billyangstadt

Please, stop building villages everywhere

This isn't rural Los Angeles.

As this rate, there will be so many villages, there will be no secluded areas to set up camp. The small corner of the NW is started to fade now with these new additions.

I realize you need to keep adding, but expand the map first...it's already cluttered.

• Like 13

Disagree. 

Over the years I've better luck hiding tents in towns. 

Bring 'em on!

• Like 2

They should add more islands and an archipelago down south, since there's sooooo much unused area in water. And maybe a civilian airstrip or secret Soviet bunker thing down there too. Though that should probably only happen once boats are in.

• Like 1

There's already miles between towns. It would be quite some time before DayZ got crowded with towns.

More towns would be good. So you can set up camp in between towns while traversing the 200+ km that DayZ covers.

There's already miles between towns. It would be quite some time before DayZ got crowded with towns.

More towns would be good. So you can set up camp in between towns while traversing the 200+ km that DayZ covers.

You are slightly incorrect.

The whole of South Zagoria is 225 square kilometers, not 200 kilometers across.

There is also only a couple of kilometers between towns.

• Like 2

I think it's awesome they are building new places! When the central loot economy was partly working we already saw it's more fun to move around. Not saying I don't move now, but I usually have a clear target. I kinda liked the strolling around from before. Plus the new villages are purpose build for Dayz wheras the southern cities are just slightly modified Arma II sites. It's always gonna be like this, some parts feel like they are getting too much attention, but in the end it will all come together. At least to some extent. We probably won't all get exactly the game we expected, but what other games do that? Dayz is just a cool game that lives from the map. I spend a lot of time in the north when I still had reason to. Now I lunge around between camp and loot spots. I don't take time to smell the roses ^^

• Like 1

I miss the actual travelling and wishing that I had a vehicle.

In the mod you would hit a village and it either had valuable loot or not. If not - time to travel. Now with shitload of new loot spawns that is not needed at all. Could we at least have proper zombie counts? Hordes in the cities?

That way: small village - small risk, small reward

City - high risk, high reward

..//..

algdol.jpg

xx

• Like 8

I do agree there should be more woodlands.

algdol.jpg

xx

:beans:

@OP; im somewhere inbetween. some Areas do seem a tiny bit too crowded and would maybe be  better off without the most boring and generic villages.

Most of the changes however are really neat. I really cant complain about the NW part, i think they did a wonderful job; villages "fit" in much better than the ones just outside the shore.

Edited by halp

One thing I would like to see is denser woods, not revamping the whole map of course.  Just more patches of evergreens and thick brush scattered throughout the map, away from roads and *flat* so you can pitch a few tents and hide a truck.

• Like 5

When there are more choices of vehicles and even a few more houses to duck into that would help. Yes, it's not rural Los Angeles. But it is a game. And games should have things to occupy your attention with. Not just running around for hours with nothing to find or do. Not much to ask for really.

• Like 1

That's a good thread, pilgrim. Thanks for sharing it.

Over the long haul I can see DayZ being expanded by having an entirely new location. For instance, having a DayZ take place in another country. That would open up playability of DayZ for years to come.

• Like 1

I think after they implement barricading we might understand essece of multiple towns?

• Like 2

I like the idea of building forts, etc. And the implementation of vehicles. I think vehicles should spawn different places each day. This would create a balance between players access to vehicles.

Actually the whole province Chernarus is much smaller than many capitals (or big cities) around the world. New York City is about four times bigger and Moscow's area is then times bigger than whole Chernarus. In comparison to the real world, even Berezino or Chernogorsk are only quite little settlements. Also, it only takes half an hour to cross the whole province by foot. How much time alone do you need in real life to WALK into the next town? Or even crossing a city with 40.000 inhabitants by foot from one 'border' to the opposite border (even without traffic lights and all that) by foot may take longer than crossing whole Chernarus.

As this rate, there will be so many villages, there will be no secluded areas to set up camp. The small corner of the NW is started to fade now with these new additions.

I realize you need to keep adding, but expand the map first...it's already cluttered.

While I'm sorry you feel this way - the environment team has a set roadmap ahead of them, and a clear vision. I assure you there will still be a heavy majority of the terrain across Chernarus+ that is pure forest.

• Like 2

While I'm sorry you feel this way - the environment team has a set roadmap ahead of them, and a clear vision. I assure you there will still be a heavy majority of the terrain across Chernarus+ that is pure forest.

hej hicks. any chance to get your environment team to give us a small sneak-peek of what their vision is, or what to expect in the short/mid-term for the upcoming dev-blog? cheers

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Anyone noticed the reduction in the total number of trees across the map ?

Also - In the days of the mod, forested areas often had a thicker border of trees and bushes (remember?)  - this gave an impression of denser forest

Now as well as the built up areas there is more open ground.

The forests are very much reduced, and overall they are thinner.. many forested areas you can see right through from one side to the other.

It would be great if just two or three of the remaining forest areas were double thickness, so there was no line of sight and you couldn't drive a truck through  them .

• Like 1

Full agree. The Map is much too small for all these villages.  So.. PLEASE,PLEAAASE HICKS_206, expand the Chernarus Map Size!!!

MFG. XeL

I'm personally content with the city to woodland ratio in the game's current state.

& I have faith in the dev team & their vision. I wouldn't be too concerned about it really.  B)

• Like 1

I'm content with the number of towns and cities DayZ has. I disagree with the OP.

I too am interested in seeing DayZ expanded to other countries. It would grow the DayZ experience in so many ways.

OP needs to bug off. The game is a lot more interesting now with the extra villages. No longer can I wander around the woods and roads for 6 hours without running into anything interesting. If you actually like that crap, then I suggest playing deer hunter or something.

OP needs to bug off. The game is a lot more interesting now with the extra villages. No longer can I wander around the woods and roads for 6 hours without running into anything interesting. If you actually like that crap, then I suggest playing deer hunter or something.

yup

The north areas are far better now then back in older ver. And the same people said, to stop building then TOO.