griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Holy Christ! At this rate I don't think I want to play SA.. I played public servers for a day and went over to white listed servers instantly.

Wtf is the problem with 13 year old pathetic kids on this forum?? So much negativity.

To be honest the best thing is not to give you trolls any information so well done to BI you have my vote on the no info for the trolls approach.

I would like to read more positive comments from people in this thread but you won't see that because they don't waste their time trolling the forums.

Holy Christ! At this rate I don't think I want to play SA.. I played public servers for a day and went over to white listed servers instantly.

Wtf is the problem with 13 year old pathetic kids on this forum?? So much negativity.

To be honest the best thing is not to give you trolls any information so well done to BI you have my vote on the no info for the trolls approach.

I would like to read more positive comments from people in this thread but you won't see that because they don't waste their time trolling the forums.

We have been positive just fed up with no news we don't care if it's not released just let us no don't lie about making an announcement and keep us in the dark but continue to post on reddit.

• Like 1

"if I buy arma2, will I get dayz SA for free"...

Lmao - people are still asking that? 0.0

• Like 1

jep, some news about a possible release this year would be nice.

i thinks it's important to say, whether it's still possible or completly impossible for this years release.

it's just one sentence and a lot of people can stop waiting for the next few days

just a feedback would be really lovely.. something like, we dont know whether we can manage it this year, or just a .. sadly we don't get it this year is also fine ;)

Please grow up...what is it with you true children who whimper when someone calls out another adult? You think life is a Disney sitcom. Standing by what you say you are going to do is an adult expectation. Were all of you crying about the "criers" raised by teen single mothers where your every challenge was coddled and sheltered from any hardship?

We have been positive just fed up with no news we don't care if it's not released just let us no don't lie about making an announcement and keep us in the dark but continue to post on reddit.

I am sorry but what has dean himself lied to you about, As far as I am aware 2012 was a target not a definitive release date.

• Like 1

Please grow up...what is it with you true children who whimper when someone calls out another adult? You think life is a Disney sitcom. Standing by what you say you are going to do is an adult expectation. Were all of you crying about the "criers" raised by teen single mothers where your every challenge was coddled and sheltered from any hardship?

I honestly have no response to your clearly childish comment and truly pity you.

If we look at the events going on around at the moment we can easily evaluate what Bohemia are up to.

It's quite simple.

Rocket can't confirm when the game is going to be released because it profits them to have ARMA2 in the winter sale.

DayZ is a huge profit to them and at the moment people will buy ARMA2 to get to it. So maximising profits for ARMA2 is a great way to get that last push for the financial year which ends in a few months. This will boost their stocks/shares and show that the last few years for them have been enormously profitable, they'll most likely do some presentations inhouse on how DayZ is the reason behind this. Which it is.

They will then move to releasing DayZ standalone when the winter sale is over. Late January, perhaps early February (or maybe later to fit into 2013 fiscal year, which i believe is April) But i doubt that, as the profits of DayZ will continue through the year far past April. But if they release it too soon they risk having a huge drop of sales in 2013 compared to what they have made in 2012, afterall, It's all about impressing shareholders to gain more financial support in the upcoming years, It's difficult to keep both shareholder AND the player happy. It's a business, we can't tell them to release it early just because we want to play it, if their company ran like that they would be out of business and games like this wouldn't have a chance.

This is a professional look at the situation and i hope it's helped calm down a few folks.

Let's support Rocket/Bohemia/DayZ by purchasing DayZ when It's released. Purchasing ARMA2 while in the winter sale will also help.

But the standalone will most likely be released shortly after.

PS. GIMME YO BEANS.

Edited by Mr. Friendly
  • Like 9

Sounds like a fair assumption though given rocket's track history in terms of being honest with the community I think he would have let us in on that fact, or wouldn't he?!

He was also the one always telling us that money really is the only driving force in the industry. Hm what to make of that?!

Anyway whats the latest bit of information rocket has given us in regards to the SA? Is it what you can gather from http://dayzgame.com/ or is there anything newer than that?

Edited by ZuluActual

So what are you saying is that Rocket holding the release of DayZ for Bohemia Interactive so they can suck as much money as they can from the ArmA II Steam sale, and that is supposed to calm people down?

Tbh. if that would be true it's even worse than the lack of any information about SA from Rocket.

Some people need to get their heads out of Rocket ass so they can see the facts clearly again.

DERP.

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 1

If I was Rocket, i would not be in any hurry to release any info based on the kind of whiny bitches living on this forum. Honestly, some of you are truly pathetic. Dont like what i have to say? Whine a little more then. To make comments like "i want info now" would suggest to me that you are a self centred little turd, someone who expects the world to work the way they want it to. Guess what kids, it doesnt, nor will it ever. Whine a little more and see if anything changes.

One look at this thread would depress anyone, especially those who play pc games to avoid the prepubescent onslaught that infects most online platforms thesedays. You dont deserve any information..keep on whining.

The poster above is a perfect example.

Edited by xxxxenoxxx
  • Like 8

... Anyway whats the latest bit of information rocket has given us in regards to the SA? Is it what you can gather from http://dayzgame.com/ or is there anything newer than that?

Dean Hall has been tweeting in the last few days @ https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Seems he is giving Arma2 help and such. Which backs ups the idea that Bohemia want one last push for ARMA2 sales.

And of course he could be honest, but this isn't some corrupt lie, he's helping the company that is getting his game developed. Nothing wrong with that.

He might even have signed one of those contracts where he's not allowed to say something if it means losing sales for ARMA2.

Think, if he said 'EVERYONE DAYZ IS GONNA BE OUT SOON DONT BUY ARMA2' That'd be bad.

@K3lt, by 'Suck money out of us', you mean the 15 dollars or however much ARMA2 is now? Then yes. If you can't afford that maybe you should re evaluate your life.

Edited by samZERKER
  • Like 5

Rocket can't confirm when the game is going to be released because it profits them to have ARMA2 in the winter sale.

if that's true, it won't make people happy. it basically means he lied about being 'depressed', 'stressed', etc, and just played with our emotions so BI could juice Arma 2 a little more

Edited by daze23
  • Like 2

if that's true, it won't make people happy. it basically means he lied about being 'depressed', 'stressed', etc, and just played with our emotions so BI could juice Arma 2 a little more

or maybe he is depressed and stressed just because of that... he dont like it but have to hold it back because of some contract...

we simply dont know ;)

• Like 2

Noob question here....

Where can I read about DayZ progress?

Where has Rocket posted a dev diary or thoughts on the project and development?

So what are you saying is that Rocket holding the release of DayZ for Bohemia Interactive so they can suck as much money as they can from the ArmA II Steam sale, and that is supposed to calm people down?

Tbh. if that would be true it's even worse than the lack of any information about SA from Rocket.

Some people need to get their heads out of Rocket ass so they can see the world clearly again.

DERP.

Get over it. We're all waiting for an update. Why don't you go outside and take a break. The more you rage and rant about it here, the longer it's going to seem.

Edited by KetchupOnTheDog

Dean Hall has been tweeting in the last few days @ https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Seems he is giving Arma2 help and such. Which backs ups the idea that Bohemia want one last push for ARMA2 sales.

And of course he could be honest, but this isn't some corrupt lie, he's helping the company that is getting his game developed. Nothing wrong with that.

He might even have signed one of those contracts where he's not allowed to say something if it means losing sales for ARMA2.

Think, if he said 'EVERYONE DAYZ IS GONNA BE OUT SOON DONT BUY ARMA2' That'd be bad.

@K3lt, by 'Suck money out of us', you mean the 15 dollars or however much ARMA2 is now? Then yes. If you can't afford that maybe you should re evaluate your life.

Sounds plausible but I don't think this is the case.. Reasons being dean works for BI and BI profit for the release of SA, you might be right about getting the last few sales in but honestly I don't think it is much in comparison to what they will make with the release of SA.

not letting people know the exact date as it could only slightly hurt sales of arma 2 but that will not make much of a sales difference at all, they are the same company they both win lol besides who would be buying arma 2 now when arma 3 and SA are out soon, if its to play with friends 15 bucks is nothing.

On reddit he posted "DayZ standalone is fine, and I'm looking forward to updating progress. But first things first, many people depend on the DayZmod - paying for server rentals etc. So I and others have an obligation to see this all goes smoothly."

Edited by Takas

Noob question here....

Where can I read about DayZ progress?

Where has Rocket posted a dev diary or thoughts on the project and development?

Thats basically all things rocket: :)

rocket's Content - Day Z Forums - 40 pages of pure rocket

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

http://dayzgame.com/

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Edited by ZuluActual

Posted three hours ago:

Standalone is going just fine, I need to be a bit more careful about what I say so it's less of a crisis situation. If only half the people buy the game because I've been super quiet then so be it, we want to make this the best it can be. That is all we care about now. Everything else is secondary, release date, profit - the lot. Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential.

Rocket should be politician. He knows how to say one thing in many diffrent ways and piss off people with that ; ).

Edited by Kaczor