griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

People say what they want! The Rocket has already said it will be released later this year!

do not talk what you do not know!

:P

hes also said that it will be delayed if its needed

I dont really care if it will come next year or this, but some infos still would be quiet nice.

I dont really care if it will come next year or this, but some infos still would be quiet nice.

Yea - just a little information to your loyal followers couldn't hurt. "Hey guys, things are looking good - heres another photo"... it can't really take that much effort to at least do that... ;D

My guess is he doesn't want to throw out just anything. He probably wants to wait for something of quality to occur before making another announcement.

Guys, it's only ten to 9 here in NZ. He said he was jetlagged from the flight so he may just still be sleeping. Give him a break, we will get some news when he's ready.

what the hell are you doing, rocket?

well could be sleeping eating seeing his family you know having a life

what are you doing ??

• Like 4

Guys, it's only ten to 9 here in NZ. He said he was jetlagged from the flight so he may just still be sleeping. Give him a break, we will get some news when he's ready.

What you're gonna tell us what deodorant he wears next

well could be sleeping eating seeing his family you know having a life

what are you doing ??

Well, i just want to hear something. Release is suppose to be within 2 weeks, and if something isn't working, we should know by now.

cut the man a freaking break... he will give news when hes ready and has free time

• Like 1

Well, i just want to hear something. Release is suppose to be within 2 weeks, and if something isn't working, we should know by now.

Exactly, so this is just a good sign, that maybe everything is in order, and nothing's gone wrong.

Hence the maybe. Just using common sense.

• Like 1

This was posted in another topic figured I would put it here as well.

Rocket - The main reason I posted that was because I am literally being swamped with requests for updates. I'm currently transiting from Europe to New Zealand, and anyone who has done that flight knows it's a total pain no matter how you fly. You could be in a Learjet and you're still going to get jet-lagged like crazy.

Ideally the best way would be for me to just discuss everything casually on places like here, but there appears to be quite a bit of anticipation so I suppose outlining the plans and all the dates needs to be done carefully this time so the information is put out there right and not misquoted... I still recall the time I came back from Eurogamer and one news website reported that I said DayZ would be free-to-play... so then all the others say that too... What I actually said was we had LOOKED at free-to-play and said no.

Here is the link for it.

http://www.reddit.co..._tumblr/c7fu6er

Edited by Marlboro^Man

The way I see it, and many people will agree, is that if he was to delay the release from this year to next, he would have made an announcement about it. However, the complete silence from public posts from him could well mean that there is no delay. The way I thought about it, and still do think about it is, he has just been abroad to see his family etc... This could be a result of him about to release the game, and wanting to see his family before he is head over heels with word to do on the ALPHA.

In this thought, he could be going to see his family because he knows hes not going to have much time to, after the release because he is in another completely different country) which means now he is back, he has nothing else to worry about other than patching the last few "hacking" issues before its release.

As he did mention in a video presentation I watched on YouTube, that solving the hacking "crisis" is his main focus. Which is what we all wanted for the DayZ MOD. There is a picture on a couple of pages back on this post of someone having a conversation with rocket over Facebook, and he did say he is jet-lagged and will make an announcement "soon". I will edit in the picture.

So this explains the reasoning behind the lack of words on the forum about ANYTHING to do with the standalone. BUT, you can go to the official blog (www.dayzgame.com) and wait for a new post on there about the updates.

That's what I have been doing for the last couple of months.

Rocket_zps4cd8a8db.jpg

This image was posted by:

zenorc123

Profile link:

http://dayzmod.com/f...5146-zenorc123/

Edited by azerbijon123
  • Like 3

It would be unprofessional to keep bad news in the dark this long.

on the other hand it would be normal for him to be taken a brake before the release and writing up he's enouncement to everyone

No news is good news

• Like 1

The way I see it, and many people will agree, is that if he was to delay the release from this year to next, he would have made an announcement about it. However, the complete silence from public posts from him could well mean that there is no delay. The way I thought about it, and still do think about it is, he has just been abroad to see his family etc... This could be a result of him about to release the game, and wanting to see his family before he is head over heels with word to do on the ALPHA.

In this thought, he could be going to see his family because he knows hes not going to have much time to, after the release because he is in another completely different country) which means now he is back, he has nothing else to worry about other than patching the last few "hacking" issues before its release.

As he did mention in a video presentation I watched on YouTube, that solving the hacking "crisis" is his main focus. Which is what we all wanted for the DayZ MOD. There is a picture on a couple of pages back on this post of someone having a conversation with rocket over Facebook, and he did say he is jet-lagged and will make an announcement "soon". I will edit in the picture.

So this explains the reasoning behind the lack of words on the forum about ANYTHING to do with the standalone. BUT, you can go to the official blog (www.dayzgame.com) and wait for a new post on there about the updates.

Rocket_zps4cd8a8db.jpg

zenorc123

Profile link:

Rocket_zps4cd8a8db.jpg

zenorc123

Profile link:

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE... VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Why are all of you so eager to get a screenshot or something.

What are you expecting, it has been said before that the game will look the same, with lots of "under the hood" improvements /new engine /etc

i honestly do not care if they post a screenshot or anything for that matter, this month who cares, the game is announced to come out in December, so until that last day of December passes i dont need any updates.

And about all the "omg you could AT LEAST post a screenshot" comments.

I think Rocket himself said thats not gonna happen because of "a certain game" where devs are a holes and copy stuff from DayZ.

Dont be so impatient, its not like there is nothing else to play...here is an idea - play the mod - they say standalone is gonna be the same thing at the start anyway.

Dont get me wrong - im buying the thing the second it comes out, but im not expecting a new game with 10x better graphics, 10x larger map etc etc..

i expect a buggy game in its alpha stage, getting better each patch.

EDIT: i apologize for any failed comma placement and/or repeating myself, its late im sleepy, my apostrophe key isnt working, good night ;)

Edited by Stric

We can't make deductions because the posibilities of Standalone being released next week are 50/50. I was thinking about this radio silence like a positive thing because it means that the delay is less possible for not saying anything before, but later I thought that maybe it's a Rocket's play to delay the announcement of the real delay (2013) to be less painful for the community; so all we need is to wait at least one more day and then we will know the truth from the people that is working in this game for all of us so... be patient like me, it's difficult but it's the best choice for our mental health and Rocket's too.

Edited by Guisho

Lol... no matter how you travel, between europe and nz you will have jetlagged. Even if you beam tele transportation...

jetlag, is the time difference between countries too far apart.

Why are all of you so eager to get a screenshot or something.

What are you expecting, it has been said before that the game will look the same, with lots of "under the hood" improvements /new engine /etc

i honestly do not care if they post a screenshot or anything for that matter, this month who cares, the game is announced to come out in December, so until that last day of December passes i dont need any updates.

And about all the "omg you could AT LEAST post a screenshot" comments.

I think Rocket himself said thats not gonna happen because of "a certain game" where devs are a holes and copy stuff from DayZ.

Dont be so impatient, its not like there is nothing else to play...here is an idea - play the mod - they say standalone is gonna be the same thing at the start anyway.

Dont get me wrong - im buying the thing the second it comes out, but im not expecting a new game with 10x better graphics, 10x larger map etc etc..

i expect a buggy game in its alpha stage, getting better each patch.

I expect a unbuggy game. I expect perfect unbuggy gemeplay rocket calling in his humility "Alpha".

The screenshots tell other storys than his words. "While the graphics may look the same..." be humble...

I expect a unbuggy game. I expect perfect unbuggy gemeplay rocket calling in his humility "Alpha".

The screenshots tell other storys than his words. "While the graphics may look the same..." be humble...

then why the hell would he release as an Alpha?

Your sentence ignore the fact that Alpha Beta are strictly to find bugs and glitches.

If you dont want bugs, dont play alpha

then why the hell would he release as an Alpha?

To find bugs and glitches. 100% I play Alpha.

Maybe "expect" is the wrong word, not my native language, I belive it is not buggy as hell.

The screenshots looking awesome and definitely not the same.

Edited by NoCheats

To find bugs and glitches. 100% I play Alpha.

Maybe "expect" is the wrong word, not my native language, I belive it is not buggy as hell.

The screenshots looking awesome and definitely not the same.

This ''mod'' had enough time to think about it ..