rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

Has to be the stupidest thing i've ever encountered in a game, ever.

What am I to do if a zed hears/sees me and I don't have anything to fend him off with?

You can't avoid them forever, you know.

And they are everywhere.

Finding a gun is virtually impossible if you want to avoid detection from a zed.

My past 4 lives have been deaths from zeds because I can't scavenge a gun with them all around me. They're so aware.

So all it is a big death fest, unless you're extremelly lucky and find a gun.

Edited by Raistlin

It's a tough world, deal with it bitch.

Oh and thanks for creating another addition to the spam of duplicate topics. 'cause we all thought everything was cool until you came along and politely informed us of this urgent issue.

Edited by Quagmire
  • Like 6

It's also a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

Where's the fun in dieing 50 times because you can't fend something off?

There is no fun.

Finding a gun is easy if you know what you are doing.

This isn't like a generic shooter you see nowadays. You don't see babies being born with a gun in their hands.

Funny since i have not had any trouble with this, hatchets are easy to find, silent and kill zeds in one hit.

As for the zombies detection, it does make it more challenging but still not that much harder.

It is pretty easy to get away from zeds now, just run though a building then hide.

Also its not a game, it's an anti-game ;)

Edited by Scene
  • Like 1

There is no fun.

It's not a game. It's a survival simulation. Suck it up buttercup.

Granted, it's a tough time to be a newcomer to the game with the current zombies I'd imagine. Just chill buddy, and try again when it gets tweaked in a day or two.

Ignore Quagmire.

Why not get a gun that has 1 magazine?

Pros: Stand some sort of a chance against spawnkillers, able to fend off a few zombies if you get caught in their sniper vision.

Cons: Being able to kill other people who randomly spawn near you might get chaotic, initial survival factor drops ten-fold.

Edit:

It's not a game, per se. It's an alpha you're lucky enough to be testing right now.

No. We're not lucky. We actually paid to test this. There is no waiting list Anybody can pay to test it provided they fork over the Arma 2 fee of $25-$30.

It's not a game. It's a survival simulation. Suck it up buttercup.

It's not a survival simulation, it's a game.

Edited by SirAdmiral

Funny you should mention fun after I just watched "Rocket" (Creator of this mod) say he never designed this mod to be fun. He designed it to be frustrating and agonizing and for determination and will to survive.

Theres all kinds of tips available for bypassing detection.

For example, just like humans can, they can see you if there staring straight at you, even in crouch. Going prone makes this range a LOT less. And so does moving slowly, as running gives you away from faaaar distances.

Like I have said before, this isn't the "Elder Scrolls" where you are the uber l33t shadow of death who can stand in front of peoples faces and not be seen.

It takes work, many people complain like this daily, and a few days later, NORMALLY, they are like...Ohh, duh, common sense and practice.

It's really easy to find weapons, if you know where to look.

(Barns carry shotguns, hatchets, crossbows, military areas carry military gear, grochery stores carry food and basic supplies)

Only tips you need: Stay down, stay quite, stay patient.

• Like 1

It isn't that difficult to train Z's in a build then walk out the other door but getting rid of the makarov was pretty stupid in my opinion all they needed to do was drop the starting mag count to 1-2

No. We're not lucky. We actually paid to test this. There is no waiting list Anybody can pay to test it provided they fork over the Arma 2 fee of $25-$30.

Yes, you are very lucky. It's very rare when an alpha is publicly available.

You paid for Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, Not this mod.

This is a mod, not a game.

• Like 3

No.

It is a survival simulation, created off of an army simulation.

You did NOT pay to play DayZ, you paid for Arma 2/Co/Arrowhead.

Ignore Quagmire.

Why not get a gun that has 1 magazine?

Pros: Stand some sort of a chance against spawnkillers, able to fend off a few zombies if you get caught in their sniper vision.

Cons: Being able to kill other people who randomly spawn near you might get chaotic, initial survival factor drops ten-fold.

Edit:

Con: Very small percentage of humans have access to guns or even know how to use them. And rocket has said this isn't supposed to be fun.

Your fault for buying a game specifically for a mod. Again: Suck it up buttercup.

+1 for insulting random people on the internet for no reason!

@topic: It's part of what makes this game special. I died several times before finding my first gun but it helped me because you really learn to respect the game and it's harsh environment.

Don't worry you'll get the hang of it soon enough ;)

Granted, it's a tough time to be a newcomer to the game with the current zombies I'd imagine. Just chill buddy, and try again when it gets tweaked in a day or two.

Pretty much. Even before playing DayZ I watched enough videos of it that once I started I avoided most of the Noob errors. I was a little concerned when No Gun was implemented, but I had been playing for a few weeks already and when faced with the task it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. That said, I was fully familiar with how Z act to buildings, what places to avoid, etc.Something Noobs haven't figured out yet.

• Like 1

YES

It's the best way to learn in this game, otherwise you'll be running in the city so happy because you have a gun.

Yes, you are very lucky. It's very rare when an alpha is publicly available.

You paid for Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, Not this mod.

This is a mod, not a game.

Someone else gets it. Thanks for not being a retard.

As for SirAdmiral, you made the choice to buy Arma 2 to play DayZ in it's alpha phase. If you're unfamiliar with what an alpha is, that's on you Chief.

I thought the same thing for quite awhile after they took away the starting gun, but then I learned where to look to find guns. Now I am not without a gun for long at all.

leave the weapon spawn out

it's currently fine as is - don't need to worry about handgun gunfights at start zones and dudes instantly trying to chase down the most geared guy in early cities

it's really not THAT difficult to find a melee weapon - let alone a weapon - this shouldn't be a game of instant gratification otherwise it ruins the core

Edited by ih8

I love spawning without a weapon.....it's just that much more grittier to play. You really have to work on things....go for empty cans/bottles to divert the zeds away from your focus. THINK! Patience! plan! This game does not, will not hold your hand for you to gain anything! You must work for it...and die to realise your mistakes!

THis isnt for everyone. but it's for everyone!

I actually think it was a good idea to take away your weapons, this way it forces you to explore more, allows new players to team up if they run across each other as they both can't kill one another, and it forces you to explore further into dangerous areas in order to grab your weapons.

There is no fun.

One of those words has far too many vowels.

• Like 1

I can't believe people are still dying to zombies. They have become as easy as heck to avoid now considering you can actually lose them vs the previous zombies which would chase you across the map even if you drove a car away.

If anything zombies need some sort of a buff so they are actually a threat instead of being able to PvP in CQC situations while ignoring the zombies entirely. I've taken to picking up gear with zombies on my tail because of how easy they are to avoid now.