rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

man every time i trap a guy inside a house, i can't go in(i don't wanna die), and he don't go out, just logoff... sadface

to solve this, why not have a wake up period? where someone couldnt instantly spawn in and start shooting unless someone jostles them or wakes them up by walking into them? After all, spawning in is already a disadvantage for players who are silly enough to login at say... the nw barracks? so why not encourage people to find a safe place to log out by having that little time of vunerability. It would drastically reduce the feasibility of ghosting to perform pvp.

I think, it is a natural reaktion against the banditrising in the last time. It is a bad way, but an effective. Aslong no script stop that or Player go back to Survivalgaming, it will happend offten in the next time.

Let's face it the shock thing doesn't work because people just switch to an empty/low pop server, wait out the 5minute timer whilst making a cup of coffee/going for a smoke then simply go back to the server they were on.

It's no doubt been suggested before, but is there no way that a player model can remain in game for a limited time (1-2min?) after they log off, which would then prevent them from reconnecting on another server. Server hoppers and death avoiders sorted?

I'll be the first to admit, I have absolutely no idea how or indeed IF you can implement this within the current engine..just an idea..

My idea would completely be separate from shock, that the person when they log into the server would be like they were waking up from sleep. it would discourage people from disconnecting from servers, and 1 minute is a small price to pay to wait joining a server. it also adds that feeling of helplessness you might feel when you do indeed sleep, prompting players to find secure places to sleep, or friends to be at your side when you wake up. the "shock" timer is somewhat pointless, but it would be nice that if it only applied to that server which you logged from, that way should they revisit that same server, they would have issues.

To all you ghosters out there either play the game as intended, or keep finding a new server.

Let's face it the shock thing doesn't work because people just switch to an empty/low pop server' date=' wait out the 5minute timer whilst making a cup of coffee/going for a smoke then simply go back to the server they were on.

It's no doubt been suggested before, but is there no way that a player model can remain in game for a limited time (1-2min?) after they log off, which would then prevent them from reconnecting on another server. Server hoppers and death avoiders sorted?

I'll be the first to admit, I have absolutely no idea how or indeed IF you can implement this within the current engine..just an idea..

[/quote']

You could in fact do it very easily. Make the charakter a NPC without A.I. as soon as he leaves the game. Let the NPC stay in the game for X seconds and then despawn while saving the Character Data to the Hive. No problem at all. Would even prevent server hoping a bit if the data is only saved on logout of the npc and you could give out a message in the server browser that the guid is still in use with a timer.

I think' date=' it is a natural reaktion against the banditrising in the last time. It is a bad way, but an effective. Aslong no script stop that or Player go back to Survivalgaming, it will happend offten in the next time.

[/quote']

It's a natural reaction to being a chickenshit coward, disconnecting from danger in a survival game. If you disconnect you fail at DayZ.

I had a bandit do this to me today at NW airfield barracks... I looked inside and saw the player down the end of the hall' date=' I moved so he couldn't shoot me - looked back in and he was gone?! me and a friend checked the loot and after a few minutes decided to move out... as we started to leave I passed out (due to 2800 blood) and as my character stood up, the guy had spawned back in and shot me and then disconnected again so my friend couldn't kill him... still it was a good life.

[/quote']

I too met the same guy at that airfield twice..(i got his name and the server number but i wont post as i dont know if im allowed) the first time i was checking a building from a short distance and he came running out with zomb's chasing him and then he just disappeared .i waited and watched for a few seconds and he reappeared bandaged himself and calmly walked back inside ..i saw him go into the second room and disappear again ..so i waited some more (had a coffee) saw no movement and went in..building was clear checked all the rooms as i went in 1 by 1 using i got to the end and then started coming back picking up a gun along the way only to get to the end(front door end) and get shot by the same guy in the shower section (how he switched rooms i dont know ) but he knew i was there ....and i died 3days of life over.. start again ...

I raced full sprint for as much as i could back to the airfield(got some cans of food/drink along the way and a pistol ) it took a while but i got there and went to view the same building to see if the guy was there also to see if i could recover any of my gear

..and there he was..

in the same building 2nd room again and yet again he disappears only this time a few minutes go past and im then getting shot in the back by the same guy..even though he never came out the door ..

frustraited by his gameplay to say the least...

It's this kind of crap that really pisses me off. I'm fortunate enough to not have had it happen to me as far as enemies server ghosting, but I have had people do the quick D/C after I kill them and respawn in right near where I killed them.

Oh, and I don't think there's anything against posting someone's name that does it.

I think one solution could be quite simple:

I can't disconnect when I'm unconcious. Why not do the same when being in shock?

Getting shot: Shock

Zombie havoc: Shock

Possible things:

Simple Zombie attack: Shock

Getting almost shot and bullets fly around your ears: Shock

That would definatly spice things up! Of course you could still force quit the game, but in all honesty it takes way more time to do so than disconnecting and if force quitting ends in sync error and future problems with your character because of bugs: Justice.

I think if you disconnect while bleeding you should die instantly.

I ran into a guy with a gullie suit, allace pack and a DMR. He killed a squad mate and was moving to loot his body when I opened up with an ak74. He took a few rounds, lobbed a grenade and tried to bandage himself. I then hit him a few more times and he was obviously bleeding out. He then fell over like he was passed out and I advanced to get a killing shot and then he faded into the ground (probably alt-f4 or killed it with the task manager).

15 minutes later I am killed by the same guy in a gullie suit, allice pack and dmr as I am shot at close range when he logs into the game right next to me.

Something really needs to be done about this as it is ruining the game for everyone who isnt using it to cheat to stay alive and get kills.

I think it would be a good idea if you had to be conscious and not bleeding, otherwise you would simply die and leave a lootable corpse incase you logged out.

This would be pretty straightforward to implement and cover a lot of situations where logouts are immersion-breakers and potentially abusive.

In any case the rule has to be hardcoded into the game. I, for once, will quit playing a videogame whenever the f*ck I feel like it, and anyone who thinks he can introduce some pseudo-ethics that would effectively take away this freedom from me is simply heavily deluded and should get a grip on reality.

and anyone who thinks he can introduce some pseudo-ethics that would effectively take away this freedom from me is simply heavily deluded and should get a grip on reality.

Never played any MMOs then I take it?

this is so horrible. its basically impossible to get loot now at the airfield. today i legitimately walked over the the nw airfield barracks on a low populated server. i hid in one of the rooms and waited. in 20 mins 6 different server hoping death avoiding scumbags came in to loot the baracks. i killed 3, 2 of them disconnected, one killed me.

This scumbagery needs to be ended. whats the point of going to nw airfield anymore when all the loot is stolen by scumbag hoppers, + you risk a high chance of getting backstabed by someone logging in whil you are legitimately looting.

gonna stop playing till they patch this, because its useless playing like this.

If the no loot spawning problem persists then im fucked... Unless you fix it :)

I wouldnt even mind if you had a different profile per server, that would stop the server hopping, and you and your friends could be living a different survival situation on different servers, this way you can experience more things within DAYZ yet there is no exploiting.

My two cents:

1. Logging out when unconscious or bleeding results in death on the server you are on.

2. Develop some sort of "settling down" mechanic - we already have fire places and tents - if you are not by a fire or tent your body will remain in server for 5 minutes upon disconnect. If you are by a fire or tent, there is a 60 second cool down before you can safely log out.

3. Make player bodies persist for at least 10-15 minutes (would prefer even longer). Right now if you kill someone they can give you a giant F* off and disconnect, destroying their gear in the process.

4. if you log out in a "high risk/reward" area introduce 10-15 minute cool down period before the hive server will allow you to log into a different server.

Personally, I think the biggest issue is people abusing the persistence system to disconnect when in a fire fight and server hopping. Server hopping for loot is an obvious abuse that ruins the immersion (yes, it affects other players when high end spawn points are constantly depleted by server hoppers). Likewise, a good, drawn out fire fight is one of best experiences the game has to offer - sucks it rarely happens now.

Hey, part of the same thing which has happened to me and my friends twice yesterday, except they were logging in behind us to kill us. my friend lost an as550 with 14 mags due to this. also 3 ghillie's, nv goggles, rangefinder, every tool in the game.

He got it off 2 guys we killed who we're assuming were hackers as they both had the exact same gear to each part, both bodies disapeared after about 20 seconds of dieing and they appeared back where we killed them within seconds. but their hacks failed, as my friend even after dieing with all this stuff kept it on respawn.

Then later on my friend with the as550 was watching over us from tallest cherno building, when the other 2 of us got attacked and were killed. He managed to kill most of them yet one combat logged and another escaped. a couple of minutes later, the one that escaped appeared at the top of the ladder. He was obviously a distraction, as the one who combat logged appeared directly behind him and killed him. during this i was halfway up the ladder with my hatchet. i got to the top just as they finished looting, managed to hit the guy who took the as550 3 times, but the other one killed me, then they logged off while my other friend had them in his lee-enfield sights. I believe if it werent for the extra guy, i would have killed him.

Really sucks how they were probably buzzing saying they were pro with all this gear when they only got it due to an exploit, and only survived due to being pussies. They will probably always sit camping other players, not even looting them and in the slightest of danger leave instantly.

If the player was still active for 20 seconds after the disconect would be perfect to avoid this type of action

If the player was still active for 20 seconds after the disconect would be perfect to avoid this type of action

If you add a 20 sec freeze on reconnect to that, it would be bliss. Cheating would be out, thinking ahead back in. People would no longer have a reason to moan about 'those pesky bandits', as they would have an even field to fight back on.

Agreed!!! But 20 seconds is a touch high. 10 seconds is ideal.

I watched a player disconnect under fire earlier then re-emerge 2 mins later behind his attacker and kill him. He obviously server hopped to adjust position then hopped back!!! Lame tadgers like that should be banned.

P.S....i now wear his ears on my chain as a trophy!!!

"I watched a player disconnect under fire earlier then re-emerge 2 mins later behind his attacker and kill him. He obviously server hopped to adjust position then hopped back!!! Lame tadgers like that should be banned. "

On the flip-side, how wise was the attacker to just sit there for 2 minutes, knowing that they disconnected, only to get killed by the same player. I am not on the D/C side, just that when I see a player vanish after engaging them, I high-tail it to another ambush point and wait to see if they come back or if a buddy of theirs decides to take a chance. This approach has kept me alive for quite some time now, but it has its limitations too.

What abotu disconnecting then server hopping to creep up on someone to shoot them in the back which has happened to me multiple times. To do that they only need to disconnect twice how can you solve that Rocket? As dyng to exploiters and hackers is ruining the game for me, I have lost all my gear (fully kitted out) four times to such incidents.