rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

Well the last part not completly...we know some things just nothing about dogs...

All what you know about the game is bullshots and such.. you don't really know anything concrete (whenever i believe it will be just like the mod.. eheh).

and is a mod not a game...do you not "play" a game or a mod...so are they not one in the same...ARMA II is the game foundation DayZ is the mod yes but it's still a game isn't it?

ArmaII is the game, DayZ is the mod... there's tons of other mods for Arma2, whenever DayZ (i guess) is the one most played.. :)

Yes. This happened on the private hive I play on. The admin had to roll back to v1.7.2.6.

We got this on GB Wireworld - admins rolled back to 17.2.6 as well.

Well the last part not completly...we know some things just nothing about dogs... and is a mod not a game...do you not "play" a game or a mod...so are they not one in the same...ARMA II is the game foundation DayZ is the mod yes but it's still a game isn't it?

I like to see it like this. ArmA 2 is a game. The mod DayZ on top of ArmA 2 is a game. The modification on it's own can't do anything, but ArmA 2 the game can stand alone.

this is full of love

1.7.3 already was, but 1.7.4 is just madness.

any possible annoying thing in dayz would be fixed with this.

can not commend in that thread, so request goes here.

i hope we will see this to show up in the release for 1.7.4 (taken from DayZ Redux):

[ Vehicle Changes ]

• Getting in or out of a vehicle auto-saves everything about it
  • Adjusting gear contents of a vehicle or tent auto-saves it (Prevents duping)

since the save button is getting removed i will assume yes!

oh and what about female characters changing skins?! pretty please?

oh the joy, i can not picture this yet D:

Edited by Azrail

oh and what about female characters changing skins?! pretty please?

Just maybe :)....

[...]I'm starting to try and mentally remember/determine if the existing mechanics could be disabled to the point of allowing a custom one in its place[...]

I believe the gear action is disabled if a vehicle (in the broad ArmA term) is locked, but that's rather hackish. Does the bicycle have the gear menu (I haven't played in a while)? If not, changing the transportmaxmagazines, -weapons and -backpacks config settings to 0 should be sufficient (but would be inconvenient, as those values could be used for the custom solution).

A custom solution could prevent gear dropping on the ground when you thought the vehicle had enough space as well.

On second thought, I'd attempt to use an UI Event Handler to detect the opening of the gear menu, close it, and open the customized menu. The map menu would need something as well, since equipment can be accessed there too.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but as a server admin i've noticed a LOT of tents have gone missing with this update. I've had my server for around 5 months and i've always jotted down coordinates of other users' tents on my server just for reference. Most of them, including many of my own are gone now, ones that were still there on 1.7.2.6. I *think* this may have to do with the whole "tents saving to the DB correctly" part seeing as how some of them were definitely packed up/destroyed at one point but there are definitely some that were not that are MIA now. Most of them were crafty tents that were stuck half inside of rocks and trees and such, maybe that has something to do with it.

If your still playing on public servers then this will be a problem for you. I run a private white listed server and you can play without worrying about this happening to you. If your still playing on a public server then you get what you deserve. Even the professional gamers like Sacriel have ditched public dayz for private DayZ.

uhhh... no. I've been playing a private server for the last week. Active admins. Seen them ban several for stuff. But STILL there are hackers getting in. Even whitelisted servers.... I've seen hackers running amok. We understand this is alpha. We understand some people don;t wanna hear complaints unless they agree with everything that complainer says. But the bottom line is... hackers are the biggest issue right now.

I have never and do not ever planto use hacks. But I know of some who use some thing called an ESP hack or such? It reads vehicle locations before BE kicks in, then shuts down... leaving markers on that persons map. I can fraps a guy who teleports or creates junk. But theres no way to stop cheaters like that from my end.

Devs could write out some detection thingies...or something that wipes the map after BE kicks in... And same with other hacks. One PRIVATE server I've been on, I repeatedly get attacked by some lame, can't hit squat hacker who pulls an invisibility hack. Write a detection thing... please. Stop the madness. Handle duping? Fine. Handle hacker first though...

So - private, whitelisted is not a magic solution at all... I wish it were.

Edited by Seddrik

Private servers = paranoid/nazi/kids ... not all of them of course, but many of them.. to the point that sometime it's less annoying to be killed by a cheater than have to handle with these i_got_the_powa idiots.

What you got from the package (in my experience) is:

- You kill an admin or a friend of an admin or a friend of a friend of an admin: KICK + BAN > YOU MUST BE CHEAT!

- You find the <random vehicle> of the admin clan: KICK for <random reason>

- You are in the middle of nowhere: the admin clan will magically find you (server side cheating tools, like remote view etc.);

- Cheaters still there, and they are the worst ones: you won't see ppl teleporting, you'll only find the smart ESP guys, that is MUCH more frustrating (coz you may spend time to believe it is a fair battle, while in reality you had NO chance at all from the start);

- If you try to say something that the admin doesn't like, and you'll be bullied by them (admin ass lickers).

Now there's a 1% of those "private servers" with an adult admin: usually someone that doesn't even have clan, and that doesn't play much.. he's a passionate.. but go to find a server like this, then call me.

Plus this is not really the solution: i play with my team mates, but sometime external chaps joins our "club" everyday, i can't tell these "random chaps" to go to register on that unknow forum or whatever to play on a server for a couple of hours.

A problem exists, and the closed, locked, private servers aren't the solution.. it's like being locked in a small room, pretending to be "safe", while the war's exploding outside of your door.

• Like 2

Since dat 1.7.3 update on my server, the tents are working finde ... BUT ... vehicles wont save anything except fuel. After restart, the whole inventory of the vehicle is gone. On all vehicles .... anyone else got that problem? This is serious.

couple things, arma 2 is not a stat tracking game, never was, but then again dayz has some stats to track like zombie kills/murders/bandit kills.

so uppon making the mod they made it so that players are getting rewarded to track their stats ingame with a monitor.

if it never was the intention to put a so called debug window in the game, then why put it IN the game at all?

cause now it seems that the dayz staff is robbing our gameplay, as the game was from version 1.0 till 1.7.2.6 months, months and months was a tracking stats game.

tell me why should i kill a zombie now? why should i kill a survivor now? or why should i kill a bandit now? if we do NOT have anything to see what we are doing or have done...

i am not colour blind but to see if i am under or above 9000 blood is really hard to see its a 1 hit and your unconcious.

and another thing i do not like is the auto-save feature tents are found everyday and you lucky if you find a second rangefinder for a friend in only 3 weeks time. put it in a tent to pick it up later and its gone cause somebody found it.

and dont get me started over the combat system... this patch is like killing the gameplay so hackers will stop playing cause the mod simply sucks atm?

my days in dayz are counted farewell!

Edited by TPFir3fox85

[...]if it never was the intention to put a so called debug window in the game, then why put it IN the game at all?[...]

To easily see whether things work (for debugging purposes) and allow players to know certain things before a better way of displaying it is implemented (placeholder).

[...]cause now it seems that the dayz staff is robbing our gameplay, as the game was from version 1.0 till 1.7.2.6 months, months and months was a tracking stats game.[...]

They had a leaderboard on the site before, I presume they intend to reenable that at some point. Besides, during development other features can be added or removed as well; at least you got some months of statistics maxing.

[...]tell me why should i kill a zombie now? why should i kill a survivor now? or why should i kill a bandit now? if we do NOT have anything to see what we are doing or have done...[...]

• To save yourself or a friend/ally from being munched on or shot?
  • You need to clear a path to get some loot.
  • You just get a thrill from it.
  • For ideological or religious reasons.
  • For practice.

[...]i am not colour blind but to see if i am under or above 9000 blood is really hard to see its a 1 hit and your unconcious.[...]

Yes. Considering the community is involved more now, you could suggest some changes to it. Overlay a percentage? Change the colour range?

[...]and another thing i do not like is the auto-save feature tents are found everyday and you lucky if you find a second rangefinder for a friend in only 3 weeks time. put it in a tent to pick it up later and its gone cause somebody found it.[...]

So you want tents to be like a personal bank? Better do your best at hiding it.

[...]and dont get me started over the combat system... this patch is like killing the gameplay so hackers will stop playing cause the mod simply sucks atm?[...]

Why would the hackers stop playing if their prey can no longer escape?

[...]my days in dayz are counted farewell![...]

Aww, it was just another farewell post? I have a feeling you'll return to see how many people would take the bait, though.

• Like 1

if it never was the intention to put a so called debug window in the game, then why put it IN the game at all?

It's called a "debug" window for a reason. See HulkingUnicorn's explanation above.

i am not colour blind but to see if i am under or above 9000 blood is really hard to see its a 1 hit and your unconcious.

I don't know if the devs intended for the blood indicator to be ambiguous or not, but either way I agree that the 9000-blood level should be more clearly marked. I think a simple change to the icon's color palette is all it would take to fix this, just make the 6000-9000 range a distinct yellow gradient (for example).

my days in dayz are counted farewell!

I've always understood DayZ to be a work in progress. Despite it being a mod in alpha stage it's already very playable a lot of fun for me, but there's also no doubt that working out all the bugs, exploits and game mechanics requires patience on the part of the community. It's worth the effort tho because of all the hard work the devs are putting into this. If you don't like it then that's a shame but so be it. Farewell.

• Like 1

and another thing i do not like is the auto-save feature tents are found everyday and you lucky if you find a second rangefinder for a friend in only 3 weeks time. put it in a tent to pick it up later and its gone cause somebody found it.

That's exactly the point. Having your stuff reappear after someone else takes it is duping. If you don't want someone to steal it, carry it in your backpack or hide your tent REALLY well.

• Like 2

Since dat 1.7.3 update on my server, the tents are working finde ... BUT ... vehicles wont save anything except fuel. After restart, the whole inventory of the vehicle is gone. On all vehicles .... anyone else got that problem? This is serious.

No problems with vehicles saving things on my server,

A what? Whenever I browse through the translations and meanings for 'clip' it never comes even close to anything related with ammunition or magazines/ammunition belts.

It's not a 'clip', it's a magazine or ammunition belt. Damned! A clip is for revolvers, so that you do not have to reload every chamber singlehanded, but can refill each at once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_%28ammunition%29

tell me why should i kill a zombie now? why should i kill a survivor now? or why should i kill a bandit now? if we do NOT have anything to see what we are doing or have done...

If the little numbers at the top right corner of your screen were the only reasons you were pulling the trigger, then you've been playing the game wrong, It's not their fault that you've been playing it like it's call of fucking duty. It's your fault, and yours alone. If this isn't the game you like, go find one that you do.

His point is still valid. A clip is something that doesn't 'contain' ammunituion, rather instead just holds it together before the ammo is inserted into the firearm or magazine. Magazine is in fact the correct term.

In fact, the very first thing the wiki article says is: " Not to be confused with Magazine (firearms)."

Edited by TheCapulet

If I use magazine to hold my ammo before inserting them to a firearm it can be called clip? <_<

* [REMOVED] MV22 Got removed during testing devs felt it lacked perpose in the game.

Damn it, why are they removing the Osprey from the community patch? This would've been one of the most awesome vehicles to have in the game, and truly something to strive for. Keep it in please!

Edited by MarkvA

If I use magazine to hold my ammo before inserting them to a firearm it can be called clip? <_<

No.

Hi all! Can some one help me with this error from hive?

[Warning] Error getting config: 'Connection refused', retrying in 1 sec

server works fine exept hive monitor window. tryed all, reinstall differend patches and server files. still the same error

pls help, thx

Edited by endreu

Experiencing heavy desync issues on 1.7.3. Ran about half an hour from A to B, logged out and I'm at A, with all my loot I had had (killed a player on my way to B, took some of his stuff). This really sucks. Me and friends got it several times.

• Like 1