Played this over a month now, quite a few hours every day.. Got my first Ghillie suit that doesnt kill me as soon as I wear it.. got cz and start my sniping procedure, first kill has.. A NVG!! my first.. as well as my first GPS and some three letter high end sniping gun(my first other than cz).. Im over the moon.. soon I start having problems that seem server related so log off and go to another. Wait a while and nothing seems to be happening in Pusta and I start proning around(Im not taking any chances with all this gear that Im burning to try). Before I reach next building theres all of a sudden someone else in a ghillie suit right behind me, standing, probably logged in, well I dont ask questions when I have a gun in my hand and start shooting.. well theres blood coming out of the guy when runs away but doesnt die, I start running into opposite direction and start getting shots, go behind next corner, bandage.. only option is to run to bushes which I do and pretty quickly Im dead........ fffffffsssssssss NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well after a minute of dwelling in rage I decide to try my luck and spawn and go search my dead body.. I do find my dead body, and.. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is still there, and I get it all, except for the Ghillie suit that just is there to be seen but not in inventory.. I quickly log off to not meet those people again and change server.. when I get there, Im at the same place but have n-o-t-h-i-n-g. I- HAVE N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Go back to previous server, body still there, but none of the gear is to be found.

mmmphfffssssshhhgrrrrrr

• Like 1

WARNING: The following story contains strong language and bromosexuality.

So Unbound (a friend of one of my bros and a new addition to our growing Day Z crew) and I are just messing about after today's run--we headed over to Balota to check out the ATC tower and the hangars, all of which yielded nothing of great substance. Afterward, we cut our way through the forest and a few open fields to the Northwestern treeline near Chernogorsk. We set out to hit up the military hospital to stock up on weapons, blood bags, and morphine. We made our way through the center of town, confident of our advantage with our NVGs when it happened...

Right as we cut across a gate nearing the side entrance to the military hospital, I saw something in the corner of my eye. I immediately stopped in place. My palms moistened.

"Do you fucking see that?"

"No.. what are you--oh my God."

"Do you fucking see what I'm fucking seeing right now?"

"Can you see what parts it needs?"

I slowly approached the motorcycle, apprehensive and in awe. I flicked my mouse wheel up.

"None."

Turn on.

The engine screamed to life like a high school whore experiencing her first orgasm. I quickly shut it back off and removed myself from the cycle. I needed a moment to think.

"Go, the tents are just past that gate!"

We scurried over to the tents in what seemed like deafening silence. I could hear my heart thumping as if it were in my headphones. Unbound approached the next to last tent and described its contents. I rushed over to the last tent and found both an AK-74 Kobra and an AKM, both with a few mags lying beside them.

"Guns! The Kobra is mine. Take the AKM. Go back to the medical tents and fill your pack with blood bags, morphine, and some pain killers if you have the space." We dropped our previous weapons, mine an Enfield, his an 1866 and moved back to the other tents.

The contents of the medical boxes were sparse, but we gathered what few, vital supplies we could and crept our way back to the bike.

"See if you can get on it as the passenger first without turning it on. I'll mark a way-point for us. I'll be honest..." I had read from multiple sources--the Day Z wiki, DayZDB, and forum posts--that bikes and ATVs rolled over quite easily.

"We're either going to make it back to base tonight, or we're going to die."

Unbound seated himself first. I conjured up the strength of raging fires, swiftness of coursing rivers, force of great typhoons, and most importantly... the mystery of the dark side of the moon. The motorcycle was a drowned man, brought back to life. At first it gasped--then it roared. The zeds in our immediate vicinity did the same.

We sped off back to our base, reaching tear jerking speeds on the main road. We cut through brush, open fields, and deep woods in a bee-line to our camp in the dark. I left the lights off as the shadow of night was our only ally. Our NVGs would carry us home, but would that be enough? The engine was loud in my headphones. Unbound talked and all I could say was, "yeah, man." I couldn't hear his voice over the violent grumble of the bike. I could tell he was holding on for dear life, praying that somehow we'd make it back safely.

And we did.

We were high on the thrill of what had just happened. A simple supply run turned into a joy ride with Benny and Clyde. In a place devastated by death and violence, pleasures still existed. Once we secured the bike, it was time to log off. Our minds and bodies were exhausted from fighting and traveling.

"Good run, bro."

Good run.

Edited by xxPho3nixx
  • Like 2

I know this isn't quite the right place, But anyhow

Would anyone be willing to come and save me from the west side of kamenka?

Recently was playing on NL4, Killed a hacker and stole his gear on the northern hill from elektro.

I guess he got pissed about it, so he spawns everyone on the server (about 1 km west from kamenka) and starts driving them over with a bus

Unfortunately I panic alt f4:ed and now Im stuck there with a broken leg no morphine, no respawn button and the nearest zombies are over a kilometer away.

Ps. I still have some gear left and I dont want to lose my DMR

The LU 192 Massacre

So I was just starting and spawned in Elektro, I went to one of the multi-floor buildings and I started getting d/c problems. The game crashed, and I restarted, with nothing but newbie items in LU 192. Now the building I was in is a high spawn area, but it was empty, so I thought "Ok some was here", then I heard flies and thought "OK someone was busy here".

Sure enough I found the body. It was mostly looted, but a few small items were left - good enough for me, now I must get away from here!

I went down to the ground floor, but strangely the fly's noise did not get weaker, but actually louder...weird...I went into one of the rooms and BOOM! 2 dead bodies. looted them, got a crossbow, but no ammo, AND RAN LIKE A MAD MAN AWAY FROM THE CITY.

On my way out I passed near a fire station, and I went inside. as I climbed the tower I see a dead player on the roof out side. knowing the killer is looking at key building like the fire station, I act with caution, and loot the body, this one the bandit had yet to loot and I get a ton of good stuff, including an ALICE pack.

Going even more up I find two dead bodies inside the tower, they had weapons and items all over them. I get a real gun and a pistol and start getting out of the station. at this point I have 10k blood.

At the moment I step out I get shot and start bleeding. Don't know from where. Don't know with what, but I make a run for it. I start zig zagging in the open field on the way to the forest, he shoots and I zig zag. On the way I see one more body, but that one I can't loot because I'm under fire.

I go behind a fence of a little house half way to the forest, try not to agro the zombie there and bandage my self. I have 8k blood. I continue to run and he trys to shoot some more, this time he doesn't even hit close. At one point I start hearing the shots going to another direction. 3 shots and a death message of another player is shown on my screen. I am in the forest.

In total I can confirm 8 kills he probably caused. I am the survivor of the LU 192 massacre. I entered it with newbie equipment, and 10 min - 15 min later, left with mid level equipment and an inventory full of food and drinks.

Edited by yurisho
  • Like 2

Today was funny. I met this newly spawned player (I was as well thanks to some bugs) and I had no weaponry. He had a Lee Enfield and he didn't respond to my call. It was stupid of me to follow him, but I didn't know he had ammo in the gun. So we walked up this road near the coast and we found a house with zeds around it. He suddenly runs in and then shoots his Enfield. Big mistake. Suddenly he gets surrounded by 15 zeds and he dies. I wait there for the zeds to finish dinner and crouch over and loot his body. Then my friend comes round takes over, and shoots the gun I ended up the like the other player. So now i'm on the coast travelling to Cherno or Elektro to get some gear, yay!

Newbie still figuring things out. My 5th or so spawn I start just west of Komarovo. Immediately go prone, switch to 3rd person and toggle to walk as default. Crawl forward and take a look around. First thing I see off to my right towards town is a player riding a bicycle kiting a handful of zeds. He just rides around with them chasing him. I make my way north into the trees and turn and watch and he just lazily cycles about the town agroing zombies and kiting them about. Silly perhaps but it was kinda cool...

My week.

Monday:Finally get a chopper. Pilot d/c's and we plummet. 2 gunners managed to d/c before dying. Pilot loses his licence as we bitch at his NZ net. Hours later after a restart i get the chopper and fly back to base at night with no map (didnt realise it comes with built in GPS)

Tuesday: Log in to find our base which has been undiscovered for 2 weeks (many vehicles) has been busted, only thing taken is the chopper. Everything else is exploded. suspect hacker.

drive whats left of our supplies on a 1 way trip south. We got ambushed trying to scavenge more chopper parts and lost 1 guy, kept the vehicles though. swapped servers looking for a chopper and got one fixed. sweet. Flew around for 20 mins but the server kept crashing, Probably was being caused by the chopper. decided to let a fresh spawn dude test the eject function... happened to be over trees at the time. Parachute works fine but when the server died 10 mins later the chopper reset to its last save position in the trees and explodes every server restart.

Wed. Get another chopper, park it on a 1 degree slope while looting someones base... it rolls into some trees. managed to get it airborne but over compensated and crashed nearby in a clearing. Recovered after reset and flew off map to save. As i was landing i got "kicked from server" for no reason. chopper doesnt spawn at either location... noticed it flying around in electro a couple of hours later. suspect hacker again. open fire on chopper and wing it, whole server gets bombed. Def hacker.

Thursday: Mate finds a chopper on another server, i log on and start running along the beach, see a dude looting a huge crate of guns/ammo. run up to him tell him "you really shouldnt hack" and spam him in the face with my SAW. get to island, fix chopper and as we are taking off i get shot. Not the chopper as my mate was fine but just me. Suspect hacker again. get back to body and find G36 rounds on it.... yup.

Choppers not only lag the shit outa servers and make them crash but are almost impossible to keep. Being only 1 on each server is just too tempting for the MANY hackers that rape this game. I've spent HOURS trying to get them and only had them for minutes. only crashed once and that was trying to take off when the rotor blades were touching a tree. was pretty funny though, what do you think happens when you hold a choppers blades still? the body spins instead. Trying to take off while spinning around trees is difficult.

I was playing for a while and found myself a nice pistol and a shotgun in Cherno. Then i climbled up top on the City hall where i logged of afterwards. Because it was starting to get dark on the previous server i decided to log into an other server where i got instantly killed after logging in.

Then i respawned back in cherno. When i entered a building i suddenly heard something that sounded like a chopper. I wasn't sure because it was my first encounter with one. I hear the chopper getting closer and closer and i notice i have nothing to defend myself with. Because of my curiosity i try to find out where the chopper is, but 5 seconds later i hear a huge explosion. I run out of the building and start investigating. Suddenly i notice a big smoky fire on top of the building on the right of the city hall. I decide to approach it from the north east. In the meantime i aggro loads of zombies and i had to run trough some building to make sure they lost me. The a few seconds later i am about 50 meters away from the crashside, i can see the helicopter burning in one of the "gardens surounded by some walls". I decide to lay myself on the ground while hearing a lot of gunshots, it looks as if there is a firefight going down, one in which i don't want to involve myself seeing as i have no weapons. Then all of a sudden someone comes running from behind the wall straight at me. He is wearing a military suit and at this moment i am sure that these would be my last seconds before i would get the "you are killed" message. Surprisingly he stops at where i am laid down and he starts to drop the most rare weapon i had ever seen followed up by a huge ammount of ammunition for all kinds of rare weapons. I figgure he wants me to take it probably because he might think he is about to die. So i pick it up and then suddenly he drops night vivion goggles for me. I,m super excited at this point because i realise that i might have to defend myself as well for his enemies. I type in chat that i will try to help him, no response though. Suddenly a jeep spawns in front of him. He steps in the driver spot and waits for me to get in the passenger seat. When i got in he started driving away from the ciry. Not 1 minute later he steps out, and so do i. He stands still and doesnt move. Suddenly he dissapears and i am left alone. I wait for a minute trying to realise what the heck had all just happened to me. The i decide to drive the car in between some trees trying to mask it a little bit. I lay down on the ground again trying to look for anything suspicious. After 2 minuts i realise that he wanted me to have the car. I run back to it and start driving a way to the far north. After a while i go out because i wanted to see if there was any gear in. I open up the back of the car and it is filled with ammo. At this moment i am really really happy. I get back in and drive a bit more inwards. Suddenly i get the "No response for 5 seconds", being followed up by 10,15,20,25,30 etc seconds. Them i get disconnected.

I wait for 5 minuts before trying to log back in. After i finally got back in the game my car had dissapeared. I didnt like it, but i understood that i was lucky to have had 1 in the first place. I was close around a village so i decide to enter it looking for some food. After about 5 zombies aggroed on me i decided to run into this farm building where i for the first time fired my newly given gun. I was extraordinary, i had 4 clips and each apparantly gave me the possibility to shoot a 100 times. After having killed the zombies i ran out from the other side running back to where i came from. The all out of nowhere i see another car which looked just like the previous one i had driven in, only now it was completely somewhere else. The cars engine was damaged and it had a whole less amount of fuel then the car i drove in before, it also didnt have any gear in it. But i had another vehicle !!. What luck i had.

I drove back towards the sea and then further north. I followed the highway which stopped at a village, I was at the most northern village and there wasnt any road left. i decided to drive trough the grass and go even further north. There i parked it right behind some trees making it invisible for any other players. Unfortunately i didnt have any fuel left... Then i logged of hoping the vehicle would still be there tomorrow. What a weird, but great adventure it was.

(sorry for grammatical errors)

• Like 2

Just downloaded the game, uber excited, would like to tell y'all the story of my first day out there.

I wake up at dusk, the light quickly fading from the skyline as I look around to gain my bearings in this wasteland. I see a city to my west, the beach to my back, a train line in front of me, and hilly forest ensconcing the whole scene. I first think to myself, "I should go into the city to look for supplies and a weapon", but that thought is interrupted by the sight before me. Three zombies staggering about in the shadow of a warehouse of some sort.

Not going that way.

As dusk turns to night, I remember an old adage I heard from a forum, "The forest's are your friends!" and I advance into the treeline. Shortly after cresting the first hill after leaving the beach I come across another macabre scene. A generic farmhouse, surrounded by a half-dozen of the ghouls. I drop to a crouch, hoping I won't be spotted and devoured. I stealthily and silently meander towards the farmhouse, evading zed patrols, getting inside. Surely this will be a safe haven, and I can rest. But a gutteral moan from outside reminds me that I am still surrounded by zombies, and must leave as quietly as I entered. Never breaking my crouch, I ascend the steps towards the loft, hoping to find some sort of firearm. In a bout of good luck, I spot a long rifle, a lee-enfield, hidden in the corner under some hey and empty cans. I pick it up, noticing it's large caliber.

An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age. It will do.

I load it and go to the other side of the barn. I find a Pepsi can (who knew there would be Pepsi in Chenarus?) and a blue ChemLight. I head up to the raised area of the barn, and to my surprise I'm greeted by another weapon, a double barrelled shotgun. It however has no ammunition, so I leave it. Some other scavenger will find it, and it will know a good home. Noticing that it is pitch black outside, I go the the utmost portion of the barn, and decide to rest.

Safe. For now...

Newbie still figuring things out. My 5th or so spawn I start just west of Komarovo. Immediately go prone, switch to 3rd person and toggle to walk as default. Crawl forward and take a look around. First thing I see off to my right towards town is a player riding a bicycle kiting a handful of zeds. He just rides around with them chasing him. I make my way north into the trees and turn and watch and he just lazily cycles about the town agroing zombies and kiting them about. Silly perhaps but it was kinda cool...

Hee hee. That would have been me! UK6 I presume. Did you hear me tinkling the bell for ++aggro?

it was a darkish night in Berezino. I was with three of my mates in a shop near some flats and we choose to stay there for the night. it got dark pritty quick. we knew that flares would help us see but what was bad idea as it attracts not only zeds but bandits too. we was on a rp-ish server where bandits and the surviors were as they are. bandits rp-ed mindless killers and the others tried to live. It was ten thrity at night we couldn't see shit we had to throw a few flares, the light blinded us at first we was just getting used to the dark and a blinding light appears, not good. we was on this server for about ten hours (i know we have no lives you see.) and during the day we saw four or so cars head into the factory part of the city and we never saw them leave. we had a sniper on the roof of the flats watching the road and our backs. well back to the story. the town seemed dead no one, not even a zed. we knew we wasn't safe but are you ever? We heared footsteps. They was to light for it to be a zombie. I paniced and told the others to get in the back of the shop and put the flare out. they didn't listen. A girl wanders around, not knowing where she's going, nor why. Rain starts to pour down to the earth below, but still she wandered. One of my friends chooses to help her and so do the others. I knew it was a trap, and I did say the quote "ITS A TRAP!" (don't laugh at the time I ment it.) two cars blocked of the road and traped my friends. I made my way out the back of the shop. the bandits took their guns and got them to sit on the floor the girl was a survior like us but her group killed and she was taken as a slave in all sense. a quick bang. I feared for the worse one of my mates dead. but it was the girl. I heard from who I guessed was the leader "she did her time." I had my ak-74kobra in my mates bag because we was fixing our inventories. well I knew it wasn't long till dawn and till my mates deaths so I had to act. I snuck round the back to the flats on the other side of the road. I knew one bullet one kill and I griped my G17 and armed. all in all I saw ten bandits I had one clip of sixteen and one in the gun. I knew one bullet equals me being dead so I needed to spread them out. I picked up a axe and a few tin cans. I threw a can near where I was. a bandit hears it and comes round the flats and checks it out. with one swing to the leg snapping it and finshing with another to the head. one just a few more to go. I head to the roof and kill the sharpshooter they have up there. he had a frag I had a idea. I thew the frag at a car killing another two bandits but I got down and out of the flats and behide the car up the road. I pulled out my G17 and looked at the two in front of the car, quickly killing them in the back two bullets is all it took. four men came running out the shop they still could not find me I snuck round and killed them too. I guess by now the leader bit scaried and little on eage. I stood up and ponited my gun to the man's head he never saw me coming I went with the rp and I asked "Why do you become bandits? we should work together as a group to find a cure or to help those less able not kill one another." he simply said "The same reason you surive." I stood their in confustion and pitty for the man. I looked at my friends and they picked there guns up and looted the bodies. I was wandering what to do I had been through so much in half an hour. If there's one thing I learned from horror movies, it's be vague when talking to others. I ask where hes from. he didn't answer, I knew he wouldn't. my friends wanted him dead, I knew it was a good idea, he hurt that girl and my mates. There was a part of me that didn't want that. "you gonna shoot me or what?!" I stood there in a quite daze. my friend shouting kill. I snaped and put a bullet in his leg he droped to the floor, by this time Zeds heared the loud bang and started to come. "Its not my decision to your fate or will it ever be, I leave this one up to god." I collected myself and left with my frend in tail. I not sure what happened to him or care but what I did that day was epic! and well I love the G17 fucking epic gun, anyway we got a bus, yes a bus working and we made our way to elektro we knew that it was a safe zone people that was not out to kill. but help. a group of twenty or so surviors was there and they was in a tight conflicted with a large group of well armed bandits in the hills. we loaded as many as we could onto the bus and got the hell out. we got them to cherno and set the on there way. I did all of this and ended up dieing the nexted day in a barn because OF THE FU*KING STAIRS! God damn.

hope you like it and don't ask what server it was it was madness (and it had shit ping.)

-ps

FU*KING BARNS!

:beans: FTW

So after kiting the zeds around Komarovo, I make it shakily up to Bor, with a few hairy collisions with minor obstacles to stimulate rectal peristalsis. Nothing like swerving into a bush with four raging zeds milling about to concentrate the mind.

So it is up to the barn and into the upper floor. I find a tent lower down - two in fact - but keep my own weapon and leave the loot.

I hear a voice - 'Friendly in the barn'. I am certain there is more than one 'visitor' and that they are naming me, not announcing their intentions. I speak up, lower the shotgun and alert my new friend to the zed beneath the gantry he is crouched upon. It is tense, but I am determined not to be that person who obeys his atavisms.

We clear out the remaining zeds, share the loot we find and make off toward Zeleno. Ben gets me to the supermarket - to a pistol, binos, watch - vital kit. We part in the woods after a Benny Hill routine up the hill involving me, an ammo-less rifle, and Ben picking off the keener zeds. I nearly die, but he saves me with Frank 'n' beans.

Ben, if you are reading this I hope to convey some of the thrill and delight of meeting a player who does not think it meet to backstab me, nor is such a lily livered whelp as to shoot on sight.

It would appear, after several KOS incidents, that Chernarus is not without hope. Ben saved my life a few times, and showed me a handy tip or two. I hope to link up with him again and repay his integrity with some well deserved loot. Which I first have to find, so - back on the bike it is!

• Like 1

Yesterday on US1365

So me and 2 friends decided to load up our little jeep and head down into Cherno to see if we can find more vehicle parts, and PVP a bit. (we were feeling adventurous) We ended up going to the high yield industrial parking garage looking type building on the east side of the city. They set up spots covering the city and the coast with their sniper rifles, while I looted the building, and camped out a bit waiting for loot to respawn. We had no action for at least 20 min but we were noticing a lot of people were being killed. so we knew they would be coming through the area eventually.

Then we started hearing gunfire, near the military tents.

Somehow, with the gunfire and the adrenaline starting to pump my friend bug vaulted off the roof and fell 3 stories, breaking bones, going unconscious, and attracting about 15 Z's in the process. We fought our way through the Z's and somehow managed to patch him up and give him a blood transfusion. (it couldnt have happened at a more intense time)

Back to overwatch while i continued to loot farm the building.One friend reports "hostile" on the tall tower industrial building over by the military tents. We tell him to take the shot. At the same time, he realises there are two guys up there, and shoots two quick shots, killing them both instantly. things keep getting hotter, and we are hearing lots of gunfire coming from the city. (we really wanted an engine to spawn, so we waited it out) eventually we had a total of 6 kills down.

when all of a sudden, BOOM, a huge explosion goes off. We all think "shit, there goes the truck, someone must have blown it". Peer over the edge, nope truck is still there.

20 seconds later. BOOOOOM. oh shit, its an M203 grenade launcher being shot at us from hill just east of the building we are in, I notice the smoke from the launcher, and give exact location to my sniper buddys. They move positions and as soon as they locate the spot, they see the guy DC. dang. we decide to get the fuck out of there, jump in the truck, and honk our way out of the city and back into the safety of the hills. (never did find that engine part we needed)

whoever that was on the hill with the M203. thanks for the adrenaline rush. also thanks for not blowing our truck with the launcher, and also thanks for not climbing the hill a bit higher and just shooting my buddies in the back. could have gone soo much worse for us. :thumbsup:

Edited by CrazyAirborne
  • Like 3

Me and my two friends spawned in Cherno, and decided to take a trip to the north side of the map. We found some starting gear and supplies in Cherno and Balota airstrip, and went straight for the NWAF.

While spending time getting kneecapped by other players, we managed to stay alive. Luckily we had plently of morphine and blood bags with us, so we continued walking to the NWAF. Not far away from our destination, we found a heli crash site, and the adrenaline started pumping! Quickly we eliminated all the zombies and was soooo excited about the loot..... All to be found was empty tin cans. This was the first heli crash site we've ever seen, so we got pretty bummed out.

But we carried on, and struggled ourself into the airfield.

Wait.... ANOTHER HELI CRASH SITE? Maybe we'll get lucky this time? We quickly killed all the zombies and just meters away from the heli... " SESSION LOST ". I cannot describe the rage. We were looking for the same server in the launcher for ages, but we couldn't find it.

" ALRIGHT, WE'LL JUST HOP ON A SERVER, GET THE LOOT, AND GTFO ASAP! ", my friend said. We got on another server, and after 5 seconds on, standing on the runway - BAM! Got shot in the head by a sniper, and my friends died shortly after.

A fun experience, but the worst 2 hours of my gaming life.

I just fucking love snipers. I had everything on my character from military flashlights to binoculars, AKM and 4 mags for it, Makarov with 10 mags for it, ALICE pack, lots of cooked meat and medical supplies. Then I see a heli crash site. It had FN FAL, Bizon, some other weapon with no mags included, 5.56 ammo pack and some random loot stashes. Then out of nowhere, I get shot and I die instantly. Probably some ghillie bushwookie in the woods. I had the character for 4 days, 70 zombies killed and no murders. I actually survived an M107 ghillie camper attack earlier on my first day. Now I didn't get a chance, I was on prone, because I didn't want to alert the zombies and just looking at the loot stashes.

I was a bit upset, since I had been to Cherno, Berezino, Novy Sobor and then finally Stary Sobor where I met my death. All by foot. My longest survival yet though, with the most zombie kills.

Edited by Sutinen

I had that new character and I went to cherno on an 10/40 player server and I already had a Czech bag, an enfield, revolver and lots of food and I was on top of the School kind of thing and suddenly I could hear steps so I climbed up to the top of the tower and didn't stick out because the shade would show movement and I waited and suddenly my prey came out with an enfield looking around very silently and I started shooting my Enfield making him faint and as he did I pulled out my revolver in panic and killed him, looted some basic food and drinks but zombies were running in so I ran out heading towards the market and I started losing a lot of blood and noticed the glass was breaking and could hear gunshots, there was his friend with a revolver shooting at me so I ran in and was hiding behind the counter as he was in the magazine room and I had 3 rounds left and he was empty, we were playing a cat and mouse game as I threw a flare in so the zombies would rush in, so they did but he must have ran out because I could hear the zeds beating outside so I run into the magazine and he was there with a hatchet in his hand and he finished me off by making me faint and killing me, son of a bitch :/

I must add the guy on the top of the School was my first real murder, no assist just a pure murder and I did only for my safety since he was sneaking up on me with his gun ready to fire. What an adrenaline rush, completly different than playing with a pack of four or five friends all on Teamspeak or skype, damn o;

This wasn't my first time in Day Z but my friends first time playing this game. I decided to go and help him and so began the difficult search of finding him. It took me about 30 mins but I finally found him just outside Elektro where he saw me and got so excited and he stood up....Where he go shot by a sniper. So I set out again to find him and he had spawned in Kamenka while I was still in Elektro So I made my way out of Elektro and started heading that way, while I was running I got hit by a gun and was dropped to 2000 blood but was lucky enough to kill her with my Lee Enfeild. After about 30 mins of searching for him I finally found him again in a random barn where I told him to give me a blood transfusion. ( He didn't do any research on this game) Instead of giving me a blood transfusion he killed me with his axe....And then he go shot from behind about 10 seconds later. That is my story of my friends first day in Day Z

Sorry if this is hard to read

So I have this friend who JUST started playing. Let's call him Mr. A. I'd been playing several weeks, and the best guns I've been able to find is a Lee Enfield and a Makarov.

The instant Mr. A joins in, I find an m1911 eventhough I'm halfway across the map. "Oh... FINALLY!" I think, it was about time I found a better hand-gun. Little did I know that Mr. A would turn out to be a swirling vortex of luck, both good and bad.

Within 3 days, we find ourselves a CZ 550, 3 AKMs, a PDW, a DMR, more Revolvers and m1911s, a Remington w Flashlight, and a tent for each of us. We even find our very first crashed helicopter, which sadly was already raided, but we looted the medical box for some much needed supplies.

Finding the DMR was a funny story, I had ran into Elecktro's fire station to do a quick raid, having recently died to a hacker. While I was in there a survivor came in and started firing his Revolver at me, eventhough the whole station was filled with zombies. I made it up the stairs but not before he hit me once. I bandaged myself up while I heard him dealing with the zombies downstairs and prepared to fend him off with my Hatchet, and then I saw it.

A DMR with mags lying right there at my feet like a gift from heaven. I picked it up just in time to see him pop up from the stairs, and I emptied an ENTIRE MAG into his torso. Overkill, I know, but I was panicking at the time. And so my first bandit kill ever comes from a dude named 'Monk'.

On the fourth day, we stumbled upon a pair of survivors, proned in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by zombies. It turns out there was a ANOTHER heli crash site right behind them that they'd just looted. Mr. A panicked and killed one of them, his friend turned and killed Mr. A before I, in turn, gunned him down after picking up my downed friend's CZ 550 (I had no primary weapon at the time because we were planning on raiding Stary Sobor, and I was to keep most of my inventory empty).

Sure enough, these 2 dudes were packing SERIOUS heat. I retrieve my friend's CZ 550, looted a G17, an M16, and an M4A1 CCO SD, with mags for all of them. I eventually met up with Mr. A again and returned his CZ 550. I decided to keep the M4A1 CCO SD, and dumped the rest in our home base.

We decided to proceed with the plan to raid the military camps in Stary Sobor. On the way there, while crossing an open field that we couldn't avoid, we started taking fire! We weren't sure whether it was one of the dudes back for vengeance (Mr. A had spotted them running back to their bodies on his way to meet me), but poor Mr. A got hit. We barely made it to the tree line on the opposite side of the field with Mr. A bleeding out of every orifice and bullets whizzing by us.

I managed to determine where the shots were coming from because the dude literally did not stop firing, and I returned fire with my newly acquired M4A1 CCO SD. I eventually took him out because he ran out into the open field for some reason, where he was exposed. Sadly we couldn't loot his body because he used the exploit that makes his own body immediately sink into the ground.

So, that's the story of my first 3 legitimate kills after playing for weeks. Monk in the Elecktro fire station, Conscript next to a crashed heli, and some random dude whose name I can't remember in some random field, all within a few days of Mr. A joining...

I awoke on the coast, just west of Cherno. I made my way into the city, and looted the supermarket, the church and headed into the fire station and eventually settled on the roof and logged with some food, a Czech pack and an M911.

I rejoin a few hours later, and immediately hear gunfire. It seems that the shots only ring out as I approach one corner of the roof, so I assume someone has sights on me. I continue to crouch on the roof trying to figure out if I am safe to move, and then I see a survivor running at the fire station with an assault rifle and an ALICE pack. It appears that he has come to get me, so I climb up the tower to position myself so that I can get an advantage if it comes to a fire fight. I prone and wait. Thump. Thump. Thump. A zombie is hitting somone.... Thump. Thump.. this goes on for awhile, and then the flies begin. Confused I climb down from my perch, leave the roof and sneak into the fire station to find two zombies and my survivor friend, two of them are dead and one is feeding on a corpse. I kill the remaining zombie and begin looting. I get a full basic kit, AKS-74 Kobra,4 full magazines and a nicer bag. I make my way back to the roof, thank the Zombie God and log out again.

After about 4 hours I decide to come see where things lie. As I log in I notice two things. The first is that it is raining, the second that it is near pitch black. I figure that I need to get to shelter, so I climb from the roof and move back into the fire station. I move towards the tower and find a MP5A5. I decide to see if I can clear my bag to put the gun in, so I climb to the top of the tower to get out of the open. I begin eating cans of food, drinking soda and dropping the surplus, while listening out and hearing rain occasionally punctuated by a groan or screech of a zombie... just as I get comfortable with the darkness and rain.. an eerie sound begins playing over the direct comms.. "To the windoooooooooooooooooow, to the wallll".

All praise Zombie God!

(Was a bit confusing. Fixed)

Edited by OneSixZeroFive

I awoke on the coast, just west of Cherno. I made my way into the city, and looted the supermarket, the church and headed into the fire station and eventually settled on the roof and logged with some food, a Czech pack and an M911.

I rejoin a few hours later, and immediately hear gunfire. It seems that the shots only ring out as I approach one corner of the roof, so I assume someone has sights on me. I continue to crouch on the roof trying to figure out if I am safe to move, and then I see a survivor running at the fire station with an assault rifle and an ALICE pack. It appears that he has come to get me, so I climb up the tower to position myself so that I can get an advantage if it comes to a fire fight. I prone and wait. Thump. Thump. Thump. A zombie is hitting somone.... Thump. Thump.. this goes on for awhile, and then the flies begin. Confused I climb down from my perch, leave the roof and sneak into the fire station to find two zombies and my survivor friend, two of them are dead and one is feeding on a corpse. I kill the remaining zombie and begin looting. I get a full basic kit, AKS-74 Kobra,4 full magazines and a nice® bag. I make my way back to the roof, thank the Zombie God and log out again.

After about 4 hours I decide to come see where things lie. As I log in I notice two things. The first is that it is raining, the second that it is near pitch black. I figure that I need to get to shelter, so I climb from the roof and move back into the fire station. I move towards the tower and find a MP5A5. I decide to see if I can clear my bag to put the gun in, so I climb to the top of the tower to get out of the open. I begin eating cans of food, drinking soda and dropping the surplus, while listening out and hearing rain occasionally punctuated by a groan or screech of a zombie... and then I hear the sound gets my heart racing... the darkness... the rain... the backdrop of a prison shower joke with authentic background music... "To the windoooooooooooooooooow, to the wallll".

All praise Zombie God!

confused.

I'd been playing several weeks, and the best guns I've been able to find is a Lee Enfield and a Makarov.

do you have the map with the loot spawns on it? you should be able to find better weapons within an hour.

Northeast airfield last night, we ride in on a flatbed and look around for some loots. We're in constant communication, giving positional updates including which entrances and exits are being covered, you know.

There's the sound of engines, we lock down. There's some gunfire exchanged, and our visitors decide to leave. I'm in the air control tower covering the stairwell and don't see anything. We resume looting.

Awhile later, there's some more gunfire and a few of the boys head down the hill to face the attackers.

I'm inside a hangar at the time and work my way to the top of the hill, not knowing exactly where everyone is. The two remaining guys take off with the flatbed.

I go prone at the top of the hill and look down. Sunset is rapidly turning to dusk and things are starting to get hard to see. I am able to see muzzle flashes down the hill, but no definite fix on location or whose flashes I'm seeing. I continue to provide coverage from up above, in case they decide to fall back.

A couple of our guys are killed, a couple of their guys are killed. There's no gunshots for awhile but someone's bleeding out down there.. I run to the bottom of the hill into the thin treeline and go prone. I hear growling all around and wait for the zeds to pass by. I end up waiting a long time - one of the zeds was stuck half in the ground, attached to a tree, right next to where I was hiding which is why I kept hearing such loud growls.

My fallen comrades couldn't give me an exact fix on their most recent location, but it was near town, possibly inside. They were happy with the fight and had no regrets. Better a firefight than a physics glitch breaking your limbs, knocking you out, and aggro'ing every zombie in town.

I'm now the only one left. Its gone from rescue to assassination. Pretty sure I know which direction they are, so I started making my way around to behind their location. Eventually I made my way to the end of the treeline, sprinted across the short field, entered the forest to the left of town.

At this point, its already been 10-15 minutes and its likely the opposing team had already left. On the other hand, they had one more vehicle than living teammates, so might have been guarding the area waiting for them to get back.

I creep along the treeline, trying to see any motion that's not zombie. There's an embankment that prevents seeing directly into town, so I continue circling the long way around to hopefully surprise them from behind.

I consider logging, since its starting to get really hard to see and is getting pretty risky. Its unknown if they have NVG, but If they were spotted, the plan was to flare the area around them - they're lit up and can't use NVG, I'm still hidden. But.. like I said, its starting to get REAL hard to see, and I'm not sure I should even move forward instead of just calling it quits for the night.

I decide to advance a little bit further and at least see past this embankment. I raise up to a crouch jog and move a little deeper into the forest, still running parallel to the road.

That's when I stepped on the prone guy with a SAW.

They were covering much further out than I'd anticipated. And visibility was worse than I thought.

I hear gunfire, the snap of riccochets, the crunch of my leg, the grunt of pain, the forst floor crunching as I was forced prone. I don't think he had NVG, because he would have opened fire long before he did. And he wouldn't be continuing to fire directly overhead.

I spun around and pointed my gun at the muzzle flashing. For some reason, it was important to me to bring up the Aimpoint, to put the dot on target before firing. In hindsight, I should have just spun and rapidly fired. I had time to get the dot on his head before SNAP... green table/spreadsheet screen. Still showed 6500 health, but I'm guessing it was a pretty quick death.

The thing that makes me cringe is not just that I almost logged juust in time, but how absolutely outgunned I was and that he was a bad enough shot that I still COULD have won that match if I'd have just fired instead of waiting for the ironsights to come up. Just didn't think as quickly as I needed to. Haven't been in that many firefights yet, so hopefully this lesson will provide useful in the future.

Hats off to the group that kicked our asses. We got a couple of them, sure, but they also retained all the corpses and therefore the loots. And boy, did we have some loots.

I'm not someone who gets to play a lot these days. And my luck is.. abnormally bad in this game. My average lifespan sees fewer guns than leg breaks.

This guy was several days old though, and had managed to collect some stuff, thanks to being in the same region as friends and being able to hunt in a party. His death lost literally everything you can get outside of the super-rare items like GPS/NVG or heli/barracks weapons (never owned any of them). This includes hand and smoke grenades, Coyote backpack, all the survival equipment, cooked meats, toolbox, entrenching tool, military flashlight, all of it. Also, the best weapon I ever had, M14-AIM. Didn't find it, was given to me. Had a PDW and tons of ammo, plus a M1911 in the backpack.

All in all, its unlikely I'll ever be this geared up again.

But.. I really don't care as much as I thought I would.

I guess the mantra of "don't get attached to your equipment" actually sunk in.

I think the only thing I'll really miss is my compass. Can never find those damn things. (And I get turned around so easily..)

Now I'm back on the coast somewhere, unarmed, no supplies. Maybe when I get to play again my guys will still have the flatbed, and maybe there will be some stuff in the trunk for me. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Guess its time to start the long haul again.

Maybe this time I'll find a GPS...

Having watched the video, I learned some things.

First, FRAPS doesn't do well with low contrast dusk timeframe sort of video. Even though on my screen it was getting kind of hard to see, in the recorded video it was pitch black, everything but sky.

Second, the guy was a better shot than I gave him credit for originally.

Not that he had good aim (he landed two of around 14 shots), but he didn't go full-auto like it seemed at the time - he did a decent job of using bursts.

Anyway, if you wanna watch the ugly finale to my story, here you go: