rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

....as soon as you pull only 1 Zombie' date=' you can respawn, because you HAVE to run away and you WILL attract other Zombies by running away...it's really frustrating to be defenseless.

[/quote']

You can hide from them now. Try running around a building, then go stealthy.

You can hide from them now. Try running around a building' date=' then go stealthy.

[/quote']

I do. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't :/

Usually it does not work in small villages, because there are many Z's in a small area.

Yes

I never got to play before this change was made so maybe I just don't know any better but I like the challenge of having no gun, It added alot to my experience.

I will say however that I do agree that having NO way to defend your self starting out is a little odd. It was said earlier but having everyone start with a 2x4 or something would ease alot of frustrations with the decision but not unbalance things much if at all.

I love the change, but with the implementation of melee weapons, maybe we could have random starting melee weapons instead? It's much more likely someone might have an axe or crowbar laying around at home.. maybe even add more melee's if possible (baseball bat, shovel)

YES, just make Makarovs and food a little easier to find than at the moment

Simple answer: NO

only frustrating and u cant defend youreself = many deaths before having fun!

YES

I don't like handouts. Other players are the biggest concern. Avoiding zombies isnt an issue. Being shot in the face by a new person who spawned behind you is.

I dont find authentic at all that trained 'soldiers' dont have any kind of gun, but most (if not all) farmers have shotguns, crossbows and sometimes even sniper rifles.

Having said that, I dont really mind spawning without a weapon.

Awesome. Makes it so you need to play smarter. No noobs camping coast for easy kills. Keep it :)

Spawning with out a weapon is....AWESOME

I had a 40+ hour character and I got sniped last night which sucked but w/e. I got to spawn on the beach with nothing and it was awesome.

The only really stressful thing about it was once i had some good stuff I didnt have bandages. (This is awesome too)

YES

I haven't experienced it any other way, but it leads to interesting scenarios. It leads to players being forced to use melee weapons a lot more, and I think one thing I'd ask for is more variety for melee weapons.

My only reservation about spawning without a weapon is that it does nothing to curb the bean wars that happen in the coast. Now, Zeds and loot spawns can be tweaked/fixed to make it less frustrating to get anywhere when you freshly spawn but people still shoot on sight. And now you're defenseless.

XD i gear up in 10 minutes with basic gears ( revolver/makarov/1911 and czsh BP/Alicepack)

ANY times i respawn. 15 minutes maximum.

=get better

Simple answer: NO

only frustrating and u cant defend youreself = many deaths before having fun!

the simple fact you have to find gear at spawn is FUN, if you don't find it funny, you'll prolly never have fun in this game

XD i gear up in 10 minutes with basic gears ( revolver/makarov/1911 and czsh BP/Alicepack)

ANY times i respawn. 15 minutes maximum.

=get better

Calling BS or extreme luck on this one. The chances of you getting a sidearm and a backpack within even half an hour are pretty low. I'm lucky if I find one or the other.

Yeah same, I rarely find a sideram as it is and I haven't even found a new backpack yet!

NO

Love every other update except this. Makes the game too tedious & annoying.

YES

I feel that the game is more fun and reminds me of the 'retro' games which I used to enjoy.

NO

Who has a handgun at home? I DO. And a shotgun and a rifle and every "tool" in game.

Having tried the mod for the first time three days ago it was at first a bit frustrating, not being able to defend myself but... Once I found myself a hatchet It felt ... Incredibly rewarding.

TL;DR any initial frustration is replaced with immense satisfaction upon first weapon found.