griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

They can't actually give an announcement about the date yet. I think it would be fit to give us the game for Christmas but because there's no exact date, I know I should wait.

i know what i was writing i think you are one of those dreamer,s arnt you, at the end of the day people are getting annoyed with posts saying november then december and no real feedback coming to the community to let us now when it will really be released all we want is a date i dont care if its 3 month down the line just tell us when it will be, couse i now i am loosing all faith in it and i bet a lot of other people are too, so my point still stand rocket give us a real date weather its a month or 3 down the line as i bet a lot of people are getting real bored of this now, so give us a date and anyone else thinks we should get told let him now on hear

If Rocket started handing out the release date, that would be the target date and he would be eligible to finish the game in said date. Without a date, he would have all the time in the world to polish the bugs and fix all the things that needs fixing and without pushing himself too hard just because he promised us something.

Edited by zenorc123
  • Like 2

Man, stop asking these questions. It will be released on January with a $25 price tag.

Here we have another clairvoyant.

What if rocket's just staging a huge surprise? No updates, until one morning you go to the SA website and you see it's released :D BAM, half of the community dies from over excitement :D

• Like 4

We were supposed to have an update at the end of last week, we were supposed to have one ASAP after wednesday. It seems like its still in the balance whether it will be here before or after christmas, if it was clearly going to be delayed it would have been communicated to us already. They said previously should there be any problems the community will be informed, so far we haven't been informed anything so just hope for the best.

If it's not out before santa day then you have more money to spend in the steam sale.

• Like 2

With the the SA being launched on Steam and Valve announcing the new Steam box console. Do you think DayZ will be available for that? I think it will be good for DayZ as a lot of people will be buying the Steam box as am guessing it will be a cheap way to get into PC gaming. The more people playing DayZ the better.

How hard is to get on the computer in 2012, spend 2min to write announcement even when he's with family..?

These guys are making a product for us. They don't owe us this product. They have no outstanding obligations to us. We have no entitlement here.

If they all want to close the doors and go home for the next 6 months they can. It's not their duty to take time away from their families to update a blog. ASAP doesn't mean today, tomorrow, or the next day. It means when I can. If you can't wait and want an unfinished product that badly, you can go play the train wreck that is WarZ.

Yes we would all LIKE an update, yes we would all LIKE a release, but this is something that they are doing for us and we have no right to complain about the timeline in which it is completed or announced.

• Like 4

What if rocket's just staging a huge surprise? No updates, until one morning you go to the SA website and you see it's released :D BAM, half of the community dies from over excitement :D

Tree minutes later, Steam servers overload and massive failure... :beans:

A simple yes or no to the question of "will it be out before xmas?" would be cool. What's the big secret?

• Like 1

A simple yes or no to the question of "will it be out before xmas?" would be cool. What's the big secret?

Developing a game is not like baking a pie. You can never have a accurate deadline. Most of the time pre-release testing and last touches can change headlines. It's understandable that rocket and his team don't want to get ahead of themselves.

• Like 2

If you can't wait and want an unfinished product that badly, you can go play the train wreck that is WarZ.

So you think if they wait 1 month the game will be complete and bug free?

I think you have no idea what pre-alpha is, so go find what's that and then talk shit.

• Like 1

Alternately they could just throw it at us, let the hackers run rampant, spawn items in for select players, use a pay-to-win format, have lawn decorations for zombies, ban anyone who disagrees with their views, and then rocket could call us "sh**ty little fa***ts".

But I don't know ANY company that would do that.......*winkwink*

• Like 1

Developing a game is not like baking a pie. You can never have a accurate deadline. Most of the time pre-release testing and last touches can change headlines. It's understandable that rocket and his team don't want to get ahead of themselves.

Thanks for the pro tip.

/eyeroll

Edited by joebandit

deadline for an alpha release? no one need it, just release the alpha now, what the problem!

Actually, a lot. It's an alpha, there's supposed to be a lot of problems but Rocket's polishing it so we don't have to bitch about it every now and then.

I think you have no idea what pre-alpha is, so go find what's that and then talk shit.

I honestly don't remember any part of my post that had anything to do with what you just said.

But I'll bite I guess.

Pre-Alpha, which this game is in, is a state of the game where the game is actually being build and tested for basic functionality. Everything from concept to intitial testing is considered to be pre-alpha. At least that's what common sense tells me that "pre-alpha" would be.

Beta, which is the state of WarZ, is the state when more users test heavily for minor glitches and perform stress-testing on servers. This is after foundation designs are completed and implemented, but need to be played with to find any errors they might have.

But it has been awhile since I studied computer sciences. I may be way off target here.

Your turn

Lol, this thread is awesome.

I know, right!?

No but one month will give Rocket enough time to polish most or even half of the bugs, we're not requesting for a bug-free game here, we want it to be rid of annoying bugs but at the same time, we know it's in pre-alpha so it is wise to expect bugs but a little more time can't hurt.

Edited by zenorc123

But it has been awhile since I studied computer sciences. I may be way off target here.

Nowadays both "alpha" and "beta" are marketing terms used to describe a "demo"

• Like 2

That's kinda sad. I remember alpha and beta actually meaning something. And when did ban and suspension become merged? Ban was always permanent and suspension was temporary.

SkipZ anyone?

Lol, this thread is awesome.

It is like sitting ringside at the boxing championship of the world .

The match has been on hold and is one (1) hour late starting.

Then at ringside a fight breaks out and gets bigger and bigger over who is going to win the match that has not even started.

Edited by kb5ixd
  • Like 3

I know what you’re thinking: "Will DayZ be released before the apocalypse on December 21st?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kinda can't tell. But it only make sense that it would be released on that very day, the greatest apocalyptic survival game in the world, so you have got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?

Edited by CamP