rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

am not even bothering installing this till it goes on six launcher, tried doing it manually with no luck what so ever, completely stopped me getting into any servers. yay

lol, I hope the standalone game doesnt have these stupid patch issues.....

• Like 1

-Graphic glitches

-Ammo still exploitable

-Character location screwed (spawned on the other edge of the map)

-Vehicle location bugged (lost 2 vehicles)

-I Like the new Humanity-System (Hero Skin looks pretty sick)

mmm plus it seems that the new patch does not detect hacks I just got killed by some guys with two chopers on a legit 1.2.7.5 serv...

Yay another complete Rocket failure! ...Thanks for Beta testing your patch again with the (S)ame 50 or so carbon copied computers to really test the various different environments the patches run on.

rocket hasn't learned from his past mistake(s), I fear his standalone will not be any better

I don't understand why he doesn't use this vast community for the betterment of the mod, im sure hundreds would be willing to help beta test new patches for him any time of day!

...its probably time for a break given rocket cant clean up his own graphical glitch mess.

Wow I haven't seen this much snap homo fan boi defense in a long time

Fact one, Rocket broke the game when he introduced the graphical glitch, fact two Rocket was unable to fix the problem over the course of two weeks.

Rocket stated when he first released the broken patch that it was tested on no more than 50 machines, meaning Rocket is putting his patches through some Q/A before release into his Alpha Mod

This should be a good thing, but it's now proven that his methods are incredibly lacking

If you took your head out of Rockets ass for one second you would see that he is doing more harm than good, and he needs to take more people from the community in for patch Q/A testing before release

You say we are testing the patch, and that's true, but we are also testing to see if Rocket is competent enough to take this game to the next step (standalone) and he has shown a "million" Players as you say, that he can't fix his own mistakes.

Sure ammo got fixed, but the one bug that has been making areas unplayable remains, when it was his goal to fix it before the weekend.

for 10 cans of beans will you leave forever? Edited by playZ
  • Like 10

Having a bit of an issue here. I put the files from the torrent in Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/@DayZ/addons, replacing then with the ones that were already there. Now, whenever I join a server running 1.7.2.5 I get stuck at the loading screen. Unless this is Rocket's idea of "optimizations to the login process," I'm assuming I did something wrong.

Last night SixLauncher told me there was an update to DayZ (I didn't have time to play when I installed the update manually that morning), but it still said I was running 1.7.2.4 when it was done. Did SixLauncher revert all of my files to 1.7.2.4 again? Is that my problem?

Does anybody have a mirror for this? The torrent is giving me error 500, and the SE mirror is downloading at 6.6Kbps. Slooooooow.

Patched two computers, when installing the Betas I used six-launcher for one machine and the beta update page for the other machine. The machine done via six-launcher ran well the other couldnt connect, when I copied across the beta folder from other machine both machines are now working correctly.

Downloaded Dayz torrent and used that on both machines.

One thing to note, the buggy beta version way also caused dayz to revert back to 1.7.2.4 after launching once, when I fixed the beta it also fixed this bug ?

Graphics, thought initially they were fixed however No, in some cases (Balota Airfield) it was much much worse. Am running a GTX 570, video memory set to default. Other machine has a ATI, it too is bugging out however both machines seem to glitch in different areas. Both have latest video drivers installed.

Takes forever to log in, HOWEVER when you do finally get in, respawns are much quicker.

Am loving the skins and Humanity :)

Am spawning on the beach each time. Kills reset.

Zombies seem fine, I died once due to being overwhelmed by them, not sure if they were bumped up in numbers but either way they were tougher which was great :)

Havent stayed alive long enough to test the ammo.

• Like 1

Graphical glitches persist

(see link for screenshot near Balota, also at bridge SE of Berenzino, Berenzino hospital, Berenzino Military tents, NWAF)

No change in graphics settings or flushing graphics memory helped.

No graphical glitches at deer stands with razor wire around Berenzino

I spawned at the beach three time now after updating, even though i'm disconnecting somewhere else)

Ammo count is working on M240 belts in main inventory but not in backpack.

Tents seem to be loading less frequently on the server I usually play on.

Pigs can now sprint hilariously

https://dl.dropbox.c...11-00-58-95.bmp

System Info:

ARMA2 on steam + retail OA,

beta:95883

Graphics Card: XFX HD-685X-ZNDC Radeon HD 6850 1GB w/ latest drivers

Windows 7

Edited by Rollonio

I updated my six launcher but have yet to play. I've been watching other peoples comments and I'm worried that if I log back in my current player is going to get screwed in some way.

A question though, how long does a logged out player last without being played before being deleted? Basically, before I have to start over, or is there no limit?

Graphics problems still exist.

Ended up being spawned at the beach with all my gear at least once.

Does anybody have a mirror for this? The torrent is giving me error 500, and the SE mirror is downloading at 6.6Kbps. Slooooooow.

this DayZ-1.7.2.5.rar file.

Edited by playZ

It seems that some players are still experiencing the glitches and some are perfectly fine. I hope the devs get to fix this so that we can all be happy. :)

Everything is working fine for me except my humanity resets to zero every time I log-in.

Latest arma patch

its just an alpha, i think in a few patches the game will run better, maybe rocket should take some help with some other modders or from the bohemia team that they help him with his mod, or later with the standalone game

I used Dayz Commander to update everything, Versions all say they are the latest and I still have graphic Glitches, I was looking north from road to Bolota Airfield. Sometimes on last version after restarting the game it was perfect all day no problems, Other times Id turn v sinc of or change something in the graphic options that would "Refresh" the screen and it would come good. But yeah. Going to try the download and past the files like u suggested.

I am the latest version on arma and dayz. The server the same from what I see. It is weird. I can get to the barracks area on the east side of the nwaf looking south. Right.about there it freaks out more then it has before.

As we drove by down the road north of the balota airstrip. Anytime I looked southeast the video wigged out.

i have no car/something fast for glitch-hunting :-) so i only checked balota airfield. there was no glitches. but 2 mins later i had some glitches north from balota

http://www.abload.de...1117-386rh9.jpg

me : beta 95883

server : 95883

Edited by Messad

1) Installed trough torrent after giving up on commander's glacial d/l speed. Played on RU/SE/DE servers.

2) Artifacts seem to be gone.

3) No problem logging in/out or any weird teleports, logging in really fast now.

4) Love smoother Infected movement.

5) Have not had a chance to look at new skins yet as I'm wearing camo.

Still get Graphical glitch after a fresh install.

I deleted all arma files and folders.

Downloaded Arma2 and OA.

Downloaded and manually installed arma2 beta patch 95883.

Downloaded and manually installed dayz 1.7.2.5 via the torrent.

Start game with the _runA2CO_ file.

I have gotten artifacts near Green Mountain , Cherno Medical Tents , Balota Tents and airfield.

However Previously the Flush did nothing for me ; now at GM and Cherno it clears things up. At Balota it dose noting.

The only video options i changed were 3d resolution and view distance. Everything else is at default.

Hope this info helps in some way.

I must say this game is a ton of fun. Even the hackers and glitches do not ruin it. I enjoy it emensly. Its a part of the game.

Thank you for all your Work!

Edited by Gusboto

Thx for another fucking failupdate!

- Graphic issues still not fixed

- Ammoduping still not fixed

- Tentsaving still not fixed

- Helicopter saving still not fixed

fix this fucking game or dont wonder that nobody wants to play this shit anymore.

oh and not even wanna start talking about hackers and disconnecters.

I don't think you understand what alpha means, douchebag.

Thx for another fucking failupdate!

- Graphic issues still not fixed

- Ammoduping still not fixed

- Tentsaving still not fixed

- Helicopter saving still not fixed

fix this fucking game or dont wonder that nobody wants to play this shit anymore.

oh and not even wanna start talking about hackers and disconnecters.

AHAHAHAHAH ROFL

I was running through Stary Sobor, on DE399 and i experience graphical artifacts from what looked like the bodybags that are behind the tents, and i'm running 1.7.2.5, and beta ver. 95883..

Haven't been near any other place where i used to get the artifacts.

Tested a bit more ...

DayZ 1.7.2.5/95883 Client doesn't produce any glitches as long as the server is running the same version.

As soon as i joined a 1.7.2.5/95417 server the glitches were haunting me again.

So to all the people bitching about the artifacting: Make sure the server you're trying to join runs the 95883 beta patch.

If that doesn't help, there's always the chance you screwed up while installing 1.7.2.5 ...

Regards-

• Like 1