rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Good news, but I'm still reluctant to say it is gone.

There was a post before saying it was still there. I need lots of feedback on this before I can confirm it, and we'll post on twitter. SU won't go live for a few hours at least to give server hosting companies time to update.

I am still getting the artifact-disco bug. When I restart my game the disco disappears but after a while it comes back so that I need to restart my game again. The artifacts are black and white and cover my entire screen when it happens.

I still think it's the military corpses that do it. No problems with the fences it seems.

mmm playing different server now and no problems with soldier corpses, infact no glitches at all been in n/w airfield etc. no probs. maybe server settings make a difference

You're a complete moron. You asked to talk to someone who had 1.7.2.5 properly installed with Six Updater on his or her HDD. Well, I answered your dumb ass post. Since you are done here, go play your game, kid.

Nope...I asked to talk to someone who had Six Updater on their hard drive and ALSO were not having problems with the patch. You need to work

on your reading comprehension.

Either way...do what you want....as I said I only posted what other people told me worked for them, and it worked for me. So I passed it on in case it might work for someone else.

When you get it running without the graphic glitches then you can come back and try and help others get rid of them too.

That way they can enjoy the game until a proper fix is released.

Meanwhile just keep calling me a moron,dumb ass and a kid....if it makes you feel better. :)

This is for the Steam version of the game, I have Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I downloaded the 1.7.2.5 files from the torrent on DayZmod.com and copied them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

I then deleted the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

That probably wasn't necessary but it's what I did at the time.

Then downloaded the beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ unzipped that to my desktop and ran the installer.

After that I moved arma2oa.exe and arma2oaserver.exe out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead into another folder and then copied the .exe files with the same names from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Running the game from the newly copied C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe seems to be working for me. I've added it as a non-steam game to get the overlay and it's all good.

I also added (while trying other methods) -mod=@dayz to the shortcut Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my game currently running DayZ properly.

In short, yes. Without the proper target line in the shortcut, it wouldn't load DAYZ correctly. I understood what you meant about the Steam overlay with Shift + Tab. I did the same thing, and you can add your launchers if you so choose to ever use one.

Nope...I asked to talk to someone who had Six Updater on their hard drive and ALSO were not having problems with the patch. You need to work

on your reading comprehension.

Either way...do what you want....as I said I only posted what other people told me worked for them, and it worked for me. So I passed it on in case it might work for someone else.

When you get it running without the graphic glitches then you can come back and try and help others get rid of them too.

That way they can enjoy the game until a proper fix is released.

Meanwhile just keep calling me a moron,dumb ass and a kid....if it makes you feel better. :)

I have both, and I had NO problems with the update. The artifacts have been active since 1.7.2.4...are you really this stupid? You have no idea what you are talking about. All you do is make blind assumptions because at the moment you aren't having a problem. You claim Six Updater is somehow involved in causing the artifacts, and there is no validity to your claims.

EDIT: If you bothered to read every page then you would know that on certain servers, the problems do NOT persist for myself and some others. I've been posting my results in this thread since the update was released. I tested this with every beta from 95417 to 95883. People like you just spread false information because you think you fixed something...

Edited by TyRobot
  • Like 2

Have you tried to get on like 10 to 20 different servers to see if they all give you the graphics issues? As far as the "script kiddies" go, BattlEye seems to have really stepped its game up. They won't ever get rid of the hackers completely, but at least BE is doing what they can to control the problem...

I have not, I try to stay local with the servers I play on and most of them have not upgraded or even gone so far as to revert versions, considering the "spawn at coast" and "stuck on loading" problems with mis-matching versions(for me at least) I would rather just play the ones that don't further mess things up as my current profile is the farthest I've gotten so far and when it took all my items it left my stats alone, so I'm just happy I didn't actually get killed in the process and I can continue the game.(I know alpha stage... debugging... I'm trying to give all the info I can, but I don't want to die! :D )

This is for the Steam version of the game, I have Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I downloaded the 1.7.2.5 files from the torrent on DayZmod.com and copied them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

I then deleted the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

That probably wasn't necessary but it's what I did at the time.

Then downloaded the beta from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ unzipped that to my desktop and ran the installer.

After that I moved arma2oa.exe and arma2oaserver.exe out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead into another folder and then copied the .exe files with the same names from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Running the game from the newly copied C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe seems to be working for me. I've added it as a non-steam game to get the overlay and it's all good.

I also added (while trying other methods) -mod=@dayz to the shortcut Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my game currently running DayZ properly.

Oh ok....i thought you were saying overwriting the original .exe with the beta had somehow screwed something up.. :P

Thing is even when I did that AND launched through steam rather than SU which I prefer, the game still was 1.7.2.4.

Someone told me they had the same deal and to uninstall SU and then everything was fine. But whatever works right? Are you still getting Graphic glitches?

In short, yes. Without the proper target line in the shortcut, it wouldn't load DAYZ correctly. I understood what you meant about the Steam overlay with Shift + Tab. I did the same thing, and you can add your launchers if you so choose to ever use one.

I'm not so sure, I should probably experiment with it but I'm not actually launching the game using that shortcut. I only mentioned it in case I'm missing some important aspect.

Never managed to get steam overlay working with Six Launcher and can only make it work by copying the .exe files from the beta folder as mentioned above.

Oh ok....i thought you were saying overwriting the original .exe with the beta had somehow screwed something up.. :P

Thing is even when I did that AND launched through steam rather than SU which I prefer, the game still was 1.7.2.4.

Someone told me they had the same deal and to uninstall SU and then everything was fine. But whatever works right? Are you still getting Graphic glitches?

Have you reinstalled the 1.7.2.5 files since running Six Launcher? Otherwise it'll still be on the downgraded files.

I still get graphical glitches, basically no change since 1.7.2.4. I don't always get them and the only thing that works for me is to close the game and start it up again. Flushing and changing video settings only ever seems to make the glitching more intense on my system.

I have not, I try to stay local with the servers I play on and most of them have not upgraded or even gone so far as to revert versions, considering the "spawn at coast" and "stuck on loading" problems with mis-matching versions(for me at least) I would rather just play the ones that don't further mess things up as my current profile is the farthest I've gotten so far and when it took all my items it left my stats alone, so I'm just happy I didn't actually get killed in the process and I can continue the game.(I know alpha stage... debugging... I'm trying to give all the info I can, but I don't want to die! :D )

Yeah, I understand...but if you get the chance please do share your information. This will help us understand if it is random, or if the problem only persists for certain folks on certain servers.

I'm not so sure, I should probably experiment with it but I'm not actually launching the game using that shortcut. I only mentioned it in case I'm missing some important aspect.

Never managed to get steam overlay working with Six Launcher and can only make it work by copying the .exe files from the beta folder as mentioned above.

If you would like further help in doing this, then just send me a PM. I'll assist you with the Steam stuff... ^_^

If you would like further help in doing this, then just send me a PM. I'll assist you with the Steam stuff... ^_^

Ta muchly ^_^ I'm going to stick to updating manually now that I know how to do it properly. Easier because I won't get caught out by Six or other Launchers updating or not to differing versions to the servers I frequent!

I have both, and I had NO problems with the update. The artifacts have been active since 1.7.2.4...are you really this stupid? You have no idea what you are talking about. All you do is make blind assumptions because at the moment you aren't having a problem. You claim Six Updater is somehow involved in causing the artifacts, and there is no validity to your claims.

Unfortunately friend you're the moron. I never said SU was causing the glitches. I said it was interfering with the patch installation.

And I never made any assumptions. I just posted what I did to install the patch and get rid of the glitches. To try help people who were having problems

EDIT: If you bothered to read every page then you would know that on certain servers, the problems do NOT persist for myself and some others. I've been posting my results in this thread since the update was released. I tested this with every beta from 95417 to 95883.

If YOU had bothered to read every page you'd know that i do know the problem isn't on every server.

You would know that i suggested they start keeping track of server settings & that people should report servers where there were no glitches.

You would also know that I did a server experiment too, To try and start gathering some data about which ones were working and which weren't.

And if you had read every page you would know the result of my experiment.

People like you just spread false information because you think you fixed something...

How would you know?? You're not even capable of properly understanding my words. You claim I said things I never said.

And I don't THINK I fixed my graphic glitches I KNOW I did. I'm sorry you didn't. Don't take it out on me.

For the last time all i did was list what buttons I pushed to get it working. I never claimed to know why or how it worked. Just that it did. :)

For people who want to try it...great...it won't hurt their computers. If it doesn't work bummer, if it does awesome.

But for you to claim i haven't fixed anything and I'm spreading bullshit....is so ridiculously childish.

When it comes what I have fixed for myself and how I did it..YOU"RE the one who doesn't know what they're talking about.

And when it comes saying I didn't fix anything YOU"RE the one spreading false information.

And when it comes to getting the glitches off of your computer you haven't been able to do that either.

So what have you accomplished? Why don't you inform us all how you got rid of the glitches? Oh, because you didn't? Then STFU!!

Edited by playZ

The only glitches I noticed with friends. In Stary Sobor.. The military tents would artifact all over the place and get pretty bad. Other then that I have not seen anything else artifact.

Have you reinstalled the 1.7.2.5 files since running Six Launcher? Otherwise it'll still be on the downgraded files.

I still get graphical glitches, basically no change since 1.7.2.4. I don't always get them and the only thing that works for me is to close the game and start it up again. Flushing and changing video settings only ever seems to make the glitching more intense on my system.

After I uninstalled SU i reinstalled the update yes. And set the launch options in steam. DId it yesterday afternoon.

It sucks your still getting glitches..

You set your Video Memory to default?

Set 3d resolution to native.

Set interface resolution to match 3d resolution

turn down object detail and such?

I wrote a long and very #butthurt post...

...with a lot of sentences.

It took up a large amount of space.

Everyone look at me. NOW!

TL;DR

Every sentence a paragraph...

I'm pretty sure "playZ" just won the Internet.

EDIT: I'm going to do some more testing. Results in about an hour or so... :rolleyes:

Edited by TyRobot

After I uninstalled SU i reinstalled the update yes. And set the launch options in steam. DId it yesterday afternoon.

It sucks your still getting glitches..

You set your Video Memory to default?

Set 3d resolution to native.

Set interface resolution to match 3d resolution

turn down object detail and such?

Aye, I've tried all the "fixes" but literally the only thing that works is to restart the game. Gets rid of the glitches first time, every time ^_^

Ta muchly ^_^ I'm going to stick to updating manually now that I know how to do it properly. Easier because I won't get caught out by Six or other Launchers updating or not to differing versions to the servers I frequent!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but....when you go to ARMA2 main menu page...it says version 1.7.2.5?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but....when you go to ARMA2 main menu page...it says version 1.7.2.5?

It does, yeah

Here are 3 pictures showcasing the artifacting in Cherno.

Everything is normal in this pic:

http://cloud.steampo...76.resizedimage

Looking a little to the left:

http://cloud-2.steam...76.resizedimage

Looking even farther left:

http://cloud-2.steam...76.resizedimage

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

TL;DR

Every sentence a paragraph...

I'm pretty sure "playZ" just won the Internet.

EDIT: I'm going to do some more testing. Results in about an hour or so... :rolleyes:

Damn right I did ;) At the end of the day...I've got rid of the glitches on every single server i try. No glitches...any server period. (so far)

Also load times of about 15 seconds. on every server I've successfully logged into (alot).

And you attack me for trying explaining how i did it? Are you a complete fucking doughnut or what?

I know what i did doesn't work for everyone...but it worked for me so I shared it.

So you can tell me all day long I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I got my shit working consistently across servers (tested about 30 servers so far) , and what do you have??? An Opinion!!! Pffft!!! you can keep it charlie. Enjoy not playing dayZ for awhile longer. :)

Edited by playZ

It does, yeah

Did you download the patch from a torrent or a single file?

Maybe it's a stupid suggestion but I suggest you try what worked for me.

Uninstall SU. MAke sure you go in and get any files the unistaller might miss.

re download and install patch from a single file (not a torrent)

then do what yo did before....copy beta over original exe and set launch option in steam.

Then make sure you launch through steam.

Then adjust the video options i mentioned

Youve got nothin to lose.

Edited by playZ

I know what i did doesn't work for everyone...but it worked for me so I shared it.

Well I don't think this is the appropriate place to be sharing your personal fixes, especially when the fixes you mention amount to the same old same old 'fixes' we've been hearing about time and time again on the forums. If you're not getting artifacts then good for you. And if you feel so strongly about helping others by suggesting what worked for you, then go make a thread about it. Stop filling this thread with useless posts acting like you know what you're doing and leading people on, only to piss them off if and when your personal solution doesn't work for them.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket
  • Like 3

Hi Rocket,

I know it's a bit late after the unofficial release, but thought I'd post my successful results from running 1.7.2.5, in respect to visible artifacts.

A friend of mine and me both updated yesterday, and found that we each needed to make a couple of minor changes to our configurations.

I had to change my texture memory from "Very High" to "Default", then all artifacts disappeared. I have an ATi Radeon HD 7950 graphics card with latest drivers (12.6 from memory). I haven't tried setting my texture memory to "High" to see if it still works, however I suspect it will.

My friend had to change his texture memory from "Very High" to "High", then all artifacts disappeared for him. He is running an ATi Radeon HD 6750 with latest drivers (also 12.6).

Hope this is helpful.

Keep up the amazing work!

Cheers,

fLAiL.

Edited by fdm_2k

Just wanted to add my feedback on the issues.

After I updated to latest beta patch and 1.7.2.5 hotfix, I was spawned back on the coast with my gear intact (as others have mentioned). and have also experienced graphical artifacts in Cherno and Berezino.