griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Ufff great thread 98 pages full of succint information i feel smarter already.

p.s. And yes i really had nothing better to do so i registered here just for this post.

• Like 4

are the devs aware of the massive abuse of the 3rd person view, to look around corners and walls, allowing to stay invisible while watching other survivors? and most importantly are they going to do something against that ? i played other games in 3rd person, which solved this problem nicely by making non static objects like players, vehicles, loot etc not visible in 3rd person, if you cant see them in first person.

Third person is ok, its the same for everyone, game is nicer like this... But this is not thread to argue about that. Basicly its thread about nothing, only spamming... If u have some news post if not please dont. I dont want read maybe 10bucks maybe 15 I think 20 I want to be free etc. Please stop.

are the devs aware of the massive abuse of the 3rd person view, to look around corners and walls, allowing to stay invisible while watching other survivors? and most importantly are they going to do something against that ? i played other games in 3rd person, which solved this problem nicely by making non static objects like players, vehicles, loot etc not visible in 3rd person, if you cant see them in first person.

Rocket said they kept 3rd Person because it allows you to maintain full situational awareness since it cannot be done through a single monitor. (Something along those lines).

Question: (At work, for some reason search bar won't work on this....."computer"... [it shits dust FFS]) - When Arma 3 comes out, will DayZ Standalone be upgraded to the A3 engine?

Edited by Pyro_Marine

3rd person is nice to play with, i like it too, first person is strange view, but i dont like the exploiting of "looking above walls" because it makes it impossible to spot poeple before they spot you, even if you look in their direction, its fundamentaly flawed and removes most of the tactical aspects of the game.

edit@pyro: its not about the 3rd person, read what i wrote in my earlier post. its about the "looking above walls and around corners" which can be fixed while still keeping 3rd person

Edited by brizz

If you don't like 3rd person just join a 1st person only server. The argument between both has been done to death already so use the search function and read about it elsewhere.

Can everyone just stop with the drama, trolling and spreading false information please? Also 3rd person off-topic doesn't help either.

Rocket said he is to review the progress and changes made at the end of this week (which is tomorrow) and communicate on that to the community.

Hold on till tomorrow.

They say not to talk about it , but i remember a few months ago in the forums , they said we would be greatly discounted since we bought Arma.

They said it would be greatly discounted for everyone, as far as I know that hasn't changed.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Steam Clan Pack purchase option:

I've purchased some games through Steam that had a Clan Purchase option which allowed customers to purchase 4 copies of a new game at a slightly discounted price. I'd like to suggest that the DayZ Stand Alone have that purchase option through Steam. Personally, I need about 6 copies so a clan pack option could save me some cash. Thank you.

• Like 5

AWESOME!!! no more mod bologna to deal with!! Everyone kept saying they were going to buy warZ so they don't have to deal with the mod. pfft morons lol

Steam Clan Pack purchase option:

I've purchased some games through Steam that had a Clan Purchase option which allowed customers to purchase 4 copies of a new game at a slightly discounted price. I'd like to suggest that the DayZ Stand Alone have that purchase option through Steam. Personally, I need about 6 copies so a clan pack option could save me some cash. Thank you.

A DayZ 'Survivor Pack' would be an awesome idea. Maybe options for a 4, 6, and an 8 pack. To give people a variety of options and possible discounts.

I hear the Steam bandit pack is free. :)

• Like 1

Medic pack should be half price, and to dissuade other player types the character wears a big red cross on their chest. and you can't get rid of it!

Does DayZ standalone exist or was it a just a joke after all?

Its the government spying on us.

Hey its December. Can I haz Rocketburger? Please? Lol jk take all the time you need day dev team.

In the Dev Blog Rocket said that if anything delayed a December release it would be publicly discussed. So if we don't hear anything about a delay in the next week I think there is reason to be optimistic.

He will be pretty angry if the world ends before they get the game out.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 3

If the game gets delayed this month, would Rocket be so kind as to give us some screenshots of the game... Pretty please!

who cares if its delayed.. At least itwill be done right i know games that have delayed for months to fix there problems and wouldn't be mad if they did it to this one. Enjoy arma 2 or the mod a little longer

who cares if its delayed.. At least itwill be done right i know games that have delayed for months to fix there problems and wouldn't be mad if they did it to this one. Enjoy arma 2 or the mod a little longer

But it make's no sense, and i have no idea what do you mean by "done right".

Do you even realize, that we are waiting for pre-alpha version, where things are meant to be incomplete/broken/bugged.

You think if you wait a month more it will be complete, ready to release game? :lol:

We all know what's pre-alpha, why hold the standalone even further? We are ready to face the bugs.

Doesn't matter if you release it now or a month later, it still will be bugged / not complete if you think different then you're just fooling yourself.

And thats why i dont get why it's being held, building hype?

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 2