rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Good news, but I'm still reluctant to say it is gone.

There was a post before saying it was still there. I need lots of feedback on this before I can confirm it, and we'll post on twitter. SU won't go live for a few hours at least to give server hosting companies time to update.

Good news, but I'm still reluctant to say it is gone.

There was a post before saying it was still there. I need lots of feedback on this before I can confirm it, and we'll post on twitter. SU won't go live for a few hours at least to give server hosting companies time to update.

I am still seeing this at Starey mil tents, seems worse than before (I didn't get close enough to them to see exactly what was causing it). A flush cleared it though. I definitely updated all files. Also vehicles are not saving properly, they change into other types or disappear completely on server restarts.

Edited by Zeds_Undead_baby

Just my experience so far with this patch (FEEDBACK FOR ROCKET):

Experiencing longer load times to get in servers - Servers I didn't get stuck on "Loading" in 1.7.2.4 I now do in .2.5

Unknown about the graphical glitch fix (haven't played much due to the long load times) - usually fixed it with the vsync on/off trick or texture quality trick in .2.4

Unknown about ammo count, but I noticed in .2.4 it WAS keeping track of used ammo since one of the latest betas came out (not the current one, maybe 2 before the current one?)

I'll update with more info as I can when I get more play time and not get hung on loading screens.

Edited by kicktd

Still got the graphical glitches coming from dead soldiers.

I never had them from barbed wire and that doesn't seem to have changed.

No ammo issues.

Seems to be harder to join a server, like it was back in the 1.6 days.

Running 1.7.2.5 with beta 95883

Cheers, keep up the good work :thumbsup: :)

I am getting graphics errors on 95883, but downgrading to 95819 made them go away? Running ATI HD 6990 on win7 64 bit enterprise

Zombies are moving a lot smoother now.

Was this introduced in this patch? Can't find it on the changelogs.

They're still zig-zagging but it's much better now.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 1

Any fix for the tents, vehicles and helicopters included? They still aren't saving items no matter if saved or not. And the chopper just respawns unrepaired after server restart. Just asking so far.. Bugs are still present and the server is always up to date.

PLEASE FIX DAT!

• Like 2

If you updated to 1.7.2.5. Right now you need to only join updated servers. 1.7.3.5 / arma 819 or higher. If you join a server with 1.7.2.4 you will stuck in loading. When u alt-f4 out or end task out. Next server you join you will respawn on the beach!

Regarding graphic and artifacts, with nvidia cards, you can alt-tab out into windows and go back in. It should fix all the graphic glitches and artifacts. It's a common arma 2 direct x 9 issue.

I hope this help some of you.

My game is running flawlessly on 1.7.2.5 servers. Loading is down 30%

Keep up the good work.

Hi Rocket, the consensus is that the Graphical Artifact issue is not fixed. It also does not seem linked to any specific ARMA 2 Beta Builds. Users are still getting the problem in 1.7.2.5 on builds from 1.62.95248, 1.62.95310, 1.62.95389, 1.62.95417, 1.62.95660, 1.62.95724, 1.62.95777, 1.62.95819, 1.62.95883.

Some even are getting them in Cherno itself.

This info was collected from 40 people whom submitted some details on a quick Google Web Form I stuck up.

Cheers!

keep up the good work, can you also ask them how they installed? manually or with six? and also if possible for those 40 ppl, check out some servers, NL36 which is my home server does not give me the artifacting, went to cherno and balota and all clear, only problem is barb wire, but after having artifacting from dead soldiers i can damn well live with the barbed wire for now :)

beans from me to you.

I know this wasn't in the patch notes but still randomly being spawned on the coast instead of where I last quit the game, a tad annoying.

Well, I still having the glitch problem. I've already tried with the default video settings, seems it works at the first time but I changed something later and bye. Maybe my fault. I will try the next time without change anything.

Can more people test if with default video settings it fixes the problem? And write here the result.

About the suggestions of vsync off, doesn't works for me, same with AA.

Thank you all. I open for any test or any suggestion.

I got artifacts on Stary and close to NW Airfield as well so far...

**EDIT**

Here are some screenshots :

*Note It seemed like the wires are the problem in this case, as soon as i passed them I could see the whole airfield clearly.

1. http://imageshack.us/f/833/arma2oa2012081200234539.jpg/

2. http://imageshack.us/f/534/arma2oa2012081200112986.jpg/

3. http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6629/arma2oa2012081200123037.jpg

4. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3863/arma2oa2012081200234915.jpg

Edited by Epic117

I can confirm that the artifacts are still an issue. I didn't have any issues with artifacts in 1.7.2.4 so this patch actually introduced them to the game for me personally.

Also, a little feedback about the slower zeds, I like that they don't run like crazy mofos on crack anymore, but I think they're way too easy to deal with now for a person thats played day z for more than a day. It'll help the noobs out a lot but vet players like myself aren't ever going to have troubles with zeds now. You can out run them while crouch running. I think the compensate for their slower speeds, you should add more zeds. That'd be a little more fun I think. Zombies in most movies/comics/books etc. aren't ever really threatening due to their speed, they're threatening due to their sheer numbers. I think it'd be cool to have huge mobs of zombies swarming around.

Any feedback on graphical glitches being gone or not would be very greatly appreciated. If we can confirm they are gone I will announce the update on twitter and we will release on SU.

NOT gone. Encountered the bug at the barn / fuel tank ~500m north of the north barracks at NWAF. The one near the deer stand. Also coming from somewhere towards the fire station at NWAF when I was standing next to the north barracks.

• Like 1

1st log in with 1275, and I can't look at the horizon, without big ass triangles.. done a maual flush ( shift and double tap - twice on the keypad, then release shift and quickly type 'flush')... no glitches since

Reset your gfx options to force a flush, or do a manual flush.. seems to have sorted it out for me anyway..

Edited by Skinman

Yes - I have artifacts too.

Near stary sobor these are fucking horrible - I almost considered alt-f4 (I never do that) while running from zeds there.

Why can't the devs simply remove these models from game until it is 100% certain that the issue is fixed.

All those saying that sixlauncher is broken and not updating, you need to re read the first post. The update has NOT been pushed to sixlauncher until enough feedback has been gotten on the graphic glitches.

By the looks of it the update won't be pushed to it anytime soon either.

HI, ive had a 2 problems

One where i get logged in and can see the white dots tht show u where zeds etc are all over the screen, i can see zeds through walls and stuff

and i am constantly getting spawned at the coast as if starting a fresh game but with all my stuff, really frustrating as i cant do anything cause the next time i log in im miles away!! this happened twice within 3 hrs or so!

can safely say no artifacts tho!

and yes, everything is updated correctly

About midday (gmt +2) I managed log in many servers

Now time is 23.00 and I cant log any servers. Loading window just stay forever.

I have

1.7.2.5 and beta 95883 and I try log in servers with same versions.

I replaced all the files in the DayZ folder with the new ones from the torrent. I can get past the server screen that lists the players, but get a loading message after that. Loading.... but I never get into the game. I've tried several servers.

I am pretty sure that this has to do with the latest beta patch 95883. when i have this one installed I get stuck at loading screen almost every time. when i roll back to 95819 I never got stuck yet. but there are many servers running 95883 already, so thats problematic. anyway I think that hardly anybody will read this. questions or suggestions are hardly read or replied to here. but maybe it helps that about 950 people said that they still have graphics issues? (to make my irony explicit ----> I am sure that rocket NOW knows that the graphics issue still exists)

Edited by CommanderBoiled

[FIXED] Excessive logging of player data in server logs (Disabled https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38784 )

Is this the thing were if you are "server hopping" you will respawn on the coast? Just wandering because a few people have been making posts on the forums about it....

Also

[broken] Broken the AS50 because people keep whining about it.

This better not be true i will be super pissed.

As an update to my eternal load message problem, I have tried v4 and v5 servers. It makes no difference, I cannot get into the game no matter which patch the server is running.

One where i get logged in and can see the white dots tht show u where zeds etc are all over the screen, i can see zeds through walls and stuff

That means you are playing on a recruit or regular server (one of the two).