rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Server - DE 1033

Graphical artifacts and are not lost in all the places where the soldiers are static body. And this is the place to the north of NWAF (barn) did something unusual. There, the soldiers did not buggy, buggy and something else. Do not even treated rejoining the server.

The gray glitch is not fixed at all sadly. Thx for trying. Will wait for the next patch then. ^^

Graphics bug persists on my server. I'm running Arma II Beta 95883 Dayz 1.7.2.5 and the 10 friends I've had on (all of whom are running the 95883 beta patch) have seen the graphics bug.

I'm also getting quite a few reports of people getting stuck at loading, restarting and finding themselves on the beach in full gear.

Plus, none of the vehicles or tents are saving their inventories and the vehicles are not saving their locations after a server reset. (been alot of running around today) =b

Hope this helps.

PappaFae

Hi there,

The clan on my server are reporting that vehicles and tents are no longer spawning - after a server restart they came back, but are now after another restart (server crash) the bus and Ural they had turned into a single push bike.

They are also reporting after a 7+ day wait for a helicopter respawn nothing appears to be there in the reported locations.

I've heard this behaviour may be related to intermittent problems with the main DB, but I cannot confirm if that to be true or not based on the forums

I am running beta patch 95833 and latest build - have any other people seen or heard any similar reports? Any advice to rectify the issue would be greatly appreciated - I've got some angry people asking me to sort it after patching it!

Cheers

Quoting this cause we have the exact same problem on our server. HIVE not saving vehicles, desytroyed ones never respawning again or switching them around like some crazy randomizer.

Edited by Vittek
  • Like 1

I'm speaking only for myself when I say the problems seem to have all been on my end.

Once I got the patch properly installed with no conflicts from third party software.

I did get artifacts which I was able to get rid of setting vid. mem. to default.

But after awhile the artifacts would return & I had to toggle vid. mem. to lose them.

I posted all my settings in here and someone pointed out my 3d resolution and Interface resolution were not set correctly.

They directed to me to a page on BIS's website called ARMA2 Graphics Tweaks.

I fixed my resolutions to BIS's suggestion and I have not experienced graphics glitches since.

Sure in a perfect finished game by perfect developers such specific tweaks might not be necessary....but they are.

So thanks to the people who helped me out.

It worked for me....The reason it did was because i tried to post as many specific details as i could about what was happening on my end.

People pointed out incorrect settings and i fixed them and all is good.

If I had just come in and said..."glitching not fixed"....I would be nowhere.

I had to TEST and give feedback...and follow peoples advice. Thanks again to those people. You know who you are :)

Hope this was able to help someone

Edited by playZ

I originally said the artifacts weren't as severe as before and did not completely ruin my trips to certain locations, unfortunately, I spoke too soon they are now just as bad as before. I still can't guarantee what they are coming from it didn't appear to be the same old stuff they came from before.

Every time I've tried to update to v1.7.2.5 on SIX, it's come up saying "unhandled exception during update checksum error" - I try again a couple of seconds later & says the same thing, then the update vanishes completely & then I'm not aloud to play DayZ atall, it kicks me out of every game.

If people are having trouble with SIX launcher, download DayZcommander. It's much more user friendly & it allows people to download the update. However if you click back on SIX it'll automatically reset you back to v1.7.2.4.

People, you need to understand it's not just soldiers and the wires.... in some places it's the wire, in some places the soldiers, in some places might be the debris on the ground, the sand packs etc..

From what I read in the thread, it seems some textures have different degrees of quality, which load depending on how far away you are from the objects when you look towards them.

With my radeon 4850 with 512 MB of memory, the glitches go away when flushing the card (changing from Very High to Default or back) but after a while they appear again. People with better cards (more memory) may just delay the glitches for a longer time.

If some of you have these glitches often, you might wanna experiment with setting object detail or terrain detail set to low or very low. It makes the game ugly but it may also delay those corrupt objects from showing up on your screen until you're literally meters away from them. So at least you could make your way through those places with glitches.

ps... and for fucks sakes...

!!! SIX UPDATER DOESN'T UPDATE TO 1.7.2.5 !!!

It says so in the first post. You have to install this version manually... SixUpdater will reset it to 1.7.2.4 if you run the app.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 1

I'm speaking only for myself when I say the problems seem to have all been on my end.

Once I got the patch properly installed with no conflicts from third party software.

I did get artifacts which I was able to get rid of setting vid. mem. to default.

But after awhile the artifacts would return & I had to toggle vid. mem. to lose them.

I posted all my settings in here and someone pointed out my 3d resolution and Interface resolution were not set correctly.

They directed to me to a page on BIS's website called ARMA2 Graphics Tweaks.

I fixed my resolutions to BIS's suggestion and I have not experienced graphics glitches since.

Sure in a perfect finished game by perfect developers such specific tweaks might not be necessary....but they are.

So thanks to the people who helped me out.

It worked for me....The reason it did was because i tried to post as many specific details as i could about what was happening on my end.

People pointed out incorrect settings and i fixed them and all is good.

If I had just come in and said..."glitching not fixed"....I would be nowhere.

I had to TEST and give feedback...and follow peoples advice. Thanks again to those people. You know who you are :)

Hope this was able to help someone

First of all, you didn't even post a link to the "graphics tweaks". Secondly, suggesting that people should change resolutions is NOT a fix. There is only ONE way to fix the artifacting, and that will be from a patch that properly addresses the problem. :facepalm:

!!! SIX UPDATER DOESN'T UPDATE TO 1.7.2.5 !!!

It says so in the first post. You have to install this version manually... SixUpdater will reset it to 1.7.2.4 if you run the app.

For me Six Updater suite was interfering even without using it. Just the fact that it was on my Hard Drive was somehow preventing

the mod from updating correctly. It needs to be completely uninstalled.

I would love to hear from someone who still has six updater on their hard drive and is not having issues with the patch.

If you don't want to remove SU you just have to wait until it gets released proper.

For me Six Updater suite was interfering even without using it. Just the fact that it was on my Hard Drive was somehow preventing

I would love to hear from someone who still has six updater on their hard drive and is not having issues with the patch.

If you don't want to remove SU you just have to wait until it gets released proper.

Six Updater and/or Launcher would only be able to cause an issue with 1.7.2.5 if you launched DAYZ with it after updating. If you think otherwise, you are misinformed. I have Six Launcher, DAYZ Commander, and a shortcut within Steam. The only real issue at hand right now is the graphical artifacting...

Edited by TyRobot

...Or uninstall SU and try http://www.dayzcommander.com/ while manually patching to 1.7.2.5 :)

I have it installed but only used it once a few weeks ago when I installed it. It froze up after making about 5-10 rsync connections to a server in order to update dayz.

Never used it since then, simply copying Dayz into @DayZ\addons and running using a .cmd script that's available here in a zip file: ARMA II Beta Client Install | DayZ @ Sykotix.com

off topic: What a stupid way to update a software package when you know thousands of people are gonna assault the update servers, open multiple connections...I'm sure the servers are so going to like that. Apparently making binary diffs of each file using something like xdelta (xdelta.org), then packing all diffs in a zip file is too hard.

So, wait, are we still supposed to be using Arma beta updates when they (constantly) come out???

I'm confused; I thought since 1.6 already officially came out that this almost-daily beta updating nonsense would be over for a while. Why are "beta" patches still coming out even though the patch was finally officially released? What, is it for the next version of Arma2 and so now we have to still keep up with the nonstop beta patches in order to play the latest versions of DayZ? Kind of a bummer if so. I thought we were off the beta updates merry go-round for a while.

First of all, you didn't even post a link to the "graphics tweaks". Secondly, suggesting that people should change resolutions is NOT a fix. There is only ONE way to fix the artifacting, and that will be from a patch that properly addresses the problem. :facepalm:

You're right it's not a proper fix...and i didn't say it would help you i said it helped me. Until a patch that "properly addresses the problem" is released people are going to have to find a work around..(temp fix). This is one that worked for me so I though it maybe could help others. Thanks for your input though,,,,it was a complete waste my time....and yours ;)

No problem with Six Launcher/Updater at my end. Up until now I've used it since I started playing DayZ but it doesn't yet update to 1.7.2.5 so I've not been using it. The only problem that exists with Six Launcher is the fact that while it gets a server list it can sometimes hang up www access for a few seconds. But that's not a big deal for me as I just use it to run the game.

That being said, I'm quite happy with my current manual install. Someone mentioned copying the arma2oa.exe from beta to OA folder and now I can get the steam overlay as a non-steam game ^_^

Six Updater and/or Launcher would only be able to cause an issue with 1.7.2.5 if you launched DAYZ with it after updating. If you think otherwise, you are misinformed. I have Six Launcher, DAYZ Commander, and a shortcut within Steam. The only real issue at hand right now is the graphical artifacting...

Great.....I hope you're enjoying them. Bye :)

Concerning the glitch "fixes" in this thread:

Video Memory: Default

AA: Off

PostProcessing: Off

Still glitches on corpse's, 1.7.2.5 fixed barbed wire for me... I could care less about flushing the game, I'll either steer clear or enter at my own risk until it is fixed.

(imo the corpse's need to go until the issues have been resolved, sadly it seems people are still having problems with the barbed wire also and I'd hate to see those go)

Also, I joined the only server that didn't roll back (in my favorites) and I spawned with a broken leg, rc'ed and I didn't even have a backpack let alone anything else(still don't have one and I will sacrifice all of my 2500 humanity for yours).

Load times have improved.

I'm seeing people being kicked for "Script Restrictions" now and have not seen any hackers lately.(could just be luck, though obviously not lucky enough cause I lost everything)

Edited by Arellious

Dear Rocket,

I have not seen any glitches since this hotfix. I used to have glitches near barbed wires. The odd thing is that a friend of mine who had not seen a single glitch before can see those glitches instead. Unfortunately he did not send me a screenshot.

The ammuntion count seems to be working fine. Atleast I do not have all full clips anymore when I log back to a server.

Although the Hotfix update 1.7.2.5, still having grapichal glitches. My friends confrimed that they're having it aswell. In some locations I have and they dont and in some locations they have and I dont. I hope this problem will be solved soon. Thanks! :beans:

That being said, I'm quite happy with my current manual install. Someone mentioned copying the arma2oa.exe from beta to OA folder and now I can get the steam overlay as a non-steam game ^_^

What do you mean?

Great.....I hope you're enjoying them. Bye :)

You're a complete moron. You asked to talk to someone who had 1.7.2.5 properly installed with Six Updater on his or her HDD. Well, I answered your dumb ass post. Since you are done here, go play your game, kid.

What do you mean?

This is for the Steam version of the game, I have Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I downloaded the 1.7.2.5 files from the torrent on DayZmod.com and copied them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

I then deleted the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

That probably wasn't necessary but it's what I did at the time.

Then downloaded the beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ unzipped that to my desktop and ran the installer.

After that I moved arma2oa.exe and arma2oaserver.exe out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead into another folder and then copied the .exe files with the same names from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Running the game from the newly copied C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe seems to be working for me. I've added it as a non-steam game to get the overlay and it's all good.

I also added (while trying other methods) -mod=@dayz to the shortcut Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my game currently running DayZ properly.

Concerning the glitch "fixes" in this thread:

Video Memory: Default

AA: Off

PostProcessing: Off

Still glitches on corpse's, 1.7.2.5 fixed barbed wire for me... I could care less about flushing the game, I'll either steer clear or enter at my own risk until it is fixed.

(imo the corpse's need to go until the issues have been resolved, sadly it seems people are still having problems with the barbed wire though aswell and I'd hate to see those go)

Also, I joined the only server that didn't roll back in my favorites and I spawned with a broken leg, rc'ed and I didn't even have a backpack let alone anything else(still don't have one and it's extremely difficult without the extra inventory).

Load times have improved.

I'm seeing people being kicked for "Script Restrictions" now and have not seen any hackers lately.(could just be luck, though obviously not lucky enough cause I lost everything)

Have you tried to get on like 10 to 20 different servers to see if they all give you the graphics issues? As far as the "script kiddies" go, BattlEye seems to have really stepped its game up. They won't ever get rid of the hackers completely, but at least BE is doing what they can to control the problem...