rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

Hear me out...

It's one of the most intriguing suggestions I've seen. I considered it right at the start of the project. With the new zombie line-of-sight calculations and the ability to loose them, this might actually work

PRO:

- People spawning in can't quickly get into griefing

- Recovering your old loot becomes difficult and risky

- Add's a whole new element and gameplay at the start

- Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?

CON:

- It's fucking annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun (believe me, I just tried it)

- You can spawn many times before you actually have a life that finds a weapon

- Hackers, for the moment, will reveille in this change until their loopholes are closed

In twenty words or less, formatted with YES or NO in caps the line above, say your thoughts on trying this out

For the sake of efficiency, I will delete all posts that don't follow the above exactly, or don't add anything to the argument. It's not a poll, its a discussion. If you don't have anything to ADD then please don't post.

• Like 7

YES

This mod has been built around being hard-core, and more difficult than anything we've ever seen. Each new addition has added its own challenges, and made the experience more intense. At the very least, this could be experimented with for a short period as a trial run.

YES

I really love the wasteland mission file for this reason it adds the sense of ok now i have to find somthing to do anything i dont have starter tool gives a real sense of adventure not to mention the pro's and con's listed above

NO

Bandits shooting at newly spawned survivors wouldn't have to fear being shot at anymore.

NO

People with weapons get free spawn gear (food, bandages, morphine) without threat. Weapons already scarce. Adds nothing to the game (except frustration).

YES

Try it, see how it works I would say.

There is another CON

-You are more vulnirble to those who already have a weapon and a bad state of mind, bandits I mean, you will become easy target for them :)

YES

Try it' date=' see how it works I would say.

There is another CON

-You are more vulnirble to those who already have a weapon and a bad state of mind, bandits I mean, you will become easy target for them :)

[/quote']

not if you dont have anything on you there is no monetary gain besides just killing to kill and most people dont do that

YES

as long as we start with less other stuff. start with maybe painkillers, a can of pop and a can of beans only. no morphine because who really has morphine in their house?

NO

IRL you can still defend yourself with brute force (fists, body tackle) if necessary, until that is implemented, do not make players completely defenceless

I like it, makes it alot harder.

Players might care about there Character in the first 20 mins....

Its in Alpha just keep it coming "but campers might get all the BEANS they want"

v

v

v

v

YES

The idea would create some more authenticity. However, in such case, I think it would be good to introduce more weapon spawn places, or something like a melee weapon.

People with weapons get free spawn gear (food' date=' bandages, morphine) without threat. Weapons already scarce.

[/quote']

This is a very good point.

NO

realistic yes' date=' but the start is tough as is, but with no gun?. Could be interesting with the 1.7.1 changes though.

[/quote']

you really think the start is tough atm?

YES

But make spawn locations more sporadic to prevent obvious places for farming noobs!

• Like 1

YES

Try it' date=' see how it works I would say.

There is another CON

[/quote']

not if you dont have anything on you there is no monetary gain besides just killing to kill and most people dont do that

Well this is were I can proof you wrong, I've been killed so many times just for the killing and not for my beans or anything else on me:) Belive me there will be some killing just for the hell of it :)

NO

realistic yes' date=' but the start is tough as is, but with no gun?. Could be interesting with the 1.7.1 changes though.

[/quote']

you really think the start is tough atm?

with the new zombies it may well be

NO

crosses the line b/w realism and fun. traveling/searching is the most tedious mechanic, don't expand upon that if you're looking for more hardcore gameplay

YES

Finding someone to team up with who has a gun has incentive, and the person who has the gun feels more inclined to be "trusting".

NO

I like the train of thought behind it but the Chernarus coastline will look like the D-Day landings.

YES

Got debug killed, only had camo. Best sessions I have had. Still going strong..

Also the guy I am most proud of.

NO

There's no melee combat in the game, so this would make freshly spawned players completely defenseless against zombies.