rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

For me the glitches are gone if i zoom out (double tap - on your numpad) they return if i zoom in. Newest beta, gtx 560ti 448.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name PAUL-PC

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Nvidia GTX 560ti 1gig Driver 8.17.12.9053

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1104, 9/26/2011

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version =

User Name Paul-PC\Paul

Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB

Available Physical Memory 6.25 GB

Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 14.0 GB

Page File Space 7.98 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Running Beta ...883 through steam.

NW AIRFIELD====Serious glitching approaching from south with video memory already set to default.

Toggled VM and it went away.

I guess this is just a workaround but I included everything about my sys case it helps.

Edited by playZ

thing is, when you get stuck on loading you are actually kicked from the server by battleye "Client not responding" atleast that happens to one of my mates.

It also happened to me yesterday but me and our server admin got it working by restarting the server 10 times if not more, having it crash 2 times, and 2 times where stuff didnt spawn in. weird

I just have to ask, did this update destroy our tents and veichles? Mine are just gone, totally gone after the patch. Is this a server issue, will they be back after the server is reset or are they gone forever and ever?

Greets from Norway.

I have joined some servers that say they are going to reset all vehicles and tents or something along those lines because of all the hacking/dupping that has gone on.

This could just be nonsense I dont know, but I did see two servers last night say something like that when I first joined.

ROCKET ..... OR SOMEONE On DEV TEAM

can you confirm that video memory was at default in your closed testing?

People should be running this setting at Default anyway, as any other setting uses < 512MB video memory. So unless people are running very old graphics cards, using even the 'Very High' setting is actually worse than 'Default'.

It's really not hard to google ArmA 2 Graphics Tweaks folks. :(

EDIT: All my other video settings are maxed out....3D res 960x768 and Interface res 1280x1024

Your game must look seriously messed up with your 3D and interface resolutions set differently. A Wii connected to a CRT TV might even look better than that... :\

ArmA 2 Graphics Settings 101 - Read it, and thank me later.

P.S. All the artifacting I was experiencing in Berezino, Cherno and Stary has vanished with this hotfix (was always using 'Default' for video memory, as mentioned above).

Rocket does. He thinks barbed wires are fun and challenging.

But only for those not having a toolkit, and those are plenty around Elektrozavodsk. Though the chance is high to get shot there.

Still got visual artifacts in Stary. Definately originating from the dead soldiers. Vertical and Horizontal texture stretching, so I could mostly see what I was doing, but my two friends said they had no problem. If I were to describe it I'd say it was like a tower rising out of a soldier's corpse with a massive hip-high horizontal ring going out for as far as I could see. I would supply a screenshot if I had the capture software set up at the time :c

I'm playing on a tragically bad laptop, so any specs I could give would merely make you weep.

To everyone with graphics problems after hotfix:

Have you tried to update your graphics drivers as well?

Bit of a bug. Last night (pre-update) I logged off on the server I normally play on (let's call it "server-X" for simplicity). When I logged in after updating (as server-X had updated already), I was placed back on the coast, nowhere near where I had logged off at. Actually, I was placed right next to a house of a small town on the coast, and by the time I had control of my character zombies were already aware of and chasing me.

To everyone with graphics problems after hotfix:

Have you tried to update your graphics drivers as well?

Ye, I'm just trying with the beta one

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

Me and a few freinds can still see all the graphical glitches in :

Stary Sobor, NW airfeild, Green mountain Belota airfeild and cherno.

we did change all the files in the @dayz folder.

People should be running this setting at Default anyway, as any other setting uses < 512MB video memory. So unless people are running very old graphics cards, using even the 'Very High' setting is actually worse than 'Default'.

P.S. All the artifacting I was experiencing in Berezino, Cherno and Stary has vanished with this hotfix (was always using 'Default' for video memory, as mentioned above).

Wrong. Not anymore. Download a program like GPU-Z and run it in the background while playing DayZ. I've gotten up to 1600mb of vram usage at very high. On default I cap out around 980mb

Edited by erocker

Also got spawned west of elektro. I was north of Stary when i logged off before update. Connected to a different server and was (luckily) still west of elektro. So at least no random spawning for now. Can't say anything about the artifact issue. But will tell after i'm near stary or cherno.

Edited by elLoCo

Two times logged, two times unconscious without shock status...

EDIT: Three times + 1 random respawn FFS!

Edited by Snaiperskaya

Still got artifacts when approaching stary, as you can see on this screenshot :(

The good point is that the artifacts on earlier dayz version was worst.

post-42194-0-34232000-1344711127_thumb.j

Edited by waflebot

Your game must look seriously messed up with your 3D and interface resolutions set differently. A Wii connected to a CRT TV might even look better than that... :\

ArmA 2 Graphics Settings 101 - Read it, and thank me later.

Actually i think i reversed those number...1280x1024 is 3d res, It never occurred to me to google ARMAII graphics tweaks as I have never had issues running it. Ill change some settings though and see if I'm blown away by the difference....Thanks for the link :)

is this update on six launcher yet ? i started it up, had the update button, clicked it and there was a download and install but im still on v 1.7.2.4 which i have had since it was released.

Wrong. Not anymore. Download a program like GPU-Z and run it in the background while playing DayZ. I've gotten up to 1600mb of vram usage at very high. On default I cap out around 980mb

This has not changed since 1.02, and is certainly still the case in 1.62.

I am going to assume you have multiple GPUs in SLI or Crossfire? Your copy of GPU-Z is misreporting VRAM usage if those are the results you are seeing.

Currently, I'm having trouble downloading the torrent (due to throttling) and things like that. Even on the server (which states ALL torrent traffic is blocked)

Since US 1234 was updated to 1.7.2.5, I mirrored some links.

Sixupdater and DayZ Commander won't update properly at all and the Content Delivery Network from arma2files.com doesn't seem to work either, so I'm linking these to friends.

Edited by FluxAL

So is anyone having problems with Wire Fence's anymore?

Nobody has said anything about seeing the fence artifact, just the standard corpse areas.

Artifacting isnt causing me issues now, however i noticed white flashes in sections of the screen at times. I thought this was a DayZ problem, until it started happening in Operation Arrowhead too.

The humanity system seems to be back, and humanity is regenerating over time. The bandit skin switches back to civvy skin after a while, which is a bit irritating when you're fighting zombies and you're suddenly switched to secondary. Backpacks are also invisible when in the bandit skin.