rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

Refilling ammo from thin air is still here... this time trought two tents..

Brilliant update, thanx for all the hard work guys! should make DayZ that much better

Refilling ammo from thin air is still here... this time trought two tents..

This simply isn't fixable. ARMA2 only supports the storage of bullet count for magazines in your main inventory. The second they go into any "container" (bag/tent/car), the engine no longer has a function to hold onto the bullet count and they get changed into a full mag. Short of engine changes, this simply is not fixable. In other words, you will need to wait until DayZ Standalone for that to be fixed.

• Like 2

great update, not sure why eating in vehicles has been stopped, it leads to some tricky situations - ''...er pilot, can you set the heli down please, i need to get out to eat my beans'' prolly not something you'll hear ever in real life.

• Like 1

by the way how about taking off some1 ghillie/camo clothes?its kinda obvious you can do it in real life..i mean...well..u got what i mean :o

* [FIXED] Vehicle Damage is now fully working.

We are able to fix one item and the whole vehicle is repaired. I know this was a known bug, is this not fixed now ???

This was a very good update for hackers and scripters..

Now you cant get away from them...

Good job... Lol

• Like 2

[...]

Suggestion:

1. Remove the log out penalty since hackers will now destroy legit players even more.

2. Add WHO killed who so people can track who is doing this hacking junk.

simple.

1. There's currently no other penalty than a serverside chatmessage telling everyone you chickened out. When/if a penalty is implemented, it will be to combat otherwise legitimately playing cowards and not hackers.
  2. Kill confirmations are rather gamey, I'd rather not know whether someone died from my attack until I hear him returning fire or I stumble upon his corpse.

Collectively answered:

You should be able to eat and drink in vehicles.[...]

Why in the world can't we eat and drink in the car. [...]

FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle[...]

great update, not sure why eating in vehicles has been stopped[...]

This was changed to prevent duping.

* [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

Not sure if your character still stands there after, but if you press ESC then ALT+F4 you close the game instantly, possibly disconnecting so fast aswell.

It would still trigger the serverside chat notification (and later, possibly kill you/get you banned).

This simply isn't fixable. ARMA2 only supports the storage of bullet count for magazines in your main inventory. The second they go into any "container" (bag/tent/car), the engine no longer has a function to hold onto the bullet count and they get changed into a full mag. Short of engine changes, this simply is not fixable. In other words, you will need to wait until DayZ Standalone for that to be fixed.

BIS updated ArmA2 with the magazine indicators and scripting commands for managing inventory magazines; they could conceivably change containers as well. If not, someone could change it so objects like tents can't store items the ArmA way and then script his own container storage menu that maintains the ammo count.

• Like 1

great update, not sure why eating in vehicles has been stopped, it leads to some tricky situations - ''...er pilot, can you set the heli down please, i need to get out to eat my beans'' prolly not something you'll hear ever in real life.

Now placing bets on how many more "What?! I can't eat/drink in a car? WHAT ABOUT REALISM!?" replies we can get, from people who refuse to read the thread for the answer, before we hit... let's say... Page 20. Any takers? I say 6.

BIS updated ArmA2 with the magazine indicators and scripting commands for managing inventory magazines; they could conceivably change containers as well. If not, someone could change it so objects like tents can't store items the ArmA way and then script his own container storage menu that maintains the ammo count.

True, BIS could add it. Like you say, they added it pretty much exclusively for DayZ for the main inventory (which kind of begs the question on why they didn't flesh out the logic fully to other mechanics. Probably some design limitation that made it much more cumbersome).

Fair enough on the custom storage system. That's an intriguing idea. But, I don't think that it'd be really worth it at this point for DayZ Mod. The time it would take for me to flesh out a proper system with snazzy UI and all that would eat up the remaining mere weeks left until Standalone and delay the development/release of other planned stuff I have. I may start poking at it for DayZ Redux, though. Interesting thought. I'm starting to try and mentally remember/determine if the existing mechanics could be disabled to the point of allowing a custom one in its place. This could also be an avenue for resolving the "gear full? lol, item deleted!" problem.

If only I started in on this months ago vs 4 weeks ago :P

Now placing bets on how many more "What?! I can't eat/drink in a car? WHAT ABOUT REALISM!?" replies we can get, from people who refuse to read the thread for the answer, before we hit... let's say... Page 20. Any takers? I say 6.

You're very optimistic, and have more faith in some people than I do. :P

• Like 1

Is it really that important to log out 15 seconds after you shoot a goat or throw a chemlight? I call BS.

• Like 2

Vehicles are repairing themselves. I just landed hard in a helicopter and 10 seconds later it's magically repaired. When you get out of a damaged vehicle and back in the damage is gone.

Edited by Maxxgold

Why in FUCKS name can't I eat beanz in a bloody vehicle? Have you never heard of a drive-thru? Dumb dumb dumb!

Why in FUCKS name can't I eat beanz in a bloody vehicle? Have you never heard of a drive-thru? Dumb dumb dumb!

That's one.

• Like 2

Really. You can't get over the fact that you can't eat beans in a vehicle. Who even cares ??? I really can't understand why people are complaining about this. It's a non issue for me. Get out and eat your beans already.

they removed eating beans in vehicle due to dupe bug.stop complaining already.

This was a very good update for hackers and scripters..

Now you cant get away from them...

Good job... Lol

How exactly was this update related to cheaters? There is nothing DayZ devs can do about it...

This could also be an avenue for resolving the "gear full? lol, item deleted!" problem.

I have already seen this in Namalsk, not sure if it was that specific server I was on or if its in the map mod itself, but it will give you a message telling you that your inventory is already full and you can not pick the item up. Or am I misunderstanding what you are getting at?

is anyone else able to get the new hive working on a non private server? Every time i try to get it running using the files in the email i got (old or new email) it always gives me invalid server side app. Like it can't talk to the hive correctly. If i use the 0.7.4 version of the hive it connects with no problem.

When the thread is locked.

I'm starting to try and mentally remember/determine if the existing mechanics could be disabled to the point of allowing a custom one in its place. This could also be an avenue for resolving the "gear full? lol, item deleted!" problem.

I believe the gear action is disabled if a vehicle (in the broad ArmA term) is locked, but that's rather hackish. Does the bicycle have the gear menu (I haven't played in a while)? If not, changing the transportmaxmagazines, -weapons and -backpacks config settings to 0 should be sufficient (but would be inconvenient, as those values could be used for the custom solution).

A custom solution could prevent gear dropping on the ground when you thought the vehicle had enough space as well.

I have already seen this in Namalsk, not sure if it was that specific server I was on or if its in the map mod itself, but it will give you a message telling you that your inventory is already full and you can not pick the item up. Or am I misunderstanding what you are getting at?

He's talking about where you for example try to move a weapon from a car inventory into your backpack, but there's not enough room and the weapon is simply deleted (a transaction using the gear menu).

How exactly was this update related to cheaters? There is nothing DayZ devs can do about it...

You know that is not what he is saying and please try to think a second before you jump up to be Mr. Dayz Defender who bravely spouts off a foolish rebuttal to any DayZ criticism.

So you are actually telling me that there is no way that the guys that coded the actual can find no way to counteract the community of hackers out there and their scripts. Somehow the community can script some way to detect when I am being fired upon and put me in "combat" mode, but can't figure out that something is amiss when my walking goes from altitude 0 to altitude 200 in less than a second? And to have anther script to immediately teleport me back to last known good position.

You are just spouting off some garbage you read elsewhere without thinking it through and it helps no one.

Edited by maleitch

Your 30 second combat timer is crap, before when a hacker would teleport himself or me, I could just log the hell out before he killed me.

Now he gets that satisfaction of murdering me and causing me inconvenience.

I do like the idea of people not being able to just log out soon as they get shot at like most do but... this hurts legit players too.

Maybe resolve your hacker infestation before implementing something of this magnitude?

• Like 1

Maybe resolve your hacker infestation before implementing something of this magnitude?

Private hive with active admins til standalone. Public hive is screwed. Even devs say so.