rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

If there was a fitting game that provided such a system as this. I could promise you, not many people would be coming to this hell hole of a mod. I know for sure I wouldn't.

The game isn't even difficult, if that's even what rocket was aiming for(rumor). It's just annoying as fuck. Hours/days of hard work gone in a second because of some asshat camping on top of a building. That's not even remotely survival. It's death match.

I don't mind dying because I decided to trust the wrong person, that's completely my fault, or because I went in over my head and with lack of ammo when killing off zeds. All my fault. Hell even the retarded ass ballistics in this game don't tick me off when they kill me. That's expected. What I don't expect are people to run around with the pure thought of killing anyone and everyone they see, simply because they can. That is NOT survival in the least. It's death matching.

I only do it when I am being PVP' date=' I can't stand that stuff. I don't play this game to hunt humans. I play to hunt Zeds and find cool Loot and Explore. Not letting some ass shoot me because he is bored with the game or some crap like that. If someone disconnects too much then keep them from login back in for like a half hour or a hour that would be my fix. I fight my way through the Zeds or get eaten in the process. I would love a server with no PVP so I can actually do something cool, and not have to worry about being wasted by some dude who spent no time trying to find loot and me who spent hours or days trying to find the stuff I have just to be snuffed out by some PVP Pussy. GO find your own loot. That’s my two cents.

[/quote']

They did find their own loot. It was all located on your dead body. Maybe if you don't want to PvP you shouldn't play a game with PvP. There are plenty of other non PvP zombie games and mods to play.

So opened fire on 7 people last night in an open field, 6 of which logged out..

Turning into a bit of a joke, maybe a little less focus on fixing vehicles and a little more focus on working on a solution for this.

Love the game, love the work you guys are doing but this is a big one...

hahaha people need to realise this game is about not trusting people and its not camping if your hiding on a roof its all part of it. I personally dont kill players and havent been killed by a player but its only a matter of time. But when it happens i wont be all rage about it cause thats how the game is comon its the best thing out there at the moment. Have fun surviving.

So opened fire on 7 people last night in an open field' date=' 6 of which logged out..

Turning into a bit of a joke, maybe a little less focus on fixing vehicles and a little more focus on working on a solution for this.

Love the game, love the work you guys are doing but this is a big one...

[/quote']

You guys don't seem to get it. Dev team has no authority over them, they decide what is important and what's not important. This is something that has been constantly bitched about for about a month now. Rocket's already said what he wants to do about it, and he's working on it along with everything else. Essentially this means, to them, those kills you THINK you should have gotten are not that big a deal. If they thought this was such a pressing issue like you do, they would be devoting all their time to it. Right now there's bigger issues than this: Zombie AI, sound/visual level balancing, bug fixes. How do I know they're bigger issues, cause that's what the dev team's working on. Have you ever considered that the reason they haven't fixed it is cause PVP isn't the focus of this game, it's just one of the many options available? Just be patient, they're trying to fix it.

I only do it when I am being PVP' date=' I can't stand that stuff. I don't play this game to hunt humans. I play to hunt Zeds and find cool Loot and Explore. Not letting some ass shoot me because he is bored with the game or some crap like that. If someone disconnects too much then keep them from login back in for like a half hour or a hour that would be my fix. I fight my way through the Zeds or get eaten in the process. I would love a server with no PVP so I can actually do something cool, and not have to worry about being wasted by some dude who spent no time trying to find loot and me who spent hours or days trying to find the stuff I have just to be snuffed out by some PVP Pussy. GO find your own loot. That’s my two cents.

[/quote']

Have you tried collecting stamps?

Go o twitch and look at ppl playing.. they all do the same thing: spawn > dumb running in the middle of zeds > try to find weapons > kill random ppl > being killled > respawn ... and so on, all over again. They are spreading the "word".. and this is the average ppl we have in DayZ right now. The sad part is, when you ask them: "why are you running brainless dying every 30 minutes?" .. they renspond with something like: "coz it is a game" .. and they are probably/unfortunately right.

What I can't stand is killing people and them coming back because they've duplicated their weapons within two hours.

I don't mind DCing to avoid death compared to DCing to loot themselves again.

within two hours? they do it within 5 mins with fast login and duping own body before server gets to update they are really dead I think lol..

then shoot u while u loot the first body.

[/quote']

I do a good job of finding loot on the bodies of people like you who don't seem to get that you're using an exploit to avoid dealing with an essential part of the game. All the logging out in the world won't save you from a .50 caliber round in your gut.

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.

How can they still duplicate their inventory if the "standing clone" has been fixed AND they don't have vehicles ?

I've still seen a few of the 'standing dead clone' things, so don't think it's been completely fixed yet.

Also, seems to be an exploit for people D/Cing immediately after death where they spawn in with all their gear near where you killed them. Some reports of people doing it over and over and over again too.

Had some guy do it to me the other day. Funny thing was too, I got the murder for killing the server-hopper, but when I logged in the next day I didn't have it anymore.

The game isn't even difficult' date=' if that's even what rocket was aiming for(rumor). It's just annoying as fuck. Hours/days of hard work gone in a second because of some asshat camping on top of a building. That's not even remotely survival. It's death match. [/quote'] How exactly do you put in "hard work" when this game is supposedly not difficult? If the games easy, then didn't you just put in hours/days of light work?

What I don't expect are people to run around with the pure thought of killing anyone and everyone they see' date=' simply because they can. That is NOT survival in the least. It's death matching.

[/quote']

Obviously you're read nothing of human history and haven't the faintest on human psychology. Humans have a long history of killing people not in their group, clan, country, race, etc. There are also people in the real world who kill other people for no reason other than to just kill. I know scary, but it's true. And how exactly is avoiding another human who want so kill you not survival? That sounds exactly like survival.

Definition of SURVIVAL

a : the act or fact of living or continuing longer than another person or thing

b : the continuation of life or existence

: one that survives

The game is built upon the notion of death. If anything, death should be permanent and non reversible. This is really a no brainer, people avoiding death whether from other players or zombies shouldn't be allowed to do so.

Rocket you have to add a damage timer that if someone DC's lets say within 60 seconds of being shot/attacked by zombies. They get killed and lose all their stuff. They added it in a garrysmod gamemode called Experim3nt and it worked out really well.

The game isn't even difficult' date=' if that's even what rocket was aiming for(rumor). It's just annoying as fuck. Hours/days of hard work gone in a second because of some asshat camping on top of a building. That's not even remotely survival. It's death match. [/quote'] How exactly do you put in "hard work" when this game is supposedly not difficult? If the games easy, then didn't you just put in hours/days of light work?

What I don't expect are people to run around with the pure thought of killing anyone and everyone they see' date=' simply because they can. That is NOT survival in the least. It's death matching.

[/quote']

Obviously you're read nothing of human history and haven't the faintest on human psychology. Humans have a long history of killing people not in their group, clan, country, race, etc. There are also people in the real world who kill other people for no reason other than to just kill. I know scary, but it's true. And how exactly is avoiding another human who want so kill you not survival? That sounds exactly like survival.

Definition of SURVIVAL

a : the act or fact of living or continuing longer than another person or thing

b : the continuation of life or existence

: one that survives

Its not the same because not every dick with a sniper rifle would be camping people for sport. Not everyone would have access to a sniper rifle or be able to shoot it like a sharpshooter.At the most, most people would have handguns, shotguns, midranged scoped midpower rifles used for hunting.

My point being is you cant only use "half realism" as an excuse to hunt people for sport. If you are killing people because you actually NEED there items then fine. If there was only a couple people per server who are "evil" enough to kill for sport, fine. That is real. Hunting people for sport by such a large amount of people is not what a zombie survival fps is really about.

Its not "carebearish" to say thats ruining new players experiences either. Someone like me wants to experience the game how Rocket intended. Not looking up guides or useing a map on the internet that says "go here, here, and here for phat loot" like most of you supossed "hardcore" people did. No, for thoes of us that want the hardcore experience its wandering around for hours, days, even weeks struggling to survive. We should be worried more about avoiding Zeds than spending an hour in town trying to avoid other players just to get sniped running to a treeline when leaving town.

I know it sounds like I am whining but I'm honestly not. There is plenty this mod needs fixed and bandits who think they are "hardcore" by killing unarmed or non threatening survivors from 1k meters out are a small problem overall. Randomly breaking your leg for no aparent reason is abigger issue imo. Barbwire instantly killing you when you try to get over it is another bigger issue. But I think most of us are having alot of fun regardless. I may rage at my screen when I fall over dead in the middle of a field while tryin to haul ass to a treeline. I may stop playing for a night when i get sniped and lay there for 30s unable to move and the guy never comes to finish me off and loot me. But I will come back. Because its fun and odds are that jackass with the sniper rifle will have moved on or even decided he needs to go back to a FPS where killing people randomly is intended and the game mechanics reward it.

I had a bandit do this to me today at NW airfield barracks... I looked inside and saw the player down the end of the hall' date=' I moved so he couldn't shoot me - looked back in and he was gone?! me and a friend checked the loot and after a few minutes decided to move out... as we started to leave I passed out (due to 2800 blood) and as my character stood up, the guy had spawned back in and shot me and then disconnected again so my friend couldn't kill him... still it was a good life.

[/quote']

I too met the same guy at that airfield twice..(i got his name and the server number but i wont post as i dont know if im allowed) the first time i was checking a building from a short distance and he came running out with zomb's chasing him and then he just disappeared .i waited and watched for a few seconds and he reappeared bandaged himself and calmly walked back inside ..i saw him go into the second room and disappear again ..so i waited some more (had a coffee) saw no movement and went in..building was clear checked all the rooms as i went in 1 by 1 using i got to the end and then started coming back picking up a gun along the way only to get to the end(front door end) and get shot by the same guy in the shower section (how he switched rooms i dont know ) but he knew i was there ....and i died 3days of life over.. start again ...

I raced full sprint for as much as i could back to the airfield(got some cans of food/drink along the way and a pistol ) it took a while but i got there and went to view the same building to see if the guy was there also to see if i could recover any of my gear

..and there he was..

in the same building 2nd room again and yet again he disappears only this time a few minutes go past and im then getting shot in the back by the same guy..even though he never came out the door ..

frustraited by his gameplay to say the least...

They join other servers, move to new locations behind you, then rejoin your server and kill you. We've had several of the dicks doing it on our server and it needs resolving ASAP as its getting old fast and removing any enjoyment out of pvp.

Its not "carebearish" to say thats ruining new players experiences either. Someone like me wants to experience the game how Rocket intended. We should be worried more about avoiding Zeds than spending an hour in town trying to avoid other players just to get sniped running to a treeline when leaving town.

yeah it is careabearish and yeah your ar whining, in the wrong thread as well. this is the "disconnecting to avoid death" thread.. not "help me im an idiot who goes into populated PvP zones and cries about getting shot"

bandits are a legitimate in game class. its even on your hud. stop crying and don't go into PvP zones if you can't handle it.

Haha some idiot just did this to me. Was looting the apartments for cherno since I spawned there, threw a bottle to get a whole lot of zombies away from me and towards the hospital. Soon I heard sounds of death and the soft zips of a silenced weapon. Sure enough it was another player, and since the 1.7.5 patch no one is friendly anymore again. I sneak around, loot four of the five apartments and finding no food which I desperately needed. My last apartment was the one to the left of the apartment. Having still not identified the shooter, I looked around and spotted nothing. Turned out there was a man in a gillie suit partway up the hill. He shot me several times but I still managed to make it into the apartment and patch myself up with 3k blood remaining.

At this point I figured he'd move in for the kill, however when I moved to the upstairs window facing out, there he was. He was clearly scoping the entrance of the building and I had a clear shot at him with my m1911. I fired, hitting him once out of two shots in his back. He sprung a leak visible from fifty yards away! Then the bastard rolled into the bushes and I distinctly saw the "Citizen" label pop up, then disappear. After investgating his hiding place and finding no signs of him I figured he d/ced. Then when I climbed up on the roof of the hospital(was taken down to 200 blood from a zombie) I saw him pop back in, just before I accidently went prone on the ladder and fell to my death.

The game is built upon the notion of death. If anything' date=' death should be permanent and non reversible. This is really a no brainer, people avoiding death whether from other players or zombies shouldn't be allowed to do so.

[/quote']

With other players, I very much agree. With zombies however, I refuse to lose an 8 day life with awesome equipment because a zombie king hits me after glitching through the wall and floor. Until the clipping issues are resolved, I have no qualms about DCing in such circumstances and don't think that unreasonable at all.

...it is careabearish and yeah your ar whining' date=' in the wrong thread as well. this is the "disconnecting to avoid death" thread.. not "help me im an idiot who goes into populated PvP zones and cries about getting shot"

bandits are a legitimate in game class. its even on your hud. stop crying and don't go into PvP zones if you can't handle it.

[/quote']

You are wrong AND rude. There are no 'PvP Zones', this game has no zones at all. There is a map of Chernarus filled with jerks who may or may not kill you. Saying 'stay out of PvP zones' is absolutely useless advice.

We had TWO incidents in the last two days where some cunt or cunts attacked our group and killed one person, then when return fire started they disconnected. I will take this two seconds to say that the people who play PvP as Bandits in this game are the biggest pack of crybabies ever. Given that Bandits generally call anyone who wants to level the playing field a bit or stop them exploiting is a crybaby carebear it seems somewhat funny. I guess they're projecting...

Anyway, the disconnect/reposition thing is annoying as all hell and I honestly think that less people would be rocking out as bandits if they couldn't avoid the consequences. I.e in many cases if they knew they couldn't just D/C to avoid getting shot back at they would probably just be too pussy to do anything. Whether or not something can practically be done to solve it, who knows... but it would be nice.

The game is built upon the notion of death. If anything' date=' death should be permanent and non reversible. This is really a no brainer, people avoiding death whether from other players or zombies shouldn't be allowed to do so.

[/quote']

With other players, I very much agree. With zombies however, I refuse to lose an 8 day life with awesome equipment because a zombie king hits me after glitching through the wall and floor. Until the clipping issues are resolved, I have no qualms about DCing in such circumstances and don't think that unreasonable at all.

Well we all know the bugs. Sure enough sometimes zombies glitch through the floor or ground and hit you, sure enough it's annoying, just as annoying as the ladder bug that you die from, or going through a floor at a fire station tower, or spawning under a rock and see your 12k hp character die helplessly. Should we then allow morals dictate when and when not to exploit ? Certainly not. In rare cases, yes you will die and you should deal with it. In most cases, GTFO where the zombies glitch when you notice you're being hit and you'll be fine. If you can't GTFO, you were most likely going to die.

Right now you can just use that exploit to avoid death in any circumstance, pure and simple. In a game where death is inevitably where your character is going towards, it is of utmost importance.

With other players' date=' I very much agree. With zombies however, I refuse to lose an 8 day life with awesome equipment because a zombie king hits me after glitching through the wall and floor. Until the clipping issues are resolved, I have no qualms about DCing in such circumstances and don't think that unreasonable at all.

[/quote']

Why you can collect awesome equipment, but can't avoid wall with agroed zed behind?