a few minutes, I went into a crouch, slowly moving out of my room. The garage is empty now so I creep back down the stairs, crawling along the ground through the rest of the building, praying for something that will help me. Nothing except jerry cans and car parts. So I leave the building, once I am clear of the surrounding zombies, I stand, and begin to run once more.

Finally, I come across a small grouping of buildings. Seeing all of the Zeds in the area, I drop onto my stomach, beginning to creep forward, stealth mode activated. I have no problem moving slow and taking my time as I creep through the buildings, trying to find something... anything... nothing. Slowly I creep around the back of the buildings, standing once I clear the zombies. Time to run again.

Running, running, running, so much running. And then in my ears. "I think I see you." Finally, Thortimer and I meet on the railroad tracks, outside of a big factory. We begin to explore together, my blood still dangerously low. He has an infection. There are medical supplies... nowhere. Then a zombie saw us, it's snarl filled the air. Thortimer, weaponless, began to run. Thinking there was only one, I stood my ground with my hatchet. After learning about reloading, I hack away. The zombie falls. More snarls and suddenly, I am surrounded by the bastards. One hit me and once again, I was bleeding. My blood started to pour out and I went 'fuck it.' Badass assassin mode turns on and I begin darting around the zombies, leading them in circles, cutting at them with my hatchet each time one gets close. Soon, I stand panting, twelve zombies dead around me, bandaging myself just in time... 1105 blood left now.

Thortimer and I run again. I can barely make out anything, everything is so grayed and blurred. We move into the city, him following my lead as I analyze the area, creeping around and leading him through buildings around zombies. We make it through the town without any zeds seeing us. Finding a grocery store, I go over, hoping for supplies and somewhere safe. Thortimer went off until he finally found a blood bag, and in the back room of a Grocery Store, we transfused each other. (hah, that sounds kinky.) And that was my first day.

Fucking love this game. XD

• Like 2

A few minutes ago:

I spawned in Kamenka so after scouting the surroundings to get some basic supplies (Food and drink) I headed towards Komarovo, there I got and axe to defend myself and I thought that I should go to Balota Airfield, bad luck, there was nothing there, nothing I could use. My reaction is "Well, fuck, I'm gonna have to go to Chernogorsk"

So there I am, on my way to the main nest of bandits and snipers on Chernarus, just as I see the first points of interest gunshots fill the air, I ran towards the nearest house and change my main weapon to a Lee Enfield (My favourite weapon) after a failed attempt to get to the fire station and being forced to shoot every bullet in the magazine (My only magazine) but one bullet, I run towards the a house and loose the zeds there.

"Okay, right now every friggin bandit is headed this way, better get the damn food and get out of here" easier said than done, as I arrive to the supermarket I see two survivors coming out of it but I can't stop, zeds are closing in and I'll have to fight again so I run towards the market yelling "Friendly". The two guys are just outside the backdoor and I'm running towards them, when they look at me I don't stop, I just run inside the building and I hear how they try to shoot me but are too slow "Oh fucking hell, putos bandits de mierda" I think while I'm running to the front part of the building and I hide behind some shelves (I think that's how you call them) "With some luck they'll leave me alone"

Bad luck, I hear them crouch-running towards my position, they hide behind the balls near the door, one is holding and anxe and switches to a pistol, not sure which... The other is holding a Lee Enfield but also changes to his pistol.

"Okay, one bullet... They don't know that, I only need to kill one and scare the other so I can get one of the pistols..." I move without making noise so I can get a clear shot, just as one of them walks through the door *BAM* dead. I yell "You better run or I'll finish you off too, fucking bandit" I hear him get near the door, he's breathing but I can get the pistol from his buddie without problem.

Now I have a Makarov with five bullets against him, I can't go through the door but I'm sure he'll be waiting to his friend to come back "Okay, time to hunt the hunter" I exit the market through the main door and prone past the zeds towards the backdoor that are still closed, I aim with the makarov and open the door that points towards where I suppose the bandit is and... There he is, aiming where I was *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG* I unload the whole clip on his body and laugh

"Oh my FUCKING God, I did it! I fucking did it!" filled with joy and adrenaline I loot their corpses and run away

So i just follow a road i mostly follow to some nice barns

on street i see a guy whit an axe lying on the ground so i say hello

soon i notice he is a friendly guy and he sadly broke his legs and was looking for a friend ,he said he would meet him near a town

i was oke cya later man o yea and btw that city your looking for, its THAT way

lol we were laughting like 3 mins there thill we moved on xD then he slowly went lying to that place xD hehe my first time meeting someone who dident killed me xD

Disclaimer: This was all written in one go as I'm waiting for the sun to set before I start moving again. English is not my first language, apologies for possible typoes. The following is written in a kind of RP -mode as an experiment, because I have not done anything like this before. I assure you though that the events are real and it has been a blast so far.

**EDIT: AND I JUST REALIZED IT'S FRICKEN' LONG!**

I am Mikael, originally born on the isle of Chernarus, in a small town called Vybor. Later in life I moved to the mainland, where I have worked as a police officer for the past 7 years. If you are reading this, you have either found it on my dead bod or you have found one of the several copies I have made and scattered around the island.

How did I end up back in Chernarus?

My home town in the mainland was quickly overrun as those who did not get eaten by the zombies turned on each other in a widespread panic, grasping for chances at survival. There were a few of us who stayed in the line of duty as long as we could to help people evacuate the city, but eventually we had to face the fact that the longer we lingered, the more we risked our own families to the perils of the outbreak. You see, I have a wife and and a small boy, Nemi and Kaspar.

I made a plan with a few of my colleagues. We would board one of the larger fishing ships and head out to Chernarus, because not only was it possible that the outbreak had not hit the isolated island, but I also remembered from my boyhood years that it had a formidable military presence due to it's strategic importance in national defence. The plan was solid and we would have made it if not for our own inexperience in navigation. The weather was rough, but nothing the boat couldn't have handled. We strayed off course and hit shallow waters. All I can remember is trying to calm my son down in one of the cabins, when cold water suddenly flooded and boat was torn into pieces.

DAY 1

I woke up on a beach the next day, unharmed. I ran along the beach for what felt like hours without finding anything - not even pieces of the sunken ship. I ran till I was exhausted both mentally and physically, when I suddenly saw two familiar looking factory chimneys ahead and thought it must be Chernogorsk, a larger city by the sea where I had visited a few times as a boy. When I got closer I was sure it was Chernogorsk and at the same time I knew for the first time, that I had in fact reached Chernarus. The island has a long beachline and my wife and son could very well have gotten to the island as well!

As I made my way into the city it became clear that we were wrong to think that the outbreak wouldn't have reached the island. There were Z's walking on the streets of chernarus and no signs of living people anywhere. I was overcome with grief as I realized that there was very little chance my family could stay alive for long if they had been washed ashore on Chernarus. I quickly made a short plan of action. I would scavenge whatever I could find from the city and make my way towards inland, where I might still find an operational military base and try to mount a search and rescue operation for those who were on the ship.

I went around Chernarus from the north, scouting for opportune buildings for scavenging. I made my way to the apartment buildings next to the hospital as I was wishing someone might be held up there, but all I found was Zeds walking around. I found some basic supplies from the first apartment building, including an old Lee Enfield rifle, although I didn't see much use for it at that time as it seemed more like a dinner bell for the Z's.

I was just about to leave the building as I heard a car driving down the road at a high speed. I quickly ran back to one of the apartments in the top floor to see what was happening outside. There was a white pickup van driving by the apartment buildings! I felt a flicker of hope as I knew it could even be someone from the ship who had found a car! I was just about to shout outto the car from one of the balconies when suddenly a violent series of assault rifle shots exploded through the air. Someone was shooting at the car! Time stopped. For what felt like an eternity, I saw the driver of the car panic. I also saw the shooter, a single man on the roof of a neighbouring apartment building. All I could think about was the chance that my family could be in that car! So I took aim - and I fired.

Madness had come to Chernarus as surely as it had come to the mainland.I had killed the man in one shot and now I felt like a part of that madness. The car had driven off at a high speed and I had been left alone in the bedroom of that deserted apartment, grieving for the choise I felt I had had to make. I felt I should atleast go over to the dead mans body and see who I had killed, so I could say a silent prayer for him. I felt like a thief and a murderer as I ransacked through the dead man's Alice pack and took the AKM assault rifle along with all his other wordly possessions from the grasp of his dead hands. Mind full of dark thoughts I fled to the forest north of chernarus.

I ran like a man chased by demons, only to stop at remote barns and villages to find food and other supplies. I knew I could make it to the military airfield northeast of Vybor before sundown if I kept moving. It was my best bet for finding civilization, because I remembered from my boyhood years it was heavily fortified with walls and watchtowers. It was almost sundown when I saw the walls of the airfield and I could clearly see they had been breached. I Picked up my pace and entered the compound, quickly finding what seemed like a cluster of barracks, surrounded my military personnel who had fallen victim to the outbreak. I suddenly realized how alone I was.

There was no help. There was no civilization. Chernarus had fallen to the outbreak and it was just another hell on earth. It would be up to me to find my family and comrades, if they were even alive...

DAY 2

I made camp close to the airfield walls, although I did not feel rested at all when the sun came up. As the sheer impossibility of what I was facing was too much for me, I decided I would have to set small goals for myself if I was ever going to find the others. I had plenty of supplies and I was reasonably well armed, so I decided I would scout around the airfield and see if I could find other survivors or a vehicle to aid me in my search. I did not run for long along the airfield wall when I saw a red tractor in the forest. Without thinking about it too much, I unloaded my backpack into the tractor and started driving with the intention of going around the airfield from the north and proceeding to the eastern coast to do a sweep of the coastline to find the others.

I had not driven for long when I started hearing sounds like bullets clipping the tractor. I couldn't hear any shots, but the damn tractor was so lound, how could I have! So I drove to the nearest treeline, parked the tractor between some pine trees, hopped out and hid. I waited, but heard nothing. After a few minutes I was finally able to ease my nerves and I took out my map to figure out where I was located. I only looked at the map for a few seconds, but as soon as I lowered it from my hands I could see from my hiding place that a man was next to the tractor and he was looking through my supplies, shouldering a large M107 sniper rifle. I paniced. That tractor was my last hope of finding my family and I was sure this was the same man who had tried to gun me down earlier, so I said my prayers and gunned him down.

I felt like I had become what I have fought against my whole life. Despite my frail thoughts of justification, I still felt like a murderer. I felt so sick that I could not even remember the faces of my friends and family. There was no consolation. I drove the tractor deeper to the woods and set up camp and clear my head. On the way there I realized that the sounds I heard before came from the tractor. I had not been shot at.

DAY 3

The tractor was gone. I had slept far away from the tractor to avoid the attention it might get and woke up to find someone had taken it. I found I didn't care anymore. My hands were dirty. How could I ever face my family again even if they were alive? How much can a man do to another man in the name of survival? I had none of the answers. I had no plan.

I was aware of my deteriorating mental state and I thought it best that I would hike back south along the eastern forestline to Vybor. Maybe my old home town could cure my scars. Maybe someone I once knew would be alive there.

There was a deep valley ahead and I knew that after the incline on the other side I should be able to see Lopatino from the forestline. After the climb I hunched down to catch my breath and when I looked up I could see the tractor in front of me with the silhuette of distant Lopatino behind it. Whoever had stolen the tractor had driven it this far until it had run out of fuel, so I grabbed a couple of empty jerry cans from the back and decided to go along the forestline to Vybor, get some gas and then make a plan on sweeping the coastline with the tractor.

I didn't get far when I saw a tent in the forest, with no-one around. A quick check through the tent showed a silenced M4. At this point I no longer had any moral quarrels regarding theft. The owner of the tent could be dead for all I knew, so I promtly rearmed myself and put all my other guns in the tractor. The silenced M4 proved very useful as I quickly stormed the gas station in Vybor. There was no-one alive in Vybor, although some of the Zeds looked distantly familiar. I shut those thoughts out of my head and put them to eternal rest. I also cleaned up my old home from Zeds and scavenged some paper so I could write this journal and copy it.

Once I had the tractor refueled, I decided I would head south through the forest and go along the coastline once I hit it.

Day 4

I didn't make it to the coast before nightfall so I made camp and slept far from the tractor again. I woke up to a firefight in the night. It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything - how the hell could those people see what they were doing? I packed my things in a panic and fled on foot until I was far enough to not hear any shots again. *later addition: I never went back for the tractor. I was too afraid! It might still be out there because the firefight was so far away.

The next day I came to the conclusion that the military must have nightvision gear that enabled those people to function during the night. As I was moving alone I thought it would be a critical tool for me as then I could move in the cover of darkness without fearing other survivors as much. A couple of days earlier I had run past Stary Sobor and seen some crashed helicopters in the fields, so I thought it would be the logical place to look for night vision goggles. That, and the bad memories from before, kept me from going back to the airfield.

I hiked through dozens of forests, keeping my head down and trying to survive. At this point I had not seen another survivor in ages, but I didn't see a way I could trust anyone either. I had the best tools I could wish for in terms of tools and firepower, thus most people would be trying to gun me down, like that man on top of the apartment building in Chernarus...

At sundown I finally saw Stary Sobor in the horizon. I was approaching the town from the south, but it was getting too dark to look for anything. I thought I would set up camp in the forest southwest of Stary Sobor, when I practically ran into a crashed helicopter when crossing a small open field. I silently cleared out the reanimated pilots wandering around it and was able to secure some camo clothing for myself as well as a DMR.

I proceeded sneaking into the forest southwest of Stary Sobor and spent my night there.

Day 5

I heard no noises last night. Everything seems so silent and... so dead. This journal is the only thing keeping me sane during the hours of waiting when I cannot sleep. In a way it is like the crafts that soldiers do on the front to keep themselves busy.

I had just managed to pack up my camping gear when a rapid series of shots echoed from Stary Sobor. I tried scouting the town with my binoculars and DMR scope, but I saw no-one except Zs trotting on the streets. I wanted nothing to do with whoever was shooting so I quickly started making my way east around Stary Sobor through the forests south of it. Every now and then I would hear more shots and I would try to see what was happening with my binoculars, but there was nothing but the dead walking the streets.

When I had gone past Pop Ivan, I headed north towards Stary Sobor. I still heard shots coming from the town and I wanted to get eyes on whoever was shooting there and make sure I would not run into them. For a time it was silent and I made my way to the treeline. Then suddenly I heads shots ripping through the air extremely close to me. Whoever it was, was not shooting at me, but was running directly from Stary Sobor towards me and shooting Zeds while retreating. I frantically got into position and took out my DMR to see what was happening. At first glance the town was full of dead Zeds. There must have been over 20 of them at the barn doors, next to the military tents!

When looking back, what happened next is only a blur in my mind. I kept scanning through my scope and suddenly saw a survivor 50 meters away, running in the open field straight towards me with Zeds tailing him. I instantly dropped my DMR and clutched on tightly to my assault rifle. I could see the man was firing at the zeds with a large light machine gun and I was silently hoping he would change direction at some pointand run past me.

It was not meant to happen. There were alot of shots fired and then the world got quiet. I thought he had passed me as I lay still in the bushes when I suddenly heard the sound of a can being opened from the other side of the bush. I was close enough to the man to have taken items from his backpack! I felt my heart race as I was sure the man would soon notice me, as we were close enough to each other to hear the other man breathing. I tried to make a decision in that split second. Could I talk him down? Could I get o....? My thought was cut short as suddenly the man spun around and laid fire blindly through the bush. There were literally tens of bullets in the air. I rolled to the right as I heard the first shots and got on my knees. I saw his head through my scope. I squeezed the trigger in a panic, firing one shot followed by time stopping for a split second. I had left the fire selector on semiautomatic. I didn't have time to adjust it now so I started pulling the trigger again and again until the man went down as at the same time he was ripping through the bush left of me, literally ripping out all of the leaves of the bush with his bullets.

I had once again bloodies my hands, although the man had fired first and as if by some divine intervention, I had not even been grazed.

Day 6

I am finding it harder and harder to remember what is at stake for me. My family. My friends. Where are they? I have seen so much blood during these last days that everything seems surreal. I found a crashed helicopter and I am now literally armed to the teeth, but what good does that do for my family? Every second their chances of survival diminish and every day I spend alone on my mission eats away at my humanity. Is there no-one out there who I can trust and can trust me enough to help me in my search?

If you are reading this and are like me, leave a message at the hill of Veresnik and light a torch on top of the hill during midnight as a signal. This will be our way of communicating with each other without having to see face to face.

Edited by Armas
  • Like 6

So i am wandering around unarmed but with some beans and a starting to get used to day z finally.I see someone walk up to a ridge in front of me with an enfield so i head to them and sneak up behind them.Quickly mentioning saying "friendly and unarmed" the poor guy kinda shits himself while saying "where are you". I say "behind you" in an act of trust or craziness i sit next to him and let him look at me.

He looks at me and trusts that if i was a bandit he would be lying on the floor while i loot him.So i ask if i can tag along he says "sure" and i shadow him i mention i am unarmed but he is still happy i tag along.We finally walk into a shed with a hatchet and he trusts me too pick it up while not chopping him up a true survior after my own heart.

After hitting a few places and loading up with supplies we sneak across the bottom of the military air port suddenly my friend gets his head sniped off and within an instant i take a shot to the shoulder putting me down.The knock out hour glass turns up and i am sure i am as good as i dead.

I watch the bandit walk up and shoot my new found friend in the head just to make sure that alerts an infected who he easily puts down.This happens as i lay on the floor watching he starts to loot the guy i met as i regain conscious.I start to crawl away hoping the bandit does not see me but he has his head to deep in the guys inventory to notice me.

As much as it sounds i am not that stupid so i slowly climp to my feet griping my axe with blood covered hands and quiet sneak behind the bandit who is still looting the dead guy.Suddenly he feels the heavy axe cave in the back of his skull he panics trying to drop the inventory as another axe swing slams into him.

He fires a few rounds into the ground in a mixture of fear and total confusion as the last words he hears is "do not forget to double tap bitch" and the airfield goes quiet again.

I then looted both of them and now have lots of goodies :D there is a lesson some where in that mess learn it

Edited by Spygon
  • Like 2

Okay... So I was in Elektro looking for some loot when I run into my first Ak47 (Oh boy) on the top stairs of a building. Of coarse I run up there a grab it along with some ammunition that was with it on the left. As I made my way down the stairs my guy glitched the fuck out, went through the wall, fell down, and broke his legs. Only soon after to mauled by 13 zombies....

Two things happened today.

The first was me and a friend logged on to do some scouting out for when the rest of our friends were on. On the way to our target we found an abandoned bus in a small settlement. After some heavy zombie dodging we were able to determine that all we needed was one tire to get it working again. After dodging more zombies we said forget it and moved on with our lives. We came upon the target town which we had never seen before, being fairly new to DayZ. On one hill we could see the church but apparently this was the one town you couldn't go inside the church from. We decided that we would head back to our safe house as good loot always spawn during our expeditions. But before we can head back I see a building that I naively thought was an odd looking barracks. I point it out to my friend and we head over to investigate.

We reached the barracks and figured out it was some sort of farm building. Go figure. But across the street there was an industrial shed and a barn which we decided to quickly check before we left the area. In the barn we found a crossbow, which I used to dispatch some zombies around before dropping both it and my rifle in favor of the silent hatchet. In the industrial shed we found... both tires and engine parts. More than what we needed to repair the amply fueled bus we had left two minutes back down the road. But by now there are dozens of zombies swarming all over us. The rest of the server must have been a ghost town because i'd never seen so many zombies in one spot. I went for the engine parts as he grabbed the tires. I heard shots ring out and I thought it was my friend. My friend asked if it had been me that shot but the question hovered on the edge of my brain and I never gave it any thought. Then suddenly i'm shot. Falling to the ground as eighty zombies swarm around us. One lone man being assaulted by zeds from every side, bleeding profusely, had decided to shoot me instead of his attackers. My friend shot him twice before he too was killed. I'm still trying to figure out what motivated him to march into a teeming mass of infected just to shoot two players and then die.

The other thing that happened consisted of me respawning in elektro, discovering that pretty much every building was the site of a last stand, with dozens of corpses trailing up to a survivor's body. If the zombies still weren't over their fresh kills i'd imagine the loot would've been great.

So there I was, running around at midnight with a hatchet. Killing any zombie that come in my way and looting any outhouse I came across. I was working my way up the, killing zombies as I went who didn't have a clue I was there, when all the sudden I hear and engine start right in front of me. Before I know it a car, just 5 feet away comes screeching forward and sends me hurling backwards. Dead.

So quick story, because I'm pissed as fuck.

Flip over an ATV on the coast of Berezino. Glitchy bullshit that flips it. Get parts for other ATV. Fix it. Run down to coast to flip the other one. Glitchy POS flips as well right in front of the other one. Run to get our Ural Civilian from our camp that is fucking 30 minutes away by foot. Ural Civilian is taken and tent flattened.

Whoever did that shit, fuck you.

Edited by Guitar